Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll (16234 Views)

Poll: Who is your candidate?

Buhari(CPC): 48% (356 votes)
Dele Momodu (NCP): 0% (2 votes)
GEJ(PDP): 25% (191 votes)
Ribadu(ACN): 21% (157 votes)
Utomi(SDMP): 1% (13 votes)
Okotie(FP): 0% (4 votes)
Shekarau(ANPP): 0% (5 votes)
Others: 1% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Official (presidential only) Results So Far Declared By INEC As At March 30 / Official Presidential Election Result For Ondo Has Been Released By INEC / Nairaland Presidential Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Pataki: 9:01am On Feb 18, 2011
Voted!

Buhari/Bakare 2011!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by everesting: 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2011
I vote for Ribadu cos he is the best man for the job.
if will have a leader that can fight/riduce corruption then this nation is on the path if greatness
voting for gej is like contributing to the failure of this nation, he is a PDP and also a man without vision for this country will be disastrous to be voted president.
fellow Nigerians vote for Ribadu! cheesy
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:17pm On Feb 18, 2011
Ribadu, the ACN is a better organised party than the CPC.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by doja(m): 7:42am On Feb 19, 2011
People dont be decieved by the rhetoric of these GEJ supporters.Please lets do the right thing RIbadu is the best choice.

Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by ayo84(m): 7:37am On Feb 20, 2011
doja:

People dont be decieved by the rhetoric of these GEJ supporters.Please lets do the right thing RIbadu is the best choice.
Nice Work Guys

How You Can Donate To The Ribadu Presidential Campaign
Show your Support
The toughest phase of the campaign is now upon us. Please donate to show your support for Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. Thank you.

http://ribadu2011.com/donate/

You can donate via paypal,bank deposit,pay4me
Also you can shop online and buy ribadu merchandise such as tshirts : http://www.cafepress.com/ribadu

OR YOU CAN , DONATE VIA YOUR MOBILE PHONE:

Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by odumchi: 5:06am On Feb 21, 2011
Are my eyes decieving me? shocked Ribadu that fake cow is ahead?? Does this mean that there must be corruption everywhere even online? What a shame.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by friedrice1: 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
how can any reasonable person support Jona? cry
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2011
fried-rice:

do you come with fried chicken and broccoli? grin grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Wadeoye(m): 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2011
All those votes for Ribadu are from Nigerians abroad - US and UK. That is where Ribadu is popular. Of course we all know he can't even win in Adamawa state.

I am sure between today and tomorrow, you will see different figures.

They will be shocked in the SW when ACN sees our votes going to CPC - talk to educated indipendent minded people in South West who want a working system, they will tell you CPC is the way.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by odumchi: 12:54am On Feb 22, 2011
I am not trying to play the ethnicity problem but I'm tired of seeing Northerners fighting for the election wether it be Ribadu Atiku Buhari IBB ect. Northern Nigeria has had it's chance, tjey should remember that they do not own Nigeria. Let us give GEJ a chancE and see what he can do for us. Everyone is saying Igbo 2015, but weren't they the same people that said SS 2011? Now look.

These northern guys shod sit down they do not own Nigeria give everyobeca chance. Look at how much Jonathsn has done for us in his short 2years : better roads, greater security, steadier bit still shaky electricity etc. VOTE for JONATHAN and say GOOD LUCK NIGERIA!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Jarus(m): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^^
It is not about teh North, it is about the tribe of corrupt people that cuts across all ethnic groups. From the same North that produced IBB, Atiku, etc, we have Lamido Sanusi that abhors corruption in its entirety, we have a Nuhu Ribadu that fought corruption tooth and nail. From the South you want us to believe is different here, we have an Obj, an Alamesiya, an Alao Akala. So I don't believe it's about North or South, it's about our best hands irrespective of the region of origin.

I, for one, will not discard someone because he's from the North or gullibly follow someone because he's from the South. Stop the tribal card, examine Goodluck, Buhari and Ribadu, not based on their tribe, but on what they can offer.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Pataki: 11:14am On Feb 22, 2011
odumchi:

I am not trying to play the ethnicity problem but I'm tired of seeing Northerners fighting for the election wether it be Ribadu Atiku Buhari IBB ect. Northern Nigeria has had it's chance, tjey should remember that they do not own Nigeria. Let us give GEJ a chancE and see what he can do for us. Everyone is saying Igbo 2015, but weren't they the same people that said SS 2011? Now look.

These northern guys shod sit down they do not own Nigeria give everyobeca chance. Look at how much Jonathsn has done for us in his short 2years : better roads, greater security, steadier bit still shaky electricity etc. VOTE for JONATHAN and say GOOD LUCK NIGERIA!
You are still playing tribal politics. Very sad to read this kind of nonsense in this day and age.

Where are the better roads? Where is the greater security? - Can you decide as a person today to live in Jos because Jonathan has provided greater security? Greater security and yet we witnessed loss of 20 lives with Jonathan's campaign election in Port-Harcourt. Greater security and yet murders undertaken within PDP 12 years of mal-administration cannot be explained or solved. Where is the electricity - please kindly tell me.

Do we want to talk about lawlessness in Nigeria under Jonathan's administration - look no further than Ogun State House of Assembly, OBJ/Olurin doing their own governorship campaign - OGD/GNI doing their own separately. And a president who goes about genuflecting to the likes of Ciroma, IBB, Dangote, Otedola, and Atikus.

Do we want to talk about a clueless president who talks before he thinks? - look no further than Oct 1 2010, PDP SW rally in Ibadan.

Only in an insane society, do we allow this gross madness of PDP to go on.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by hasyak(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2011
my brothers and sisters on NL, election is coming very soon, it is time to decide our future. are you happy with the waythe country is being managed?

please your votes can make the difference, think of the following questions before you cast your vote, answer this question with open mind and allow your conscience to be your guide.

1. am i happy with the way the country is being managed, whom i do believe will make a change?

2. what does the future holds for me and my family if i vote this person, will it be biz as usual?

3. corruption, whats the candidate plans to fight it?

4. what are my reasons for voting for this candidate, please be very objective remove all sentiment.

5. what are the candidates plan on the following, road, health care, power and education.

6. who are the candidate pallies, because birds of the same feather flock together.

7. do i have confidence that he will keep to his promises, we have been promise heaven before?

after answering the questions please go out and vote for that candidate that you believe will make that positive change and protect your vote by making sure it counts.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by moi2(f): 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2011
My vote - Buhari/Bakare 2011!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by odumchi: 7:09pm On Feb 22, 2011
I am not basing anything on region or ethnicity That was my first sentence. Second of all I am not saying that Ribadu is this ir that ir Buhari is this or that, what i am saying is that Nigeria must be shared among it's citizens and not one group or one region should dominate Nigerian politics. If Nigeria, ever since 1970, has had a leader from every aspect of our nation wether it be Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Bini, Efik, Urhobo ect. And we still had these results, I would say FINE, let there be another Northener or another Southerner or whatever since despite their background they still produce the same results. But that is not the case. From 1970-2011 (41years), Nigeria has always had a leader of Northern extraction with the exception of Obasanjo and etc., while there are 249 other groups that are excluded. At the hands of these Northern Men, we have resulted in the situation that we find ourselves now. If Igbos were leading for those 41 years, I would still be making the same argument  I am now and the same for Yoruba or any other. Didn't IBB OBJ and others promise to tackle the sane problems that Rivafu Atiku and Buhari are now promising? It is this naiveness that puts us in this condition. I promise you if you continue to support the likes of those men, four years from now you will still be complaining of these problems. Let's give GEJ s chance and see what this man can do for us. I am not saying that he is the best, but let us see what he can do for us. My case has been made. wink
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by 9ijaMan: 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2011
Ayamalele Ayamalele Ayamma
Ayamalele Ayamalele Ayamma
Cast your vote
Put your vote for CPC
We go give you HOPE with Buhari
Tell your Papa! Tell your Mama
For good Education and our Economy
E don do am before
E go do am again o!
Vote CPC we go give HOPE with Buhari

Buhari! Buhari! Buhari! Buhari! Buhari! Buhari!

Nigerians let's vote candidates with integrity and excellent track records!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Wadeoye(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
CPC Manifesto: Our COMMITMENT to the nation.

Follow the below link to read/download.

http://buhari4change.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/CPC-OurCommitmentToNigeria.pdf
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by 9ijaMan: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
Even on NL BB has just overtaken GEJ, na wa o!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Jarus(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2011
The speed at which Hurricane Buhari is spreading is something else
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by apoti(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
@ Jarus,

I think you should start this poll again, like you did for Goodluck approval rating.
a lot of things have changed since January 14, when it was first posted.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by 9ijaMan: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
apoti:

@ Jarus,

I think you should start this poll again, like you did for Goodluck approval rating.
a lot of things have changed since January 14, when it was first posted.

My brother no need to restart the post. The momentum is on Buhari's side so do not worry, all other candidates will soon start seeing our brake lights as we get past them. I prefer it this way. At least for now.
However, I should warn that some NL members have multiple usernames, mostly GEJ/PDP supporters and may want to skew the data in their blinded favor.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by patani(m): 8:56am On Feb 24, 2011
Ribadu is the best man for the Job,

I Will like GEJ supporter to tell us what he did with $36BILLION foreign reserve since he came to office. He now has 1BILLION DOLLERS left,

Someone should tell us why he promised that elctricity will be stable by august last year and the light in Lagos has become worse.

Why must a notorious thief like Ibori be brought back to Nigeria and Why must Alamesiah still parade himself around an 'umbiased' umpire of Nigeria

Why must he concentratre all his energy and waste Niegerian resources on campaign rather than continue working like Fashola is presently doing?

BLIND FOLLOWERS OF GEJ, Please list his acheivement.

Even the UN stated that all other AFRICAN nations should employ the same method being used by Nigerian government to fight curoption when Ribadu was the EFCC boss
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by seanet02: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
Under normal circumstances, GEJ will be shoved aside. He is no match for even Becomericnn
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by zeeleso(f): 8:05am On Feb 25, 2011
seanet02:

Under normal circumstances, GEJ will be shoved aside. He is no match for even Becomericnn
grin grin grin grin grin
Stop sobe,  grin grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by akbtunes: 9:36am On Feb 25, 2011
fried-rice:

For emphasis, How can cry
i weep for posterity
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by BravoZulu1: 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2011
Perharps we can use a yard stick for guaging the popularity of the candidates if we look at it this way:

1. If GEJ was not the incumbent, would he have garnered the support he is enjoying now?

2. Would have RIBADU enjoyed the support he is having if he contested on another platform other than ACN? Or without Asiwaju's support would he have clinched the parties ticket?

3. Why is it that Buhari Enjoys tremendous support from great percentage of the masses even though he doesent have power of incumbency and resources as its even reflecting now on the NL polls?

You be the judge
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by 10cirenoh: 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2011
seanet02:

grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lolololololol
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Wadeoye(m): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2011
@Bravo - you just hit the nail on the head.

I have been telling people that today, Buhari is the most popular politician in Nigeria.

A man single handedly starting a leading polical party in the country. Who among the rouges can achieve this? Even if Tinubu leaves ACN to form another party, he can't win Lagos talkless of controlling the whole of South West. Of course Ribadu is a lightweight who can't even win in his local government.

GEJ is an opportunist - all the people supporting him are either sycophants or sick in the head. Not all Nigerians can think independently and many of us don't even think they can life with corruption - the reason you see some people insisting it must be GEJ especially the Igbo leaders. I pity them.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by tlm1: 2:54am On Feb 27, 2011
This is my first appearance on nairaland and i am proud to use it as a medium to appeal to all nigerians that love our motherland to carefully reconsider their decisions on who to vote for. i think it is now so obvious that Buhari/bakare is the only reliable ticket. I pray especially that the indigbo and the rest os the south who have waited for years to see someone from their side emerge as the president, be a bit more patient in order that their long patience can be crowned. if the BB ticket can work then the whole of Nigeria will forever be grateful to the indigbo and the south south who havent let their emotions overtake them in judging at this critical time. everyone needs to see the manifesto of this cpc.

from my own perspective, i think what nigeria needs isnt just power supply or good roads or any of the social amenities a decent society should have but what we need is for true egalitarianism to be establish, which will serve as a pivot for all other socio economic development. and it is clear that only the BB ticket can do this. again let us ask ourselves thia questions 1. will GEJ establish egalitarianism in nigeria in his presnt associaton with OBJ, IBB, AND OTHER CURRUPT PDP MEMBERS? the ans is NO. (2)will ribadu establish an egalitarian society .the ans :not certainly, remember ribadu worked as a witch hunting tool for OBJ against his primary anti curruption duties and he was not even principled enough to resign if he is truely deciplined. (3) will B/B establish egalitarianism, the ans is YES. this 2 men are honest and will not still our 10 kobo. they have been arround for long unbending and focused. please and please and please am begging everybody lets take tribalism out of this , lets take religion out of this, it is the future of Nigeria we are talking here. I leave in UK but if nigeria is good enough, i will be be the first person to return home. God bless Nigeria
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by damas11111(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2011
This hurricane BB2011 is REAL. It's catching up even with Ribadu that was thought to be coasting to victory. I am sure BB ticket will carry the day. I believe so much in "vox populi vox dei". The voice of human is the God's. May this ticket succeed by His Grace and may the two men of honor lead our dear country out of the mess we plunged ourselves.

BUHARI/BAKARE ALL THE WAY
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by deols(f): 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2011
My vote was for Ribadu but it seems am decamping. . .BB all da way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abdullai Abbas, APC Chairman Resigns In Kano / Osinbajo In 51 Days / Nigerian Navy Host Exercise Grand African NEMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.