Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. (5789 Views)

Saharareporters:Conspirators That Helped Tinubu Collect 10% Lagos State Taxes / Exclusive!Magu’s SA Exposes The Conspirators Against Orji Kalu, Absolves Magu / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Topsic70: 12:35am On May 11, 2020
gidgiddy:

This is one story where you don't need source.. The simple question to ask is how is it possible that Gowon, who was barely a week in power and not recognized as head of state in the East, managed to free Awolowo who was in Calabar prison? The only person that could have released Awolowo was Ojukwu. Even the so called video was Awolowo meeting Gowon shortly after his arrival in Lagos

gidgiddy:

The simple question you and others should ask your selves, or try to answer, is how is it that Awolowo was in prison in Calabar, but the video shows Gowon releasing Awolowo in Lagos?

Nobody has been able to answer this simple question

Deflective tactics! grin
You DT "know how awo was released and transferred to Lagos from calabar by ojuku", yet have no single proof of ojukwu releasing awo from prison apart from what ur father told u dare question d barrage of written, audio and visual evidences showing DT awo's release was orchestrated by Gowon.
Taaaaaaa!
I resemble ipob 4 ya aiz?

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by abduljabbar4(m): 12:35am On May 11, 2020
maestroferddi:
See this one...

Why did Ojukwu drag Gowon to Aburi while following your warped logic, he could have had him court-martialed and shot?

That was during their conflict. Ojukwu had not declared independence when the accord was held. BTW like someone said, show us a quote from either Awolowo or gowon affirming Your Own version of the story or better still, show us your sources since NYT are liars according to youcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 12:36am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Ogbeni Gowon said he released Awolowo. It’s in the premium times news so stop saying rubbish.

Provide a source to back your claims coz they belong to the trash.

I’ve asked almost all Igbo I’ve encountered for months to provide me A SINGLE reputable source. No one provide one except for Ojuku words.

You are all LIARS
You see your life?

Ojukwu maintained that he released Awo while he was alive.

Never once did Gowon challenge him.

When he was gone, Gowon went to town that he released Awo because he knows that gullible people like you will swallow the mind control line, hook and sinker.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 12:42am On May 11, 2020
maestroferddi:
You see your life?

When he was gone, Gowon went to town that he released Awo because he knows that gullible people like you will swallow the mind control line, hook and sinker.

Hahahahahahaha LOL.

That’s because Everybody know Ojuku is a joker. Just as Buhari will not reply Kanu claim that he is Jubril from Sudan.

Everybody know you all are jokers and you only believe in your own lies. My father say that.

Ogbeni bring your sources or shamelessly leave my mention!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 12:43am On May 11, 2020
abduljabbar4:

That was during their conflict. Ojukwu had not declared independence when the accord was held. BTW like someone said, show us a quote from either Awolowo or gowon affirming Your Own version of the story or better still, show us your sources since NYT are liars according to youcheesy
You trying to wriggle out but you are shackled...

You said Ojukwu could have committed treason if he had disobeyed the instruction from Gowon to release Awo...

I ask you again: Why did Ojukwu drag Gowon to Aburi Ghana for resolution of the conflict if Gowon was in charge of Eastern region?

Why did Ghana have to intervene in what undermined the territorial and political sovereignity of Nigeria?

Answer, Ogbeni...
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by abduljabbar4(m): 12:44am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

See brother there are still a lot of Igbo propaganda to debunk. That 20 pound policy was debunked by Aribisala then if I still remember and they couldn’t bring forth a proof to dispute his facts.

The Yorubas of the old chose to leave them alone coz our father pitied them for the casualties they suffered during the war. The Igbo man have been hiding under the victim mentality to project their propaganda.

Now Yorubas like me and the current youth will take no nonsense from the Igbos and we will make sure they don’t get the same privilege of silence our fathers accorded them.

If not that Ojuku is deranged, why should he expect food from his enemies in the first place? That is one of the reason they hated Awolowo and Ojuku used that to defend his loss in the war and used Awo as the fall guy.

If I was Gowon, I would have jailed Awolowo for aiding the enemy. Abi why did baba kept the eastern region allocation for the duration of the war? And why will he even bring the policy of £20 for our enemies in the first place.

Honestly these people love demonizing they can actually make Adolf Hitler look like a victim of the Jews or Make Shekau look like a saint. So many baseless stories that lack historical backing. Just look at the ignorant person you are arguing with. Not even a photoshppped newspaper report to validate his claims and he still had the audacity to call those newspaper houses fake. Honestly I'm very glad that you people are standing up to them even though it's already too late. Write this down, you will hear another set of stories in the next 30 years to come

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 12:45am On May 11, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Awolowo was released August 3, 1966.

Aburi Accord was in January 5, 1967.

A whole 5 month oooooooooooo.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Nobody: 12:47am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Nawa o.

I told you to provide the source that Ojuku released Awo but you can’t coz it doesn’t exist.

Stop mentioning me if you can’t provide any source coz I won’t reply your Jargons anymore.

What’s why cup of tea with Aburi?

I’ve got the Aburi accord. I too am curious about what he has to say about it and what it has to do with Awolowo. I can’t wait to blast him, he’s setting a trap for himself and he doesn’t even know it.

D guy no know say some people go school tchew!
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 12:47am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Hahahahahahaha LOL.

That’s because Everybody know Ojuku is a joker. Just as Buhari will not reply Kanu claim that he is Jubril from Sudan.

Everybody know you all are jokers and you only believe in your own lies. My father say that.

Ogbeni bring your sources or shamelessly leave my mention!
So much for wasting my saliva on you...

A man could not muster the balls to make an assertion but waited for a counterparty to die before coming up with revisionism...yet he had you fooled...
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by abduljabbar4(m): 12:48am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Awolowo was released August 3, 1966.

Aburi Accord was in January 5, 1967.

A whole 5 month oooooooooooo.

Don't mind him. Only for ojukwu to change his mind and release awolowo days after Gowon had come into power. That's Biafrans for you.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 12:51am On May 11, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Honestly these people love demonizing they can actually make Adolf Hitler look like a victim of the Jews or Make Shekau look like a saint. So many baseless stories that lack historical backing. Just look at the ignorant person you are arguing with. Not even a photoshppped newspaper report to validate his claims and he still had the audacity to call those newspaper houses fake. Honestly I'm very glad that you people are standing up to them even though it's already too late. Write this down, you will hear another set of stories in the next 30 years to come

That’s the Igbo man psychology and how they do things.

It’s a game plan. In his mind he knows he is wrong but they don’t always agree to factual evidence except their own wishful thinking. So normally he will try to divert the thread and derail the actual point.

We have been telling him to present his evidence since November last year and yet this is May 2020 and this guy doesn’t seem to have evidence whatsoever.

The Yorubas are asleep like you said, but now we are starting to wake up. I know how to deal with them and I’m sure couple of Yorubas on here also know how to do that. We will make sure we don’t care about their emotion and will mock them with even the most sorrowful part of their history.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Nobody: 12:53am On May 11, 2020
maestroferddi:
[s]This silly assertion of parents soiling minds is a crass display of simple-mindedness.[/s]

Some of us here are authorities of some sort in Nigeria history with the capability to distil out objectivity.

Come off it...

Authorities of some sort in Nigeria history that can’t cite sources or provide evidence to back up claims, I laugh...which Aba market made you authority? grin

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 12:56am On May 11, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Don't mind him. Only for ojukwu to change his mind and release awolowo days after Gowon had come into power. That's Biafrans for you.

Don’t mind the liar.

—Awolowo was imprisoned in 1963.

—Ironsi became head of state January 17, 1966

— Ojuku was appointed governor January 17, 1966

— Ironsi was assassinated July 29, 1966

— Gowon took power in August 1, 1966

— Awolowo was released August 3, 1966

Please what is Ojuku and Ironsi looking at for over 7month that they couldn’t deem it fit to release Awolowo? Why is is that he was released almost immediately as Gowon took power.

maestroferddi is a disgrace to Ojuku for dragging his name in the mud. Just as I will say to other million Igbos that can’t provide a single source to defend their ancestors.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 12:58am On May 11, 2020
KingJa:

I’ve got the Aburi accord. I too am curious about what he has to say about it and what it has to do with Awolowo. I can’t wait to blast him, he’s setting a trap for himself and he doesn’t even know it.

D guy no know say some people go school tchew!
There is no trap for a person who has the brainpower to think himself out of what you think is a bind.

If Gowon was in charge, Aburi would not have arisen..

Your aburo has even done my home work.

According to him, Awo was released on August 3, 1966, while the Aburi Accord held in January 1967.

Now common sense should tell you that if Gowon could not control/command Ojukwu after over five months of the counter-couo, it is improbable he could have controlled him IMMEDIATELY after the coup given the death of Ironsi and the purge/murder of Igbo officers ...
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Topsic70: 12:59am On May 11, 2020
maestroferddi:
You see your life?

A typical ipob will tell a lie, meditate on/make himself believe DT lie, then pass it onto his sheedren.
This is d reason a semilunatic like KANU held sway in d east because u swallow anything, no matter how incredulous, so long as its coming from d mouth of a kinsman cheesy

Let's assume ojukwu/ur father told u d bolded and u could see evidences in d media contrary to what daddy told u, shouldn't u as a 'logical' human being ask ur father to show u evidence(s) to backup his claims?

Unfortunately, u 2 will pass on ds (dis)information to ur sheedren, and d cycles goes on!

Lolz, una be yaba left patients true-true!
Just show us d evidence of ojukwu releasing awo other than what ojukwu/ur father told u biko, at least we have countless evidence supporting d gowon narrative.
Daalu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by abduljabbar4(m): 1:00am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

That’s the Igbo man psychology and how they do things.

It’s a game plan. In his mind he knows he is wrong but they don’t always agree to factual evidence except their own wishful thinking. So normally he will try to divert the thread and derail the actual point.

We have been telling him to present his evidence since November last year and yet this is May 2020 and this guy doesn’t seem to have evidence whatsoever.

The Yorubas are asleep like you said, but now we are starting to wake up. I know how to deal with them and I’m sure couple of Yorubas on here also know how to do that. We will make sure we don’t care about their emotion and will mock them with even the most sorrowful part of their history.

You can see some of these distasteful habits being repeated today. Take for example, they will use statistics to insult the northerners and call them almajiri, they call us illiterates using those statistics but all of a sudden, on May 2020, those statistics became afonja. propaganda when it posted figures they didn't like about their region. Their hypocrisy is scary

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 1:04am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Don’t mind the liar.

—Awolowo was imprisoned in 1963.

—Ironsi became head of state January 17, 1966

— Ojuku was appointed governor January 17, 1966

— Ironsi was assassinated July 29, 1966

— Gowon took power in August 1, 1966

— Awolowo was released August 3, 1966

Please what is Ojuku and Ironsi looking at for over 7month that they couldn’t deem it fit to release Awolowo? Why is is that he was released almost immediately as Gowon took power.

maestroferddi is a disgrace to Ojuku for dragging his name in the mud. Just as I will say to other million Igbos that can’t provide a single source to defend their ancestors.

When you lose the plot, you resort to insult and cheap blackmail

You should have stated that it was Ironsi who imprisoned Awo...
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 1:05am On May 11, 2020
abduljabbar4:

You can see some of these distasteful habits being repeated today. Take for example, they will use statistics to insult the northerners and call them almajiri, they call us illiterates using those statistics but all of a sudden, on May 2020, those statistics became afonja. propaganda when it posted figures they didn't like about their region. Their hypocrisy is scary

Bro you northerners have to start giving it back to them. Credit to Arewa Twitter and Arrewa on Nairaland. The Igbo man now fear Arewa coz he knows how to deal with them.

They always call the North countless name using the same NBS statistics but suddenly don’t want to believe the new statistics and resorted to abusing Yemi Kale. We showed them the world bank data and the Oxford data on poverty metric, all of which alluded to the same fact.

Go on Twitter, Whatsaping, a Northerner always roast the Igbos and they dare not behave the way they always behave on Nairaland.

I think there aren’t too much northerners on this Nairaland or maybe most of you always like to be silent.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 1:06am On May 11, 2020
maestroferddi:

I will keep tormenting you until you have nothing else to say.

Before you used to type multiple lines, now it’s just 2 lines.

Soon it will be nothing. I won’t stop until you rid yourself of the spirit of lies.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by maestroferddi: 1:09am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

I will keep tormenting you until you have nothing else to say.

Before you used to type multiple lines, now it’s just 2 lines.

Soon it will be nothing. I won’t stop until you rid yourself of the spirit of lies.
Oga, you are beginning to sound petty...
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Nobody: 1:12am On May 11, 2020
maestroferddi:
There is no trap for a person who has the brainpower to think himself out of what you think is a bind.

If Gowon was in charge, Aburi would not have arisen..

Your aburo has even done my home work.

According to him, Awo was released on August 3, 1966, while the Aburi Accord held in January 1967.

Now common sense should tell you that if Gowon could not control/command Ojukwu after over five months of the counter-couo, it is improbable he could have controlled him IMMEDIATELY after the coup given the death of Ironsi and the purge/murder of Igbo officers ...

Ok since you are now talking gibberish I’ll leave you to it.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 1:13am On May 11, 2020
maestroferddi:
Oga, you are beginning to sound petty...

Now it’s 1 line like I said.

Won’t stop until you have nothing else to say.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by abduljabbar4(m): 1:21am On May 11, 2020
YorubaHero12:

Bro you northerners have to start giving it back to them. Credit to Arewa Twitter and Arrewa on Nairaland. The Igbo man now fear Arewa coz he knows how to deal with them.

They always call the North countless name using the same NBS statistics but suddenly don’t want to believe the new statistics and resorted to abusing Yemi Kale. We showed them the world bank data and the Oxford data on poverty metric, all of which alluded to the same fact.

Go on Twitter, Whatsaping, a Northerner always roast the Igbos and they dare not behave the way they always behave on Nairaland.

I think there aren’t too much northerners on this Nairaland or maybe most of you always like to be silent.

The problem is that most of us prefer to paste pictures on IG, facebook and the rest. That is why they have a field day demonizing us on a daily basis. No tribe is perfect. We have our issues but these people make it look like everybody is a devil while they are saints. We are also gaining momentum. We shall fight this war to the finish.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Topsic70: 1:21am On May 11, 2020
maestroferddi:

Lolz,
#reverse psychology!
Ordinally "show us proofs to validate ur Father's claims", u r singing urself a dirge. cheesy
Is dt y we r here? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 1:26am On May 11, 2020
abduljabbar4:

The problem is that most of us prefer to paste pictures on IG, facebook and the rest. That is why they have a field day demonizing us on a daily basis. No tribe is perfect. We have our issues but these people make it look like everybody is a devil while they are saints. We are also gaining momentum. We shall fight this war to the finish.

God bless brother.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by YorubaHero12: 1:27am On May 11, 2020
Topsic70:

Lolz,
#reverse psychology!
Ordinally "show us proofs to validate ur Father's lies", u r singing urself a dirge. cheesy

Lol. I tire o my brother

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Nobody: 1:36am On May 11, 2020
abduljabbar4:

To be honest that is what brought me here. We don’t set up propaganda accts on Facebook and Twitter, it seems like that is all they do! They insult every other ethnic groups on a daily basis, oh they are terrible on YouTube.

I got tired of it now I’m deciding to fight back. Going against Awolowo and making false claims about him was the last straw that broke the camels back for me. And now I will make it a personal mission of mine to go at their necks! No mercy but we need to be tactful in our approach, I don’t want us to look like the instigators, they’re the ones that have agitated us and we are merely fighting back.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by Gandollar(f): 1:37am On May 11, 2020
jimyjames:

May his soul rest in peace
Amen!
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by abduljabbar4(m): 10:09am On May 11, 2020
KingJa:

To be honest that is what brought me here. We don’t set up propaganda accts on Facebook and Twitter, it seems like that is all they do! They insult every other ethnic groups on a daily basis, oh they are terrible on YouTube.

I got tired of it now I’m deciding to fight back. Going against Awolowo and making false claims about him was the last straw that broke the camels back for me. And now I will make it a personal mission of mine to go at their necks! No mercy but we need to be tactful in our approach, I don’t want us to look like the instigators, they’re the ones that have agitated us and we are merely fighting back.

That is very good to hear. You can see how we are already zipping their mouths on this and even other threads. Shameless people

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by bamite(m): 10:49am On May 11, 2020
T9ksy:

@ Bolded.........................Abi o jare!!! grin

Hence the reason why i tend to ignore his characteristic asinine comments here on this forum.

He has always been consistent...............................................

The guy is just too foolish.
Re: Awolowo Came Out From Prison Without Meeting His Conspirators Alive. by gidgiddy: 11:55am On May 11, 2020
abduljabbar4:

The guy gave you two sources and a video and yet you are still arguing. Don't you feel a bit silly doing this? So he should leave NYT and believe you? Do you have any source at all?

Two international newspapers, that are not even in Nigeria, are the ones telling Nigerians what happend in Nigeria? Then we have a video of Gowon releasing Awolowo in Lagos even though Awolowo was in Calabar prisons.

Dont you find this narrative laughable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SERAP Condemns Arbitrary Electricity Tariff, Fuel Price Hike / House Of Reps Adjourns Plenary Abruptly Over Lack Of Paper / Times Are Hard, Don't Waste Resources On Appeal: Delta Pdp Tells APC, SDP, LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.