Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Prayer:God Made It Complicated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer:God Made It Complicated (1192 Views)

Pray Without Ceasing... Continue In Prayer, God Will Answer You / Life Is So Simple But We Make It Complicated / Pope Francis Tells Gay Man 'god Made You Like This And Loves You Like This' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 1:26pm On May 13, 2020
WHAT IS THE REAL MEANING OF PRAYER?

Prayer's are positive affirmations that shape the present and future.Sometimes a prayers might also be a negative affirmation projected to an enemy.

THIS HOW PRAYER WORKS IN REALITY.

The human mind is a very powerful tool that will make or break a man based on what information(Affirmation) you feed the mind with.When you feed your mind with positive affirmations (Prayer),like I will make it,etc,the mind will start working towards the actualization of that mission if you want it deeply(Work hard/pray and pray ake affirmations) and the mission might be fulfilled at the right time.

Prayer is a hundred percent human affair,but the religious houses introduced God into it and it made every thing very complicated.

Why do you think humans have to prayer to very powerful God's and their prayer will not be answered. Why will a powerful God not answer the simple prayers of his child on time, or never.

It's because prayer is a human affair an you have all it takes to answer your own prayers if you work harder on you affirmations(How many times/how long you pray/Feed your mind with the right affirmations).

That's the reason's pastors insist their members must be patient have faith and continue praying and praying till something happens.(It depends on the time/work you invest in your affirmations)

Why will you pray and pray to a very power God before your simple problems will solved?.It's because when ever you pray you are just communicating with your mind/Programming and reprogramming the mind for action

Imagine your lovely powerful father that has all and all,not been able to feed you,its 100% impossible right.

Let the human race regain it's lost glory.

1 Like

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Numero9: 4:47pm On May 13, 2020
Religion only made things complicated!

Religion is mad made.

And as for one who prays to the God of any religion, you're on a loooonng thing!

Take Syria and Palestine as a case study.

6 Likes

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 6:17pm On May 13, 2020
Numero9:
Religion only made things complicated!

Religion is mad made.

And as for one who prays to the God of any religion, you're on a loooonng thing!

Take Syria and Palestine as a case study.

True
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On May 13, 2020
LikeAking:

Prayer is a hundred percent human affair,but the religious houses introduced God into it and it made every thing very complicated.

Why do you think humans have to prayer to very powerful God's and their prayer will not be answered. Why will a powerful God not answer the simple prayers of his child on time, or never.
It's because prayer is a human affair an you have all it takes to answer your own prayers if you work harder on you affirmations(How many times/how long you pray/Feed your mind with the right affirmations)....
Why will you pray and pray to a very power God before your simple problems will solved?.It's because when ever you pray you are just communicating with your mind/Programming and reprogramming the mind for action
Imagine your lovely powerful father that has all and all,not been able to feed you,its 100% impossible right.
Let the human race regain it's lost glory.

While religion in and of itself is man-made, that does not then mean that the concept of prayer then is man-made.

Prayer is an offering made to God, and in my case, I am certain, without a doubt that God does in fact answer prayers. Why does He it appear that He does not answer all prayers? I am still working towards understanding the reason for that myself.
However, that is not to say that God does not answer prayers or that prayer is meant to help man's mind in some way. That idea is Bullpiss! Prayer is a cry for help,... that is what it is. If we truly had all we needed to answer my own prayer, our own cries for help, then we would have no real reason to cry out for help in the first place, would we? undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Escadiah: 7:18pm On May 13, 2020

Prayers do not work!

From the Escadiaven Decrypt:
Prayers are for helpless beings sacked of all willpower. He who wills must do, and he who does must get a result, bad or good; and in bad outcomes lay the opportunity to improve upon!

1 Like

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 10:37pm On May 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:

While religion in and of itself is man-made, that does not then mean that the concept of prayer then is man-made.

Prayer is an offering made to God, and in my case, I am certain, without a doubt that God does in fact answer prayers. Why does He it appear that He does not answer all prayers? I am still working towards understanding the reason for that myself.
However, that is not to say that God does not answer prayers or that prayer is meant to help man's mind in some way. That idea is Bullpiss! Prayer is a cry for help,... that is what it is. If we truly had all we needed to answer my own prayer, our own cries for help, then we would have no real reason to cry out for help in the first place, would we? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why must some one cry for help bf his God, a powerful super natural being that can solve as problems?.

It's because prayers are just positive affirmations.Humans will get more result in their lives if they stick to positive affirmations an ignore religious prayers.

During prayer you are just having a little meeting with your mind,not God.

3 Likes

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On May 13, 2020
LikeAking:

Why must some one cry for help bf his God, a powerful super natural being that can solve as problems?.
Probably because one has the power of CHOICE. If you do not need his help, why should this God FORCE his help on you just cause he knows you have a need?
LikeAking:

It's because prayers are just positive affirmations.Humans will get more result in their lives if they stick to positive affirmations an ignore religious prayers.
Positive affirmations are simply mental exercises. Those do not amount to much as work needs to be done outside of your mind for those mental afffirmations to amount to much in the end.
LikeAking:

Am I also just having a little meeting in my mind when I am talking to another human being?

1 Like

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 12:14am On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Probably because one has the power of CHOICE. If you do not need his help, why should this God FORCE his help on you just cause he knows you have a need?
Positive affirmations are simply mental exercises. Those do not amount to much as work needs to be done outside of your mind for those mental afffirmations to amount to much in the end.

Am I also just having a little meeting in my mind when I am talking to another human being?

Yes.
The mind is part of the meeting during a discussion with any human,once the mind is absent the discussion you will be out of sync.
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On May 14, 2020
LikeAking:

Yes.
The mind is part of the meeting during a discussion with any human,once the mind is absent the discussion you will be out of sync.

Ofcourse the mind is engaged during discussions with other humans, but the question is, am I also just having a little meeting in my mind when I am talking to another human being?
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by MuttleyLaff: 4:43am On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There is one religion that isn't man-made. Others, of course are, but there is one religion that God doesn't find fault in, that He doesnt ser flaws in

Kobojunkie:
Prayer is an offering made to God, and in my case, I am certain, without a doubt that God does in fact answer prayers. Why does He it appear that He does not answer all prayers? I am still working towards understanding the reason for that myself
Let's use Nairaland as a case study. When you get mistakenly banned from posting, who do you reach out to? Do you go to your local police station about it? Do speak to your browser about it? Do you just randomly click on any green space on Nairaland to have it resolved? Nah, bet you are getting the drift, that you need to follow protocols, you need to abide by the rules laid out that sorts out things like that. You need to appropriately go about getting the matter addressed, otherwise "prayers" won't get answered. The policeman is in no position to help you with your Nairaland banned issue, that's something for the God of Nairaland and it's angels to help out with

Quick fyi, God always answers all prayers. Denial and/or delay are answers.

Kobojunkie:
You have an abysmal view of what prayer is. Prayer, can be devotional, kind of giving thanks to God for His Faithfulness, Lovingkindness, Goodness, Grace etcetera than being a gimme, gimme cries.

Prayer, can be intercessional, where you stand in the gap for someone else or other people. Prayer, is an opportunity to talk with God, a chance to be in His presence etcetera
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
There is one religion that isn't man-made. Others, of course are, but there is one religion that God doesn't find fault in, that He doesnt ser flaws in
And what religion would that be?
MuttleyLaff:

Quick fyi, God always answers all prayers. Denial and/or delay are answers.
I don't believe Denials and/or delays are answers. Not according to Jesus Christ - at least not according to His parable of the sower.
MuttleyLaff:

You have an abysmal view of what prayer is. Prayer, can be devotional, kind of giving thanks to God for His Faithfulness, Lovingkindness, Goodness, Grace etcetera than being a gimme, gimme cries.
Prayer, can be intercessional, where you stand in the gap for someone else or other people. Prayer, is an opportunity to talk with God, a chance to be in His presence etcetera
When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, what was Jesus' response? He gave them Lord's prayer.... not a slew of different types of prayers as you suggest there. Nope! Jesus said, "When you pray, Pray like this....". So for me, prayer is just as simple as Jesus said it ought to be really.
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Escadiah: 5:33am On May 14, 2020
LikeAking:

Spoken like a truly enlightened one. Long you shall live, knowledge you must share!

2 Likes

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by MuttleyLaff: 5:51am On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
And what religion would that be?
You don't know?
Think of an act that is pure true and such you can't fault or find flaws in. What would that be?

Kobojunkie:
I don't believe Denials and/or delays are answers. Not according to Jesus Christ - at least not according to His parable of the sower.
They are answers alright. Try getting your next response post on to Nairaland by shouting out the text, instead of physically typing them out and typed out in the right place, then fill me in, on what response you got. What you think it is going to be, a denial, a delay or request granted?

Kobojunkie:
When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, what was Jesus' response? He gave them Lord's prayer.... not a slew of different types of prayers as you suggest there. Nope! Jesus said, "When you pray, Pray like this....". So for me, prayer is just as simple as Jesus said it ought to be really.
Go back to re-read Matthew 6:9-13, there you'll find that, whatvJesus actually did with them, was teach them a model way of praying.

He introduced them first with a novel idea of addressing God in an endearing manner. This of course would have been alien, strange and shocking for them because the Hebrews/Jews/Israelites never pronounce God's name. They address and write God's name with blanks, placeholder or omitted alphabet because they considered His name to be Holy and they dont want to say it in vain etcetera

Anyway, Jesus then continued with teaching them how to enter His presence, then how to adore and praise God, then how to acknowledge and appreciate God's purpose and/or plan, then how to recognise and admit our dependency on Him, went on to how to seek forgiveness from God and teach how to forgive others, then finally how to recognise God is our Protector.
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 11:07am On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You don't know?
Think of an act that is pure true and such you can't fault or find flaws in. What would that be?

They are answers alright. Try getting your next response post on to Nairaland by shouting out the text, instead of physically typing them out and typed out in the right place, then fill me in, on what response you got. What you think it is going to be, a denial, a delay or request granted?

Go back to re-read Matthew 6:9-13, there you'll find that, whatvJesus actually did with them, was teach them a model way of praying.

He introduced them first with a novel idea of addressing God in an endearing manner. This of course would have been alien, strange and shocking for them because the Hebrews/Jews/Israelites never pronounce God's name. They address and write God's name with blanks, placeholder or omitted alphabet because they considered His name to be Holy and they dont want to say it in vain etcetera

Anyway, Jesus then continued with teaching them how to enter His presence, then how to adore and praise God, then how to acknowledge and appreciate God's purpose and/or plan, then how to recognise and admit our dependency on Him, went on to how to seek forgiveness from God and teach how to forgive others, then finally how to recognise God is our Protector.

Most of the problems we face come from the mind and can only be repaired by the mind been disciplined to work for you not against you.

A student that's supposed to read his books and have good grades,because it's his road to success,will be discouraged by his mind from reading that books and at the end he will fail that exam.Such a senerio will continue in his life if he fail to have a positive meeting with his mind/The right prayer.

But he will end up channelling that problem to a God.

Prayer has nothing to do with any form of worship, have you ever wondered why despite all the worship and etc the prayer still remains unanswered?. Prayer became futile the day religion came into it.

Instead of praying,let's command our mind's to act in our favour with determination, lets also take the control of our lives from our mind that has been programmed to destroy us.

Have you wondered why money doesn't fall from heaven when you ask?.Na so e supposed be na?.That's what I will call an answered prayer,else it's just a good/hard/smart work if it comes through the normal way.

1 Like

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You don't know?
I am still drawing a blank
MuttleyLaff:

Nairaland is not God. You don't compare the created to the creator in even that manner. Matthew 7vs 7-11
MuttleyLaff:

No, he did not teach them a MODEL way of praying.
How did Jesus put it? In matthew 6vs 9 , He said, "Pray then like this....". He never said anything about this being some model or there being some technique to it. He simple response to his disciples, is just that, a simple response.
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by MuttleyLaff: 5:48pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am still drawing a blank
Religion based on love and compassion

Kobojunkie:
Nairaland is not God. You don't compare the created to the creator in even that manner. Matthew 7vs 7-11
Nairaland has a god who determines what goes on and what doesnt on Nairaland

Kobojunkie:
No, he did not teach them a MODEL way of praying.
How did Jesus put it? In matthew 6vs 9 , He said, "Pray then like this....". He never said anything about this being some model or there being some technique to it. He simple response to his disciples, is just that, a simple response.
Google up what "like this" means, lmao
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Religion based on love and compassion

But God never asked you for Religion in the first place. Jesus tells you that you nullify the power of God when you practice these cultures and rules of men.
Love and compassion?
MuttleyLaff:

Nairaland has a god who determines what goes on and what doesnt on Nairaland
Man is a god unto himself as well but that does not make him anything exactly like his creator.
MuttleyLaff:

Google up what "like this" means, lmao
I do know what the words "like this" connote. I also know it also implies "as is"
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by MuttleyLaff: 7:33pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But God never asked you for Religion in the first place. Jesus tells you that you nullify the power of God when you practice these cultures and rules of men.
Love and compassion?
Kobojunkie, anything can be called religion including licking lollipop but there is only one true and pure religion, a religion you cant fault or flaw, lmao

Imagine for a moment. What a better place it'll be, if for all the care in the world, us humans naturally have love, compassion and empathy.
Nirvana, utopia, paradise, Eden revisited all rolled into one. Hmm?

Please look up James 1:27, for the religion that is pure, true and the sort God approves of.

Kobojunkie:
Man is a god unto himself as well but that does not make him anything exactly like his creator.
Who is talking of the Creator aka God?. In your own right, you are a god, but you arent the god of Nairaland nor an archangel of Nairaland aka supermod, talkess ordinary angel of Nairaland aka mods. You run to either of them trio to bail you out concerning issues on Nairaland bothering you.

Kobojunkie:
I do know what the words "like this" connote. I also know it also implies "as is"
Why not just plonk "like this meaning" into the Google search field, for size nah. It surely should come up with results saying it means "used when you are showing someone how to do something" (i.e. something like how to pray, lmao)
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Kobojunkie, anything can be called religion including licking lollipop but there is only one true and pure religion, a religion you cant fault or flaw, lmao
I don't believe just about anything qualifies as religion.
Now, for the sake of this discussion, can we say that religion typically refers to traditions or rules that are adhered to with consistent and conscientious regularity.
MuttleyLaff:

Imagine for a moment. What a better place it'll be, if for all the care in the world, us humans naturally have love, compassion and empathy.
Nirvana, utopia, paradise, Eden revisited all rolled into one. Hmm?

Please look up James 1:27, for the religion that is pure, true and the sort God approves of.
Nah!! Bullpiss!!! Your idea of love and compassion may not agree with the next man and so on and so forth. So I don't want to even begin to tell you how I have learnt that man's idea of love ain't exactly always appealing. But God's love is the only love that can get us that Eden we all desire.
I have seen the man's love in action, and it is as unholy as man remains.
MuttleyLaff:

Who is talking of the Creator aka God?. In your own right, you are a god, but you arent the god of Nairaland nor an archangel of Nairaland aka supermod, talkess ordinary angel of Nairaland aka mods. You run to either of them trio to bail you out concerning issues on Nairaland bothering you.
God is not man that I should have to do that though. What Jesus said about prayer is what I believe. And He was straight forward about what was to be expected in all cases. Anything different from that, I see as a problem that requires resolution
MuttleyLaff:

Why not just plonk "like this meaning" into the Google search field, for size nah. It surely should come up with results saying it means "used when you are showing someone how to do something" (i.e. something like how to pray, lmao)
So, if I say to you, "I want you to stand akimbo like this".... are you saying that I do not expect you to stand akimbo, just as I have shown you to do?
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 8:28pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Now, for the sake of this discussion, can we say that religion typically refers to traditions or rules that are adhered to with consistent and conscientious regularity.

Nah!! Bullpiss!!! Your idea of love and compassion may not agree with the next man and so on and so forth. So I don't want to even begin to tell you how I have learnt that man's idea of love ain't exactly always appealing. But God's love is the only love that can get us that Eden we all desire.

God is not man that I should have to do that though. What Jesus said about prayer is what I believe. And He was straight forward about what was to be expected in all cases. Anything different from that, I see as a problem that requires resolution

So, if I say to you, "I want you to stand akimbo like this".... are you saying that I do not expect you to stand akimbo, just as I have shown you to do?

What religions preached about prayer complicated every thing.

Prayer should never be directed to any God,because that's an impossible route. Prayer should be directed to the reasoning/creative/etc faculties of the human being that's the right way.

1 Like

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by MuttleyLaff: 8:28pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
"What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world. "
- James 1:27

Kobojunkie:
Any love that is pure true and the sort God won't fault is game, whether it comes from me or you. I am sure you've done acts of love from having compassion upon the recipient. No?

Kobojunkie:
With the utmost respect, are you trying to say Jesus said anything about how to wipe your arse clean after doing a business. Pfft. Smh.

Kobojunkie:
If prior, I had asked you to show me how to stand akimbo, then of course, I'll learn from how you are showing me to stand akimbo.

Stop trying messing about, go Google the phrase just as I earlier advised you to.
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On May 14, 2020
LikeAking:

What religions preached about prayer complicated every thing.
Prayer should never be directed to any God,because that's an impossible route. Prayer should be directed to the reasoning/creative/etc faculties of the human being that's the right way.
If the God in question has in fact made the route POSSIBLE, what is your qualms with prayers being directed to that God?
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world. "
- James 1:27

Any love that is pure true and the sort God won't fault is game, whether it comes from me or you. I am sure you've done acts of love from having compassion upon the recipient. No?
The only love that is pure is Love that is of God. No other kind of love will do. Oh, I have done acts of what I call love, and then I have obeyed God and acted in obedience to him who is Love. I can tell you that my kind of love does not compare to God's kind of love in anyway.
MuttleyLaff:

With the utmost respect, are you trying to say Jesus said anything about how to wipe your arse clean after doing a business. Pfft. Smh.
Funny you should ask that particular question. In fact, I learnt how to properly wipe my arse, after praying to Jesus about it. And I am happy I died to my ego and did that too. grin cheesy
MuttleyLaff:

If prior, I had asked you to show me how to stand akimbo, then of course, I'll learn from how you are showing me to stand akimbo.
Stop trying messing about, go Google the phrase just as I earlier advised you to.
Again, this is simple! If He says jump this high... don't try to complicate it. Just do what He says to do is all. Try it his way and see what happens
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 8:47pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If the God in question has in fact made the route POSSIBLE, what is your qualms with prayers being directed to that God?

It is impossible to communicate with God through prayers,you can also attest to this fact.

True prayer is 100% human.That's the right way.

The Gods where introduced into prayer to make man a slave to prayer.

It's a human affair.

You pray by motivating your self with positive words and questions.
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On May 14, 2020
LikeAking:

It is impossible to communicate with God through prayers,you can also attest to this fact.
That ain't no fact. I have spoken to God through prayer and He has answered on numerous occassions. I have had situations where even before I open my mouth to speak, He tells me he already had it covered.
I am sorry, I guess you are alone in your thoughts there. undecided undecided undecided undecided
LikeAking:

True prayer is 100% human.That's the right way.
The Gods where introduced into prayer to make man a slave to prayer.
It's a human affair.
You do know that you cannot manufacture your own truth? right? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
There is no truth to anything you have said so far. Not even as far as the place of the mind as far as communication between beings human, is.
LikeAking:

You pray by motivating your self with positive words and questions.
Humans don't need to pray to motivate themselves... If I need extra motivation, I have pills for that. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by MuttleyLaff: 8:59pm On May 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The only love that is pure is Love that is of God. No other kind of love will do. Oh, I have done acts of what I call love, and then I have obeyed God and acted in obedience to him who is Love. I can tell you that my kind of love does not compare to God's kind of love in anyway.
Bible 101, would let you know you that out of the no less than seven expressions of love, it is agape love, of course, all along that's what's being discussed here. Agape love, as in meaning, unconditional love, a love with no strings attached.

God is Love. We are expected to exude this extra-ordinary trait of God. You are expected to exude the God kind of love, not necessarily your kind of love, if you can help it and/or have the grace.

Kobojunkie:
Funny you should ask that particular question. In fact, I learnt how to properly wipe my arse, after praying to Jesus about it. And I am happy I died to my ego and did that too. grin cheesy
I bet you learned how to make sensual and passionate love with your partner from Him telling you too. He even taught or showed you how to pick your nose, I suppose too.

Kobojunkie:
Again, this is simple! If He says jump this high... don't try to complicate it. Just do what He says to do is all. Try it his way and see what happens
Jesus wasn't rolling out a prayer script for the disciples to parrot read out.

If He had said when you want to jump, jump like this and then jumped six feet in the air. He wasn't expecting you to from then on be jumping six feet in the air all time you jump
Amy.

1 Like

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Bible 101, would let you know you that out of the no less than seven expressions of love, it is agape love, of course, all along that's what's being discussed here. Agape love, as in meaning, unconditional love, a love with no strings attached.
LOL... there is only one expression of Love and that is GOD. The Bible tells you that God is Love... that is really all I really care for as far as love is concerned.
MuttleyLaff:

God is Love. We are expected to exude this extra-ordinary trait of God. You are expected to exude the God kind of love, not necessarily your kind of love, if you can help it and/or have the grace.
I bet you learned how to make sensual and passionate love with your partner from Him telling you too. He even taught or showed you how to pick your nose, I suppose too.
How can unholy man as he is, exude Love that is of a Holy God? These are some of the things we ough to concern self with, and not silly things such as "how many different categories can we parse our ideas of love".. LOL
MuttleyLaff:

Jesus wasn't rolling out a prayer script for the disciples to parrot read out.
If He had said when you want to jump, jump like this and then jumped six feet in the air. He wasn't expecting you to from then on be jumping six feet in the air all time you jump
Amy.
Actually, Jesus was telling his disciples exactly that. After all that is what He did all the days he spent with them -- commanding & teaching them and then he said... If you love me, you will Obey me. The same thing God said to the Israelites from the very beginning, something they also found hard to do. Why? Because they had to rationalize it, analyze it, and break it down until it was just as unholy as they were before they could see fit to consider it's application.

1 Like

Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 9:32am On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

That ain't no fact. I have spoken to God through prayer and He has answered on numerous occassions. I have had situations where even before I open my mouth to speak, He tells me he already had it covered.
I am sorry, I guess you are alone in your thoughts there. undecided undecided undecided undecided

You do know that you cannot manufacture your own truth? right? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
There is no truth to anything you have said so far. Not even as far as the place of the mind as far as communication between beings human, is.

Humans don't need to pray to motivate themselves... If I need extra motivation, I have pills for that. grin grin grin grin grin

Why do you think lot's of prayers to God are not answered?, it's because during prayer's humans can't communicate with God.Even our parents, loved ones,bfs and gfs answer our prayers to them quickly, then why is God always delaying his own,etc.

If the God's can't do for humans, that which humans can do for themselves,humans should not also do what the God's can do for themselves. Simple.

If you motivate your mind/thoughts with prayer you will get a better result.

Prayer is supposed to be an avenue for humans to tap into their intelligent/God side,but religion twisted it.(Every human has a God side/is a God)
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by HazardMan(m): 9:35am On May 15, 2020
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On May 15, 2020
LikeAking:

Why do you think lot's of prayers to God are not answered?, it's because during prayer's humans can't communicate with God.Even our parents, loved ones,bfs and gfs answer our prayers to them quickly, then why is God always delaying his own,etc.
I don't know why prayer's don't get answered in the case of others.
I used to have to answer my own prayers--- I had to make things happen of my own will and accord. But when I decided to get serious with God, I got a taste of what I would imagine it feels like to ride the "synchronicity highway". And I got hooked since then. I have a better understanding of what the problem was in my case, and I hope to go from having about 30% answered cases to 100% in good time.
LikeAking:

If the God's can't do for humans, that which humans can do for themselves,humans should not also do what the God's can do for themselves. Simple.
There is no question that He can do for humans, and He does. But are humans willing to do what He requires of them as well?
LikeAking:

If you motivate your mind/thoughts with prayer you will get a better result.
That is a lie. If you motivate your mind and thoughts with your prayers, you will get the same things the world has been getting for thousands of years.
If that is what you want to get, that is good for you.
LikeAking:

Prayer is supposed to be an avenue for humans to tap into their intelligent/God side,but religion twisted it.(Every human has a God side/is a God)
Prayer is supposed to be what the one who is prayed to wants it to be. Not what the one who prays desires for it to be instead. I think in your confusion, you have convinced yourself that you, the one who prays, gets to set the rules on how it ought to work -- the arrogance of man!
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 10:36pm On May 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I don't know why prayer's don't get answered in the case of others.
I used to have to answer my own prayers--- I had to make things happen of my own will and accord. But when I decided to get serious with God, I got a taste of what I would imagine it feels like to ride the "synchronicity highway". And I got hooked since then. I have a better understanding of what the problem was in my case, and I hope to go from having about 30% answered cases to 100% in good time.
There is no question that He can do for humans, and He does. But are humans willing to do what He requires of them as well?

That is a lie. If you motivate your mind and thoughts with your prayers, you will get the same things the world has been getting for thousands of years.
If that is what you want to get, that is good for you.

Prayer is supposed to be what the one who is prayed to wants it to be. Not what the one who prays desires for it to be instead. I think in your confusion, you have convinced yourself that you, the one who prays, gets to set the rules on how it ought to work -- the arrogance of man!

It's normal for human being's to actualize their set goals and ambitions.

If you are now getting 100% of your prayers answered, it mean you have activated your God side.

Secondly you have a great mind/brain that's working for you not the opposite.

You have in tune with your God side so when ever you pray it creates solutions to you problems via various signals and when you act on them, " Its a goal".

Prayer is all a human affair.Great scientists spend years trying and failing before the invented or discovered anything. If the short cut(Parying to God for a solution),was possible, those smart guys would have used it sharply,instead of wasting their time.

It's all a human affair.

"Think and grow rich".Let the title of this great classic shed more light about the whole prayer thing to the human creative/intelligence faculties.(Thinking is one of them)
Re: Prayer:God Made It Complicated by LikeAking: 10:41pm On May 15, 2020
If the God's say they won't do for humans,what humans can do for themselves, then humans will not do for the God's, what the God's can do for themselves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Do Insects And Plants Go When They Die? What happens to them / Adeboye Makes Drivers Happy At Filling Station / Jimmy Odukoya: PFN And CAN Are In Serious Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.