Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,960 members, 7,952,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player (42812 Views)

"I Want To Be Like Harry Kane And Drogba" - Osimhen / Liverpool Fans Blast Sadio Mane For Posting Shirtless Gym Photos With Hadj Diouf / Kanu Nwankwo, Essien And Drogba Pose Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by ogechijohn(m): 7:59pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Samuel Eto'o
George Weah
Roger milla
Didier drogba
Yaya toure
Thomas Nkono

These are the top 6 greatest players AFRICA has produced IMO in ascending order...
The likes of kanu, Abedi, okocha, Salah, Mane, El Hadry, Aboutrika, are all below

Thomas N'kono, great goalie
Some said he used Juju sha grin
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by YemyTemmy: 8:00pm On May 15, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Eto'o na GOAT for him lane..

But you see Yakubu Aiyegbeni.. I reserve my comment.

grin grin grin

I hear say yakubu scored more goals than any African players for club, na true?
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Openbusiness: 8:02pm On May 15, 2020
YungLasaint:
grin Eto African G. O. A. T...
The real GOAT of African football, past and present. He is light years ahead of the rest. Etoo is just the best footballer Africa has ever produced. A natural talented striker. He can score goal from any angle, score with both legs, good with the head, ball control perfect, dribble skills superb, and he makes the hardest goals look easy. Had Etoo been a white boy, they would have built his statue in Europe

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by zudozz: 8:02pm On May 15, 2020
Etoo is great but Weah is the Africa's Goat!

Who else believes that Yaya Toure was a better player than Samuel Etoo and Didier Drogba?
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by sLentlover7778(m): 8:09pm On May 15, 2020
If I hear..

Below are overall top goals scorer..

YemyTemmy:

I hear say yakubu scored more goals than any African players for club, na true?

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Mursz: 8:10pm On May 15, 2020
� Didier Drogba la la lala, Didier Drogba la la la la la la, Didier Drogba la la la la ......... x1000 grin
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by lenghtinny(m): 8:11pm On May 15, 2020
NORSYK:
Eto'o might have won more trophies due to he played with a better players but Drogba was a fighter and had never quit attitude
That one Na story for the gods....

Eto’o beats Drogba hands down when it comes to achievements in football
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by YemyTemmy: 8:18pm On May 15, 2020
sLentlover7778:
If I hear..

Not for Nations cup ooo, I mean for club? Yaks averaged 20 goals per season during his playing days

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by pasol4real(m): 8:19pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's difficult oooo..

But in fairness I think Eto should take it!
How is it difficult , are u sure you watch football?
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Righteousness89(m): 8:20pm On May 15, 2020
pasol4real:

How is it difficult , are u sure you watch football?

You that Watch, Give us your Own!
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Tonnyray: 8:24pm On May 15, 2020
No lies here na..
He's the undisputed African GOAT.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Realresk(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2020
Grandmeister:

Etoo conquered Africa, weah conquered the world.
. My brother abeg loud am!!
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Jokerman(m): 8:26pm On May 15, 2020
Openbusiness:

If am a toddler, you must be a sperm cell, to think Weah's era was more loaded than Etoo's era. George Weah was just lucky to win it, coupled with AC Milan influence because they were reigning at the time. Nothing, I repeat, there was nothing out of the ordinary about George Weah as a player, he is just another regular average. He is not on Etoo's level at all. Etoo was an extra ordinary striker. How many goals did Weah score as a striker in his entire club career? What was his scoring average per season? How many goal assists? Mtchwwwww! That you can even compare Weah with Etoo shows it is you that knows nothing about football. Even Thierry Henry, Arsenal's greatest striker in history, didn't win Ballon D'or, is Weah better than him or at his level? The great Raul of Real Madrid, highest champions league goal scorer of all time (until his record was recently broken by Ronaldo and Messi), never won Ballon D'or, is Weah on his level? Guy forget, u no sabi ball reach me.

Let me guess, you are a Barca fan?? grin
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Patrick33(m): 8:28pm On May 15, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

In terms of football skills okocha surpass eto
yea that's true..but finishing and overall a better career Eto is ahead.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Majesty33(m): 8:28pm On May 15, 2020
If I hear say u talk Diouf ABI u dey maaad. I am one of the greatest can of Samuel Eto and I guess they didn't forget, he also won Confederation cup scoring a stunner against a well talented Brazilian team with likes of Ronaldinho, Delima and Kaka so Diouf hide your face.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by boninho: 8:40pm On May 15, 2020
sLentlover7778:
If I hear..

I think you missed the question....he meant highest club goals by an African player

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by sLentlover7778(m): 8:47pm On May 15, 2020
In Nigeria, yes he's the highest goal scorer with 94goals.. follow by Kanu Nwakwo with 54 goals..

But Didier Drogba still remain highest goal scorer in Afric with 104 goals.

grin grin grin

boninho:

I think you missed the question....he meant highest club goals by an African player
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by SamOyovwi: 8:54pm On May 15, 2020
I wonder why these compare Eto to Drogba instead of Kanu. Kanu is more than Drogba in greatness as an African player
Maobichek:
Pls do away with sentiment, Eto won 4 African best, 4 champions league...I'm a Nigerian like you but I must say the truth, Eto is ahead of Okocha.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Siscooh: 8:57pm On May 15, 2020
Eto est le meilleur de l'Afrique. Il nous a rendus fiers encore et encore. grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by OlawaleBammie: 9:00pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's difficult oooo..
But in fairness I think Eto should take it!
Guy notin dificut for inside..
JUST GIVE IT TO SAMUEL ETO'O FILLS
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by dfrost: 9:01pm On May 15, 2020
sLentlover7778:
I tried to forgive and forget. But that shiiiit ain't working..

grin grin grin

No way I'm forgiving that. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by 2tec(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2020
Hello Friends,

Is the pandemic forcing your business to record losses?

Regardless of the industry/ sector that you operate in, we can help you to bounce back in fortunes!

At BaseAfrique, we assist businesses to reach their target market and make their customers handy via our IT Solutions (Applications).

Our technology is not only affordable but also negotiable!

Check my signature, let's get enterprising
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by OlawaleBammie: 9:04pm On May 15, 2020
NORSYK:
Eto'o might have won more trophies due to he played with a better players but Drogba was a fighter and had never quit attitude

Soo drogba played with below par players abi?? Oga abeg shift jare

ETO'O is simply the best
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Rexymania(m): 9:05pm On May 15, 2020
Eto'o is the best of all time in Africa
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by MahatmaGhandi: 9:10pm On May 15, 2020
Non comes close to Eto. If Eto was a Field Marshall, Drogba and other African greats would be newly commissioned officers and nothing more.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Beedude(m): 9:15pm On May 15, 2020
Karleb:
It's so confusing that George Weah has a Ballon D'or and players like Eto, Drogba, kanu don't have one.

Same way it is confusing for MODRIC to win Ballon d'or while players like XAVI, WESLEY SNEIDER, INIESTA, LAMPARD, GERARD, GIGGS, BECKHAM etc had none.
Eto is Africa's greatest player
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Beedude(m): 9:21pm On May 15, 2020
jaxxy:
George weah remains only African player to win world best and that makes him Africa’s best player.

Eto na mumu, he can only wish... notorious and ill mannered player during his days.
Judging by ur comment. Modric is greater than Xavi, Iniesta, Wesley scnieder, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Henry and many other great players who didnt win Ballon d'or?
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Beedude(m): 9:24pm On May 15, 2020
Dagrace01:
Diouf who? Drogba what?
Comparing themselves to Eto'o?
That's ridiculous.
The only trophy Eto'o didn't win in football is world cup.
I can't even compare those two players to Kanu, Yaya Toure, and Okocha.
Does Diouf think it's by fighting on the pitch?
Eto'o deserved even ballon d'or in his time if not for segregation and marginalization of Africans.
Eto'o will go down among the top 10 strikers in football history.
U can only compare Eto'o to the likes of Ronaldo Delima, Thierry Henry, Raul Gonzalez, Alan Shearer and the likes.
It's very ridiculous to compare Eto'o to Drogba, Drogba is in the rank of Rooney, Larson, Crespo, Nzaghi, Vieri etc. While Diouf should be compared to Aiyegbeni, Martins, Villa, Wiltord etc
U are wicked bro. How can u put YAKUBU and DAVID VILLA together? Haba!
Stop overrating Yakubu abeeg
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Seunfretty: 9:25pm On May 15, 2020
Talking about achievement Eto is ahead of them all...but not just because of that ...eto was a much more complete player than them all...he could play diverse roles effectively and possesses some football technically know how you would rarely find in an African footballer...his style of play is almost the mixture of African and European football and that was why great coaches and clubs kept requesting for his services....
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Beedude(m): 9:41pm On May 15, 2020
OJEEMAH:
In terms of achievements, no African player can match Eto's feet but truth is Drogba was a beast. He had more impact in big games than Eto.....To be honest, Eto can't survive the Chelsea team Drogba played for. Eto had opportunities to player with bigger and better players that's just the difference.
TYPICAL CHELSEA FAN. Eto made himself irreplaceable. Even when Barca sold DINHO, DECO and many others players, Eto wasn't disposed. Ibrahimovic couldn't even fill his void. Not until SUAREZ arrival before that position look strong. He left for INTER and was instrumental immediately. No matter how u view it. Drogba is just a low budget ZLATAN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Is The Number - Ronaldo Celebrates Man United Jersey In New Picture / Players With Most Red Cards In PL History: Vieira 2nd With 8, Gerrard In Top 20 / Orangutan Shakes, Hugs And Pecks Marcos Alonso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.