Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll (16233 Views)

Poll: Who is your candidate?

Buhari(CPC): 48% (356 votes)
Dele Momodu (NCP): 0% (2 votes)
GEJ(PDP): 25% (191 votes)
Ribadu(ACN): 21% (157 votes)
Utomi(SDMP): 1% (13 votes)
Okotie(FP): 0% (4 votes)
Shekarau(ANPP): 0% (5 votes)
Others: 1% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Official (presidential only) Results So Far Declared By INEC As At March 30 / Official Presidential Election Result For Ondo Has Been Released By INEC / Nairaland Presidential Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by SkyBlue1: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2011
Gbawe:

You see that my stance of not wanting to entertain your arguement , as a typical GEJ fan , is now justified ? You somehow fail to acknowledge what I write below and then you posit that I claim " Ribadu is that great, as opposed to actually creating a more wholesome arguement for your position based on evidence and substance"

When did you intend to address what was written above considering that , even if not exhaustive, it goes towards answering your incessant demand for Ribadu's achievement as EFCC boss? You are showing yourself to be no different to most GEJ fans on Nairaland with how you begin politely only to then descend into character assasination and a belligerent attempt to discredit others . Ignoring certain sections of what folks write is also par for the course - especially if they tackle issues you raise . If you then respond to what I write above one would have to wonder , if you are really sincere, why you ignored it previously considering it is as attempt to directly address issues you raise.

Now , for example , you claim I just want Nigerians to accept Ribadu because of the progressive support he enjoys. That is obvious and deliberate distortion because my point is , and remains that Ribadu is only able to still enjoy the fervent support of the most progressive minded and most objective Nigerians of undoubted integrity because , with a holisitc look at the environment back then, they can see that the the former EFCC Chariman is worth supporting ahead of others. We will all have Juries and judges in our lives at one time or the other. If Ribadu is cleared by a jury of integrity that cannot be motivated by any other consideration other than a hunger to do what is best for Nigeria then the judge (Nigerians) , at the very least, can be happy to consider their submission .

Ignoring the amusingly childish 'fanatic' references in your post, point taken - with regards to the part in bold (unfortunately I don't hold the names you posited as supporters in the high regards and esteem you hold them so it is neither here or there as far as I am concerned). Nevertheless, point taken. Now on a more serious note, what is it you want me to address that I haven't.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Gbawe: 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
Sky Blue:

Ignoring the amusingly childish 'fanatic' references in your post, point taken - with regards to the part in bold (unfortunately I don't hold the names you posited as supporters in the high regards and esteem you hold them so it is neither here or there as far as I am concerned). Nevertheless, point taken. Now on a more serious note, what is it you want me to address that I haven't.

This is why I tried to ignore you previously . How you talk  and your support of GEJ , and the perception by many he is a "son" to corruption, means you automatically must discredit Ribadu who , in the minds of Nigerians, is generally seen as able to fight corruption. Ribadu understood his job as EFCC boss . Sadly , the same cannot be said for many Nigerians except technocrats like Falana who understand the workings of the system by virtue of having to operate in it themselves . Many , like yourself , think and deliberately talk as if the fight against corruption begins and ends with a public takedown of as many Governors as possible . you don't understand that the fight against corruption encompasses the public and private sector with an attendant need to check the deleterious flow of funds outside Nigeria through channels and systems many, many politicians and private entities had set up prior to Ribadu taking charge. Even if one one limits the fight against corruption to begin and end with the Governors , Ribadu will still be viewed favourably because he bravely took on the Governor and he would probably have gotten the better of them if change in Governments in Nigeria does not signify a cessation of policies and initiative , however good , by new Governments who come with their own corrupt cronies and kingmakers.

Ribadu , as the pioneer boss of the EFCC , understood his Job , unlike most Nigerians like yourself , and he approached it with previously unseen technocratic zeal and innovation. The fight against corruption needs a multi-faceted and intelligent approach . This is what Ribadu brought that is , till today, unmatched . You can fight Governors all you want but if , with their immunity , the channels remain for them to siphon their funds abroad , thus continuing the impoverishment of  Nigeria, then you are only showboating focusing on their imprisonment alone as an effective corruption buster.

When Ribadu became EFCC boss Nigeria was a pariah nation as far as corruption was concerned. We were viewed as more or less moribund corruption wise. It was Ribadu who began the re-engagement of international agencies , hitherto uninterested in our hypocritical fight against corruption, with a visionary focus on the need to arrest corruption at source by ensuring funds could not be moved out of Nigeria easily as an effective way to fight corruption. He was so successful with this approach of intelligence gathering and sharing with established international agencies that Nigerian looters begun shunning the traditional destinations for laundered funds , like the UK and the USA , in preference of places like South Africa and Ghana !!! If Ribadu had been allowed to continue his job and if Yar adua had more sincerity than OBJ then Nigeria would no doubt have seen a very effective and productive war against corruption because Ribadu approached issues technocratically and methodically. till today Waziri is floundering in comparision to Ribadu. International sponsors of the EFCC , who came on board under Ribadu, have more or less abandoned Waziri and her angency totally. I would have to spend too much time attempting to educate ignorance about the duties, scope of activities, efforts and success of Ribadu at fighting corruption , in its generality, as opposed to how many Nigerians , apparently including yourself, still think fighting corruption is only deemed successful when you bring Governors to book. When that consideration is matched with engaging fans of a President surrounded by the most corrupt in the land it becomes as painful as trying to pull ones tooth out with a plier and without any anaesthetic.

unfortunately I don't hold the names you posited as supporters in the high regards and esteem you hold them so it is neither here or there as far as I am concerned

I don't expect you to since , afterall , you are a supporter of GEJ. To you guys Gani can be worthless today while OBJ is saint above everyone else because of how he is assisting GEJ's ambition. I would suggest you look into the roles some of those I mention have always played in the affairs of Nigeria to include the recent effort to get Jonathan sworn in as acting President while Yar Adua was comatose in Saudi Arabia. Then try to juxtapose that with how the likes of Yuguda , who moved heaven and earth to frustrate GEJ , is now an election campaign manager for GEJ and it becomes obvious that rank insincerity , borne of desperation, is a big problem with GEJ and his fans.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by denko(m): 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2011
I am gona tell all nigerians especially the youth to set aside sentiment and stop allowing religion, region emotion to control their reasoning and vote for the right person. if you judge the present administration for the six month life span you will agree with me that he has done something i mean something that affect every i mean every nigerian positively. i never for the past decade experience the solemnity in the way we are at the moment in our filling stations. and let me also tell every one posting here that we the youth we should stop playing politics with our destiny we should learn from history. no history no future. the so call notherners have rule this country for about 3 decades, let me tell you the highest illiteracy ratio in nigeria is in the north, how about poverty is also in the north. this means all those past leaders they where self centered thank you all and may God bless united nigeria.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by SkyBlue1: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2011
Gbawe:

This is why I tried to ignore you previously . How you talk  and your support of GEJ , and the perception by many he is a "son" to corruption, means you automatically must discredit Ribadu who , in the minds of Nigerians, is generally seen as able to fight corruption. Ribadu understood his job as EFCC boss . Sadly , the same cannot be said for many Nigerians except technocrats like Falana who understand the workings of the system by virtue of having to operate in it themselves . Many , like yourself , think and deliberately talk as if the fight against corruption begins and ends with a public takedown of as many Governors as possible . you don't understand that the fight against corruption encompasses the public and private sector with an attendant need to check the deleterious flow of funds outside Nigeria through channels and systems many, many politicians had set up prior to Ribadu taking charge. Even if one one limits the fight against corruption to begin and end with the Governors , Ribadu will still be viewed favourably because he bravely took on the Governor and he would probably have gotten the better of them if change in Governments in Nigeria does not signify a cessation of policies and initiative , however good , by new Governments who come with their own corrupt cronies and kingmakers.

Ribadu , as the pioneer boss of the EFCC , understood his Job , unlike most Nigerians like yourself , and he approached it with previously unseen technocratic zeal. The fight against corruption needs a multi-faceted and intelligent approach . This is what Ribadu brought that is , till today, unmatched . You can fight Governors all you want but if , with their immunity , the channels remain for them to siphon their funds abroad , thus continuing the impoverishment of  Nigeria, then you are only showboating focusing on their imprisonment alone as an effective corruption buster.

When Ribadu became EFCC boss Nigeria was a pariah nation as far as corruption was concerned. We were viewed as more or less moribund as far as corruption was concerned. It was Ribadu who began the re-engagement of international agencies , hitherto uninterested in our hypocritical fight against corruption, with a visoinary focus on the need to arrest corruption at source by ensuring funds could not be moved out of Nigeria easily as an effective way to fight corruption. He was so successful with this approach of intelligence gathering and sharing with established international agencies that Nigerian looters begun shunning the traditional base for laudered funds , like the UK and the USA , in preference of places like south Africa and Ghana !!! If Ribadu had been allowed to continue his job and if Yar adua had more sincerity than OBJ then Nigeria would no doubt have seen a very effective and productive war against corruption because ribadu approached issues technocratically and methodically. till today Waziri is floundering in comparision to ribadu. International sponsors of the EFCC , who came on board under Ribadu, have more or less abandoned Ribadu. I would have to spend too much time attempting to educate ignorance about the efforts and success of Ribadu at fighting corruption , in its generality, as opposed to how many Nigerians still think fighting corruption is only deemed successful when you bring Governors to book. When that consideration is matched with engaing fans of a President surrounded by the most corrupt in the land it becomes as painful as trying to pull ones tooth out with a plier and without any anaesthetic.

You think I am an ignorant Jonathan supporter, fair enough. However in all sincerity, with each post you make you come across as quite disnegnuine, and your inability to actually accept that Ribadu's records might not match the hype is amusing. What is even more amusing is the way you speak about EFCC as if it was a long established failing parastatal before Ribadu came along. EFCC pretty much started with Ribadu. The international community understandably approved unanimously of the development because it was the first agency of its kind in Nigeria and the idea of the Nigerian government showing seriousness in fighting corruption had to be encouraged. You translating all of that buzz and excitement to Ribadu (who managed only one success out of how many attempts again?) is laughable. The "specific" questions I raised were not addressed, instead what I was offered was a write up by yours trully which was in all essence an excuse report on why Ribadu didn't seem to do so stellar in his fight against corruption. Of course the fight against corruption must also involve the private sector, does that mean we should close our eyes to governmental corruption (or are you suggesting a less wholesome attempt)? I make no apologies for refusing to accept this one sided picture of Ribadu's tenure in office you would rather I accept blindly (when even you needs to write an excuse report to justify it). I will also probably not bother with you anymore as you seem quite disengenuine (plus you have a knack for avoiding the questions and offering up vague conjectures as responses). Thankfully, our exchanges (including the many holes in your arguments) are there for all to see. Its as if you believe by continuously repeating the same thing over and over again even in the light of factors that show otherwise, it would magically become true. Is it so difficult to say that Ribadu's performance didn't match the hype and noise he made? Is it so hard? Would it take anything away from you to accept this? So it is valid to make excuses for Ribadu but implausible to do the same for Buhari or Jonathan? And you call me a fanatic? Do you even know what a fanatic is? Funny
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Gbawe: 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2011
Sky Blue:

You think I am an ignorant Jonathan supporter, fair enough. However in all sincerity, with each post you make you come across as quite disnegnuine, and your inability to actually accept that Ribadu's records might not match the hype is amusing. What is even more amusing is the way you speak about EFCC as if it was a long established failing parastatal before Ribadu came along. EFCC pretty much started with Ribadu.

The more you talk the more you confuse yourself to end up sounding partisan and insincere in your transparent attempt to deliberately misinterprete what I write . I have not spoken as if the EFCC , per se , existed before Ribadu as a "failing parastatal". Those are your own words and thoughts . Many , since I assume most know their history more than you do , will understand that , before Ribadu, and minus Idiagbon and Buhari's effort, there had only been half-hearted and insincere efforts to tackle corruption with numerous deceptive agencies and schemes. in other words, the EFCC existed under various names and guises, albeit woefully , before Ribadu . Change the name of the Nigerian Police Force to the crime fighting agency of Nigeria and you still dont change the fact that both are meant to fight crime in Nigeria.

The international community , more or less , ignored our efforts till Ribadu came along. He should minimally , because of his effort and 'lead by example' dedication to his duties, be given credit for re-engaging the International agencies to partner Nigeria effectively in the fight against international corruption, money laundering and Financial crime. This , in case you don't get it, is why Ribadu has remained respected and internationally much sought after beyond his EFCC years like Okonjo Iweala et al . Go and research what Ribadu's work did for our TI ratings and how his effort affected our listing , for the better, on most international and respected lists corruption impacts on. Anyway I am done talking to you . have a nice day.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by SkyBlue1: 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2011
Gbawe:

The more you talk the more you confuse yourself to end up sounding partisan and insincere in your transparent attempt to deliberately misinterprete what I write .  I have not spoken as if the EFCC , per se , existed before Ribadu as a "failing parastatal". Those are your own words and thoughts . Many , since I assume most know their history more than you do , will understand that , before Ribadu, and minus Idiagbon and Buhari's effort, there had only been half-hearted and insincere efforts to tackle corruption with numerous deceptive agencies and schemes. in other words, the EFCC existed under various names and guises, albeit woefully , before Ribadu . Change the name of the Nigerian Police Force to the crime fighting agency of Nigeria and you still dont change the fact that both are meant to fight crime in Nigeria. 

The international community , more or less , ignored our efforts till Ribadu came along. He should minimally , because of his effort and 'lead by example' dedication to his duties,  be given credit for re-engaging the International agencies to partner Nigeria effectively in the fight against international corruption, money laundering and Financial crime. This , in case you don't get it, is why Ribadu has remained respected and internationally much sought after beyond his EFCC years like Okonjo Iweala et al . Go and research what Ribadu's work did for our TI ratings and how his effort affected our listing , for the better, on most international and respected lists corruption impacts on. Anyway I am done talking to you . have a nice day.

like - as if. Do you understand what a simile is? EFCC was the first organisation dedicated to fighting corruption, are you that insincere that you have us believe different and equate the birth of EFCC to mere changing names of a previously existing financial crimes agency? So what other government sanctioned agency at a federal level was dedicated to fighting corruption (in other words, what had to change name to become EFCC?) Go ahead, educate us (or do we add it to your list of unanswered questions - I will probably get a self indulgent pontification which does not address the question as a response). The international community (including all these rating agencies you are so quick to throw in) gave Nigeria positive attention because of all the noise Ribadu travelled around the world making. Most who bought into the hype (like myself) were left simply disappointed in the light of a rational retrospective. I am only happy that our exchanges (including the many unanswered or half answered questions) are posted on the forum so your knavery can be seen by all cheesy
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by marvix(m): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2011
Is Jarus following the debate between skyblue and gbawe, before he comes to a conclusion again that Gbawe has good arguing skills.

He has continued to post that i described Ribadu as a despot, when what i said was Ribadu could become a despot if he started politics as a president, take note of the word could, can a man be a despot before he is given an opportunity to lead, it is only when in position of authority and power that we can tell if you are a despot or not.

A lot of very passionate people tend to miss it when they get to office most especially when they dont grow thru the ranks.

Ribadu is a wonderful material for president, but let us all be factual how many Nigerian presidents were as old as Ribadu when they became presidents or head of states, Gowon was 27, Murtala was less than 40, Obasanjo in the 70s was less than 40, Buhari was in his early 40s whenhe became head of state what about Babangida, so having a youthful president today does not mean anything new to Nigerians, Awolowo and co who were trying to organise the country were the older generation at that time but the young officers and their ideals never gave them a chance before coming into the political space thru coups.

Yaradua/Jonathan are trying to clean the mess Obj left us as a nation, Jonathan is moving steadily we can notr allow a one man mafia without no control to throw us into chaos, what if he wins the elections and in his fight against corruption the power brokers in his party decide not to return him, and all the corrupt entities want to floor him in a free and fair election wont he turn into a Gbagbo, those are things we should be more worried about.

Would he rather we burn than he step aside if the bunch of progressives supporting him today back off in 2015 as ultimate president.

I still stand by my position that we dont need an all knowing president that was the bad point of Obasanjo as a president and encouraging Ribadu what we will end up producing is a younger Obasanjo.

If GEJ quits the race today my vote will go to Buhari, if Buhari is out I will prefer an Utomi to Ribadu, so it is not that I am a die hard GEJ fan but I believe that he is the man nearest there that can effect changes that will affect my life, by the way outlawing corruption does not directly reduce the price of beans in the market.

The simple advice all anti Ribadu people are giving is Ribadu should start from somewhere, he should not just jump start at the presidency, why cant he be a senator first or support Buhari and serve as a minister under buhari or support Utomi and ask to be given the mandate to fight corruption, the Presidents job is not fighting corruption alone, so if Ribadu wants to fight corruption let him support someone who can give him a free hand to fight it.

The criteria to be EFCC chairman now is that you must have retired as an AIG of police, which he is now, so why cant he ask Buhari to give him that, from the polls here a Buhari Ribadu combo with an Utomi as vice will send shivers to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

It is the failure of the opposition getting it right that makes me keep my support for GEJ intact and a lot of supporters feel the same way too because a lot in the opposition could be worse than those in govt today. I dont know what is in a mans mind, I dont know what the future holds but I look at the past and take my decision, and I have decided to follow GEJ to 2011, it does not make me a fanatic!!!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jamace(m): 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2011
I hope some persons are not voting many times with their multiple IDs. That amounts to rigging of election and corruption of the highest order. grin grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by ALHAJIali(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2011
we shall see who go win soon
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by doja(m): 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2011
Nigeria I hail thee! Why do we see the truth glaringly but decides to preach falsehood.

How can anyone compare an intelligent Ribadu to a the dunce called Jona?How can anyone compare an incorruptible Ribadu with a Jonathan that has refused to take a stand against corruption and has continue to wine and dine with corrupt politicians?

Ribadu was bribed 15million dollars cash and he returned the money to the government, Jonathan was with Alamesiagha when he was stealing all the millions he can't tell us he was not a part of the looting.

Ribadu is a very competent administrator -- he built EFCC from the scratch to enviable heights, Jonathan cannot be said to posses this kind of administrative competence I can go on and on listing plausible reasons why we should all rally round Ribadu and make this happen we may not have a better chance at changing our dear country.

Let us take this oppurtunity let us take our country from the people that have held us back for so long. Let us forget about immediate gains an look at what this country would look like if we do the right thing.

Imagine what nigeria will look like with a less corrupt Police force, an efiicient civil service(corruption is the reason they are not efficient at the moment ) as for me and my household its Ribadu all the as for you use your consience!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by juicyemmy(m): 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2011
Left to me,i am ready to vote buhari but will IBB live to see him become president?
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by NAJALYN: 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2011
GEJ will definitly sweep the votes at the Presidential Elections. He does not need to rig to win, just like what happened at the PDP Primaries. He is a P.hd holder, the most qualified of the contestants. He is already working on power & he will deliver. With the support of the US, he is working on security. With time foreigners will be interested in investing here in Nigeria. Of all our leaders, GEJ is the only one I can say is not tribalistic, & he is very accommodating. Ibb & Atiku carried out their threat to make the Country ungovernable for him. But with all that, GEJ welcomed them with open arms to join his campaign team. Mark you, GEJ is the younger of the 3, but he exhibited more wisdom & maturity. When the Northerners tried to foment trouble, after the demise of President Yar Adua, GEJ again displayed wisdom & maturity in handling the situation, thereby preventing what could well have developed into very serious crisis between the North & the rest of the Country. Everyone wanted him to be sworn in as President because they had confidence in him. GEJ no doubt made mistakes like any other human being, but he has the interest of Nigerians at heart. He is the only one who can permanently end the kidnappings. if he comes in as President. I believe this will put a permanent end to the incidents of kidnapping in the Niger Delta Region. The people of the region would accept that as good compensation for all they have suffered. So fellow Nairalanders, everyone has free will to vote for the candidate of their choice. But please when you do vote, do not vote for anyone because you see others voting for them. Vote for a candidate that can rule this Country & get it out of her present predicament. For me, my Presidential Candidate is President Goodluck Jonathan. By the grace of God, he will SWEEP THE VOTES CONVINCINLY.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Jarus(m): 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2011
Interesting polls. Ribadu is leading on NL, Buhari is leading on NVS: http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by marvix(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2011
@Najalyn, You have spoken well, what you have said is the truth of the matter, just that folks on NL tink it was their rants on the internet that got GEJ sworn in as president without blood shed. I will join in voting Jonathan for 2011, and he sure would be sweeping the votes, have you noticed how PDP seems to be even more democratic than the opposition parties, the losers in the primaries are accepting their fates and pledging their support, but I cant say that categorically for the ACN.

@Doja I hail you too, you think this is the best chance we have to take the country from those who have plundered this country but I tell you this, No one rushes a hot soup, this is not the best time, the best time is 2015, the blacks in America waited how long to produce a President, all Ribadu needs to do is wait till 2015, he should be in the senate, This was what Obama did, Obama did not contest against an incumbent!!

@Jarus, Interesting thread, if only the elections would be determined by the number of people who have internet access.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Jarus(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2011
Unfortunately(or fortunately), it may not.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by ronkeenuf(f): 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2011
NAJALYN:

GEJ will definitly sweep the votes at the Presidential Elections. He does not need to rig to win, just like what happened at the PDP Primaries. He is a P.hd holder, the most qualified of the contestants. He is already working on power & he will deliver. With the support of the US, he is working on security. With time foreigners will be interested in investing here in Nigeria. Of all our leaders, GEJ is the only one I can say is not tribalistic, & he is very accommodating. Ibb & Atiku carried out their threat to make the Country ungovernable for him. But with all that, GEJ welcomed them with open arms to join his campaign team. Mark you, GEJ is the younger of the 3, but he exhibited more wisdom & maturity. When the Northerners tried to foment trouble, after the demise of President Yar Adua, GEJ again displayed wisdom & maturity in handling the situation, thereby preventing what could well have developed into very serious crisis between the North & the rest of the Country. Everyone wanted him to be sworn in as President because they had confidence in him. [/b]GEJ no doubt made mistakes like any other human being, [b]but he has the interest of Nigerians at heart. He is the only one who can permanently end the kidnappings. if he comes in as President. I believe this will put a permanent end to the incidents of kidnapping in the Niger Delta Region. The people of the region would accept that as good compensation for all they have suffered. So fellow Nairalanders, everyone has free will to vote for the candidate of their choice. But please when you do vote, do not vote for anyone because you see others voting for them. Vote for a candidate that can rule this Country & get it out of her present predicament. For me, my Presidential Candidate is President Goodluck Jonathan. By the grace of God, he will SWEEP THE VOTES CONVINCINLY.

1. what happened in the PDP primaries, may as wel be what we should expect in the general elections cry
2. he is a PhD , yeah just as Maurice Iwu and Jega are professors tongue
3. he is working on power alright, in my area the PHCN had put us on 4day on 1day off shift not because there wasn't enough transformers, but because the feeder can't supply enough electricity for the whole area. we'r suppose to be on for the past 2 days but we only have power for about 4 hours a day
4. I was one of those who wanted GEJ to be sworn in as president but I'll tell u am highly disappointed in his passiveness so far
5. GEJ's welcoming of Atiku and IBB makes me even more disappointed in him, he has been 'sleeping with the dogs' ever since he came into power.
6. he has had the chance to end kidnapping in the Niger Delta since he became president but nothing has come of it
7. if he comes in as president! HE HAS BEEN THE PRESIDENT, HE IS THE PRESIDENT!

I think this is the best chance Nigerians have ever had, we have had GEJ perform, we know what kind of leader he'll be, we should make the right choice
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by NAJALYN: 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2011
@ Jarus - fortunately, this opinion poll may not determine the winner of the Presidential Election. @ronkeenuf - GEJ has spent less than 7 months in office & you expect miracles? Those who spent 8 years in office could not solve the power problem. He needs time to look into power & he is already working on it. For your information Phcn is winding up. All is in a bid to solve the power problem. His bringing in Ibb & Atiku is a master plan. Sometimes you have to draw closer to your enemies to get results. This is politics; no permanent friends no permanent enemies; that is the way to succeed in politics. Please give the man a chance. In any case like I said before, you can make your choice; nobody is impossing GEJ on you or anyone cos its a free world. As for me I will vote for GEJ, & many others intend to do same.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by ronkeenuf(f): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2011
yeah right tongue
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Muza(m): 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
Buhari all the way,and evry honest Nigerian knows that. . .
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by zayhal(f): 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
Buhari is a better choice, IMO. GEJ isn't so intelligent to be Nigerian's president. he should go back to being vice. He fits better there. cool
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Lagosboy: 10:10am On Jan 27, 2011
Buharii was my first choice in 2003 and 2007, he is my first choice today and Ribadu might be my first choice in 2015.

SAI BUHARI
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by NewsMonste(m): 11:05am On Jan 29, 2011
For all those that are against Goodluck Jonathan, as yourself this question:
HAVE YOU EVER SUPPORTED ANY SITTING PRESIDENT?
For all those supporting Goodluck Jonathan, as yourself this question:
HAVE YOU EVER OPPOSED ANYONE, WHOM YOU ARE BENEFITING PERSONALLY FROM?
For all those supporting Muhammadu Buhari, ask yourself this question:
HAVE EVER TASTED THE NATIONAL CAKE BEFORE AND DO YOU WANT TO

TO ALL POSTERS: THESE ARE FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF US
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2011
If Buhari chooses Bakare as his running mate, i will vote for him, lipsrsealed Rumor has it that Buhari is a lazy and laid-back man if this is true, Then i know who will run things when the show begins cool
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by riyenews(m): 4:38am On Jan 31, 2011
Pls let us all know one fact now,that PDP would win this coming presidential election because the party is working towards it,everywhere u go it is only PDP that u find holding meeting and consultation with the pple.what are the other parties doing now,when PDP wins that is when they will start making noise that PDP riged.politics is all about talking to the pple about what U can do to make a different in the life of the pple and not about noise making
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Muza(m): 12:46am On Feb 04, 2011
vote bb for the bloodless revolution,lets do wat the Egyptians are doin on the street by the ballot, thank you.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by anonimi: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!

Btw, I hope everyone who is in Nigeria and posting on this thread has registered so that our househelps, meiguards, drivers etc do not vote in leaders on our BEHALF. And for those not in 9ja I hope they have mobilised their folks and friends back home to register.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by shadowmay(m): 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2011
Asktheweber offers you a medium to create and participate and discuss in polls and surveys online. This season we are seeking your opinion on the current political climate in Nigeria. We hope to be able to generate enough votes on this site to be able crosscheck the and query the final results of the real polls come april 2011.www.asktheweber
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Muza(m): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2011
vote bb for the bloodless revolution,lets do wat the Egyptians are doin on the street by the ballot, thank you.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Muza(m): 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2011
Vote for someone who has no god-father,someone who owes none any favour ,clearly Ribadu and GEJ do no fit this profile
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by ddcmachine: 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
Jarus, what is this thread all about?
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Jarus(m): 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2011
Self-explanatory. Opinion poll.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Genbuhari3: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2011
been long i came to this thread! wow! Buhari has almost caught up with the others! We are now seeing the magic of Bakare on the ticket.

BB Ticket, the best & the bold

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading / We Are Teaching Chibok Girls To Speak Good English – Aisha Alhassan / Agbaje Alleges Manipulation Of Lagos Result, Demands Prosecution Of Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.