Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics (44533 Views)

Atiku/Obi Introduce FIFA (VAR) Analog Into Politics At 'The Candidates' / Emir Of Ilorin Cautions Kwara Govt Against Dragging Him Into Politics / Governor Badaru: Debts, Uncompleted Projects Nearly Drove Me Out Of Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by 8stargeneral: 8:06am On May 17, 2020
Thief
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Sososo(f): 8:06am On May 17, 2020
And what has he done for the unemployed youth knowing that unemployment is a crazy driver. At least he was lucky to be driven to a good destination
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Nobody: 8:07am On May 17, 2020
Lol.. The Rugged Rotimi grin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Asour: 8:08am On May 17, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Tinubu would say the same, but in a more creative way as a talented corrupt politician.

Tinubu wasn't unemployed.

He had a reasonably good job with Mobil prior to joining politics.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Billygee2u: 8:09am On May 17, 2020
Esseite:
The same unemployemnt that has pushed you into politics has pushed more to robbery, ritual, drugs, terrorism and all sorts of crimes...

How has your Government approached the issue having first hand experience of it.
He's got what he wants and care not about others
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Billygee2u: 8:11am On May 17, 2020
Yankee101:
Imagine

Poverty

No wonder no development
are you surprised? they've no vision
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by broswilli: 8:11am On May 17, 2020
Is being a politician a profession.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Biafranguy1(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2020
I knew it right from on set, that it is frustration and desperate that put this beast where he is today. angry
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TemmyT002(m): 8:19am On May 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

https://punchng.com/unemployment-drove-me-into-politics-rotimi-amaechi/

This man is always blunt sha.
He likes talking things as it is.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Brymo4all(m): 8:28am On May 17, 2020
This interview is inspiring

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by PositiveDirect: 8:31am On May 17, 2020
He said his son grew up and schooled in Europe but he is coming back to Nigeria to play politics. That is the situation in the country. That is how they do it.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Breastfeed: 8:32am On May 17, 2020
Unemployment drove you into politics yet you want to steal everywhere dry forgetting about those who are currently unemployed.?

Continue o. Wetin Tecno no go see for computer village and wetin Covid-19 no go see for isolation center
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Jostoman: 8:32am On May 17, 2020
FGonline:
he loved wike most,but wike betrayd him
how did wike betrayed him
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Studio247: 8:37am On May 17, 2020
And now that you have the opportunity to create jobs for others you are busy creating one for your pocket.
If I may ask how many jobs have you created since unemployment was what drove you into politics?

LET'S PROMOTE YOUR MUSIC FROM START TO FINISH ANYWHERE YOU WANT IT TO REACH WE GAT YOU COVERED.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:39am On May 17, 2020
PHijo:

You are distorting history! It was Amaechi who picked up a fight with GEJ because people like Tinubu promised him the presidency or vice presidential slot.

Most of you are not from Rivers or were not resident when this happened.

I am resident. Who promised Amaechi vice presidential slot? That is not true. Amaechi was not in the political picture until he was suspended by GEJ. He was a core PDP man.

People lied to GEJ against Amaechi and the man waged a war against Amaechi based on rumours. Amaechi was strong in the camp of PDP. His decamping to APC was leaving the ruling party.

Apart from the rumours, Amaechi had not done anything to GEJ before GEJ started fighting Amaechi. So tell me, who betrayed who?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Blackpromise(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2020
Hello...i would need ur services concerning a website..
pls reach me on
kunleblackrule@gmail.com
Thanks.[qquote author=Maggento101 post=89631492]Just as politics led you to corruption. Anyway, don't let the lockdown prevent you from eating. Bring your business Digital. Get Ecommerce Online Store + Free Domain + SEO Manager for 5k. Click CHAT US on my signature for contact.[/quote]
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Nobody: 8:42am On May 17, 2020
The real tragedy of Nigeria is the fact that thieves and evil men can stand in front of the nation, beat their chests with confidence and claim not to have stolen so much as a kobo. Even while the entire place is littered by evidences of their pilferage.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:43am On May 17, 2020
PHijo:

You are distorting history! It was Amaechi who picked up a fight with GEJ because people like Tinubu promised him the presidency or vice presidential slot.

Most of you are not from Rivers or were not resident when this happened.

Apart from lies, how did anyone know Amaechi was promised VP slot, when Amaechi himself knew it was never a possibility?

The problem was that GEJ was too dumb to tell a lie from the truth. As soon as they lied to him that the best performing Governor, maybe the best in the History of Nigeria was promised his position, he stupidly reacted and started fighting one of the strongest politicians in the Niger Delta. GEJ drove Amaechi from PDP. Not the other way around.

Get your facts right.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by belcom10(m): 8:44am On May 17, 2020
Honestly, I so much admire the simple and intelligent nature of Rt hon Rotimi Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:45am On May 17, 2020
Jostoman:
how did wike betrayed him

Wike was the person behind turning GEJ against Amaechi. That was first class betrayal. Where do you think GEJ got the lies against Amaechi from to start fighting and suspending Amaechi from PDP?

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by harsysky(m): 8:47am On May 17, 2020
No shame at all. Now, what have you done concerning unemployment? Absolutely, nothing. A time is coming when a son beats up the father because the son will have had enough from an abusive father. It is wrong for a son to do that, but nature will certainly support that. That will be the case of Nigeria one day, and soonest.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by PHijo(m): 8:47am On May 17, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I am resident. Who promised Amaechi vice presidential slot? That is not true. Amaechi was not in the political picture until he was suspended by GEJ. He was a core PDP man.

People lied to GEJ against Amaechi and the man waged a war against Amaechi based on rumours. Amaechi was strong in the camp of PDP. His decamping to APC was leaving the ruling party.

Apart from the rumours, Amaechi had not done anything to GEJ before GEJ started fighting Amaechi. So tell me, who betrayed who?

Probably I are not conversant with the politics or you are biased. Amaechi 's war with GEJ even started before Jonathan became acting president!

Amaechi, Sylva and Uduaghan all worked against GEJ before he became acting president. Uduaghan was ready to reconcile, the rest were not.

The truth is, whatever has happened has happened and it will define Bayelsa/Rivers politics in many years to come.

Many who support Wike today do not support him because they like him, they take offence in Amaechi's actions. In fact, prior to Amaechi's betrayal, barely anyone disliked him in Rivers state. He was forgiven for the role he played in Odili's 8 years of waste, waste in all ramifications.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by membranus: 8:49am On May 17, 2020
Exmilitant:
For those of us who know him personally, thats not his true story. cool

Pls as an ex-militant tell us the true story.

We will like to learn from the two sides of the story. Today is Sunday, no work, no Church, please let the script unfold to entertain us.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:49am On May 17, 2020
osamz007:
Now that you are well established in politics have u created employment?

Amaechi created lots of jobs as Governor of Rivers State. From agriculture through the establishment of banana plantation, cassava farm and the massive Songhai farm project. His teachers training program had thousands of teachers employed. His Timariv project employed thousands.

He sent lots of students, hundreds of them overseas on scholarship, many of them came back and got employed.

His expansion of The Promise Franchise through a Public Private Partnership created hundreds of jobs.

To mention a few.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52am On May 17, 2020
PHijo:

Probably I are not conversant with the politics or you are biased. Amaechi 's war with GEJ even started before Jonathan became acting president!

Amaechi, Sylva and Uduaghan all worked against GEJ before he became acting president. Uduaghan was ready to reconcile, the rest were not.

The truth is, whatever has happened has happened and it will define Bayelsa/Rivers politics in many years to come.

Many who support Wike today do not support him because they like him, they take offence in Amaechi's actions. In fact, prior to Amaechi's betrayal, barely anyone disliked him in Rivers state. He was forgiven for the role he played in Odili's 8 years of waste, waste in all ramifications.

You are talking story. There is no fact in the claims that Amaechi worked against GEJ. Prior to the battle, Amaechi and GEJ were close. GEJ's highest vote in his election was through Amaechi's rigorous mobilisation for GEJ.

You just drown in Rumours.

Go and ask people now. Most in Port Harcourt confess they made a mistake. It was the other way around. GEJ sold Amaechi and betrayed him based on lies.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by membranus: 8:55am On May 17, 2020
MEGA4BILLION:
I stopped reading immediate I read this,

"However, I didn’t join politics because I wanted to be a leader or because I wanted to solve Nigeria’s problems. I joined because of unemployment."

Nigeria's problem can never and will never be solve with this set of rogues who sees politics as a career not a call to service.

So being honest to reveal his true motive for joining politics you now hate him.

But how much have those who "joined politics as a call to service" performed better than him in their posts?

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Mires: 8:57am On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

The modern train Minister, you are doing well Oiiin!!.. Rt Hon Rotimi Ameachi, we know the story Sir, you and your hungry buffoon cultist friend called Wike, Peterside and Magnus all where friends who ventured into politics as a young man after serving odili's intrest very well, its a shame greed got the best of some of you, especially Judas Wike who had decided to leave his friends to serve his new masters Madam Patience Jonathan

Even in US most out of Job Lawyers consider Politics, and that's why the have lots of baby lawyers in the congress, and Senators who are lawyers but refused to practice

My friend, with what you spit, you don't know any story. Some of the things Amaechi said in the interview are true . And some are lies. Wike wasn't greedy if you actually know the true story.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Jostoman: 8:58am On May 17, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Wike was the person behind turning GEJ against Amaechi. That was first class betrayal. Where do you think GEJ got the lies against Amaechi from to start fighting and suspending Amaechi from PDP?
is it wike that also told him not to decamp back to PDP before 2019 election. Amaechi betrayed himself and the people of River State because of money and position.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Chicastle: 9:00am On May 17, 2020
It is lag of electricity supply in Nigerian that led u in to joblessness and joblessness led you in to politics.

You see the power of electricity?. As I speak I am not even sure what If Nigerias minister of power can tell what ELOTRILYTE does in electricity
Now tell me how that one can think of creating over 10,000mgwts
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2020
Jostoman:
is it wike that also told him not to decamp back to PDP before 2019 election. Amaechi betrayed himself and the people of River State

Is that logical to you at all? Decamp from where he was with the ruling party?

Amaechi was suspended from the ruling party by GEJ. He went to APC and became part of the current ruling party. Why should he decamp when PDP had no guarantee strong hold. Saraki and Melaye decamped due to their loyalty ti Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Exc2000: 9:02am On May 17, 2020
Mires:

My friend, with what you spit, you don't know any story. Some of the things Amaechi said in the interview are true . And some are lies. Wike wasn't greedy if you actually know the true story.

I have heard the story countless times and no matter who is telling it Wike acted out of over ambition and greed being fooled by his new masters , The jonathans and the Odilis... a local government chairman, chief of staff, that thinks he has arrived after his oga nominated him to the higher table

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why We Handcuffed Metuh − NPS / Presidential Primary: Dollar Rain As Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal Divide PDP Leaders / President Buhari Sworn In For Second Term [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.