Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? (3606 Views)

How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? / Does My Fiancée Love Me? / I Asked My New Gf What She Likes About Me,she Said This. Now Am Losing My Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 10:42am On May 18, 2020
Good morning everyone.
I am in a relationship with this young girl who is six years younger than I am. I intend to marry her In the next four years.
I'd like to give a little about the relationship for clarity purpose.

I am a 24 years old graduate (BSc) and completed my NYSC last year November. Even though my parents are financially doing ok, I stayed back in my state of service trying to establish myself and find something to do because I love to be independent and think well for myself. In fact my girlfriend loves me for that single attribute.

Until this pandemic, I was doing some little job (teaching) while seeking the greener grounds. I had to return home to my parents in my state (also her state of origin and residence) because of the COVID-19. The pandemic has really affected my hustle.

Even though we don't stay in the same location, we have a house in her own area but we only go there when need arises.

I promised her that I will come visit but each time I try, it fails due to one thing or the other. The Lockdown in my state made things worst. The road is opened only at weekends (Friday through to Sunday). I have made several attempts but it failed.

Last weekend, I scheduled to go down to where she is (it was all set 100%) but before the weekend, she told me that she is in town, a little closer to where I stay to look after one of her sick uncles. I asked how she passed the security personnel on the road she said they lied to them that she is sick and are going to a big hospital.

When it was time for me to honor my words of going down to her I asked her where actually she is and she told me that she is back home so I can come over . I sensed that she was lying to me so I asked why she had to lie to me about that. And she said she wanted me to feel the pain of turning someone as I was doing to her. I apologized because I am quick in saying I am sorry.

I still insisted on the lie she told me and I pleaded that she should be more straightforward to me because sometimes she doesn't talk straightforward and she'd later come and say she was joking. it caused a big problem for us. In fact I reminded her that I have never lied to her for once. She was angry and never wanted to even hear sorry. I left her for the night. The next day I called her again and we talked normal but with reservations.

Yesterday we got talking and she told me this and I quote..." I can take anything from you now but if I change my mind, it will be difficult" I asked why she said that and she insisted that she doesn't say things anyhow.

Please note that I have been the only one saying the I'm sorry.
No apologies from her.

I do not want to make mistake about my marriage. This girl seem unforgiving. And my own heart is a simple one I say sorry even when I'm not at fault.

Your advice is needed pls.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by ifex370(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2020
Spark2:
Good morning everyone.
I am in a relationship with this young girl who is six years younger than I am. I intend to marry her In the next four years.

I am a 24 years old graduate (BSc) and completed my NYSC last year November. Even though my parents are financially doing ok, I stayed back in my state of service trying to establish myself and find something to do because I love to be independent and think well for myself. In fact my girlfriend loves me for that single attribute.

Until this pandemic, I was doing some little job (teaching) while seeking the greener one. I had to return home to my state (also her state of origin and residence) because of the COVID-19.

Even though we don't stay in the same location, we have a house in her own area but we only go there when need arises.

I promised her that I will come visit but each time I try it fails due to one reason or the other. The Lockdown in my state made things worst. The road is opened only at weekends (Friday through to Sunday). I have made several attempts but it failed.

Last weekend, I scheduled 100% to go down to where she is (it was all set) but before the weekend, she told me that she is in town, a little closer to where I stay to look after one of her sick uncles. I asked how she passed the security personnel on the road she said they lied to them that she is sick and are going to a big hospital.

When it was time for me to honor my words of going down to her I asked her where actually she is and she told me that she is back home so I can come over . I sensed that she was lying to me so I asked why she had to lie to me about that. And she said she wanted me to feel the pain of turning someone as I was doing to her. I apologized because I am quick in saying I am sorry.

I still insisted on the lie she told me and it caused a big problem for us. In fact I reminded her that I have never lied to her for once. She was angry and never wanted to even hear sorry. I left her for the night. The next day I called her again and we talked normal but with reservations.

Yesterday we got talking and she told me this and I quote..." I can take anything from you now but if I change my mind, it will be difficult" I asked why she said that and she insisted that she doesn't say things anyhow.

No apologies from her.

I do not want to make mistake about my marriage. This girl seem unforgiving. And my own heart is a simple one I say sorry even when I'm not at fault.

Thanks in advance.

Piece of advice. "Stop wasting your time on girls between ages 16-23"

12 Likes

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Shellsploit: 10:49am On May 18, 2020
ifex370:

They are all confused like the picture below!

8 Likes

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Sammy07: 10:52am On May 18, 2020
Na wa oooo.
Pls, is it too hard to quit in a relationship

1 Like

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by lanibi(f): 10:55am On May 18, 2020
She seems young and naive.
Op calm down and go see her. Keeping a LDR can be draining.
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by spyg1(m): 10:56am On May 18, 2020
Getting married to a 18years old is already a mistake, my brother.
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Ningen(m): 10:59am On May 18, 2020
I can take anything from you now but if I change my mind, it will be difficult.

It means she's only TOLERATING you.
It also means you're wasting your time.

Invest that energy into empowering yourself.

When an “apology” is one-sided in a relationship you should know that you're DATING YOURSELF.

5 Likes

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Zabiboy: 11:00am On May 18, 2020

Your parents are financially ok....thats great..
You are not yet financially ok but you are hustling....thats good..
Now my advice...
Leave girls alone and focus on yourself and your dreams...
So far the girl hasnt finished Uni and even NYSC, brother, you are wasting your time..
Those who have gone through NYSC camp would understand what i'm talking about
GL cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Camelo: 11:05am On May 18, 2020
Why is that only guys complain about their girlfriends and relationships here something is really wrong somewhere.Guys pls be a man and handle it relationship issues or u workout.I believe relationship is pure scam is better to sleep around when u are ready to marry u look for a wife and settle down,Abeg na who get strength dey do relationship.....
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Fidelismaria: 11:11am On May 18, 2020
What?

24yrs wants to marry 18yr old

TF?

that girl is way too young to be in a relationship

2 Likes

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Seandisputed(m): 11:12am On May 18, 2020
Lwkmd See wetin 18 years old girl dey do you

3 Likes

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:16am On May 18, 2020
ifex370:

Thanks for joining the conversation.
I would like to marry at 28 and I'd like to marry a lady younger than I am. One important thing to me is that I need to spend some years (2-4) in a relationship to ensure I make the right decision. Can you pls strike a balance between this sir?

1 Like

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:17am On May 18, 2020
Shellsploit:

Lol
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:18am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:
Na wa oooo.
Pls, is it too hard to quit in a relationship

Never at all. Thanks for your contribution
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by PUSSYHOE(m): 11:18am On May 18, 2020
hoes will be hoes
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Shormiey(m): 11:19am On May 18, 2020
Spark2:
Good morning everyone.

Until this pandemic, I was doing some little job (teaching) while seeking the greener grounds. I had to return home to my parents in my state (also her state of origin and residence) because of the COVID-19. The pandemic has really affected my hustle.

I promised her that I will come visit but each time I try, it fails due to one thing or the other. The Lockdown in my state made things worst. The road is opened only at weekends (Friday through to Sunday). I have made several attempts but it failed.

Last weekend, I scheduled to go down to where she is (it was all set 100%) but before the weekend, she told me that she is in town, a little closer to where I stay to look after one of her sick uncles. I asked how she passed the security personnel on the road she said they lied to them that she is sick and are going to a big hospital.

I still insisted on the lie she told me and I pleaded that she should be more straightforward to me because sometimes she doesn't talk straightforward and she'd later come and say she was joking. it caused a big problem for us. In fact I reminded her that I have never lied to her for once. She was angry and never wanted to even hear sorry. I left her for the night. The next day I called her again and we talked normal but with reservations.

No apologies from her.

Thanks in advance.
She is playing your head like balls....
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:19am On May 18, 2020
lanibi:
She seems young and naive.
Op calm down and go see her. Keeping a LDR can be draining.

Truly draining. Thanks for your wonderful contribution
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Mypeople2(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2020
Shellsploit:

grin grin
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:21am On May 18, 2020
spyg1:
Getting married to a 18years old is already a mistake, my brother.

She will be 22 years in the next four years. Which is ok by me. Her age notwithstanding, she behaves older than her age
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:24am On May 18, 2020
Ningen:

It means she's only TOLERATING you.
It also means you're wasting your time.

Invest that energy into empowering yourself.

When an “apology” is one-sided in a relationship you should know that you're DATING YOURSELF.

Thanks for joining the conversation. Feels happy reading your mature contribution. It's invaluable
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:25am On May 18, 2020
Camelo:
Why is that only guys complain about their girlfriends and relationships here something is really wrong somewhere.Guys pls be a man and handle it relationship issues or u workout.I believe relationship is pure scam is better to sleep around when u are ready to marry u look for a wife and settle down,Abeg na who get strength dey do relationship.....

Haha quite funny.
Thanks for joining the conversation
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Darato: 11:26am On May 18, 2020
What guts do men really have to date a 18year old baby What does an 18 year old know about marriage or love You people that date 18 year old, what do you people talk about Toys, dolls or what I can bet that 18 years knows nothing about marriage except for the gifts, hair, shoes, money, clothes and maybe the sex they get from the guy and when they don’t get it anymore, they will carry their pounded yam to go and look for soup somewhere else. They will continue that way till they are matured and know what marriage is as in when the future dawns on them but before then, they are still in the wonder land just like Alice.
Op go and look for your fellow level and leave babies alone for dem babies unless if your IQ is still of that of an 18 year old then the two of you can be playing sand sand together.
If you have not read the book Atonement you are missing. It’s a practical and educative book for everyone.
Contact me for resume writing, cover letter, LinkedIn optimization, read my signature and call me NOW

5 Likes

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:27am On May 18, 2020
Zabiboy:

Your parents are financially ok....thats great..
You are not yet financially ok but you are hustling....thats good..
Now my advice...
Leave girls alone and focus on yourself and your dreams...
So far the girl hasnt finished Uni and even NYSC, brother, you are wasting your time..
Those who have gone through NYSC camp would understand what i'm talking about
GL cool

Haha that's true. Thanks for your contribution
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Mypeople2(m): 11:29am On May 18, 2020
Spark2:

I would like to marry at 28 and I'd like to marry a lady younger than I am. One important thing to me is that I need to spend some years (2-4) in a relationship to ensure I make the right decision. Can you pls strike a balance between this sir?
Don't worry, you meet the right lady when you are ready .These ones are kids that do not know anything about life or responsibility. Lest I forget, you mustn't date for 4years before you know a person.Those that are married know what I am talking about

2 Likes

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:32am On May 18, 2020
Fidelismaria:
What?

24yrs wants to marry 18yr old

TF?

that girl is way too young to be in a relationship

Thanks a lot sir. In the next four years it'll be "28 years wants to marry 22 years" which is cool.

The girl is young to be in a relationship , I think I'm agreeing to this.

1 Like

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:34am On May 18, 2020
Seandisputed:
Lwkmd
See wetin 18 years old girl dey do you

Sounds funny right?
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 18, 2020
You are 24 and she is 18? You both are children, if you get married today, mark my words, you will both be divorced before either of you turn 30.

Live a little, enjoy your life as a bachelor level up your finances and date women around your age. Take care.

1 Like

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:37am On May 18, 2020
Shormiey:

She is playing your head like balls....

Hahaha thanks for joining the conversation
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:39am On May 18, 2020
Darato:
What guts do men really have to date a 18year old baby What does an 18 year old know about marriage or love You people that date 18 year old, what do you people talk about Toys, dolls or what I can bet that 18 years knows nothing about marriage except for the gifts, hair, shoes, money, clothes and maybe the sex they get from the guy and when they don’t get it anymore, they will carry their pounded yam to go and look for soup somewhere else. They will continue that way till they are matured and know what marriage is as in when the future dawns on them but before then, they are still in the wonder land just like Alice.
Op go and look for your fellow level and leave babies alone for dem babies unless if your IQ is still of that of an 18 year old then the two of you can be playing sand sand together.
If you have not read the book Atonement you are missing. It’s a practical and educative book for everyone.
Contact me for resume writing, cover letter, LinkedIn optimization, read my signature and call me NOW

Thanks, your contribution is price less

1 Like

Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:41am On May 18, 2020
Mypeople2:
Don't worry, you meet the right lady when you are read .These ones are kids that do not know anything about life or responsibility. Lest I forget, you mustn't date for 4years before you know a person.Those that are married know what I am talking about

Truly!
Your words are priceless
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by Spark2: 11:42am On May 18, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
You are 24 and she is 18? You both are children, if you get married today, mark my words, you will both be divorced before either of you turn 30.

Live a little, enjoy your life as a bachelor level up your finances and date women around your age. Take care.

Thanks for joining the conversation. We hope to marry in the next four years. But her attitude is a red light to me.
Re: What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me? by drLammy(m): 11:48am On May 18, 2020
Egungun be careful.... You know the rest

(1) (2) (Reply)

What About You, Do You Like Them Young Or Old? / Ever Had Encounter With A Lady Who Is Too Naughty And Wild / Distress Sale: Fairly Used Generator For Sale (Graphic pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.