Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,549 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics (44853 Views)

Atiku/Obi Introduce FIFA (VAR) Analog Into Politics At 'The Candidates' / Emir Of Ilorin Cautions Kwara Govt Against Dragging Him Into Politics / Governor Badaru: Debts, Uncompleted Projects Nearly Drove Me Out Of Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Exmilitant(m): 6:30am On May 17, 2020
martinsagbor45:
I use to love this man until he sold out GEJ, and join the apc bandwagon.... Yet he is there preaching betrayal..... Smh
He didn't betray GEJ. He was rather betrayed by GEJ and PDP.

7 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Nobody: 6:31am On May 17, 2020
dbestuncle:
The man is intelligent and to a large extend honest. I respect u more Sir

Yes... And I like him for that.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by desiredhome: 6:31am On May 17, 2020
Esseite:

I understand you, am an entrepreneur myself, it's easier said than done, especially when you go beyond "trading" entrepreneurship...

The first thing is to have the mindset of an entrepreneur which a lot of us don't have......
The problem here is a lot people don't believe in themselves...they don't have patients.... they are too lazy/proud to learn etc.....
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Sunmolar(m): 6:32am On May 17, 2020
I like this man.Give this man a chance to be president,then the largest population of youths in the history of Nigeria will remember their turning point.

The little opportunity to work during his stay as a governor was handsomely rewarded. jobs a governor would've given to expartraits.

6 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Wantedmiller: 6:33am On May 17, 2020
martinsagbor45:
I use to love this man until he sold out GEJ, and join the apc bandwagon.... Yet he is there preaching betrayal..... Smh

Please tell us how he betrayed GEJ.

or GEJ betrayed him......

5 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:33am On May 17, 2020
I stopped reading immediate I read this,

"However, I didn’t join politics because I wanted to be a leader or because I wanted to solve Nigeria’s problems. I joined because of unemployment."

Nigeria's problem can never and will never be solve with this set of rogues who sees politics as a career not a call to service.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Kinematics: 6:39am On May 17, 2020
Apt and straight to the point. You said the truth without mincing words.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Benwallt(m): 6:39am On May 17, 2020
And the treasury felt your presence
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Nobody: 6:41am On May 17, 2020
Am very sure am the only person that read this till End.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Nobody: 6:42am On May 17, 2020
desiredhome:

The first thing is to have the mindset of an entrepreneur which a lot of us don't have......
The problem here is a lot people don't believe in themselves...they don't have patients.... they are too lazy/proud to learn etc.....

Having the mindset of an entrepreneur is wonderful, but in your down "years", what pays the Bill's?...

We cant completely blame those that dont think that path, foreign nations give you:
- Unemployment wage
- Cheap food
- Low cost rentals
- SME loans as long as you have a good proposal
- Good minimum wage to grow that dream..
- credit facility to own what you want with spread payments..
These are all fools paradise in Nigeria..

That of the SE works well because they serve for a good period of years while 100% of their Bill's are being taken care of by their masters, the connections are given to them as well as cash capital to kick-start that already defined dream..

For a graduate, its like being thrown into the desert and told to find your way out..

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by iamdapsyj(m): 6:45am On May 17, 2020
dyfaze:
All these our polithiefcians can lie for Africa.. Like giving ridiculus excuses. You graduated at that young age in 1987 and you could not get a job, oga stop lying because during that time, Nigeria Govt still value graduates a lot, at worst, Teaching job is guaranteed. Having been a Union President, I believe politics is in ur blood and You deliberately joined because your father was a politician.

he mentioned that he got a media job though

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:45am On May 17, 2020
and now politics have drove u into been a public thief ...
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by FGonline: 6:45am On May 17, 2020
genieplus86:
Politics, politics and politics
very sweet right
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by desiredhome: 6:46am On May 17, 2020
martinsagbor45:
That is a wrong information....the reverse is the case
Amachi is one of the best governor we had in Rivers State after Diete Spiff.....
He was betrayed by wiked wike and patience Jonathan.......

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by FGonline: 6:48am On May 17, 2020
maggilove:
So politics is now a place of solace for unemployed folks, don't mislead people, not everyone gets lucky. There are people you started politics with and there names has not been heard.
So wat are u insinuatin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by ddeola: 6:49am On May 17, 2020
You joined politics and began to steal and lie like them. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Nobody: 6:52am On May 17, 2020
desiredhome:

That is a wrong information....the reverse is the case
Amachi is one of the best governor we had in Rivers State after Diete Spiff.....
He was betrayed by wiked wike and patience Jonathan.......
Best Governor in terms of what?Did he transform to Rivers State to London with the billions of dollars he received during his 8 year tenure. Can he attend a public hospital or use the monorail he built.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by FGonline: 6:52am On May 17, 2020
themonk:

Tinubu will never agree he joined politics for money or because of unemployment. He will rather say he came to be a leader blah blah blah
Yoruba man

Hahaha
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Moikiitos: 6:54am On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

https://punchng.com/unemployment-drove-me-into-politics-rotimi-amaechi/

You joined politics and in you're in government...the unemployment issue is still not solved and got even worst. Yeye people :/
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Nobody: 6:57am On May 17, 2020
KINEMATICZ:

PORT HARCOURT is a shithole filled with shanties and slums hahahaha
Not any different from any of the other 36 states. Money only circulates around the politicians and their cronies.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by FGonline: 7:01am On May 17, 2020
Jostoman:
Working tirelessly underground to reclaim rivers state back from WIKE, but wike na strong man.
he loved wike most,but wike betrayd him

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by michoim(m): 7:02am On May 17, 2020
Nice one
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by FGonline: 7:04am On May 17, 2020
tfelicityk:
Hope people are learning from others positively or negatively rather both?

When a man needs leadership positions - he is ready to attend all kind of worshipped!

May God saves Nigeria from Nigerians
pls how do you mean
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Born2Breed(f): 7:06am On May 17, 2020
I'm glad Ameachi spoke extensively on BETRAYAL

If only he can be sincere enough to let the world know how he betrayed Wike.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by FGonline: 7:07am On May 17, 2020
Exmilitant:
For those of us who know him personally, thats not his true story. cool
Really

What is?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by FGonline: 7:10am On May 17, 2020
Sunmolar:
I like this man.Give this man a chance to be president,then the largest population of youths in the history of Nigeria will remember their turning point.

The little opportunity to work during his stay as a governor was handsomely rewarded. jobs a governor would've given to expartraits.

u mean,he did well as a Governor?

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by FGonline: 7:14am On May 17, 2020
Born2Breed:
I'm glad Ameachi spoke extensively on BETRAYAL

If only he can be sincere enough to let the world know how he betrayed Wike.
No

It was wike dat betrayd him,during his fight with patience
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Sheuns(m): 7:14am On May 17, 2020
Esseite:
The same unemployemnt that has pushed you into politics has pushed more to robbery, ritual, drugs, terrorism and all sorts of crimes...

How has your Government approached the issue having first hand experience of it.

He doesn’t have solution to any of Nigeria’s problems. He clearly said he joined politics cos he had no job not because he wanted to be a leader or solve Nigeria’s problems. That’s how most of these so called politicians are. They joined politics to make money, SIMPLE. With what this man has said, I’m not surprised.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Sheuns(m): 7:17am On May 17, 2020
Kingpele:
Ok, is a pity that some people here fail to comprehend the write up or they choose to be blinded by hate... If u ever want to amount to anything in life, appreciate God by respecting those who are on top. envy, jealousy and hatred will always keep you below them and their children forever. the minister was offered a job at NTA as a broadcaster, but he turned it down. and went into politics, to try to solve the problem of unemployment in our society. whether he succeeded or not is another topic for another day... It is not his personal unemployment that led him to politics... For those of u saying unemployment led people to robbery etc

He never said he joined politics to solve unemployment problems. Please read again.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by desiredhome: 7:18am On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Best Governor in terms of what?Did he transform to Rivers State to London with the billions of dollars he received during his 8 year tenure. Can he attend a public hospital or use the monorail he built.
Like him or hate him he is one of the best governor we have had in Rivers State, you will see that when you remove sentiments/hatred from your heart.....
Rome was not built in a day.....if Amachi was allowed to complete his second tenor, and the next governor to build on his blueprint Rivers State would've been finer/better than it is today...

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Born2Breed(f): 7:18am On May 17, 2020
FGonline:
No

It was wike dat betrayd him,during his fight with patience

Lol. grin grin

You know nothing!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari's Aides Surprise Him On His 77th Birthday (Photos) / Photos From Eyitayo Jegede's Campaign Grand Finale In Ondo / Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.