Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan (37789 Views)

How I Sold My Brother Out To Be Killed - Lagos Cultist (Photo) / I Sold Human Head For N25,000 - Ritualist Arrested In Oyo State Confesses / Father Of Kidnapped ABU Student: I Sold My Goats, Pigs, Belongings To Pay Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Abagworo(m): 10:08pm On May 12, 2020
The only thing wrong with this is the intermediary not being a registered orphanage or child adoption agent. Nigeria should face the reality that in this world there are people who need children but don't have and others who have but don't need which is the reason we have adoption laws and agents in advanced countries. We need to tackle this without religious beliefs but belief in humanity.
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Jakemedg(m): 10:11pm On May 12, 2020
wifesnatcher what has EBA,egusi,ikpeazu and kerosene got to do with me ?
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by travelland(f): 10:12pm On May 12, 2020
It's her baby let her sell if she wants to.
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Cleo7: 10:12pm On May 12, 2020
Toluobaeko11:
I can't believe some people can still support this devilish act no matter what! Selling your own child because of poverty? "The love of money is the root of all evil" says the Bible!
Poverty can never be an excuse to sell the child from your womb
u are very right...but if u are in her shoes wat would u do?...wen u were born in a rich home how would u know how poverty taste SMH
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by kemii9478: 10:17pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 1579645[/color]
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 12, 2020
helinues:

See justification. You mean you can sell your own baby ( 9 months pregnancy stress ) for N130,000?

What bout women who dumps their babies in bins or give up for adoption?
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by eyinjuege: 10:21pm On May 12, 2020
Dannyfan:
Shameless because I pity a poor girl. What of your uncle Buhari giving first class treatment/protect to BokoMembers? I didn't support the fact that she sold her child but they didn't need to treat her as a criminal.

But selling someone is a criminal offence
Boko Haram members deserve death.
But they have nothing to do with this case at hand
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 12, 2020
Tissaia:
A 20-year-old lady, *Miracle Kalu* who was arrested for selling her one-month-old baby for N130,000,

couple: *Patrick Mbama*, 41,and *Ogechi Chinonso Ekwebele*, 30, were arrested alongside five other passengers.

The choosing people". I guess by Lucifer

As 16-year-old Miriam* stepped out of her tent to fetch water near the Madinatu Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp in Nigeria's northeastern Borno state in January last year, a middle-aged woman she knew as "Aunty Kiki" approached her.

All they could make out for sure, however, was that the two women communicated with each other and the men in Igbo, the language spoken in southeastern Nigeria

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/indepth/features/survivors-nigeria-baby-factories-share-stories-200420091556574.html

This table you dey shake get plenty eggs on top oo. If my blodas pounce on you, I no dey dere o.

grin
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by alaira(m): 10:25pm On May 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Left to me, I don’t see anything bad in what the lady did. Only that she didn’t follow the legitimate process. Come to think of it, is there anything so legitimate with nigerian systems?

Instead of giving birth to the southern almajiri, she opted selling her baby willingly to couple who can take care of it. The only problem is the third parties involved and the authenticity of the buyer.

Imagine them quoting me down there on my opinion. What if she chose having the baby and being unable to cater for the baby, it is these same set of people that will crucify the woman for keeping a baby she can’t cater for.
WHAT IS BAD IS BAD. DON'T SUPPORT EVIL.
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by tete7000(m): 10:30pm On May 12, 2020
In my opinion, they should just legitimize the adoption and let the couple and the mother walk free.
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Amotolongbo(f): 10:33pm On May 12, 2020
alaira:
WHAT IS BAD IS BAD. DON'T SUPPORT EVIL.
OAU?
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:
@ emboldened is the problem with Nigeria

Everyone making excuses for their own crimes.

That's the habit of a region in Nigeria. Instead of admitting the wrong of their tribesmen they'd give excuse to justify the act. Everything is Business as long as it involves money.

Sorry if you are from the region but that is the truth
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by mysteryman2014: 10:36pm On May 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Left to me, I don’t see anything bad in what the lady did. Only that she didn’t follow the legitimate process. Come to think of it, is there anything so legitimate with nigerian systems?

Instead of giving birth to the southern almajiri, she opted selling her baby willingly to couple who can take care of it. The only problem is the third parties involved and the authenticity of the buyer.

Imagine them quoting me down there on my opinion. What if she chose having the baby and being unable to cater for the baby, it is these same set of people that will crucify the woman for keeping a baby she can’t cater for.

I think the adoption process should be made more easier to avoid this kind of problems.

There are lots of babies that are illegally adopted.
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Wiifesnatcher(m): 10:44pm On May 12, 2020
Jakemedg:
calm down i am not the cause of your frustration

look at this dimwit telling me his lineage hallmark

kid, I'm not the type you can use to learn words here. nonsense boy
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by kemii2293: 10:56pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 2014072[/color]
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Justiceleague1: 11:02pm On May 12, 2020
[s]
Wiifesnatcher:

now imagine the lady is Yoruba, your likes would have rain the hell down but since is your tribesmen and women trademark, you're defending the absurdity but in the process, you're fooling yourself
[/s]

Hypocrite, check the 1st page and see your people and their comments and tell the world if they are compliments!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Justiceleague1: 11:05pm On May 12, 2020
[s]
Tissaia:
A 20-year-old lady, *Miracle Kalu* who was arrested for selling her one-month-old baby for N130,000,

couple: *Patrick Mbama*, 41,and *Ogechi Chinonso Ekwebele*, 30, were arrested alongside five other passengers.

The choosing people". I guess by Lucifer

As 16-year-old Miriam* stepped out of her tent to fetch water near the Madinatu Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp in Nigeria's northeastern Borno state in January last year, a middle-aged woman she knew as "Aunty Kiki" approached her.

All they could make out for sure, however, was that the two women communicated with each other and the men in Igbo, the language spoken in southeastern Nigeria

[/s]

At your age

grin

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Carizworld22: 11:06pm On May 12, 2020
DEROX:
cheesy its supposed to read OSU sells her daughter for 130k because of poverty.BTW I heard they are all billionaires over there. After they will still fault the poverty index and say its amala and ewedu propaganda lol
If someone has not told you osu are very rich people they marry their self they are richer than most people that call them osu in I'm state even do the name osu has been forbidden
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by kemii4302: 11:14pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Justiceleague1: 11:19pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
Yeah, blah, blah blah. Congratulations, when Nigeria is divided you will be sent out of that land you bought. Nyamuri.

Nobody is dividing any country,it's one naija for life and nobody dare take the properties of the igbosin Lagos forever..

So,you can wait till eternity grin grin grin
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Isoduwa(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:

You very correct

Some we born and kill the baby
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Eborty(m): 11:27pm On May 12, 2020
gretblue:

She said could not feed her own mouth talkless of feeding the baby. But she still went ahead to make the baby where CD of N100 could have saved the day. Sister, call a spade a spade , there is no single justification for her actions. She's purely a greedy fellow influenced by making quick money from the sale of the baby.
If she has not been caught, definitely she will make another baby ,so she can continue to make quick cash. Simple
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Glorifiednwafor: 11:29pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
South east Region is poverty capital of southern Nigeria.

You can cry on my mention , it won't change anything.

130k shocked I guess the owner have never seen 30k in her life to agree for that ridiculous amount

Just as this has seen One million dollars cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Jakemedg(m): 11:31pm On May 12, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

look at this dimwit telling me his lineage hallmark

kid, I'm not the type you can use to learn words here. nonsense boy
frustrated kid
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by vaca1: 11:32pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:

130k shocked I guess the owner have never seen 30k in her life to agree for that ridiculous amount
We have seen you. Look at what you typed and tell me you're not brainless
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by SILVERLINES: 11:36pm On May 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by kemii631: 11:37pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by CuteYvonne777: 11:48pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:49pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:

Don't just start what u cannot finish sir. If u wan mak we expose ourselves, I'm ready
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by Igboid: 12:00am On May 13, 2020
No big deal. Just simple adoption process which wasn't done legally.

Its funny to see men who had given money to girlfriends and daughters/sisters for abortion, women who had aborted themselves or encouraged their daughters and friends to abort. But are here blaming a young lady who didn't take a life by aborting.

And for the Igbophobic Nigerians who can't help themselves, the shame is on you.
Re: Why I Sold My Baby For N130,000 — Orphan by kemii5313: 12:01am On May 13, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Laments As Hoodlums Destroy His Car, Steal Car Parts (Video) / Lady Who Wrote JAMB Kidnapped In Kano After Her Examination. Photos / Fake Yahoo Boy Terrorizing Benin, Nabbed With The Help Of CCTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.