Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player (42373 Views)

"I Want To Be Like Harry Kane And Drogba" - Osimhen / Liverpool Fans Blast Sadio Mane For Posting Shirtless Gym Photos With Hadj Diouf / Kanu Nwankwo, Essien And Drogba Pose Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by winj: 5:15pm On May 15, 2020
I vote for Segun Odegbami and Rashidi Yekini!
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by oneman2k7: 5:16pm On May 15, 2020
Diouf of all people

Diouf should be comparing himself with Aiyegbeni, Agahowa, chukweeze, christantus and co

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Erosion2020: 5:19pm On May 15, 2020
somalianprince:

Ifeanyi Igwe the cursed ebonyi miscreant from the barren, useless, worthless and hopeless Ebonyi state cheesy

Add your voice

https://www.nairaland.com/5859967/ebonyi-people-treated-2nd-class
keep following me like ijijigrin
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by mayor1814: 5:21pm On May 15, 2020
George Weah is the greatest African footballer.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by thundafire: 5:22pm On May 15, 2020
Even diouf dey talk 'Nomadic' career
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Nairalandmonika: 5:23pm On May 15, 2020
Alanpoza007:

Football isn't just about showboating and dancing on the ball.
Ya, eto also played in between clubs than jj, I don't think eto will do exploit in a club like Bolton.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 15, 2020
stubborn player wey no dey pass ball na to dribble dribble even his own team mates, go subtitute na lie, pass ball na lie, score na lie.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by robosky02(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2020
Who is duaff when we are talking of Etoo
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by DSoj(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2020
Eto'o is by wide miles greater than Diof and Drogba combined
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Alanpoza007: 5:27pm On May 15, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Ya, eto also played in between clubs than jj, I don't think eto will do exploit in a club like Bolton.
When you're exceptional, the best comes for you. That's why Eto'o played for the likes of Madrid, Barça, Inter and Chelsea. JJ is a perfect example of someone that didn't operate at the level he was supposed to. With this skills and gifts, it's shameful he settled for the likes of Bolton. He had all of took to be the very best.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Joefat: 5:30pm On May 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
With all Humility and Submission Diouf should Immediately take out himself from the equation..

Best comment ever.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Gaggii: 5:30pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Samuel Eto'o
George Weah
Roger milla
Didier drogba
Yaya toure
Thomas Nkono

These are the top 6 greatest players AFRICA has produced IMO in ascending order...
The likes of kanu, Abedi, okocha, Salah, Mane, El Hadry, Aboutrika, are all below

What of mikel obi and rashidi yekini

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by watchindelta(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2020
Etoo the best soooo farrr
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by somalianprince: 5:31pm On May 15, 2020
Erosion2020:
keep following me like ijiji

Lol I am dishing it hot for you ifeanyi. Cursed abakaleke miscreant
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by PHijo(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2020
Like Nigeria, I guess El-Hadji Diouf was talking about potential not the outcome.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by femi4: 5:36pm On May 15, 2020
How diof enter the equation
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Kayyy: 5:37pm On May 15, 2020
Are we discussing chelsea fc here or african football, because a lot of people are comparing drogba with african legends, drogba would not even make top 5 of african best footballers and would struggle to make top 10, besides his exploits at chelsea , drogbas impact for ivory coast was qualifying them to nations cup and world cup, Adebayor achieved same for togo, drogba never won any nations cup, and wasnt even highest goal scorer at one if I can remember, drogba is not even Ivory coast greatest ever footballer , his Chelsea and European exploits would struggle to keep in the top 10, but not ahead of Roger Milla, raber madger, aboutrika, rashidi yekini, etc even Yaya toure is a greater legend of Ivory coas and African football than drogba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by apexc6965: 5:37pm On May 15, 2020
[color=#] 4487059[/color]
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by dumininu01(m): 5:38pm On May 15, 2020
Dagrace01:
Diouf who? Drogba what?
Comparing themselves to Eto'o?
That's ridiculous.
The only trophy Eto'o didn't win in football is world cup.
I can't even compare those two players to Kanu, Yaya Toure, and Okocha.
Does Diouf think it's by fighting on the pitch?
Eto'o deserved even ballon d'or in his time if not for segregation and marginalization of Africans.
Eto'o will go down among the top 10 strikers in football history.
U can only compare Eto'o to the likes of Ronaldo Delima, Thierry Henry, Raul Gonzalez, Alan Shearer and the likes.
It's very ridiculous to compare Eto'o to Drogba, Drogba is in the rank of Rooney, Larson, Crespo, Nzaghi, Vieri etc. While Diouf should be compared to Aiyegbeni, Martins, Villa, Wiltord etc
villa is far better than diouf o cheesy ... Compare diouf with kanoute, emenike grin

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by muykem: 5:38pm On May 15, 2020
ecolime:
I like Drogba die but Eto'o is Africa's GOAT.

My order of preference.

1. Eto'o
2. George Weah
3. Drogba
4. J.J Okocha

Diouf na joker.
That will not be correct. You can't put George weah that once ruled the world under Eto'o.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by sevenhundred(m): 5:40pm On May 15, 2020
Openbusiness:
Of cuz yes, Samuel Etoo is the best African footballer till date, even better than George Weah by far. It is an insult to put Drogba in the same sentence with Etoo. Then, who the hell is Diouf? Diouf should be comparing himself with the likes of Yakubu Aiyegbeni, mtchewwwwww!
try and know George weah, it not a joke to win world and European best.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by OJEEMAH(m): 5:41pm On May 15, 2020
In terms of achievements, no African player can match Eto's feet but truth is Drogba was a beast. He had more impact in big games than Eto.....To be honest, Eto can't survive the Chelsea team Drogba played for. Eto had opportunities to player with bigger and better players that's just the difference.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2020
So, Diouf actually thinks he is the greatest ever African player?

He must be suffering from delusion of grandeur.

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by KevinDein: 5:44pm On May 15, 2020
He's right, you know.
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:48pm On May 15, 2020
Elhaji Diouf don weed up I swear
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Small080(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2020
Samuel Eto'o is a true legend o
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Carlyboi(m): 5:51pm On May 15, 2020
Na Weah still be then Papa tho
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:52pm On May 15, 2020
Sleeklord:

Modric won the ballon d or while iniesta and xavi did not.Does that mean he was better than them?Etoo was a one man wrecking ball.His impact was felt in every club he played.What I didn't just like is he coming out to say he's the best.He should have let others do that for him.

Don't use Modric as an example. Modric's win can be compared to that of the Italian national team captain that won it in 2006 when Zidane should have clearly won it.

Weah was simply phenomenal while he played the game. In 1995, he was simply the best the world had. And he played in the era of some of the best players that football has produced, yet he conquered them. Winning all the major international individual awards in 1995.

2 Likes

Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by grandlexuz(m): 5:54pm On May 15, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

In terms of football skills okocha surpass eto

You mean patriotic skills..
Re: Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player by Austeeenxx: 5:56pm On May 15, 2020
Samuel Eto'o anyday anytime. And twice on Sundays.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Argentina Defender, Mascherano Says Super Eagles Are ‘disorganized’ / Meet The Most Expensive Players In Africa (Photos) / Earthquake In Turkey: Christian Atsu Found Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.