Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context (2475 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Pregnant, I Want To Know If I Am The Father Of The Child / Nigerian Man Dated A White Girl Who Owns A Pet Snake / Ehi Ogbebor Gets Engaged, 10 Years After A Divorce & Two Kids (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by missimelda01(f): 9:17am On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:

Keep masturbating on ur assumed better person
Hiding behind 100naira sub and insulting someone that can feed you for life grin

I hope you don't chase away your destiny helper with your bad character.. it isn't funny, just so you know.
Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by DenreleDave(m): 9:21am On May 19, 2020
missimelda01:

Hiding behind 100naira sub and insulting someone that can feed you for life grin

I hope you don't chase away your destiny helper with your bad character.. it isn't funny, just so you know.

If u were a destiny helper, then a nairaland comment which is just a joke is not suppose to take a destiny helper from one?

And what if I am ur destiny helper or in ur small mind, you think destiny helper is associated with money alone?

Ma'am, think beyond ur scope ma

Anybody below or above ur income or standard of living may be ur destiny helper or life saver...

Na WA oo, ordinary comment, she Don dey link am to destiny helper.

Naija people ehnnn
Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by DenreleDave(m): 9:25am On May 19, 2020
missimelda01:

Though I was on ban for sometimes but av seen u make some unfavorable word against men even when it shud not be..
Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by elveco: 8:38pm On May 21, 2020
IvarDboneless:

your observations are 100%
yes am a Christian
how do I DM

Sorry just seeing your message. I will DM you now, respond in your mail.

Thank you.
Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by elveco: 9:16pm On May 21, 2020
blackpanthar:

This is a deep issue, please also talk to the lady.... She does not have good counselors. I wish missimelda01 could talk sense to her

Its well. Know that there many factors mitigating against marriages, hence one can be sincerely wrong. Also decision making they say is easy if there is no contradiction in one's value system. Thanks
Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by Mysteriousworld: 12:07am On Dec 06, 2023
elveco:

The fact remains that the lady in question is not yet ready for marriage. Still under parental influence, and her parents are not helping matters either. She needs to break free from parental influence first.

Dear OP, parting ways is not the best option for now, its not an easy path. It might disorganize you, leaving you with no chance of recovery.

Are you a Christian? If yes, DM let's talk.

Thank you

Hi
Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by Amumaigwe: 7:10am On Dec 06, 2023
Ningen:

Yes.

Bro you made life together with your wife, a beautiful child, put your differences aside and try to nuture it together. Don't give up just yet.

Put in effort even if it's onesided from you.
Make her fall in love with you.

When you get her back, don't try to 'control' her because she'd put up resistance. It's not about feminism. It's human nature to react like that.

So the man should fight for the marriage involving a disinterested partner. Are you so naive that you cannot interprete what that attitude coming from a woman in relationship means? Children everywhere.
Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by Amumaigwe: 7:22am On Dec 06, 2023
HeavenlyCherub:

Is your mom the child’s mom? Don’t let your children grow up resenting you because you robbed them of having a relationship with their own mother. No one owns the children in a divorce. Your children are human beings and not furniture.

Op you sound controlling. You need therapy. The fact that you think you should be able to tell your wife what to do is disturbing. If you advise your woman in love and guidance she will listen as opposed to you telling her what to do as a robot.

Why does she have to understand you? why can’t you also try understand her? Life has 2 sides, you need to compromise and meet halfway..

You have a typical mentality of a feminist that make you all fail in relationship or marriage. You don't want anyone to control your excesses, yet all of you are dying to have a husband.

A husband is called a groom for a reason. His job involves pruning the wives excesses and conforming her with the vision and direction he wants the marriage to go in the interest of the home. This will also help in protecting the wife from dangers and temptations which they are naturally not equipped to contain by themselves, thereby saving the man unnecessary crisis management.

If you don't anticipate being controlled or corrected, then no need getting married because it will always end in divorce.

Be wise.
Re: After A Divorce Who Owns The Child In A Nigerian Context by Qatar2022: 7:52am On Dec 06, 2023
IvarDboneless:
Hello friends..I greet all of una.

please I need more insight on this from our matured and experience couple's in the house.

I am planning on divorcing my wife and we have a baby together (she will be a year and 3months this month) and she's threatening to have custody of the baby and I want to go pick her up and take her to my mum but I am a little bit confused so please I need more insight on this....

NB: after our marriage things got worst for me and I had to move her to her parent house after she declined going to our own house reason because she feels more at home in her parent house (that's what she said) but once in a while she visits our own house. we finally finished our own building with furnishing and i insisted she move to my parents after complaining Everytime about money and things not so well at her own parents( she's the last child of 7children 4 girls 3boys and she is the only one married and they all still stay at home, with there parent, the girls) but she always find one excuse or the order not to go stay at my parents..my mum is a very kind woman and she always want to help in her own way but I still don't know why she can't leave her parent house..well this is not the reason am divorcing her anyway bexause this is just a tip of the iceberg..she believes she is a feminist and can not be told what to do anytime we have an argument...well don't want to bore you all with everything have been going through...
just more insight about the heading above please..kids please stay away matured minds only..thanks
You will hardly get the child

(1) (2) (Reply)

See how a man caught his wife having sex with another man in their room[VIDEO] / Oh Lord I Have Simped / As A Man Is It Wrong For You To Kiss Your Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.