Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) - Family (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) (15479 Views)

Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) / Over Emphasis On The Girl Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by emmaodet: 3:39pm On May 14, 2020
Acidosis:

You're not considering marriage. Check.

You're not married. Check.

Are you a product of marriage? Remains uncheck.

BTW, I'm wondering how you became a marriage counselor?

Just imagine the trash someone is saying, that marriage is like a Cage to her.
What a generation but formication - hopping from dicks to dicks is her Freedom.
I guess the word Freedom has been Bastardized.
Humans are dangerous and destructive if left unchecked.
Is this all the society is getting back for empowering women? For educating them? Set of ladies using all these tools for personal and selfish reasons?
I can't wait to see what how the world will be in the next 20-30 years.
I even saw one quoted you that even if she is in a relationship and decides to cheat, it is her right. Can you imagine the fvckery and mentality? Is the modern woman to ease the modern man or become a very big pain in the ass to him?
I fear person wey no fear this generation.

3 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by emmaodet: 3:50pm On May 14, 2020
Acidosis:

Perhaps you should ask Seun why we have a list of 22 rules on the forum. Freedom without boundaries ultimately will lead to chaos.

I do not see anything uncivil on page 1 until a particular individual decided to attack the OP based on senseless preconceived ideas and prejudices.

Fact.

3 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Arthur2021: 4:01pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

grin grin
this ladies never seem to amaze me. It is obvious bukatyne is one who loves the traditional way of marriage,her post is for those that adhere to it. Not for everyone.

All humans will have their own paths,they are people who the modern way works for others it doesn't work for them...look at how they are crucifying her for her "own truth". When these dolts open threads and have males storm the thread they cry foul but now they have started talking about freedom of expression as an excuse for their caustic bashings on her.

When you don't agree with them as a woman you are a pick mesha.
What shocks me is that monikers I never believed would stoop so low to throw shades and mock her like ariza,biglittlelois,et al

These same women will cry foul when men troll their threads and insult them.

The hallmark of enlightenment is recognising that humans have their individual paths which should be respected.

Some accusing her of enforcing her rules on them ,if she opened a thread talking of how ladies should milk rich men,they will say she in imposing her choices of them

Modernity has no place for traditional women. They insult them and call them pickmesha. The modern and traditional women can live in harmony,one who stays at home and cook and one who has a thriving career are both good women,none is lesser than the other

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by emmaodet: 4:03pm On May 14, 2020
Acidosis:

I don't expect everyone to agree with me and to say the fact, we have more than one type of family structure, heck, a friend can even be a family. It all depends on personal opinions.

However, the attempt to silence a woman that has done nothing but preach the traditional or conventional view of family and the relationship between husband and wife is what I don't understand. Funny thing is the attackers seem to have something in common.

Those who come here to pamper single mothers, single wives, abused wives, and those who do giveaways for runaway mothers and others on the other side of the spectrum do not get this level of attack.

That, for me, is a reflection of a messed up society.

Very very messed up society.

3 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Acidosis(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

The way people think, talk, comment and type nowadays is really a thing of concern.
Always shouting rule of law, let people live their life the way they want it if they are not harming anybody (and who told them they are not harming anybody), my body my life etc
At this rate, i fear for the future.

Bro, so long as the way you think, your belief systems, and values are useful to you and yours, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I try to constantly evaluate my beliefs by asking whether my belief system is useful to me and those I truly care about.

As per the differing views I read online, I don’t think here nor there about them an alternate version of belief systems for me. They’re plainly just useless. All cons and no pros.

While environment has a role to play in shaping these views, I've come to realize the authors of some of these views actually need clinical evaluation. Or how do we help, for example, a group of women demanding that men should (equally) share caregiving and babysitting roles in the name of human rights?

Even animals like monkey and chimpazee know better. When you refer them to the biological categorization of male and female and why female seems to have a "divinely-planted" skill for caregiving and child nurturing, they condemn you for bringing God and religion into the mix like say na my papa invent breasts and estrogen. Of course, exceptions are permissible, however, the exemption among the majority can't be taken as normal, E.g. Lesbianism and Tomboyism vs. 'Straight' Girl.

Sometimes, the attempt to sound too woke take them outta space, an escape from their [own] reality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by crackland: 4:08pm On May 14, 2020
ThothHermes:
Baffling.

grin

Flabbergasting.

grin
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by emmaodet: 4:10pm On May 14, 2020
Arthur2021:
this ladies never seem to amaze me. It is obvious bukatyne is one who loves the traditional way of marriage,her post is for those that adhere to it. Not for everyone.

All humans will have their own paths,they are people who the modern way works for others it doesn't work for them...look at how they are crucifying her for her "own truth". When these dolts open threads and have males storm the thread they cry foul but now they have started talking about freedom of expression as an excuse for their caustic bashings on her.

When you don't agree with them as a woman you are a pick mesha.
What shocks me is that monikers I never believed would stoop so low to throw shades and mock her like ariza,biglittlelois,et al

These same women will cry foul when men troll their threads and insult them.

The hallmark of enlightenment is recognising that humans have their individual paths which should be respected.

Some accusing her of enforcing her rules on them ,if she opened a thread talking of how ladies should milk rich men,they will say she in imposing her choices of them

Modernity has no place for traditional women. They insult them and call them pickmesha. The modern and traditional women can live in harmony,one who stays at home and cook and one who has a thriving career are both good women,none is lesser than the other

Hmmmmmmm
Bro, there is fire on the mountain oooo

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by emmaodet: 4:12pm On May 14, 2020
Acidosis:

Bro, so long as the way you think, your belief systems, and values are useful to you and yours, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I try to constantly evaluate my beliefs by asking whether my belief system is useful to me and those I truly care about.

As per the differing views I read online, I don’t think here nor there about them an alternate version of belief systems for me. They’re plainly just useless. All cons and no pros.

While environment has a role to play in shaping these views, I've come to realize the authors of some of these views actually need clinical evaluation. Or how do we help, for example, a group of women demanding that men should (equally) share caregiving and babysitting roles in the name of human rights?

Even animals like monkey and chimpazee know better. When you refer them to the biological categorization of male and female and why female seems to have a "divinely-planted" skill for caregiving and child nurturing, they condemn you for bringing God and religion into the mix like say na my papa invent breasts and estrogen.

Sometimes, the attempt to sound too woke take them outta space, an escape from their [own] reality.

Hmmmm
You are right just that the modern women are kind of becoming Rebellious for no tangible reason.

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by crackland: 4:22pm On May 14, 2020
Gaggi:
I can't seem to find these women that are independent, intelligent, not interested in marriage and have a successful career in real life.They all seem to be on nairaland and Twitter only.
Even the ones at work who are hitting late 30s and early 40s always seem to want a serious man who is ready to settle.

I'd really love to meet some of you and be friends. I'm married to a woman who wants to be married and all my female relatives want to be married. It'll be nice to meet this care free, successful women who are different and be friends with them.
There's a big difference between a woman who has been proposed to with a ring by a serious (well-to-do) man at least 3times and she always says NO, and that woman/women who has NEVER been proposed to by a serious (well-to-do) man with a ring...not even once.

The first category can boldly state that she will never get married, while the second category has just never even had the opportunity and is probably still hoping for it.

And guess what, almost all of them on here fall in the second category.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 14, 2020
crackland:

There's a big difference between a woman who has been proposed to with a ring by a serious (well-to-do) man at least 3times and she always says NO, and that woman/women who has NEVER been proposed to by a serious (well-to-do) man with a ring...not even once.

The first category can boldly state that she will never get married, while the second category has just never even had the opportunity and is probably still hoping for it.

And guess what, almost all of them on here fall in the second category.

Na that first category we dey find. I will forever respect such a lady. I like people who know what they want out of life.

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Acidosis(m): 5:20pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

Hmmmm
You are right just that the modern women are kind of becoming Rebellious for no tangible reason.

Lol the rebellion ends the moment the unmarried ones find Mr Right. For those who already are married, there's little we can do o, may be appease them like the gods they've become. Wrong choices, bad spouses, and peer pressure sometimes inform rebellion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by ibkayee(f): 5:31pm On May 14, 2020
So the topic of some women not necessarily wanting to completely prioritize marriage over building a career, and women not wanting to be defined by marriage because some may not be interested or ever get married has turned to women don't want to get married? Spin of a narrative if I ever did see one cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by crackland: 6:07pm On May 14, 2020
Gaggi:

Na that first category we dey find. I will forever respect such a lady. I like people who know what they want out of life.
Indeed...
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by eyinjuege: 8:03pm On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

The way people think, talk, comment and type nowadays is really a thing of concern.
Always shouting rule of law, let people live their life the way they want it if they are not harming anybody (and who told them they are not harming anybody), my body my life etc
At this rate, i fear for the future.

Your future is secured in God or Whoever or Whatever you believe in.
Don't worry about the future of others, as they can also decide how they want to secure their own future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by armyofone(m): 8:16pm On May 14, 2020
So long a thread, let me start from page one.

4 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by emmaodet: 8:25pm On May 14, 2020
eyinjuege:

Your future is secured in God or Whoever or Whatever you believe in.
Don't worry about the future of others, as they can also decide how they want to secure their own future.

Of course
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Mariangeles(f): 11:05pm On May 14, 2020
ibkayee:
So the topic of some women not necessarily wanting to completely prioritize marriage over building a career, and women not wanting to be defined by marriage because some may not be interested or ever get married has turned to women don't want to get married? Spin of a narrative if I ever did see one cheesy

Elizabeth Bennet, You and your British English
grin
I can almost hear it...music to my ears cheesy
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by ibkayee(f): 11:07pm On May 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Elizabeth Bennet, You and your British English
grin
I can almost hear it...
I was wondering what you meant then I realized how British 'if I ever did see one' sounded grin
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 14, 2020
Mynd44:

You don't have a problem with it. The OP wrote it to mean any woman that doesnt marry or shoes her work over family is frustrated or sad. That doesnt always work that way

"incomplete" was the word OP needed, you could av corrected her.
There are easy references, how many of these ladies in the celebrity world that chose career over marriage or family are even successful than the likes of joke silva, ireti doyle & co,i was surprise when i found out a woman like okonjo iweala had time to bear four children, ireti doyle had six children,omotola dropped four yet these women are more successful than there career single women counterpart who av all the time in the world.
A man or woman who chooses career over family will someday retire,then loneliness will set in, loneliness begat sadness just as sadness deteriorate in2 furstration.
A toke makinwa will definitely tell us bin single rocks, buh she wrote a textbook just because a man left.

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Arthur2021: 11:48pm On May 14, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

This is what many people on this thread came to tell her but she kept denying it. I am glad you see it too
when ladies open threads telling other ladies to marry only rich men,do you and mynd44 see it as "infringing on ladies choices?"

You have no case against the Op for sharing her opinions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Mariangeles(f): 11:51pm On May 14, 2020
ibkayee:

I was wondering what you meant then I realized how British 'if I ever did see one' sounded grin

Exactly!
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by ibkayee(f): 11:53pm On May 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

Exactly!
Haha I said it intentionally, that's not how I communicate on a normal day lol unless I'm playing around/being sarcastic cheesy
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Mariangeles(f): 12:20am On May 15, 2020
ibkayee:

Haha I said it intentionally, that's not how I communicate on a normal day lol unless I'm playing around/being sarcastic cheesy

It is cute though...
I could listen to them talk all day cheesy

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Mariangeles(f): 12:21am On May 15, 2020
Toxic thread!

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by ibkayee(f): 12:24am On May 15, 2020
Mariangeles:

It is cute though...
I could listen to them talk all day cheesy
You'll get sick of it after a while grin
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Mariangeles(f): 12:25am On May 15, 2020
ibkayee:

You'll get sick of it after a while grin

I doubt grin
I prefer it to American

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by ibkayee(f): 12:31am On May 15, 2020
Mariangeles:

I doubt grin
I prefer it to American
Lol I prefer it to American too actually, they sound too cheerful for me grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

I Am Looking For My Dad: Emeka Kanezi / My Police Husband Locked Me In Cell For Six Days; Woman / Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.