Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? (47213 Views)

Can Google Really Tell The Difference Between Good And Bad Content? / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by uboma(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2020
Hideki:
Evening starts by 6:00pm ...5:59pm is still afternoon.

It is safe to say the evening commences at 5:00pm

Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by MrMacinterchi1: 12:44pm On May 17, 2020
KristaPretty:
Kukuma say "good PM" case closed grin
that one no follow for greeting Abeg
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by CuteYvonne777: 1:52pm On May 17, 2020
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by Hideki(m): 3:32pm On May 17, 2020
uboma:

It is safe to say the evening commences at 5:00pm
British standard is 6pm. Why play safe when you can be correct?
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by Kaodek(m): 3:48pm On May 17, 2020
even Unary Emrey knows that everything it is Good Ebening.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by Wierdceo: 3:54pm On May 17, 2020
Michealky:
Once its 8pm I don't greet nobody. No matter who u are.
Marlian.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by uboma(m): 4:19pm On May 17, 2020
Hideki:
British standard is 6pm. Why play safe when you can be correct?

We are not in Britain, we are in Nigeria. It is safe to say the evening starts from 5:00pm here. Better than those who think it starts from 4:00pm.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by bifutre: 7:40pm On May 17, 2020
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by PropertyBuying(f): 9:39pm On May 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
its either good morning, good afternoon or good evening....and to many people, 5pm is early evening so they just use good evening (as they cant use the 2 others).
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by boomssey(f): 9:43pm On May 22, 2020
Bjteensdes24:

Lol..am I a mind reader? It came to my mind today, so I have to share with people and know their opinions
You see there are so many words that are complicated maybe I will prefer Yoruba over any other language but we don't really appreciate it cos of the official one. We even insult people who doesn't speak it whereas it isn't our own language
so very true.
Re: What's The Difference Between 'Good Evening' (5pm) And 'Good Evening' (8pm)? by Ebenezer2021(m): 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
JoyceNelly:
We don't believe in greeting when it is dark...who knows, you might greet a monster...I prefer to keep mute once it's dark.
hi are you the one on dp?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Lecturers Arrested For Cultism, Guns Recovered / Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.