Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,989 members, 7,866,720 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:20 AM

Do Guys Have The Right - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Guys Have The Right (1832 Views)

Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating / Five Things Guys Have Been Using To Melt Ladies Heart / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Guys Have The Right by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
Does a man have the right to read his woman's diary or journals about her past loves/s3xual experiences?  undecided

pls. no derailing, lol.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by jaybee3(m): 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
Snooping ain't good but couples should normally be free to access each other's private shitzo
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^I hate to say it but I kinda think they do have that right. undecided
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Mygoldie(f): 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nope they don't.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by iice(f): 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2011
Well i don't like people in my biz, but with someone in my life. . .i'm not so particular.
It's not like there's anything there i haven't told him before grin
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by xynerise: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
I am the kind of person that love reading. What she wrote about herself in the past is not a big deal to read. Unless she recorded her numerous abortion she did in the past and didnt tell me initially.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
xynerise:

I am the kind of person that love reading. What she wrote about herself in the past is not a big deal to read. Unless she recorded her numerous abortion she did in the past and didnt tell me initially.  

LMAO. I highly doubt a woman would write about that shocked I just think if a woman is not ashamed of her past or is truly over with the ex's. Of course I wont let him read EVERYTHING LOL, but some sure, if he gets mad @ anything he is an emotional prick angry
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by MrsChima(f): 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2011
My husband is not to ask me what in my journals and I will not ask him what is in his journals. My husband always asking me questions like what are you and this dude talking about?  Why is my phone on silent?  Why do I have too many male friends?  Why must I interact with everyone that approaches me even men?

The list go on and on.  Check this out Mz Dark, we were at the airport picking somebody up that were visiting us.  There were a few guys standing on the side looking confused.  So, I am a friendly person so I asked them how were they doing and were they looking for something.  The guys were like yes and we chatted for about twenty minutes.  

I guess the guy wanted to "hollered" because he asked me were I single and I said no I am here with my husband.  The guy was like oh, how are you Mr. Chima?  Mr. Chima showed his arse!  He was looking as if he wanted to kick the guy's arse.  He shook his hands abruptly and motioned me to come to him.  I rolled my eyes and walked my arse on over there.  (Mr. Chima looked scary and I was nervous) He was "lecturing" me about talking to strangers and that some people are not to be trusted.  I am his wife and it is his duty to protect me.  You know the whole MACHO monologue.  I am like in disbelief that Mr. Chima tripped off me talking to some strange men.  I don't understand men sometimes.  

So basically Mr. Chima think he have every right to go in my shit and READ anything of mine under the claim what is mine is his.  BULLSHIT!  angry
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Mrs.Chima lol, well come on now you talked to those guys for twenty minutes!  grin Naturally he is going to get mad but judging from his reaction I wouldn't let him read my past LOL he might go on a spree!

Well, at the end of the day respect and privacy is a must, if the woman does not want the man to read the diary then he shouldn't but i just think if there is full honesty then its no biggie.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by ALICIA22(f): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
In atmoshere of love and trust and in order not to leave room for suspicion there is no reason why the man shouldnt have assess to the lady's diary of her ex boyfriend. Since both of them werent dating any longer and the lady would have told the man about him the ex one way or the other during their conversation,   But come to think of it why is she still keeping such diary of her ex
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Orton10(m): 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
Well ev'good relationship needs trust.
I personally hate poke nosers. Ev'one should be entittled to his/her own privacy regardless of the fact he/she is married or not.
I wouldn't want a jealous gf on my neck,searching me journals, dairies, pockets, boxers for sperm stains, bags etc.
Jealousy is inevitable good and fine but there should be boundaries.
I don't even know the name my present gf used to save me number. I let her 'do' her and she lets me 'do' me.
So @topic, No guy has vat right.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by MrCork17: 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2011
Well, back home & acccording to Okafors law of movement,1973,

its is the duty of a man to track the punny!! angry

So therefore, the answer is yes!!! Guys DO have the right!! cheers!! wink
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Orton10(m): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2011
Lol.
'Cheers' bro
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Phate07(m): 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2011

Well, yes, I have THE RIGHT! undecided
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by livedit(f): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
undecided  I beg to differ. I'm not the one to keep "secrets" especially if it may cause harm/havoc in our relationship. But why does my "significant other" should have a "right" to read my personal thoughts/past/present experiences"?  It's true, we have established a foundation of trust, love and respect but I really don't think it's absolutely "necessary" for the guy to invade my "personal space."  Just like I feel I don't have to absolutely know "everything" unless he feel it's of importance of value, but c'mon now. What's the real reason why he must read and know everything?  Somethings is better left untold or unsaid.  Far as past "experiences" unless it's affecting the now.  Just like if my "partner" had a journal, of course, the nosey nature in me would want to know what he has written, but I wouldn't get mad and hold it against him if he chose to keep something like that "personal".  I trust him and he trust me.  I believe in giving my partner space/respect and let him have his own "identity" so I would expect the same respect in return.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by LordReed(m): 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
Am I d only one who feels dat all d calls for privacy is only a cover for sinister activities?

C'mon this is some who sees u stark N A K E D on a daily basis yet u want to keep some funny journal dat u'll deny him access to?! To me it's unreasonable. Even if u are keeping state secrets he should at know dats wats there.

For people who want to build trust in their relationships declaring sometins off limits to disclosure is counter intuitive it's like saying lets open d door but lets keep it closed, its just whack!
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Spclst900: 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2011
All man to his tent.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by koolchicco: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
jay bee:

Snooping ain't good but couples should normally be free to access each other's private shitzo

Perhaps you have a point here. undecided
Mygoldie:

Nope they don't.

shocked undecided
xynerise:

Lol. shocked grin
Mrs.Chima:

My husband is not to ask me what in my journals and I will not ask him what is in his journals. My husband always asking me questions like what are you and this dude talking about?  Why is my phone on silent?  Why do I have too many male friends?  Why must I interact with everyone that approaches me even men?

The list go on and on.  Check this out Mz Dark, we were at the airport picking somebody up that were visiting us.  There were a few guys standing on the side looking confused.  So, I am a friendly person so I asked them how were they doing and were they looking for something.  The guys were like yes and we chatted for about twenty minutes.  

I guess the guy wanted to "hollered" because he asked me were I single and I said no I am here with my husband.  The guy was like oh, how are you Mr. Chima?  Mr. Chima showed his arse!  He was looking as if he wanted to kick the guy's arse.  He shook his hands abruptly and motioned me to come to him.  I rolled my eyes and walked my arse on over there.  (Mr. Chima looked scary and I was nervous) He was "lecturing" me about talking to strangers and that some people are not to be trusted.  I am his wife and it is his duty to protect me.  You know the whole MACHO monologue.  I am like in disbelief that Mr. Chima tripped off me talking to some strange men.  I don't understand men sometimes.  

So basically Mr. Chima think he have every right to go in my poo and READ anything of mine under the claim what is mine is his.  BULLSHIT!  angry

Taking into accounts, your pernicious treatments towards your Husband(?) and as exhibited in most of your posts herein thus far, its safe to think that you either married your husband(like u paid his groom price?) or He's just a not-so-smart-person and a DOLL BABY! Congrats Sis! wink undecided
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by MrsChima(f): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2011
koolchicco:

Perhaps you have a point here. undecided
shocked undecided
Lol. shocked grin
Taking into accounts, your pernicious treatments towards your Husband(?) and as exhibited in most of your posts herein thus far, its safe to think that you either married your husband(like u paid his groom price?) or He's just a not-so-smart-person and a DOLL BABY! Congrats Sis! wink undecided

This is coming from an old man who think we still in 1920. Heee yaw grandpa! Whatever you call my husband, multiply that by 1,000 and you described yourself.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by cold(m): 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^My intuition tells me that koolchicco is a lady.My hunch is never too far from the truth.So i blv as sister to another sister,she just told you some hometruths.No offense lipsrsealed
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by koolchicco: 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2011
cold:

^^^My intuition tells me that koolchicco is a lady.My hunch is never too far from the truth.So i blv as sister to another sister,she just told you some hometruths.No offense  lipsrsealed

My kindness knows no bounds, and rightly so. wink cool
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by MrsChima(f): 11:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
cold:

^^^My intuition tells me that koolchicco is a lady.My hunch is never too far from the truth.So i blv as sister to another sister,she just told you some hometruths.No offense lipsrsealed

She is a he. Okay, if you say so. Whatever rocks your boat. My intuition tell me you are a man who stuck in 1920 as well.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by MrsChima(f): 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2011
cold:

By the way, he have proven what I been saying all along about your species.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by cold(m): 11:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

By the way, he have proven what I been saying all along about your species.
Ok i was trying to make a case for you.Looks like you've just ruined everything.Seriously,what's your point
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by MrsChima(f): 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
What was your point?
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Am I d only one who feels dat all d calls for privacy is only a cover for sinister activities?

C'mon this is some who sees u stark N A K E D on a daily basis yet u want to keep some funny journal dat u'll deny him access to?! To me it's unreasonable. Even if u are keeping state secrets he should at know dats wats there.

For people who want to build trust in their relationships declaring sometins off limits to disclosure is counter intuitive it's like saying lets open d door but lets keep it closed, its just whack!

I agree with both you AND livedit, I would be more than willing to let my man know who he is with via journals/diary and by telling him HOWEVER as I stated before I would not let him see/know everything as I do believe ppl are entitled to keep some secrets but not be too secretive to someone they claim to love.  smiley
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by MurphyG1(m): 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
The question is : Why would u write smthn u wldnt want him to see in a diary Or why keep the diary when u dont want him to see em? undecided Common tell me: What are your brains for if they cant keep your secrets? .
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by cold(m): 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2011
Murphy G:

The question is : Why would u write smthn u wldnt want him to see in a diary Or why keep the diary when u dont want him to see em? undecided Common tell me: What are your brains for if they cant keep your secrets? .
You can ask that again and again & again & again.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 15, 2011
Murphy G:

Cold you can agree with Murphy all you want but this doesn't make a lick of sense. If a girl is with a guy and writes about her experiences with him and then he becomes her ex and she moves on, how is she to know about her new man before he comes into her life?

I am not talking about women who are with their partners and write about him while they are together. I am talking about women who when they were younger wrote their thoughts that they wouldnt share with someone else and decided to keep those journals. These women eventually meet someone worth while and I am asking if that man they love has a right to read about their past. I hope you understand that.
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by Mygoldie(f): 12:17am On Jan 15, 2011
who is dissing who?
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by MrsChima(f): 12:18am On Jan 15, 2011
Nobody! (looking innocent)
Re: Do Guys Have The Right by cold(m): 12:20am On Jan 15, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Does a man have the right to read his woman's diary or journals about her[b] past loves/s3xual experiences? [/b] undecided

pls. no derailing, lol.

MzD@rkSkin:

Cold you can agree with Murphy all you want but this doesn't make a lick of sense. If a girl is with a guy and writes about her experiences with him and then he becomes her ex and she moves on, how is she to know about her new man before he comes into her life?

I am not talking about women who are with their partners and write about him while they are together. [b]I am talking about women who when they were younger wrote their thoughts that they wouldnt share with someone else [/b]and decided to keep those journals. These women eventually meet someone worth while and I am asking if that man they love has a right to read about their past. I hope you understand that.

Err arent you contradicting yourself  undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Major Turn Off/Turn On In A Man/woman? / Diary Of A Hopeless Romantic: A Trail Of Broken Hearts / Dear Men-do Not Marry These 10 Types Of Women..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.