Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player (42331 Views)

"I Want To Be Like Harry Kane And Drogba" - Osimhen / Liverpool Fans Blast Sadio Mane For Posting Shirtless Gym Photos With Hadj Diouf / Kanu Nwankwo, Essien And Drogba Pose Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Patrick33(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2020
Eto is the best by a very wide margin..dunno what diouf should be doing inside this list..maybe put George weah instead.Okocha wasn't after trophies and glory..even he shouldn't be here.

3 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Raxxye(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Realresk(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2020
But only George Weah ever won world best player.. Etoo should calm down abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by OgbanjeProphet: 4:34pm On May 15, 2020
angry
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by DonX001: 4:34pm On May 15, 2020
No contest.
Diouf must have been high on oshogbo weed when he made that claim.
Even Drogba cannot lay claim to that title.
It's between Etoo and George Weah.
But I'll still give it to Etoo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Grandmeister(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2020
It's between etoo and George weah..
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by azukaegopeter(m): 4:35pm On May 15, 2020
I think okocha is the best striker out of Africa even if he was not given due recognition
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Kenneth10110(m): 4:35pm On May 15, 2020
Apart from trophies and achievements Etoo's style of play is unique but I'll prefer Drogba's personality to Diouf.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 15, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Eto'o na GOAT for him lane..

But you see Yakubu Aiyegbemi.. I reserve my comment.

grin grin grin
Yakubu na maluu

5 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by sirjustice1575(m): 4:35pm On May 15, 2020
what about "Kanu Nwankwo" and "Jayjay Okocha"?

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by igolowo1: 4:35pm On May 15, 2020
obembet:
Samuel Eto'o has restated his belief that he is the greatest African footballer of all time, while also taking a jab at fellow former forwards El-Hadji Diouf and Didier Drogba.

Former Liverpool forward Diouf recently claimed he was the greatest striker to ever come out of the continent, while debates over the best African players of all time tend to make mention of former Chelsea and Ivory Coast star Drogba.

The claims of both have been dismissed by ex-Cameroon international Eto'o, who says his burning desire to be the best fired him to a stellar career.

"Even if my brother Diouf the last time, with an extra glass, got a little lost, there is no debate", said Eto'o, in a reference to the Diouf video where the former Senegal international appeared a little drunk.

"None of them [Diouf and Drogba] can come and say that they were at my level or better. And it's not the fact that I say it, it's a fact, it's something that is there. I wanted to be number one and I have been throughout my career."

If based on awards during their careers, there are few players in the world - let alone Africa - who can touch the success enjoyed by Eto'o during his playing days.

He has won African Player of the Year four times, level with Yaya Toure, while Drogba and Diouf earned the award twice.

Eto'o, in a career which took him to Real Madrid, Real Mallorca, Barcelona, Inter, Chelsea, Everton and more, won a remarkable array of trophies including four Champions Leagues, three La Liga titles, two Copa del Rey trophies, a Serie A, a Coppa Italia, and the FIFA Club World Cup.

He also represented Cameroon on 118 occasions, scoring 56 goals and playing at four World Cups. He also won an Olympic gold medal in 2000, and two African Cup of Nations titles.

Diouf meanwhile had an even more nomadic career than Eto'o, his clubs including Sochaux, Stade Rennais, Lens, Liverpool, Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland, Rangers, Doncaster Rovers and Leeds United.

His trophy cabinet however is far barer than that of the Cameroonian, comprising just one English League Cup, as well as a Scottish Premier League title and a Scottish League Cup.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8323457/amp/Samuel-Etoo-dismisses-El-Hadji-Diouf-Didier-Drogba-claims-greatest-African-player-ever.html
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Grandmeister(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2020
Realresk:
Etoo conquered Africa, weah conquered the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by johnmario50(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2020
Let's settle this once, we know Diouf is out of the race for the African best player, so click like for Eto'o share for Drogba cool cool cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Aystarz: 4:36pm On May 15, 2020
AmazingMOG:
For me is Eto then drobga

Diouf isn't even fit to lace Kanu's shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 15, 2020
Diouf shouldn't be in the poll. That froggy player? Never!

If not JJ Okocha's indiscipline, he would have. George Weah is the king, and Eto'o is the prince.

Etoo and Ronaldinho that time, best afro collabo...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Aystarz: 4:36pm On May 15, 2020
AmazingMOG:
For me is Eto then drobga

Diouf isn't even fit to lace Kanu's shoes.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by ariefadenco: 4:37pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
With all Humility and Submission Diouf should Immediately take out himself from the equation..

Surely, he should humbly without hesitayion leave the contest. Even Mikel can comfortably contest with him

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by ariefadenco: 4:37pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
With all Humility and Submission Diouf should Immediately take out himself from the equation..

Surely, he should humbly without hesitation leave the contest. Even Mikel can comfortably contest with him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Erosion2020: 4:37pm On May 15, 2020
Etoo remains the African best. No argument biko

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Quelme: 4:38pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Samuel Eto'o
Roger milla
Didier drogba
Yaya toure
Thomas Nkono

These are the top 5 greatest players AFRICA has produced IMO in ascending order...
The likes of kanu, Abedi, okocha, Salah, Mane, El Hadry, Aboutrika, are all below
And no George Weah?
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 15, 2020
Realresk:
Modric won the ballon d or while iniesta and xavi did not.Does that mean he was better than them?Etoo was a one man wrecking ball.His impact was felt in every club he played.What I didn't just like is he coming out to say he's the best.He should have let others do that for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Gudfada1: 4:39pm On May 15, 2020
Just observing
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Inferno001(m): 4:39pm On May 15, 2020
Eto is miles away from both people he's been compared to.. How on earth do you even call diouf with this lot? I have seen attackers but I have seen few on the level of eto....

3 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by MaverickTony(m): 4:39pm On May 15, 2020
To me Eto fils is the African Goat cool

5 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by apexc4081: 4:39pm On May 15, 2020
[color=#] 541922[/color]
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by somalianprince: 4:40pm On May 15, 2020
Erosion2020:
Etoo remains the African best. No argument biko

Ifeanyi Igwe the cursed ebonyi miscreant from the barren, useless, worthless and hopeless Ebonyi state cheesy

Add your voice

https://www.nairaland.com/5859967/ebonyi-people-treated-2nd-class
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Blacknote: 4:41pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
Humility? Man that's Diouf you're talking about,he's got non of that.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by madridsta007(m): 4:41pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:

Diouf is a noise maker.
He should go and continue fighting with Gerrard and Carragher.
Since Senegal reached the WC quarters we did not hear word again.

He cant compete with even Mikel let alone Kanu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Arewa1408: 4:42pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Samuel Eto'o
Roger milla
Didier drogba
Yaya toure
Thomas Nkono

These are the top 5 greatest players AFRICA has produced IMO in ascending order...
The likes of kanu, Abedi, okocha, Salah, Mane, El Hadry, Aboutrika, are all below

I wish i can withdraw your Nigerian citizenship

4 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Greatomotoy: 4:42pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Samuel Eto'o
Roger milla
Didier drogba
Yaya toure
Thomas Nkono

George Weah is the greatest African Player in History
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by abbey621(m): 4:42pm On May 15, 2020
This is a tough one, in terms of most impactful striker, Drogba wins by a huge margin, the amount of game winning or game tying goals is untouchable, the height, the control, the headers. In terms of achievements, Eto'o by a wide margin, the guy was part of the Cameroonian dynasty team that gave Nigeria nightmares. Ultimately you're judged by your achivements hence Eto'o will be known as the greatest striker from Africa but Drogba is not too far behind!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by nath34(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2020
Eto,
Drogba,
Diouf
That is my rating
Make money online just for viewing advert: https//:rtumoney.xyz/613986354786903/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Star Alex Iwobi Scores First Everton Goal In 4-2 Carabao Cup Win(Photos) / AFCON Prize Money For Winners, Runner-Ups, Others / Argentina Defender, Mascherano Says Super Eagles Are ‘disorganized’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.