Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties (96188 Views)

Americans Mock Donald Trump Over His Loss (Video) / Biden Replies Trump: 'You Can't Declare The Winner Of This Election' / IPOB Hails Trump Over Jerusalem Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Jales93(m): 7:25pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
I Just Love and Admire the Guts of President Donald Trump!

Despite the Whole Media Hoax and Hatred, this Man stands Strong..

A whole lot of Crazy things would have happened if Someone like Trump was not president!

GOD ALMIGHTY Specifically fixed him there for Times as these..
Please what are the crazy things that would have happened?
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Theultrablue(m): 7:32pm On May 15, 2020
I can not come and kiii my self for this matter abeg make we no hear world war again i want to see my grand children
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by hermesprogidy(m): 7:38pm On May 15, 2020
Anybody supporting Trump is either an idiot, ignorant, or plain evil.

3 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Chris1987: 7:40pm On May 15, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

US cannot even cut ties with china, US is currently on the losing side if they even try. Is it not thesame US that was Dragging facemask with Spain from China?
Nigerians always spewing rubbish from your moms I am sure you are in one village typing this rubbish with your cheap china phone ...those companies producing the face mask are American companies based in China because of cheap labor American companies were in Taiwan but China made a deal with American companies gave them incentives and they moved to China thereby boosting there economy China cannot survive without Americans ...America is there biggest market ...America has shifted away from manufacturing because of environmental pollution ....mind you I studied in UCLA and we took a course on international politics I wonder why nigerians will be putting mouth in what doesn’t concern then by they suffer everyday in the shithole country by shithole leaders and shit hole followers

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by giles14(m): 7:41pm On May 15, 2020
Esseite:
The world is thinking of cutting ties with them aswell.. everyone is just waiting for who takes the first step..

The chinese Govt would ruin your factories by subsidising cost for their factories to supply you at unimaginable cost till you are addicted to chinese imports and all your forex going to them..

They would bid for contracts in your country, bring in their workers at expatriate pay and repatriate your forex on a build operate and transfer contract..

They are building free trade zones in your country to take full advantage of your populace should incase you revolt in future.. the free trade zone is bound by international laws and without custom duty for imports while they repatriate your forex

They would eventually loan you funds with massive interest tied to massive revenue income generating infrastructures in your country while repatriating your forex..

They block you gaining access to their populace with your tech apps, but sell tiktok to the world without hindrance while they repatriate your forex..

They have indirectly crashed the price of oil and have massive reservoirs while pushing up electric cars and robots to never depend on you..

They build chinese restaurants in your country and segregate you from visiting the restaurants tagging it "chinese only"...

They are the first country in the world in this current age whose "MC-Donald's" ever read "Blacks are not allowed"..

Now the question:
WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM CHINA?
you don finish, he US of A don't give a fuk about u as long u are black.
ask the blacklivematters movement so dey might give you some enlightenment.

China might be the devil for now but the Americans were never the angels u think dey are.

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by valentinegibbs(m): 7:42pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

Dts your Problem bro!

I am not one bit Intrested !
To learn no be for everyone bro
I understand
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nefort: 7:42pm On May 15, 2020
Esseite:

I understand you, but there should be a balance... the US understands this balance, that is why:
They give out loans,
They give out Grant's,
They forgive debts,
They trade crude in large volumes,
They regulate crude to give a beneficial income
They support immigration policies
They give scholarships
They grant PR
They set up companies in host nations. Etc

They do these things because they know there is no way we can balance the trade with them, this is their little way if giving back... but the Chinese never do that, rather they devalue their currency so as not to ever get expensive or make you opt for other countries or even look inward. Otherwise why would a country who solely trades with the world have an almost equivalent currency with South Africa..

They make their country people believe in numbers to earn so as to keep the cheap labour and people coming back, rather than take advantage of currency appreciation
This is exactly what I am talking about. China sees a loophole and exploits it as long as the loophole remains tbere. Many nations will do the same thing for national survival. Even the US does the same thing but America knows how to do it silently without you spotting what is going on behind the scenes.

The problem here is that China is outsmarting many nations who don't have the wits and resources to compete with them. So when these nations are losing against China they begin to hate China for gaining from their inability to compete. This is exactly why the US is complaining about China because they are losing the competition against China.

2 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Righteousness89(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2020
valentinegibbs:

To learn no be for everyone bro
I understand
Ok
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Honor10: 7:47pm On May 15, 2020
Faithful4real:

Haha you are now angry. Maybe you are fuvking Obama wife's pussy that is smelling like fufu water, and you are very happy. Chaii who spoil your life.

Get sense, and fvck off with yr slave mentality
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 15, 2020
Nefort:

This is exactly what I am talking about. China sees a loophole and exploits it as long as the loophole remains tbere. Many nations will do the same thing for national survival. Even the US does the same thing but America knows how to do it silently without you spotting what is going on behind the scenes.

The problem here is that China is outsmarting many nations who don't have the wits and resources to compete with them. So when these nations are losing against China they begin to hate China for gaining from their inability to compete. This is exactly why the US is complaining about China because they are losing the competition against China.

And when you eventually take it all without giving back in anyway, like that of Zimbabwe and its currency, what next?
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nairalandmonika: 7:54pm On May 15, 2020
Chris1987:

Nigerians always spewing rubbish from your moms I am sure you are in one village typing this rubbish with your cheap china phone ...those companies producing the face mask are American companies based in China because of cheap labor American companies were in Taiwan but China made a deal with American companies gave them incentives and they moved to China thereby boosting there economy China cannot survive without Americans ...America is there biggest market ...America has shifted away from manufacturing because of environmental pollution ....mind you I studied in UCLA and we took a course on international politics I wonder why nigerians will be putting mouth in what doesn’t concern then by they suffer everyday in the shithole country by shithole leaders and shit hole followers
Who is this goat, UCLA my foot, if u really know about politics, u should know America cannot cut ties with china.

2 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Chris1987: 7:56pm On May 15, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Who is this goat, UCLA my foot, if u really know about politics, u should know America cannot cut ties with china.
I can’t trade word with you... it’s because of people like you that keeps voting for stupid leaders that keeps f,... you guys analy enjoy your change

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by DexterousOne(m): 7:58pm On May 15, 2020
richard870:
Very silly comment. Kindly look around your house and count the number of made-in-china products you have there....start with your door-lock. I'm pretty sure by then you would know what you have gained from CHINA

You dont know what you are talking about...
Trust me
You dont

The guy you quoted is right
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 15, 2020
giles14:
you don finish, he US of A don't give a fuk about u as long u are black.
[b]ask the blacklivematters movement [/b]so dey might give you some enlightenment.

China might be the devil for now but the Americans were never the angels u think dey are.

Going with the Americans over China does not mean they are Angel's themselves.. but atleast you have a movement and a voice, do you have that in china?

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by frankson1(m): 8:00pm On May 15, 2020
Melezenawii:
Trump can never do that, American Economy will collapse.

"China is the second-largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasurys.As of February 2020, it owned $1.09 trillion in Treasurys, more than 15% of the public debt held by foreign countries. The U.S. debt to China is lower than the record high of $1.7 trillion held in 2011.

China buys U.S. debt to support the value of the dollar. This is because China pegs its currency, the yuan, to the U.S. dollar. It devalues the currency when needed to keep its export prices competitive.

The U.S. depends heavily on China for providing the low-cost goods that enable income-constrained American consumers to make ends meet. The U.S. also depends on China to support its own exports; next to Mexico and Canada, China is America’s third largest and by far its most rapidly growing major export market.

And, of course, the U.S. depends on China to provide funding for its budget deficits. It is the largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasury securities – some $1.3 trillion in direct ownership and at least another $250 billion of quasi-government paper. A lack of Chinese buying could turn the next Treasury auction into a rout.

America depends on China because of a fundamental weakness in the structure of the U.S. economy -- a profound and worrisome lack of domestic saving. In the fourth quarter of 2017, the net domestic saving rate (depreciation-adjusted saving of households, businesses and the government sector, combined) was just 1.3% of national income.

Lacking in savings at home, and wanting to consume and grow, the U.S. must import surplus foreign saving from abroad – and run massive balance-of-payments and trade deficits to import this capital. In 2017, the United States had merchandise trade deficits with 102 nations!"

https://www.industryweek.com/the-economy/article/22025438/us-needs-china-more-than-china-needs-the-us

People who don't know anything about global economy are busy hailing Trump.

Some one up there said that US companies will leave China, as if it is just the Chinese that will suffer. They don't know the number of American companies that wrote to Trump to end the trade war.
They don't also know that America manufacture cheap products in China to sell at higher prices.

Let Trump cut whatever he wants to cut so that other countries can develop... Vietnam comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by DexterousOne(m): 8:03pm On May 15, 2020
Upworkwriter007:

if China stops buying from japan, the Japanese economy will shrink by 30%. .. The best US can do is to negotiate with the Chinese.

What you are saying is NOT ACCURATE

A global assault against china will disrupt and destroy china

Not even the USA can survive a global assail against it

If China continues like this

Their case go be tragedy at the end

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by DexterousOne(m): 8:05pm On May 15, 2020
SIRTee15:

Your statement should be 'what we lost to China'....

Nigerians were making door handles far back, until cheap imports from China flooded everywhere and our factories collapsed....
Industrialisation is the economic engine of any nation....
A country without manufacturing is either dead or dying....

Nigeria should do what's best for it...not what's best for China....
And what's best for Nigeria is to reduce our dependence on China imports n revive local production....
Think nigeria ...not China or america or whatever....
Well said
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by frankson1(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2020
martineverest:
Americans export to China is 60 billion and Chinese export to USA is 300 billion dollars......who will collapse?

mind u, apple, Microsoft,google, Qualcomm,Intel etc are all America's companies with factories in china

The companies you listed being in China is the reason we are paying less for their products.

The point is, US will be hit hard as well.

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by frankson1(m): 8:08pm On May 15, 2020
itu404:
china russia and north korea the world will be a better place without them

Nope. We need them for a balance.

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nefort: 8:11pm On May 15, 2020
Esseite:

And when you eventually take it all without giving back in anyway, like that of Zimbabwe and its currency, what next?
China has been building infrastructures in Zimbabwe. Isn't that giving back? There is no way Zimbabwe will allow China in if they ain't benefitting anything.

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
I Just Love and Admire the Guts of President Donald Trump!

Despite the Whole Media Hoax and Hatred, this Man stands Strong..

A whole lot of Crazy things would have happened if Someone like Trump was not president!

GOD ALMIGHTY Specifically fixed him there for Times as these..
No second term for Trump dude.

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by DexterousOne(m): 8:12pm On May 15, 2020
lagdmark:
Instead of Nigerians to concentrate on how to better their poor economy, they're hear commenting against China. China has lifted more than 400 million of her citizens out of poverty over a period of 30yrs.
They have a very strong economic to sustain their citizens without any dependency.Today Europe and America cannot do without china.
Nigerians since 1960 till today are still waiting for meal vouchers from US and Europe and will forever remain slaves. Make una sidon dey call China, the country has moved on.

China economy is powered by American and European conglomerates, and American and European consumption

Without that
China is nothing

Tho you are right that Africans need to sit up and start acting long term instead of being slaves to shorr term pleasures

China only leverages on low end manufacturing
Nothing more

Unlike Africans tho
They had used the windfall they got to good use

If they were consuming anyhow like dumb africams di
They would have been a shithole even today

China has tried
But they never arrive yet
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by martineverest(m): 8:12pm On May 15, 2020
frankson1:

The companies you listed being in China is the reason we are paying less for their products.

The point is, US will be hit hard as well.
India and Vietnam are better alternatives.. Labour is cheaper in India and Vietnam compared to China.

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by frankson1(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2020
richard870:
Very silly comment. Kindly look around your house and count the number of made-in-china products you have there....start with your door-lock. I'm pretty sure by then you would know what you have gained from CHINA

.... And at cheap rates too. Most of them would have saved for another year or two to be able to purchase the phones they are using now.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Righteousness89(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2020
[s]
bamidelee:

No second term for Trump dude.
[/s]

You Guys have come again! You have not learnt from 2016..

We are all here!

Trump will get a 2nd Term Except His Divine Assignment is finished..

You cannot decide that!
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 15, 2020
Nefort:

China has been building infrastructures in Zimbabwe. Isn't that giving back?

They systematically own the country, it's on a build, operate and transfer contract.. and the longer it takes, the interest keeps climbing aswell..

Zimbabwe is basically agriculture although rich in untapped mineral resources.. but its populace is made up of mostly low end farmers.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Correcto: 8:16pm On May 15, 2020
So you even know what a world war is? Every time una go dey shout world war 3.
TheSourcerer:
WWIII?

Well I'm Nigerian , break ties if you want , we have our own knots to tie and cut here

1 Like

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by frankson1(m): 8:16pm On May 15, 2020
martineverest:
India and Vietnam are better alternatives.. Labour is cheaper in India and Vietnam compared to China.

You are right. Thanks to the trade war. If it happens again more countries will become stronger.

2 Likes

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Correcto: 8:18pm On May 15, 2020
American will lose but China will lose more if US companies leave.
frankson1:

People who don't know anything about global economy are busy hailing Trump.

Some one up there said that US companies will leave China, as if it is just the Chinese that will suffer. They don't know the number of American companies that wrote to Trump to end the trade war.
They don't also know that America manufacture cheap products in China to sell at higher prices.

Let Trump cut whatever he wants to cut so that other countries can develop... Vietnam comes to mind.
Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

You Guys have come again! You have not learnt from 2016..

We are all here!

Trump will get a 2nd Term Except His Divine Assignment is finished..

You cannot decide that!
I forgot you're an slowpoke.
Sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties by Crystalehis(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2020
TheSourcerer:
WWIII?

Well I'm Nigerian , break ties if you want , we have our own knots to tie and cut here
Abeg no WW III oh or else things go spoil o

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) / U.S President Biden Falls Off His Bike While Riding In Delaware (Photos) / Woman Bitten On Bum By 7ft Python As She Sat On Toilet In Thailand (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.