Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack (6868 Views)

Girl's Mum In Shock After Finding A Big Cucumber In Her Bag (pics/video) / My Fiancée Pussy Hole Is Tight And Needle-like (Help). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Angelacruz: 5:35pm On May 17, 2020
Story
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 17, 2020
arthorjnr:

You know the funny thing about all of this?
You, OP will see a good man and deem him "too good".
Women are fickle in the way they think.
I don't know your age but I bet when you were younger, you loved those so called bad boys, the ones that you know, had the whole player aura around them.
The good guys stood no chance with you. You prolly hurt and ignored some along the line.
Now, you're all grown up, you want the good MAN to settle with. Truth is, most of them gave up on being good to females, they gave up on honesty and decided to be the guy that gets the girl. lol.
Here's the twist, most of these tough guy wannabes ARE the good men.
Masquerading and waiting for that GOOD woman!!
Ariza's comment up there is key to unmasking them.

But then again, we stress ourselves playing ourselves. A vicious cycle of lies, broken trust and revenge. The game is a bitch innit.

Your last paragraph is so pertinent to my discourse above. How can we undo these web of lies, deception, broken trust/promises and revenge?
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by ReluctantAdult(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
I am sure ladies you can all relate with this, many women all believe that all men are nice but in fact they are shy, sly and slick. Women get carried away and get loved up and think love is true but these men walk all over women

Many women do not look before they leap and end up in deep water. So ladies, guard your heart, play hard to get or you will regret the day you were born when he leaves you for another woman/man because "Good men are like finding a needle in a haystack".
There are no 'good' people. The sooner you realise this, the better for you. The only thing you can do is, compromise. I tolerate your flaws, you tolerate mine.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 17, 2020
ReluctantAdult:
There are no 'good' people. The sooner you realise this, the better for you. The only thing you can do is, compromise. I tolerate your flaws, you tolerate mine.
. I am a good person cry
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by ReluctantAdult(m): 5:49pm On May 17, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
. I am a good person cry
You've got flaws. No question about that.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Olochee: 5:50pm On May 17, 2020
Just burn the haystack then...
You'll find ya needle.

Simple

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Decryptor(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
I am sure ladies you can all relate with this, many women all believe that all men are nice but in fact they are shy, sly and slick. Women get carried away and get loved up and think love is true but these men walk all over women

Many women do not look before they leap and end up in deep water. So ladies, guard your heart, play hard to get or you will regret the day you were born when he leaves you for another woman/man because "Good men are like finding a needle in a haystack".

So you think that "playing hard to get will make a man not walk over you?"

Seems you are in kindergarten!

All these pointers you made here are where men fall victim and not the women.

Ladies are approached by over 10 men in a day so they sit back and pick those who can foot their bills without caring whether the guy in question cares about their feelings. Then when another lady with the same mindset who is more endowed comes along and the man feels he has had his fill with you and decides to kick you one corner, you run to social media and cry blue murder like you are doing now.

You ladies deserve the kind of men who treat you like that since you all deliberately go for them over material stuff and ignore the "good guys" who honestly love and care for you.

So please nurse your wounds jejely as a result of the wrong choices you made and leave men out of it.

Thank you!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by arthorjnr(m): 5:52pm On May 17, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
[/b]

Your last paragraph is so pertinent to my discourse above. How can we undo these web of lies, deception, broken trust/promises and revenge?

Love
Honesty
Communication
Forgiveness

We humans are flawed, we are not perfect. We'll make mistakes and we'll learn from them.
People confuse the learning part. A broken relationship did not teach you how to cheat, lie, revenge and all that stuff. You're stressing.
Rather it thought you how to handle those, how to see those coming a mile away and how to avoid those. You becoming a monster was your decision, FACT.

People just have to know that life isn't a bed of roses. Bad things happen. How we handle them is what matters.

If you want to change the world, start by changing yourself and staying strong. Someone is always watching.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by mamaafrik(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2020
Same mentality that made some silly women clock 40 unmarried,from my close experience,There are good men but do your orientation allow you to accept them?

Your want a ready-made man when you are are close to ready yourself,when you have attitude problem,how much are you ready to bring to the table
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

3 Likes

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by ThothHermes: 6:28pm On May 17, 2020
Ariza:
If you like play hard to get from now till kingdom come, if he will leave after hitting it, he will leave

My advice :Don't find a Good Man, its not your job. Be a good woman and pick out of the good Men you attract. That's your job.
...and that's how she became a feminist grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by CosmicJames(m): 7:38pm On May 17, 2020
ReluctantAdult:
If you don't think or accept the fact that there are good and bad people in the same world, then consider the reality of light and darkness inhabiting the same universe.

There is light and darkness in this world, so also are good and bad people everywhere.

However, good people are not in abundance as bad people

2 Likes

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by ReluctantAdult(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2020
CosmicJames:

If you don't think or accept the fact that there are good and bad people in the same world, then consider the reality of light and darkness inhabiting the same universe.

There is light and darkness in this world, so also are good and bad people everywhere.

However, good people are not in abundance as bad people
You wanna go philosophical?

Let's start by defining 'good'. I'm I a good person if I rob a bank but donate to charity?

What I'm saying is, we can't be good and bad exclusively. We are all good and bad depending on who we are and the circumstances that influence us.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by CosmicJames(m): 8:00pm On May 17, 2020
ReluctantAdult:
You wanna go philosophical?

Let's start by defining 'good'. I'm I a good person if I rob a bank but donate to charity?

What I'm saying is, we can't be good and bad exclusively. We are all good and bad depending on who we are and the circumstances that influence us.
Your previous comment doesn't agree with this one. Excluding the good side of humanity is wrong. Including both good and bad side is right.

There is no good way of doing a bad thing.

2 Likes

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Sixfeetbelle: 9:10pm On May 17, 2020
Decryptor:

Ladies are approached by over 10 men in a day so they sit back and pick those who can foot their bills without caring whether the guy in question cares about their feelings. Then when another lady with the same mindset who is more endowed comes along and the man feels he has had his fill with you and decides to kick you one corner, you run to social media and cry blue murder like you are doing now.

You ladies deserve the kind of men who treat you like that since you all deliberately go for them over material stuff and ignore the "good guys" who honestly love and care for you.

So please nurse your wounds jejely as a result of the wrong choices you made and leave men out of it.

Thank you!

False narrative. Seriously though, where do y'all get this statistics from?
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 17, 2020
its actually easy to get a good man

2 Likes

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Sixfeetbelle: 9:12pm On May 17, 2020
mamaafrik:
[s]Same mentality that made some silly women clock 40 unmarried,from my close experience,There are good men but do your orientation allow you to accept them?

Your want a ready-made man when you are are close to ready yourself,when you have attitude problem,how much are you ready to bring to the table
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh[/s]

Please, grow up. Repeating an overused line betrays the level of ignorance you possess.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by khia: 9:18pm On May 17, 2020
EdEdEddy:

Story, story.

Me pretty sure, your dad is a good man and your mom found him.
Not necessarily true.

I love Ed, Ed and Eddy. grin
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by otherway: 9:23pm On May 17, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

I disagree o. Good men are everywhere but ladies prefer the bad guys.

You see a good guy they say he is too short not fine, does not have a good job, lack poor fashion sense bla bla... But when they see a cute demon their clitoris will not let them rest until the guy strikes it and they latter start lamenting.

Ladies are confused set of people.

3 Likes

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 17, 2020
khia:
Not necessarily true.
I love Ed, Ed and Eddy. grin

Don't we all. Cn
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 2:13am On May 18, 2020
ThothHermes:
...and that's how she became a feminist grin grin grin
You almost made sense.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by KenBen217: 3:50am On May 18, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

how do you find a needle in a haystack?? use a magnet( Tony Stark)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by DreManuel(m): 4:34am On May 18, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

What’s your definition of a good man?

Playing hard to get doesn’t work. Well, let me speak for myself; it doesn’t work on me. It won’t make me love a woman more or less. I’m not also claiming to be a “good” man. Only God is good.

Water seeks its own level. If you want a “good” man, be a good woman. Stop taking relationship advice from your friends who are not in good relationships themselves. They will get you confused and might even encourage you to leave the “good” guy when you find him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by mrblessed(m): 6:19am On May 18, 2020
Your quotation is even truer for the womenfolk than it is for men. That is why the bible says "He who finds a women..." It means that a lot of women are bad, therefore, men have to do a lot of work in other to find a good one. There is local maxim which says that women abound but wife is scarce.

If you look critically around your community, you would find that ladies are speedily disconnecting themselves from our traditional values, are becoming more prone to all kinds of social vices and less inclined to rationality, and majority of them lack what it takes to build a home, alongside with a man. It is true that men equally have their shortcomings but the topic centres on women.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Allsingles: 6:53am On May 18, 2020
You attract who you are and who you are not.
A good woman will only attract a good man and also it will take a wise woman to know a good man.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 7:16am On May 18, 2020
DreManuel:

What’s your definition of a good man?

Playing hard to get doesn’t work. Well, let me speak for myself; it doesn’t work on me. It won’t make me love a woman more or less. I’m not also claiming to be a “good” man. Only God is good.

Water seeks its own level. If you want a “good” man, be a good woman. Stop taking relationship advice from your friends who are not in good relationships themselves. They will get you confused and might even encourage you to leave the “good” guy when you find him.

And when you offer it on a plate on the first day, the same men will call you an "Olosho" or a "Runs girl". It's seems this is a losing game for women which ever way they play it.

2 Likes

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 7:18am On May 18, 2020
Allsingles:
You attract who you are and who you are not.
A good woman will only attract a good man and also it will take a wise woman to know a good man.

That's a wrong statement, we know how many good women get damaged by men and vice versa. Good people get hoodwinked by the dishonest and disingenuous people.

2 Likes

Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 7:25am On May 18, 2020
mrblessed:
Your quotation is even truer for the womenfolk than it is for men. That is why the bible says "He who finds a women..." It means that a lot of women are bad, therefore, men have to do a lot of work in other to find a good one. There is local maxim which says that women abound but wife is scarce.

If you look critically around your community, you would find that ladies are speedily disconnecting themselves from our traditional values, are becoming more prone to all kinds of social vices and less inclined to rationality, and majority of them lack what it takes to build a home, alongside with a man. It is true that men equally have their shortcomings but the topic centres on women.

You are part of the problem so it's just the women who have untangled themselves from cultural norms and the men are abiding by the traditional rules? Are they courting women appropriately? Are they not demanding s.......e.......x as if it's their birth right? Are they being noble and honourable? Are they being respectful to women? No is my answer to all the questions.

It's a patriarchal society so why don't the men lead from the front? Men started this decay we see in society today by demanding for s......e....... x without doing right by the woman. It used to be court the woman, marry her then have s........e........x. In today's world, it's have s.........e........x with her, dump her and move on to the next victim.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 7:27am On May 18, 2020
lefulefu:
its actually easy to get a good man

Pray tell how? They are very elusive in today's society.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 7:28am On May 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

False narrative. Seriously though, where do y'all get this statistics from?

Bad advice passed on from fellow broken comrades.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 7:30am On May 18, 2020
Decryptor:

Thank you!

Very cruel man. You will have daughters one day, we need solutions rather than men thinking this is a woman only problem. Society is made up of men and women and both parties should be emotionally, physically and mentally sound for society to thrive and not just survive.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 7:32am On May 18, 2020
mamaafrik:
Same mentality that made some silly women clock 40 unmarried,from my close experience,There are good men but do your orientation allow you to accept them?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Sick mentality that is killing society. You will have daughters one day, this same decayed mentality will affect her too. Proffer solutions rather than dismissing this as a woman only problem.
Re: Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack by Nobody: 7:41am On May 18, 2020
ALL MEN ARE GOOD AND ALL WOMEN ARE GOOD, if u marry the one that is not comparable with your lifestyle, that is when u say he or she is not good. Take for example, you are the type of man that your mom and sister use to wash cloths for, cook for and you went to go and marry a type of woman that don't do any of that and when she was at her father house she has a maid that run that for her and you marry her u see that there will be a problem, or You are the hot temper Man, you went to go and marry a Godzilla type of character lady, you see that u just brought hell to your own planet earth,
When u marry Comparable soul mate to your home u will experience peace, and joy... or for example you are the type that forget things easily and now you marry a girl that forgets his ATM pin a minute after she activate it you see that when you go out for a very important event u are going to forget important things too so we all are not perfect u just have to marry your better half, you see why it is called a better half because it compresses of the attributes you are not good for the lady or man will complete it for you..... I have different example let me say this last one or you are someone that talks too much and you went to go and marry a talker too a worst more talker well you should have marry a listener, that is how it should be well life is about comparability.. also with sex too that is why men and lady have problem everyday filling internet with issues that that can be easily solve from the start now that they are in real problem they can't get out.... #haystack

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I And My Cousin's Sister Are In Love / My Boss Is Up To Something... / Guys Only.... (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.