Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics (44547 Views)

Atiku/Obi Introduce FIFA (VAR) Analog Into Politics At 'The Candidates' / Emir Of Ilorin Cautions Kwara Govt Against Dragging Him Into Politics / Governor Badaru: Debts, Uncompleted Projects Nearly Drove Me Out Of Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by MEGA4BILLION(m): 9:14am On May 17, 2020
membranus:

So being honest to reveal his true motive for joining politics you now hate him.

But how much have those who "joined politics as a call to service" performed better than him in their posts?

point out just one hate word in my comment.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by optimus106(m): 9:19am On May 17, 2020
NigeriaB:

The love of the people. To safe our beloved country from a disastrous end.

Sorry, which Buhari do you mean?

grin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by YoungAncient1: 9:19am On May 17, 2020
Only in Nigeria would you find a man whose full time job is politics.
Rotimi: I never went into politics to serve or Change lives, I went there because I was unemployed and politics has got lots of money to throw around carelessly. I have been mining the nation since then.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by PHijo(m): 9:23am On May 17, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Apart from lies, how did anyone know Amaechi was promised VP slot, when Amaechi himself knew it was never a possibility?

The problem was that GEJ was too dumb to tell a lie from the truth. As soon as they lied to him that the best performing Governor, maybe the best in the History of Nigeria was promised his position, he stupidly reacted and started fighting one of the strongest politicians in the Niger Delta. GEJ drove Amaechi from PDP. Not the other way around.

Get your facts right.

Amaechi decided to leave PDP. Short and simple!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25am On May 17, 2020
PHijo:

That is a lie. Amaechi was suspended from the part for about a year or two before deciding to leave to save his political career. Do not change the narrative.

Amaechi was betrayed by GEJ, despite Amaechi being one of the best performing politicians in the History of the region. An action which turned out a political suicide by GEJ.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by PHijo(m): 9:29am On May 17, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

That is a lie. Amaechi was suspended from the part for about a year or two before deciding to leave to save his political career. Do not change the narrative.

Amaechi was betrayed by GEJ, despite Amaechi being one of the best performing politicians in the History of the region. An action which turned out a political suicide by GEJ.

Amaechi carried out anti party activities, it was obvious for everyone to see. The truth is, if Jonathan had the mindset of a typical Nigerian politician, there was NO WAY he would have 'lost' 2015. People would have died, perhaps even Amaechi. We thank God he was not like that, I hope Nigerian politicians change their negative attributes for good.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by desiredhome: 9:29am On May 17, 2020
Sheuns:

He doesn’t have solution to any of Nigeria’s problems. He clearly said he joined politics cos he had no job not because he wanted to be a leader or solve Nigeria’s problems. That’s how most of these so called politicians are. They joined politics to make money, SIMPLE. With what this man has said, I’m not surprised.

These is the mentality of almost all Nigerians......
Selfishness...... you get a job because of what you want to gain.... nobody is ready to build but to steal....
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by membranus: 9:33am On May 17, 2020
MEGA4BILLION:

point out just one hate word in my comment.

MEGA4BILLION:
I stopped reading immediate I read this,

"However, I didn’t join politics because I wanted to be a leader or because I wanted to solve Nigeria’s problems. I joined because of unemployment."

Nigeria's problem can never and will never be solve with this set of rogues who sees politics as a career not a call to service.

"this set of rogues"

Rogue is a hateful word.

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Afonanno: 9:38am On May 17, 2020
U write jamb no admission
U get admission go school small time strike
U graduate from school no employment

Now young ppl is doing multiple job and they talk say we lazy.....

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2020
PHijo:

Amaechi carried out anti party activities, it was obvious for everyone to see. The truth is, if Jonathan had the mindset of a typical Nigerian politician, there was NO WAY he would have 'lost' 2015. People would have died, perhaps even Amaechi. We thank God he was not like that, I hope Nigerian politicians change their negative attributes for good.

You guys are just carried away and drowned in lies.

Tell us one of the anti-party activities except the lies you people were fed with. Amaechi was the best performing Governor in Nigeria which was a big plus to PDP and painted the President in a very good light.

Leave all those mindset. The fact is that GEJ fighting his brother was not a good sign and a recipe for failure. How can a President sit down and just keep listening to lies and rumors.

GEJ betrayed Amaechi that was the fact?

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by desiredhome: 9:42am On May 17, 2020
Heathrow44:
He didn't go into politics t solve Nigeria's problem, do u mind!! Then y would sm1 go into politics without having d thought of making d state better than they met it!!!!!!! Maybe that's y he's underperforming!
Stop saying what you don't know.... everyone in Rivers State were happy during the first tenor of Rotimi Chibuike Amachi due to how he was transforming the state, the way the state was then was far better than it was before he became the governor,
What other development is better than free education, free Medicare, hospital at every community, etc....
Today Rivers State is in one chance they are destroying all the good work of Amachi

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by sulaak(m): 9:42am On May 17, 2020
lorbah001:
3 things drive economy..... technology, education, industrialization ( jobs,jobs and jobs).
It's a shame these ones aren't bothered.

One thing that drives an economy is a good and benevolent politician. Good politics who will shape the policies (strategies and planning) to support the implementation of technology, education and industrialisation.

These are some of the reasons why a brilliant technocrat like Iwealla, could thrive under OBJ, but was undermine and ignored by GEJ.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by PropertyBuying(f): 9:49am On May 17, 2020
Pr0cter:

Ok keep quiet. Don't you know it's when hunger hold you ideas starts springing up

That's the motivation.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by desiredhome: 9:51am On May 17, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
color=#000099]Some of Amaechi's legacies as Rivers Governor. [/color]

1) Over 200 modern primary & secondry schools equipped with Libraries and ICT Centres.

2) Over 100 primary health centres,fully equipped with resident Doctors.

3) Power Station in Afam built from scratch to finish

4) cassava processing factory, fish farm and banana plantation

5) dualization of Ada george rd,

6) ring road

7) greater PH development

cool Amesimaka stadium

9) G. U Ake road.

10) Dualization of igwuruta Rumukurusi rd) Nkpogu LNG, stadium and rumumasi roads. Akpajo woji golf estate bridge link rd, woji slaughter Garison rd, Songhai farm e.t.c

11) Over 2000 Rivers and non-Rivers indigenes benefited from the Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Special Overseas scholarship programme, a scheme designed to boost human capital development in Rivers State and the country.

They were in 10 countries of the world including the United Kingdom, Canada, United States, Singapore, India and Netherlands

Amaechi's achievements as Rivers State Governor are too many to mention.
Some bad belly people will not agree with you brother.... poverty will always blind their mind

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by desiredhome: 9:55am On May 17, 2020
PHijo:

Because patients Jonathan was using her influence as the president of Nigeria and at same time the party leader, to frustrate him out of the party

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Sheuns(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2020
desiredhome:

These is the mentality of almost all Nigerians......
Selfishness...... you get a job because of what you want to gain.... nobody is ready to build but to steal....

Sadly, that’s how most of we Nigerians are wired. It’s a natural phenomenon for human to be selfish, but what we possess most here is greed and covetousness.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by mkoabiola: 10:06am On May 17, 2020
Not now again.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2020
Sheuns:

He never said he joined politics to solve unemployment problems. Please read again.
Please read carefully and digest, he said he was auditioned but before appointment letter could come, he has already join politics. How does that amount to rejecting the job?

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by desiredhome: 10:19am On May 17, 2020
Sheuns:

Sadly, that’s how most of we Nigerians are wired. It’s a natural phenomenon for human to be selfish, but what we possess most here is greed and covetousness.

Yeah...Greed and covertousness of the highest order... sadly the church(most) that is suppose to preach against this evil are the one encouragingng it
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by smartest2020(m): 10:21am On May 17, 2020
So what lesson can we learn from this?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by AsawanaDgreat: 10:21am On May 17, 2020
Who is the author of this your story? I couldn't finish the write up.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Beolly(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2020
jhoeldony:
VERY HOT!!!
Foreign used Toyota Highlander 2013 for sale!!!
Price: 5.5M
stolen vehicle
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Halo22: 10:35am On May 17, 2020
One thing I like Amaechi for is his boldness and openness when making expressions. He doesn't mince words in speaking the truth, even though he behaves like a tout sometimes.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by lorbah001(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2020
I can't agree less sire
sulaak:

One thing that drives an economy is a good and benevolent politician. Good politics who will shape the policies (strategies and planning) to support the implementation of technology, education and industrialisation.

These are some of the reasons why a brilliant technocrat like Iwealla, could thrive under OBJ, but was undermine and ignored by GEJ.

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by COURVOISier(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2020
Dbeautyy:
How did you meet your wife?

It’s a funny story. We met at a friend’s wedding where she was the chief bridesmaid. We exchanged addresses but she gave me the wrong address. The address she gave me led me to a toilet in the university. Haba grin

And then she accepted as he was the special assistant to the governor of Rivers State grin

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by ikennaoma(m): 10:52am On May 17, 2020
I carefully read all comments. I only deduced that most people didn't read to the end.. ask anyone in Rivers State Ameachi is the best governor Rivers had. No one can beat his record.

His urban renewal initiative was superb. His unity schools, model schools, Hospitals, health centers, agricultural revolution and so many other projects he carried out.

Sentiments aside he empowered local contractors even with what wike is doing he's under performing when compared with Ameachi.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by NaijaChild: 10:55am On May 17, 2020
Esseite:
The same unemployemnt that has pushed you into politics has pushed more to robbery, ritual, drugs, terrorism and all sorts of crimes...

How has your Government approached the issue having first hand experience of it.

During his tenure as Governor, he employed about 13,000 persons as teachers. They are still working. He renovated the government schools and also did an agro-allied company called Songhai farm that employed people and boasted food production..these amongst others

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by adefund(m): 10:57am On May 17, 2020
Anyway it's a matter of time, let's see what another person would say or comment....check my signature for used and nearly new ipad air2 08035794030

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2020
Kingpele:
Ok, is a pity that some people here fail to comprehend the write up or they choose to be blinded by hate... If u ever want to amount to anything in life, appreciate God by respecting those who are on top. envy, jealousy and hatred will always keep you below them and their children forever. the minister was offered a job at NTA as a broadcaster, but he turned it down. and went into politics, to try to solve the problem of unemployment in our society. whether he succeeded or not is another topic for another day... It is not his personal unemployment that led him to politics... For those of u saying unemployment led people to robbery etc
Chai!! Go back and read what he said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ADC Nominates Tonto Dikeh As Deputy Governorship Candidate In Rivers / Nigerians React As Senator Dino Melaye Speaks From Hospital Bed / Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.