Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) (83948 Views)

HELP!!! My Baby Mama Doesn't Want Me Near My Son / Can You Sleep Using This Snake Bed Sheet Cover? / Nude Woman Curses Her Husband, His Side Chick In Abuja At Midnight-Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by tbaby4u(f): 11:53am On May 14, 2020
Designer123:
My doors are usually shut. Do you think this breed of snake is harmful?

Is there any breed of snake that is not harmful?
Just thank your God u saw it n killed it
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by bigcee(m): 11:54am On May 14, 2020
obentenyson:
the snake is non venomous. That's a typical house snake. I don kill many of them before I later knew it was none venomous. Their teeth is like that of a lizard. They don't have long fangs like their poisonous cousins
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by cmecproblem(m): 11:55am On May 14, 2020
Make rats your sworn enemy and you may not see snakes again. Some people now tolerate rat families in their homes. Bad bad.

3 Likes

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by politeme: 11:57am On May 14, 2020
Designer123:
Early this morning (around 12:02 am), I saw this snake on my lobby close to my toilet. I don't know where it came out from but there is a hole on my toilet where I usually see cockroaches. There is also an ant hole close to the toilet door. I don't know if it came out from any of those holes.

Also, does any one know the characteristics of this snake? Is it poisonous?

Do you think the snake offspring will be in my house?

This is the first time I am seeing snake in my house (the house is 11 years old). What can I use to repel snakes around my house?

Please help, I really need to address this. There is a 3weeks old baby on the other apartment. Thanks.

OP, are you living downstairs?
if yes, ensure all your environs are neatly kept, cover every hole in the house.
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Reference(m): 11:58am On May 14, 2020
Reptiles generally look for warm, cozy places now that the rains are here. The heat coming from the pot must be attractive. You guys take it easy with the grub or go green.
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by MansoryMX(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2020
obentenyson:
the snake is not even a cobra bro. Calm down. Google house snake......

I know house snake bro and people sometimes mistake forest cobra for house snake because of their body similaritiey. Read the first sentence I said again and I quote “That look like a rain forest cobra if am not wrong.”
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by KingAfo(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2020
Designer123:
Yes. Two rats.
As long as there are rats
They will be coming
Stop the rats �, the snakes will stop coming.
Snakes are afraid of humans
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by ladychioma: 12:02pm On May 14, 2020
Designer123:
this is viper snake. One of the most poisonous snakes in the world
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by jnrbayano(m): 12:03pm On May 14, 2020
Donald3d:
Its most likely poisonous because of the color combination and skin texture. A close up picture would help identify it better.
But it looks like a cobra or a mamba.

There is a rule of thumb I always tell people to follow.
If a rat can enter your house, then a snake can enter too.

Block all holes, keep the environment clean, clear all bushes around.
Make sure your fence doesn't have holes, cement the top of the fence if it isn't cemented.
Dispose your waste as frequently as possible. They attract rats and rats attract snakes.
Fumigate often, not just inside, but outside as well.

I heard bitter kola repels them . Not sure if it does.

I read somewhere that garlic helps, lemon grass does too
https://www.pests.org/best-plants-that-naturally-repel-snakes/

Be safe

No mamba specie is black in colour

As for the likelihood of being a cobra, the guy can help describe the snakes defensive behavior that time he tried to kill it

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by frozen70(f): 12:07pm On May 14, 2020
Matrimonous:

Wow, do snakes get up to ceilings!?

Yes naw, haven't you heard of such

Anyway its common with new sites
They can be there for upto 6 months with our you knowing, especially their mother's

They can lay their eggs there and hatch them you will only know when you see their children coming inside the house more than once

Then you should know that their mother is there

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by suco01(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2020
tunderoc:
Rats and rodents burrow or breaks the sewer line, a fully concretized tank may be hard to get in, but then you have to accept not all septic tanks are fully concretized, the waste tank being connected to the septic tank is a giveaway for rodents as it's not concretized for it to serve the purpose of soaking away waste. With this connection a lot of things can freely breed in the 2 tanks.
You points are valid sir, he surely needs to check other options, but going by the fact that he saw the snake close to the toilet give credence to the fact that it may be from the septic tank

You haven't convince me yet on how a snake get into the soak away at first. YES inside of soak away floor is not concretize and there are spaces in the blocks build up ( to soak water away) before the top concrete and all space at the fours wall of the blocks are filled up to the beam. my question is how did snake get into the soak away is my question. does the sand turn to snake cos I am looking a one here on no account can a snake.or rat enter any of the septic tank and soak away.

pipe sewages from chamber to septic tank is up while pipe to soak away is a coach or 2 below I can't see how a snake chase rat from the soak away to the septic tank to chamber to WC.

is the snake is from the toilet He should check his piping and chamber block, widow

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Darlenelove: 12:12pm On May 14, 2020
Keep rats away from your house and you will never see it again. Snake can smell rats presence from far miles away.

The only thing that brought the snake to your house is rats.

If you stay in village, buy cat and both rats and snakes will be devoured.
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Ktiti: 12:13pm On May 14, 2020
Designer123:
Early this morning (around 12:02 am), I saw this snake on my lobby close to my toilet. I don't know where it came out from but there is a hole on my toilet where I usually see cockroaches. There is also an ant hole close to the toilet door. I don't know if it came out from any of those holes.

This is the first time I am seeing snake in my house (the house is 11 years old). What can I use to repel snakes around my house?

Please help, I really need to address this. There is a 3weeks old baby on the other apartment. Thanks.

Please get bitter kola, cut into tiny pieces n sprinkle around the house. They detest the smell
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by praiseneo(m): 12:14pm On May 14, 2020
That's a cobra a forest cobra a bite will kill within 20mins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:14pm On May 14, 2020
E be like say op grand the snakes omo see smashing
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by waldigit: 12:17pm On May 14, 2020
Designer123:
This is great. Thank you very much sir.
I really do not understand that 2 soak away part. There are two apartments in the house. One soak away each and they are far from each other. I have been spraying chemicals. The chemical will kill the cockroaches and worms enmasse, but they will still come back later.
I will still pour more chemicals and cover the holes tomorrow and I will also yield to your other advices.
Can you throw more light on that soak away part and do you think the snake offsprings will be in my house? Thanks.

Let me help your adviser, sanitary disposal sys, ie soak (small size) septic tank( bigger tank) are designed to connect together for proper disposal of your waste. So don't disconnect them because of pest, rather get your bricklayer or( if you can do yourself) to look around for openings into the tank and properly block it. The bigger tank is called septic tank and it has vent opening with 100mm pipe, by ideal design this opening should be covered with vent fittings and mosquito net, get your plumber to do this.
When next you and your friend are building new house use bio digester waste system instead of septic-soak away sys.
Also if you wants real controlled situation in your septic tank, instruct your plumber to use a fitting called 100mm or 4 inches non-return valve at the inlet and outlet pipes of tanks.
Well if need better consultations I won't charge much just 1million +
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Hifeylove: 12:18pm On May 14, 2020
Just install CCTV in your room..

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by jeffchinedu(m): 12:29pm On May 14, 2020
��Black mamba.. a bite from dis reptile is lethal very highly venomous and one of the most deadly snake in the world. Thank God oo
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by suco01(m): 12:31pm On May 14, 2020
Hifeylove:
Just install CCTV in your room..
lol

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by SexytorresE(f): 12:33pm On May 14, 2020
Viciheaka:
this is the most sensible post av seen in nairaland gosh I love you
since the existence of Nairaland? grin grin
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Jeboy(m): 12:34pm On May 14, 2020
Please I want to know if this blocking of holes in the toilet or bathroom applies to storey building. The fear in me now...
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by suco01(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2020
waldigit:

Let me help your adviser, sanitary disposal sys, ie soak (small size) septic tank( bigger tank) are designed to connect together for proper disposal of your waste. So don't disconnect them because of pest, rather get your bricklayer or( if you can do yourself) to look around for openings into the tank and properly block it. The bigger tank is called septic tank and it has vent opening with 100mm pipe, by ideal design this opening should be covered with vent fittings and mosquito net, get your plumber to do this.
When next you and your friend are building new house use bio digester waste system instead of septic-soak away sys.
Also if you wants real controlled situation in your septic tank, instruct your plumber to use a fitting called 100mm or 4 inches non-return valve at the inlet and outlet pipes of tanks.
Well if need better consultations I won't charge much just 1million +

Thank you oo. they already advised him to disconnect it. mo fhor when I saw it. thank you Oga boss, but that 1milla + is too much
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by computercraft23: 12:36pm On May 14, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]Oga you try
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by suco01(m): 12:39pm On May 14, 2020
Jeboy:
Please I want to know if this blocking of holes in the toilet or bathroom applies to storey building. The fear in me now...

which holes
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 14, 2020
tunderoc:
That snake is probably a loner that chased rats into one of the soak away, but you can't totally ignore the fact that there may be more. The chemical will kill anything in the soak away that, but like you said they'll always come back. Best bet is to call a plumber to check if the soak away and waste are connected. You need to disconnect it, if connected. And going by your experience I am 100% sure they're connected. But professionally the two shouldn't be connected, as the waste is nothing but a breeding colony for mosquitoes, roaches and insects. The two should be runned with separate pipes.vThat's the only way to stop this unwanted visitors.
. I don't understand this connection between waste and soak away pls
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by osilamah77(m): 12:40pm On May 14, 2020
Well, to be perfectly honest in my humble opinion without being sentimental, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in distinct perspective and without condemning anyone's view and by trying to make it objectified and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion I honestly believe that I vividly don't have anything to say. Thank u![color=#000099][/color]
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Shamzynioh13(m): 12:45pm On May 14, 2020
[quote author=Designer123 post=89522582]Early this morning (around 12:02 am), I saw this snake on my lobby close to my toilet. I don't know where it came out from but there is a hole on my toilet where I usually see cockroaches. There is also an ant hole close to the toilet door. I don't know if it came out from any of those holes.

very harmful
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Shamzynioh13(m): 12:45pm On May 14, 2020
very harmful
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by chuksville(m): 12:45pm On May 14, 2020
Designer123:
This is a rat snake. It's not harmful to humans. It's one of the species of non venomous snakes in the world. It comes around human settlements to hunt for rats, frogs, toads, lizard etc. But due to the dreadful nature of snakes, almost every one believes that all snakes are harmful(possesses venom) whereas that's not the case. Two types of harmful snakes are: Venomous snakes and Constrictors. The venomous ones uses their venom to kill. Examples of venomous snakes are Cobras, Black Mambas, Vipers etc. While Constrictors uses their bodies to kill their prey by tightly wrapping their bodies around their prey(including humans) until it ceases to breath. Example of Constrictors are Boa-constrictors, Pythons etc.

I wish I could explain more but I'll like to leave it here for now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Jo1nation: 12:50pm On May 14, 2020
frozen70:

Breed or no breed, snakes are very dangerous

Pls get someone to check your ceiling and let the person go with sniper, snakes hates sniper on them, it kills them
Pour fuel around ur house all the snakes there will run for their life.
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 14, 2020
Dimmo:
That snake is very venomous. That snake is cobra
. Young cobra
Re: I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) by paix(m): 12:52pm On May 14, 2020
HarunaWest:
Are your windows and doors always shut. The snake might have entered vie the toilet. Check your manhole of its sealed properly
Via

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Married Men Sleeping With Their Wife's Sister Or Maid: Let's Talk About It. / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.