Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? (26294 Views)

8 Important Things We Can Do When We Pray As Christians. / Please Someone Should Teach Me How To Pray As Catholic / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Livingstone124: 2:07pm On May 17, 2020
European demons are gentle thus they pray in gentle and quiet way but here in Africa we have violent and stubborn demons thus we pray in violent way remember right from the time of John the baptist the kingdom of God suffers violent and the violent takes by force.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Rawtruth1: 2:11pm On May 17, 2020
Better pray violently if you are praying concerning APC.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Reference(m): 2:19pm On May 17, 2020
Depends on what you are addressing or who you are addressing. Prayer is simply communication between two spiritual entities, you and someone or something else. How you speak here on earth is very similar to how we speak in heavenly places because we are created spirits and in the image of God.

So how do you speak here in your everyday life. It is very similar. The extremes are simple.

You speak gently or quietly or respectfully when addressing a person of great worth.
You speak gently out of an abundance of thought or knowledge.
You speak gently as one in control of the circumstance and/or the conversation.

You speak loudly or harshly when you either donot respect or donot like the conversant.
You are likely going to speak loudly because you are not sure you are being heard or understood. You are not knowledgeable enough or mature enough for a normal conversation.
You are literaly screaming your head off in the middle of a battle to be heard over the cacaphony while calling base for instance.

There is no prescription for the way communication is made in the Spirit in the Scriptures. However what it can indicate are the circumstances of the prayer, to whom it is directed and the standing of the believer. But generally the more you are in charge the less you tend to exert yourself. Very rarely do you hear kings raise their voices.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by tranxo(m): 2:27pm On May 17, 2020
As the Spirit leads.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 17, 2020
Am a Catholic , we are not used to Aggressive prayers ...unless in Charismatics. But I understand those who prays with Aggression.. because this life problems hen.. him go push you
Who prays against the village people with calmness? . Alaye you have to fight them spiritually mehn...show your physical traits in that prayers.. make your village people know say u no dey sleep.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Heavance(m): 2:38pm On May 17, 2020
As the economy affects you, determines the best way to pray.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by translux(m): 2:39pm On May 17, 2020
Luke 11:1-13 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer
11 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,[a]
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.[b]
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
    for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.[c]
And lead us not into temptation.[d]’”
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by ninocia18(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2020
Ok. I saw something here and decided to comment. The voice you pray with doesn't determine whether God will hear you or not. It's our faith. In Mark 11vs23-24 Jesus said that if we ask the Father anything we desire with faith and it will be done. The key to getting prayers is faith and faith is built on God's word. When you pray according to God's word/will as John said in 1Jn 5vs14, your prayers must be answered cuz God is a person of integrity and he always keeps to his words. Prayer failures are basically faith failure. But besides faith, issues of love/forgiveness can hinder answers to prayers. There's alot to be said on that but I'll stop here. As much as prayer voice has nothing to do with out faith, there are different kinds of prayer and each are approached with different attitudes. Prayers like supplication or when you are seeking God's face and making enquires from God.. just like your president, you don't come shouting and demanding something that he can decide not to tell or give you. In this case, you appeal or make know your desire for it. And then He answers cuz of his mercies, grace and love towards us. Our relationship with God is likened to a marriage. You don't shout at your spouse to know them or get somethings from them. You get on the basis of friendship and communion with them. That's how our relationship with God is. Here, you are humble and completely submissive. But there are prayers called petition. Here you are demanding all Jesus already supplied for you on earth using the authority we have in Christ as believers. Only Christian's have this right. Unbelievers don't. You are command as a king not a servant. Who are we commanding? The devil and his cohorts. Everything we need Jesus has provided on the cross but sometimes devil frustrates us. So we use our authority to command him to flee from our healings, provisions, blessings etc. You don't need a pastor to do that for you. The same Holy Spirit you have which is the symbol of that authority in us they also have. But we submit and honour them cuz they teach and admonish us how to use and maximize this authority. A man that is not under authority of a man of God can't function in that authority. Also, I believe what of the reasons Jesus prayed in a solitary place is cuz he didn't want to disturb his neighbors. I don't think it's right praying to the point where it begins to disturb you neighbor. That's not walking in love. Love considers others and puts them above itself cuz it is selfless. Even if it happens, it should be occasionally.
There are different kind of prayers with the best attitudes that follow them but beyond that, payer backed by faith in God's word will always be answered. Thank you.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by APOSTLECHUMA: 2:54pm On May 17, 2020
When u want to pray through songs, go cool and when prayn and appreciating God for his blessing also go cool and calm. When making requests from God, do it with reverence and in a cool way but when u want to pray against those who have sworn that u wil be useless in life, if u dont draw out your spiritual sword and slaughter them through aggresive and violent prayers, they wil destroy u through witchcraft.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Prophet777: 2:55pm On May 17, 2020
Aggressive prayer remains the only way out of the foundational, generational and ancentral curses confronting the african race...

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by tedbaj(m): 2:56pm On May 17, 2020
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.
We have the cool and calm beings, and also the stubborn and aggressive ones.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

Now, here is why i am writing this write up.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks.
Pray with ur heart that is the secret of answer of pray..
Jeremiah 29 (KJV)
¹² Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
¹³ And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by babadee1(m): 3:03pm On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks

As the Spirit leads. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nyamve1: 3:12pm On May 17, 2020
The only thing u need, to pray is ur tongue, walking around, shouting etc, just to make u feel active, because God answers thought also
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by white3663: 3:26pm On May 17, 2020
Gemineye:
i shall be a terror!!! that the kingdom of darkness shall fear
Everyone can never be preaching love
I'm not a man or preacher of love!!!

I'm a war!!!
I'm a fight!!
I'm Indaboski!!!
Bahose!!!
undecided

John Cena bahose lol

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by femi4: 3:30pm On May 17, 2020
They are shouting "fervent prayer" but bible actually called it EFFECTUAL fervent prayer

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

It doesn't matter if its high or low.....It must be effective via faith

2 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by bluebay(m): 3:32pm On May 17, 2020
Prayer is all about your communication with God. Mind you, some people pray loudly but their heart nor mind isn’t connected with the Lord yet. Some pray calmly and they aren’t connected. So, it’s all by individual differences
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by ifiokjohn(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:
No evidence prayer works
That one big like. I might not go to church often but i know Prayers work cause it has work for me numerous times. Truly, Jesus answer Prayers!
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by ifiokjohn(m): 3:34pm On May 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:
No evidence prayer works
That one big lie. I might not go to church often but i know Prayers work cause it has work for me numerous times. Truly, Jesus answer Prayers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Goalnaldo(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2020
If it's in a gathering, it might depend on the person leading the prayer or the prayer points. Prayers against Destiny hijackers, or household forces tends to be aggressive. What most Christians don't know that "no" is also an answer. God answer prayer in three ways: yes, no , wait.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by View01(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2020
Just say the lord's prayer
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by View01(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2020
He will definitely listen to you especially if u have a pure heart not necessarily by shouting or being calm. But i dont think being aggressive is an option
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Btruth: 4:12pm On May 17, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin

In this country until u scream and hit ur head on d wall,and roll on the floor while wailing..it's assumed u don't know how to pray.
grin grin
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by View01(m): 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
ifiokjohn:
That one big lie. I might not go to church often but i know Prayers work cause it has work for me numerous times. Truly, Jesus answer Prayers!

God bless you
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by imhere: 4:21pm On May 17, 2020
There are times you have to be voilent in prayers and other times silently connecting with God. In all the prayer of a righteous man availest much. A broken and contrite heart God will not despise.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Legendguru: 4:23pm On May 17, 2020
None silent prayers works for me regardless
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by osascybog(m): 4:33pm On May 17, 2020
Investmentfreak:
grin

As hunger take beat small pikin reach Na im go determine how pikin go take cry..
Poor man no de call God “lord”
Dis man u bad!!! cry kiss[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by osascybog(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2020
Reference:
Depends on what you are addressing or who you are addressing. Prayer is simply communication between two spiritual entities, you and someone or something else. How you speak here on earth is very similar to how we speak in heavenly places because we are created spirits and in the image of God.

So how do you speak here in your everyday life. It is very similar. The extremes are simple.

You speak gently or quietly or respectfully when addressing a person of great worth.
You speak gently out of an abundance of thought or knowledge.
You speak gently as one in control of the circumstance and/or the conversation.

You speak loudly or harshly when you either donot respect or donot like the conversant.
You are likely going to speak loudly because you are not sure you are being heard or understood. You are not knowledgeable enough or mature enough for a normal conversation.
You are literaly screaming your head off in the middle of a battle to be heard over the cacaphony while calling base for instance.

There is no prescription for the way communication is made in the Spirit in the Scriptures. However what it can indicate are the circumstances of the prayer, to whom it is directed and the standing of the believer. But generally the more you are in charge the less you tend to exert yourself. Very rarely do you hear kings raise their voices.
coolI hail oo...wonderful piece

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by my2chains(m): 4:56pm On May 17, 2020
Kekereekun123:
No evidence prayer works

you are as blind as a camel,

anyways My dream is just to be a big time rich niggar farmer!
Invest 100k in okro farming today and get 250% in just 4 months!
My2chains farm

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Johncuppa(m): 5:02pm On May 17, 2020
KingBaba1:

Thanks
It depends on the kind of prayer, you are doing.
I've these classifications for prayer, and the type you do determines its praying pattern. E.g. the warfare and deliverance way is different from supplication and petition and so on.

Classification (my method, though)
1 Consecration and dedication
2 Commitment and devotion
3 Supplication and petition
4 Warfare and deliverance
5 Power and prophetic.

The first two are calm and cool to pray, can even been done while lying down.
The forth is aggressive and violent, but short like say one or two hours at a go for many times and days.
The last is heartfelt, and with long hours of say 5 to 6 hours.

However, like the bible put it. Holy Spirit facilitates Spiritual affairs and only Him can teach believers how to go about it.

But the glue is this, desperation is a subject of aggression or persistency.
Aggression is done violently but short time, while the later is done calmly but with long hours.
So, it's a function of energy and time expanded.

Blind Bartimeaus was aggressive while the widow in Luke 18 was persistent. Whichever, desperation was seen in both actions.
And sometimes, both can occur at a time.
The result is the real deed at the end.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by EASTERNPOL: 5:29pm On May 17, 2020
Pray consistently with " FAITH " without ceasing and wait patiently,

See Habukkuk:2:3
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 17, 2020
miketayo:

Try kneeling for a while without doing anything, u would sweat continuously.

Lies

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

No Prophecy About Election Postponement / Ifeoma Vivian Emeka: Born Again Burns Her Hair Extensions, "They Are Demonic" / No Black Man Will Go To Heaven - Prophet Agya Dan (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.