Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,227 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) (62412 Views)

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? / Help I'm Loosing My Mind / Please Advice Me On My Family Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Adgideon(m): 8:59pm On May 18, 2020
Ope88:

Everything is under control.....

He is with his sister... The family he abandoned for his wife, religion and heaven... They all welcomed him with love, recalling how nice he was to them until he found religion and married my mum..... Lots of things were said that I can't say here.. But we thank God everything is under control now...
ok am here you but u are still to try do best cos him still ur papa no matter what he has do. Love ur papa it is a mistake he do lol
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by bobokunlexzy: 9:23pm On May 18, 2020
Ope88:
Please don't read and pass, also Pardon all my typo, I'm typing out of duress.

I am from a family of six, 3 girls, 1 boy including my parents.
I had a horrible childhood experience, My Mum (no thanks to her) was something I can't quantify, I can't start writing every of the things she did and I can't say If the religion she practiced contributed largely to the devilish attitude she put up while growing up.

My mum has no good record anywhere, in the church, with the neighbours, with her siblings, we the children, her in laws and even at work, She was always at war with people, if she dreams that someone was trying to attack her in the dream, if she sees the person the following day, she was ready to attack the person.

Also, she would curse her children at any slightest provocation and leave only my brother out(last born and spoilt), She doesn't have any good relationship with her siblings and won't allow my dad visit his family member, I remembered them (Mum and dad) always saying this (don't be unequally yoked together with unbelievers). To them anyone who isn't a Christian (deeper life) is not supposed to be associated with.. My dad on countless occasion will call his mum a witch just because she was a Muslim and one of the oloyes of allasalatu(Muslims will understand this) and had nothing to do with his family members.

This went on and on like this until my elder sister moved out of the house and in the process of trying to find her feet, she got pregnant and my mom practically tormented her life, she later got married to the man, and for that act alone, she's always at logger heads with my sister and her husband..

Later, I got married and then my younger sister followed suit, leaving my dad, herself and my younger brother (whom I have disowned).

Ever since the three of us got happily married, and left the home, my dad slipped into severe depression. Although he has been depressed given lots of things he encountered, job loss, no social interaction, unforgiveness amongst others, it became severe when all his female children left, then from severe depressgion, he started having mental issues, he would wake up and leave the house talking to himself, or start preaching and going out of point with anyone he finds on the street, sometimes he would leave and come home at night, my younger brother who is supposed to comfort and help him, treats him with disdain, my mum who is supposed to check mate his excesses would leave him to his folly and now he has started standing up to her and everyone else in the house..

At 26, he doesn't know his bearing and obviously we have been seeing signs of him wanting to inherit the houses my father built in the same compound.. (and we have noticed that my mum has been making him understand that every of the property belongs to him).

The last straw which broke the camel's back happened one week ago, my elder sister ( who is 9 year older than him) took advantage of the lockdown and visited my father, he is usually exited when we are around him whc helps his severe moodiness. There and then an argument broke out between my sister and my brother, she asked why my brother was insulting our mum for an action that happened in the compound, he beat my sister up and her three children and boasted that, the rest of us (my sister and I) dare not do anything and that by the way we must stop coming to the house, that if he sees any of us He will beat us up, My mum who was supposed to resolve the matter started blaming my sister, asking her why she always love to come visiting, that she's supposed to be in her husband's house or father in laws place and immediately called her hubby to come pick her.

Its been one week my sister left for her house, my daddy who enjoyed her company when she was present started misbehaving again at home. He started roaming, he started cursing everyone.

The reason I'm writing is this, my dad is no where to be found, he left the house yesterday Friday 15th May 2020 and was last seen in ITAMAGA IKORODU, we keep trying his number but he is not picking and now his number is switched off, I'm sure he is still wandering about.

My sisters and I have decided that even when he is found(by God's grace) we do not what him to go back living with my mum and brother.

What other alternatives do we have to care for him, as his own siblings are not happy with him either for abandoning them and their mum (his own mum),, when they needed him the most..

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.. PLEASE HELP ME.

Modified..... My dad has been found today Sunday, 17th May 2020, my sweet mother (elder sister) found her, she has been on her feet since he went missing, luckily he was found but in a terrible state, I saw him via video calls and I wept, he can't recognize even my sister again, and just muttering some words we don't understand, he closes his eyes while saying this and asked everyone to go and leave him, he looks so faint and weak and would not leave where he his...My sister has called his siblings and she's waiting for the next line of ACTION from them.

I'll keep updating the house with reports from our end..

I'm more concerned about your Dad here.

Medically speaking, your Dad is suffering from two ailments.

1. Dementia (mental blockage) which is the deterioration of mind especially with respect to reasoning, will power and mind

2. Depression which is a mental state of being in low spirit characterized by dejection, dullness, lack of hope and absence of cheerfulness.

Taking him in to your place is just like solving 5% of his problem.

What he need is medical attention to bring him back fast to a normal state of mind of which I am ready to be of help and give you prescriptions of what to administer.

If you joke with this, I'm afraid to tell you that your Dad might attempt suicide when no one is looking.... I'm speaking from experience.

Check my signature and feel free contact me.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 18, 2020
Bagehot:

Unfortunately, churches like Deeper Life, Charismatic movement, MFM, etc. are the major hubs of fanatical Christians. I know of a lot of people cut off from the rest of their extended families cos of their membership in these churches. I even attended a wedding party last year, where the Groom's father was about leaving the reception at 3 pm cos he had to attend a church meeting - which normal person leaves his Son's wedding reception to attend a church meeting?
I hate religious fanatism to the core. It is a bad way of life.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 18, 2020
Ope88:

I had a horrible childhood experience, My Mum (no thanks to her) was something I can't quantify, I can't start writing every of the things she did and I can't say If the religion she practiced contributed largely to the devilish attitude she put up while growing up.

My mum has no good record anywhere, in the church, with the neighbours, with her siblings, we the children, her in laws and even at work, She was always at war with people, if she dreams that someone was trying to attack her in the dream, if she sees the person the following day, she was ready to attack the person.

Also, she would curse her children at any slightest provocation and leave only my brother out(last born and spoilt), She doesn't have any good relationship with her siblings and won't allow my dad visit his family member, I remembered them (Mum and dad) always saying this (don't be unequally yoked together with unbelievers). To them anyone who isn't a Christian (deeper life) is not supposed to be associated with.. My dad on countless occasion will call his mum a witch just because she was a Muslim and one of the oloyes of allasalatu(Muslims will understand this) and had nothing to do with his family members.

This went on and on like this until my elder sister moved out of the house and in the process of trying to find her feet, she got pregnant and my mom practically tormented her life, she later got married to the man, and for that act alone, she's always at logger heads with my sister and her husband..

Later, I got married and then my younger sister followed suit, leaving my dad, herself and my younger brother (whom I have disowned).

Ever since the three of us got happily married, and left the home, my dad slipped into severe depression. Although he has been depressed given lots of things he encountered, job loss, no social interaction, unforgiveness amongst others, it became severe when all his female children left, then from severe depressgion, he started having mental issues, he would wake up and leave the house talking to himself, or start preaching and going out of point with anyone he finds on the street, sometimes he would leave and come home at night, my younger brother who is supposed to comfort and help him, treats him with disdain, my mum who is supposed to check mate his excesses would leave him to his folly and now he has started standing up to her and everyone else in the house..

At 26, he doesn't know his bearing and obviously we have been seeing signs of him wanting to inherit the houses my father built in the same compound.. (and we have noticed that my mum has been making him understand that every of the property belongs to him).

The last straw which broke the camel's back happened one week ago, my elder sister ( who is 9 year older than him) took advantage of the lockdown and visited my father, he is usually exited when we are around him whc helps his severe moodiness. There and then an argument broke out between my sister and my brother, she asked why my brother was insulting our mum for an action that happened in the compound, he beat my sister up and her three children and boasted that, the rest of us (my sister and I) dare not do anything and that by the way we must stop coming to the house, that if he sees any of us He will beat us up, My mum who was supposed to resolve the matter started blaming my sister, asking her why she always love to come visiting, that she's supposed to be in her husband's house or father in laws place and immediately called her hubby to come pick her.

Its been one week my sister left for her house, my daddy who enjoyed her company when she was present started misbehaving again at home. He started roaming, he started cursing everyone.

The reason I'm writing is this, my dad is no where to be found, he left the house yesterday Friday 15th May 2020 and was last seen in ITAMAGA IKORODU, we keep trying his number but he is not picking and now his number is switched off, I'm sure he is still wandering about.

My sisters and I have decided that even when he is found(by God's grace) we do not what him to go back living with my mum and brother.

What other alternatives do we have to care for him, as his own siblings are not happy with him either for abandoning them and their mum (his own mum),, when they needed him the most..

Modified..... My dad has been found today Sunday, 17th May 2020, my sweet mother (elder sister) found her, she has been on her feet since he went missing, luckily he was found but in a terrible state, I saw him via video calls and I wept, he can't recognize even my sister again, and just muttering some words we don't understand, he closes his eyes while saying this and asked everyone to go and leave him, he looks so faint and weak and would not leave where he his...My sister has called his siblings and she's waiting for the next line of ACTION from them.

Hmm. There is more to what you have just posted here. And I'm not going to advise you to take any action. Hold a family meeting and let everything be settled within your family with the presence of the relevant elders.
Psychologically a lot of things are not the way they should be.
I hold brief for no one. But as per the case of the lastborn, what moves were made by your parents to make him independent? Was he sent to school? Or did he learn a skill?
One thing that I have observed in many families including mine is that parents always invest all they could on the first child down to third as the case may be, even on a turn by turn system but the lastborn always face the challenge of support most especially where the elderly ones are still trying to gain their stand, trying to feather their nests. And you know life is a competition, and there is what is even called sibling rivalry.
Moreso if the family is not constituted on love, survival could be hard.
Come to think of it, if he(lastborn) had been giving your father intense care this would not have happened. And whether he clocks 35yrs at home, you will not be bothered I perceive.
But Please try to give us an in depth analysis. We don't judge superficial cases.
Above all, giving birth to just two children is ideal in a country like Nigeria. So that the parents will also enjoy life too before their death.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by olamy7(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Lol. What do u fink
nothing really serious, I just want to know the reason behind the figures attached to your nick grin
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Beolly(m): 12:32am On May 19, 2020
Yustash001:
If you are blessed with a good wife

You don't know what God has done for you...
I'd rather exercise the option of a divorce than condone a terrible wife. I have an independent mind I condone no shit.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by MOBBDEEP: 8:12am On May 19, 2020
@Ope88, amidst all other things e.g reckless permissive upbringing on your brother & the likes, your dad has mental disorder (a psychotic problem) and your brother too. Your brother is most likely manifesting this illness onset early in life as encountered in reality more often than not compared to your dad.
They both need medical (mental) care.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Skepticus: 3:25pm On May 20, 2020
scoundrel:
These creative writers will soon chase someone out of this forum. If I see one more of their stories hit front page I’ll leave this forum for Seun and his moderators.

17 days now and you still haven't updated your diary, man.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by boyjo: 10:11pm On May 20, 2020
Ope88:

Why not take him to the Psychiatrist?
They will provide him drugs to balance out his chemicals or hormones.
I know the B vitamins help with moods but take him to the hospital.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by boyjo: 10:13pm On May 20, 2020
MOBBDEEP:
@Ope88, amidst all other things e.g reckless permissive upbringing on your brother & the likes, your dad has mental disorder (a psychotic problem) and your brother too. Your brother is most likely manifesting this illness onset early in life as encountered in reality more often than not compared to your dad.
They both need medical (mental) care.

Kindly listen to this.
Although you bro may attack you all for merely suggesting it to him.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Ope88(f): 10:22pm On May 20, 2020
boyjo:

Why not take him to the Psychiatrist?
They will provide him drugs to balance out his chemicals or hormones.
I know the B vitamins help with moods but take him to the hospital.

On it sir.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by GodPunishBiafra: 6:33pm On May 22, 2020
chewwie:

Let's see how you'll survive in this country, not to talk of this world, if you don't know how to speak English. Even French, Spanish and Chinese people know how to speak and write proper English. African man and his wilful ignorance
Common sense is not common.
I don't blame you...

Village people sef get opinion grin
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by GodPunishBiafra: 6:36pm On May 22, 2020
lozanni:

No thanks to his mum who had spoilt him.
Your Dad suffers from a form of dementia and a close eye needs to be kept on him to avoid his being permanently lost.
Your Dad needs to write his will fast to avoid endless litigations and problems when he passes .I also hope you ladies were not mean to your brother when he was younger because of the attention that was being given him as an only son, as this might explain his resentment towards you all
You mean your dad?
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Hubbysluv: 8:20pm On May 22, 2020
Everybody's prayer should be to have a girl child
See, your girl child will NEVER forget you when you grow old
Most men are after money and possession, some of them forget their family when they make it.
Its so unfortunate but please, you people should take your father and care for him, if not that old man will die of depression /hBP

Ope88:

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by chewwie(m): 2:01am On May 23, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Common sense is not common. I don't blame you...
Village people sef get opinion grin
Thanks for making no sense whatsoever

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion / 'my Husband Has Attention Each Time He Carries Our Daughters On His Lap' / How I Set A Trap For My Wife, Caught Her Cheating With Secret Lover - Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.