Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks (111151 Views)

Kano State Government Constructs Fountain On Site Of Demolished Monument. / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza / Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Angrymode: 6:02pm On May 11, 2020
I've heard somewhere that madness comes before fall.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by enemyofprogress: 6:04pm On May 11, 2020
maimalari:
Am sure this man will sue the Govt.
as if there is justice in Nigeria
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by kenex4ever(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2020
maimalari:

What if the hotel never opened for business as alleged?
They didn't open n they beat up the COVID-19 T-Force team n injured them for trying to stop them from operating.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Miracle1991: 6:23pm On May 11, 2020
NGpatriot:

Too many contradictions and poor understanding of the rule of law, societal expectations, and civilized behavior. How do you break the law, display poor judgment, and uncivilized behavior while trying to enforce the law? It makes no sense.

In the same civilized societies, you referenced where they obey the law, they not only obey the law, they also apply the law like civilized people, not like thugs, hooligans and banana republic goons.

In the USA, a lady in Dallas violated their COVID-19 lockdown laws because she opened her beauty salon for business, she was arrested and charged, but her business wasn't touched or destroyed, this is how they enforce the law in civilized societies.

You obviously are either confused, you don't know how truly behave and enforce the laws in civilized societies because, in civilized societies, they expect their people to obey the law, but they also apply their laws based on the rule of law and due process.

You'll never see a governor in the USA or any civilized society arrogate judicial powers to themselves by charging, prosecuting, convicting, rendering judgments and enforcing the judgment by leading a demolition squad to destroy private businesses all in one day and on the spot.

Is this your poor and warped understanding of the rule of law and civilized behavior?

You sound like a terrible and a repressive leader in the making, but I do hope and pray that you are not in any leadership position now or in the future.
so much love this. God bless you for educating him.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Babatunde7109(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

Personal?... let's hear word abeg, you are here screaming about Kano and Lagos escalating figures, but condoning a medium which same virus could be spread.

So, because one could be killed in a car accident, one should desist from using the car? NO!

My friend, nobody is condemning him for penalizing offenders of 'his' lockdown order, but the way he his going about it is uncalled-for. Rather, he could have set up a mobile court wherein the offenders are tried. And if they are found guilty as charged, then the court should sentence them accordingly. However, it is power drunkenness to be the formulator of the law, the plaintiff, the prosecutor and the judge at the same time. It is a typical act of Overlapping of function.

Note: A man should be solely punished for the offence(s) he committed and not his property(ies). But on an account whereby his property(ies) is(are) exhibit(s) in the offence(s) committed, it should be confiscated and if need be, auctioned.

A quick one: aside from the owner of the hotels, do you know how many people his action has rendered economically crippled? How many people he has conveyed from middle-class to lower-class? In carrying out his action, did he consider the economic implication(s)?

As a governor, he needs to think about these things before reacting and acting in the ways he reacted to the demolition of the hotels. It goes a long way to show how responsible he is as a governor.

My friend: peace!
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by flexlatifa: 6:38pm On May 11, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
maimalari:

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-violate-any-law-hotel-owner/
see wetin u dey talk like say u dey beg wike angry
maimalari:

see wetin u dey talk like say u dey beg wike
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by lomprico(m): 6:38pm On May 11, 2020
Miracle1991:
did Lagos State order the destruction of any okada? Or did Lagos State order shoot at sight of any okada that failed to comply? Think, think, think

were the okada released to their owners?
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by dukeprince50: 6:54pm On May 11, 2020
ibiso1986:
Abonnema
wow, I'm from Black-Duke/Bobmanuel comp

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by kayo80(m): 6:58pm On May 11, 2020
clevvermind:
Honestly, Wike messed up.

What is more messed up are the people still backing him for this action.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Karlifate: 7:21pm On May 11, 2020
Why are the supposed thugs & local boys that assaulted the taskforce members (according to Mr Nyesom Wike & his sycophants) not apprehended & dealt with accordingly?
What an insult to the Law profession.

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by typersi: 7:33pm On May 11, 2020
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by tomakint: 7:44pm On May 11, 2020
adadike:
things are hard. Demolition is not the solution

Covid-19 is not smiling my dear and a governor is trying his best for the good of all while I quite agree with you to an extent I must confess that hotelier messed up because an order remains a law that must be obeyed in a situation like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Uckroot: 7:55pm On May 11, 2020
Daverichie008:

He passed his own thoughts about the whole thing. You should have done that also without the abuses. It's a shame you can't engage in meaningful and civil dialogue without madness.

In this time and age, someone is talking of investments and you're talking of Sea Ports. Investment transcends among different areas from Technology to movies to real estate. And Lagos is the top choice for every form of investment.

Lagos is topchoice because of what it already has which I stated CLEARLY before. Everything in Nigeria goes out and comes in majorly through the Lagos sea port. If you think it’s not a factor to have seaports why is Abuja the capital of nigeria not as viable as Lagos since it’s now the seat of power?
You live in an import driven economy and you think mentioning seaport is “backward”? Wow.

There is no section of the economy that thrives on locally made products from top to bottom.
Anybody selling anything that is imported needs Lagos for easY business.
Rent and tax is more in Lagos than any other city in Nigeria so what is this “ease of business you speak of?” The average Lagosian barely has anything left after paying rent but still they choose to be in Lagos...that should tell you something.

if we had two or three other seaports in Nigeria Lagos won’t be as concentrated as it is right now.
It’s lofty to aspire for more but face it! You live in a very analogue country that is just coming to terms with infotech.
Lagos has all the established markets and headquarters of nearly all organizations from the colonial period and before Abuja was made capital.
It has nothing to do with ease of business created by government. It is just strategic to have your business in the most developed part of any country.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by yommygift15: 8:13pm On May 11, 2020
Fibonacci88:
I regret ever supporting this guy on nairaland. Now I know how those who supported Buhari feel right now not those who sold thier conscience for 30k stipend.
Are you still in pain because of ur inability to be part of those that sold their conscience because of 30k stipend? mumustic slowpoke.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by ramseysnow001: 8:30pm On May 11, 2020
maimalari:

Honestly this is so sad, but owner is claiming there isn't proper investigation before demolition.... If so is the case.
Then probably he should sue him to court.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by jamace(m): 8:36pm On May 11, 2020
WIKE'S ACTION, HAND OF GOD.

1. Note that the said hotel belongs to Princewill Osaronwa OSAROEJIJI of Alode in Eleme LGA of Rivers State.

2. The demolished hotel has been a hideout for criminal gangs and venue of cult meetings from where they take off for operations.

3. The hotel houses prostitutes ( Asawo)

4. The hotel was operating with the prostitutes hosting customers even during the lockdown despite State orders.

5. The hotel was not only open to customers both full and short time but was hosting parties amidst this covid-19 pandemic, the owner feeling he is above the law and indeed the Youth Leader of PDP.

6. That words was sent across to the hotel owner to close down or face demolition and he sent words back that he dares the State to try it and see if he will not bring down the State.

7. That Members of covid-19 committee monitoring hotels went to enlighten the owner and his guest that what they were doing was against the executive order of the state government and acceptable practices.

8. That he and his boys not only assaulted the Committee Members but pointed guns at them and shot and injured one of the members of the team.

9. That Eleme people who are his people are weighing a little sigh of relief concerning the pulling down of the hotel.

10. That the hotel is not money made from genuine seat as alleged but crime and human blood.

9. Do u know how many lives the boy has wasted in that hotel?

10. That Princewill was the Cause of the crisis in his community Alode in 2017/2018 that led to over 10 deaths including that of Late Isaac obe (Former Eleme Youth President and APC Zonal youth leader) as well as his sister Barrister Mary Obe.

11. That the owner Princewwill is a suspected Gun runner as he has not been convicted.

12. That he was shot on the leg during one of his escapades in the community and thus limps.

13. That he is suspected to be the Blackaxe leader in Alode and that enboldens home to live above the law.

14. That he is an alleged oil thief.

15. God just used Wike to bring some respite to Eleme Community.

16. Ask Eleme people how they feel before you make further comments or condemn the ousting of a criminal.

17. How many hotels are in Rivers State. Several have been sealed and their management arrested and charged to Court for several violations, none was demolished.

18) That the State was not just dealing with a regular hotel but a criminal den. He cup was just full.

19). That Princewill should be arrested to face the music and let Eleme have some respite.

20). We thank God for this intervention through Rivers State cos nobody dare touch Princewill in Eleme.

21). Any doubt as to any issue raised here. Please cross check with the security agencies in Eleme who Princewill Osaronwa OSAROEJIJI is and what he stands for.

Copied and edited
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Cantonese: 8:40pm On May 11, 2020
NGpatriot:

Too many contradictions and poor understanding of the rule of law, societal expectations, and civilized behavior. How do you break the law, display poor judgment, and uncivilized behavior while trying to enforce the law? It makes no sense.

In the same civilized societies, you referenced where they obey the law, they not only obey the law, they also apply the law like civilized people, not like thugs, hooligans and banana republic goons.

In the USA, a lady in Dallas violated their COVID-19 lockdown laws because she opened her beauty salon for business, she was arrested and charged, but her business wasn't touched or destroyed, this is how they enforce the law in civilized societies.

You obviously are either confused, you don't know how truly behave and enforce the laws in civilized societies because, in civilized societies, they expect their people to obey the law, but they also apply their laws based on the rule of law and due process.

You'll never see a governor in the USA or any civilized society arrogate judicial powers to themselves by charging, prosecuting, convicting, rendering judgments and enforcing the judgment by leading a demolition squad to destroy

private businesses all in one day and on the spot.

Is this your poor and warped understanding of the rule of law and civilized behavior?

You sound like a terrible and a repressive leader in the making, but I do hope and pray that you are not in any leadership position now or in the future.

What a shame that you chose to be cheeky.

Unfortunately you are so deeply troubled by the actions of Wike in Rivers state that you have failed to look closely into events in that state. By the way, have you wondered why the people of Rivers state have not trooped into the streets to register their disagreements? Why do you cry more than the bereaved?

Don't pretend to be civilized. I am certain that you jump queues at banks and ATMs. You "press button" certain times to get undue favours. You drive on the wrong side of the roads. Can you swear that you have not given bribes uncountable times? If you have ever been to a civilized society I am certain you conducted yourself there. You, do you conduct yourself properly here?

Civilized societies did not evolve overnight. It took the sound judgements and sacrifices of great leaders and the people to achieve the societies they habit. Today Nigerians in millions have trooped to foreign countries to enjoy the societies built by citizens of those nations.

I asked you if truly you believe that the Nigerian society is a civilized one. You either did not read it or you chose to bypass it. I also asked if it was morally right to break the law deliberately. You failed to respond to my questions but rather chose the easy path of insults. Is that how civilized you are? Can you not express your opinion with decorum knowing that the other person in entitled to his opinion?

Examples abound of leaders of nations who on some occasions applied the same strong arm tactics to get their nations to where they are today.

Maybe you have not heard of Paul Kagame and what he's been doing in Rwanda. Have you heard of Lee Kwon Yu who was called the father of Singapore? We had Buhari as head of state between 1983 & 1985. Where you very young then and not of age? I can tell you confidently that in his 2 years as the head of state sanity restored everywhere in Nigeria until Babangida/Abacha truncated it.

Nigeria needs strong and decisive leaders so the society can get to the level of civilized ones.

Lagos prohibited the use of motorcycles in certain areas. Government enforced and thousands of motorcycles were seized... unlawfully as some said. Many people in Lagos clapped and celebrated. In some south east states, governors supervised personally the pulling down of houses built by kidnappers and ritualists. People clapped and celebrated. Wike's decision to pull down the properties may be too harsh, but the truth as it continues to stand is that obedience is always better than sacrifice.

I never contradicted myself. I have maintained constantly that there are certain Nigerians who need the strong arm. I have maintained that some Nigerians are unusually unruly and must be handled in an unruly way.

For your information, I am a leader. Do you want to see me? I can invite you to meet me one on one.

Do you know that he who points one finger at someone has four of his own fingers pointing back at him? Your single evil wishful finger returns to you four folds.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Fibonacci88: 8:47pm On May 11, 2020
yommygift15:
Are you still in pain because of ur inability to be part of those that sold their conscience because of 30k stipend? mumustic slowpoke.
Mumu. So u think I was referring to n-power beneficiaries. Well I won't blame u if ur empty brain thinks dat way. I hope u have been paid for last month before u open another n-power thread.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Niggmatic: 8:55pm On May 11, 2020
YungJo207:
People that are justifying this what if it was you this happened to?

So Lagos should start killing people be that ooo....now you easterners and Southerners will understand why you rich and mighty always like to invest in Lagos ..

Eko oni baje ooo.

This is a very senseless comment.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Legendguru: 9:02pm On May 11, 2020
He may have compensation plans for him
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by nicenaira(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2020
I believe there is more to this than the proclaimed "lock down violation".

Check my Signature for info that could be of benefits to you...
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Jnana19(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2020
Who Eva said wike is mad is very stupid u all are fools long live my Governor Wike if ur upset go eat stone fools
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by awoluyi(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2020
This is a name called MĘLAYE in my place!
Very loaded in meaning.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by adebayo987: 10:42pm On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:
Well I dont see anything wrong... he clearly made his warning specifically on hotels, you are based in Lagos but opened your hotel to run in PH because you have lab rats to test on..

In event people die from escalated corona virus due to his selfishness, would you be saying this rubbish?...

he is suffering because of disobedience, selfishness and lack of empathy..
Oboy, it could happen to you! Judging from one side of the story is unprofessional. He should have first investigated than rely soley on what his task force member told him.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Scamperlee(m): 11:00pm On May 11, 2020
Awon omo ale jatijati. Why can't he raise his anger on the useless leaders that brought this virus to Nigeria. Pharaoh of out time
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by shophut(m): 11:43pm On May 11, 2020
This is a simple case of a typical Nigerian not obeying clearly spelt out instructions, now looking for who to blame because trouble has arrived. This hotel and presidential hotel that obeyed the lockdown rules, which is bigger? It's high time Nigerians start obeying simple instructions.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by platodeen(m): 12:08am On May 12, 2020
Peterobi90:
Well I dont see anything wrong... he clearly made his warning specifically on hotels, you are based in Lagos but opened your hotel to run in PH because you have lab rats to test on..

In event people die from escalated corona virus due to his selfishness, would you be saying this rubbish?...

he is suffering because of disobedience, selfishness and lack of empathy..

I don't blame u...

How should birds of a feather react...

As a qualified accountant, a period like this requires asset revenue creation and not destruction...

This is a way to say that the assets could have been confiscated and be used as isolation center to punish the offender...

This policy was what was adopted on the contraband rice that were distributed as palliatives...

Even if u are not an economist, if the whole thing turns out to be an unwarranted false accusation, don't u ever think that the cos to replace that asset might just be 10times the amount incurred initially?

Think...
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by ibiso1986: 1:33am On May 12, 2020
dukeprince50:
wow, I'm from Black-Duke/Bobmanuel comp
nice... I'm from Briggs Compound
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by DedeNkem: 5:05am On May 12, 2020
Wike warned them.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by gaskiyamagana: 6:38am On May 12, 2020
clevvermind:
Honestly, Wike messed up.
Sai Baba Wike.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:02am On May 12, 2020
The governor is too wicked. He did the demolition without thinking. I won't be surprised if he builds bigger hotels for the owners after all it's government money.
God knows how many people he must have killed silently out of anger cos one able to to what he did has no value for human lives. He does not forgive and so is evil. He has no respect for God yet cant take a bit of disrespect from his fellow beings.
Little wonder his name is close to "wicked".
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by jsb(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2020
Is this one a hotel? Looks like a hide out kind of ......

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / See The Handshake Of Ike Ekweremadu That Got People Talking Today / Man Wears IGP's Transmission T-shirt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.