Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60258 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Afamed: 8:07pm On May 18, 2020
PeachtreeReside:
Don't allow him stay a minute in your house.

What if something had gone wrong when you left his house that night

If you can, rent a hotel for him for 3days. Don't eat or drink if you have to hang out.

Wisdom is key. Yes, you have forgiven him, would you put yourself in the position to be harmed ?

No no sister. If he had died, he wouldn't have been able to prove the testimony. God purposely kept him alive, so for the guy to witness the testimony.
To me, he should welcome him and treat him welaaa as long as he's not posing any threat to him.
The Conscience will definitely be the judge. I will on my own behave as if nothing had happened

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by igbarasdynasty: 8:07pm On May 18, 2020
Keep your friends CLOSE and your enemies CLOSER... He's your friend, keep him close and not closer...... Your enemy doesnt know much about you, your friend does!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Martinez39s(m): 8:07pm On May 18, 2020
You are asking what you should do and if you should let him into your house? Well, let him in, treat him like a king, and buy him gifts. SMH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Perkins1: 8:07pm On May 18, 2020
Everything you wrote is a lie sir
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by St0ne: 8:07pm On May 18, 2020
Yes they are. Mine thought me how to make money.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by airminem(f): 8:08pm On May 18, 2020
Op, see things as they are. Not how you want them to be.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Dinho20(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2020
"HMMMM"

LOVE IS BLIND.

4 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by EngrEgghead: 8:08pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
Forgiveness is not foolishness o. You should be very careful of people who hurt you in the past, lest they hurt you again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by ikorodureporta: 8:08pm On May 18, 2020
That guy go just slaughter you for night

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Stillthebest: 8:09pm On May 18, 2020
kiss

Lol, Forgive him. Isnt that enough!

Dont take him in. Never should you act like a dundee United again. A bad fellow is a bad fellow. Dont do anything for God as per his case. At least not in terms of being close to him. God doesn't show endorsements to every kindness.

He can't be of any help to you. Even if he is going to, he will first take you for a ride for it, then later tell it to people how he has helped you.

Maintain a "close circuit" with worthy people. If I tell you about what friends have done to me. How two ran away with my millions at different times Just because I trust them.

Treat people exactly the way they treat you Pls.

As to your question: yes there are good friends. I have one. He is fantastic. He is great. He might even love me more than I do him.

But still I try to be careful.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ebenezerk2: 8:09pm On May 18, 2020
Your own was still ok, I was having an accommodation problem, I didn't have much on me, my brother sent money to one of his friends to get me an accommodation, the money was transferred to his account, and he stopped picking our calls, Nigerians in abroad are the most wicked people I have ever seen
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by tranxo(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

If I cut him off,it will not affect my work bro,am totally independent now,so I get where you are coming from
Then turn your back on him. He is not your friend. But don't see him as an enemy either.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Exmilitant(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2020
Why not tell him you are still hurting from what he did to you at...(whatever country you had in mind) and who says you have made it with 2m? And a rented flat?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by F3dan: 8:10pm On May 18, 2020
joceey:
Pls i beg u in the name of GOD ,don't let the guy come to your house or know your place and the way u made it in the street he abandoned u don't go into details with him.When he arrives naija tell him u re not available ,don't be surprised that guy can lie you scamed him or he is coming to steal or destroy such type of guys are toxic ,stay away from him be wise.
Op please be wise, listen to this advise.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Bloghomies(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2020
I have assessed op's personality. Despite the numerous "Don't let him in", he will finally let him in due to his softness, weakness, and vulnerability to external control.

This friend of his is a master manipulator, and he will score another goal that will still bring Op back on NL frontpage.

Op, if you know what is good for you, don't let that boy come close to you. If he does, you won't be able to say no.

You know your greatest weakness, inability to say NO even when your mind and heart said you should.

Shalom!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ytea(f): 8:10pm On May 18, 2020
When my Uncle travelled abroad, my cousin didn't take him in. Op your case is small, just thank God for life. Be the bigger person by accommodating him if you feel so, if not, you owe him nothing or no one explanations.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by osazsky(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2020
Lavisha:
your friend must be an igbo
yoruba
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Idiotmod: 8:11pm On May 18, 2020
Don't allow him into your house
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Modikko(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2020
If truly what you wrote happened between the two of you, then my candid advice to you is stay away from this person, he is not to be called a friend. Friendship requires absolute loyalty, and may our loyalty to our friends never be questioned. As you have forgiven but not forgotten, this is a good one, but make sure you never open your doors to him, not to even allow him pass the night in your apartment coz such person can even poison or kill you. A word is enough for the wise
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by slyfox35(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2020
lekki1444:
so you have thhis type of venom in you but you are acting like a pussy to an idiot who clearly is not your friend ? what is it about this your friend that makes you so soft hearted for him ? does he have more swagger than you ? is he extremely hanndsome and you like having him around ? do you consider it a privillege to have a friend like him seeing as he is more handsome or more swaggalicious ? what exactly is it about him cuz i know there is some attraction to him most sane people would have thrown his number in the bin
Lol,you are funny but right,the venom in me was aimed at that guy because he does not know the pain I passed through and he spilled rubbish about it,truth is nothing about him is drawn to me,I mean we were once friends but not anymore to me,maybe my weak point is apologies and too much of conscience on my part...but that’s why I came for advice,and I think I will go with majority here
And PS,I am perfectly sane

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by FrankAkowe: 8:11pm On May 18, 2020
There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:
No, not one! no, not one!
None else could heal all our souls’ diseases:
Jesus knows all about our struggles;
He will guide ’til the day is done:

There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by yusluvad(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2020
Yes there are, but try to be your very own best friend....
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Playstation1: 8:12pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.

They won't learn... Prolly gonna learn the hard way�

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 18, 2020
Please can you teach me how you made #2m
in 6months just like you were taught ?
I would really appreciate it.
@slyfox35
You should not encourage any form of closeness with that your friend. If you give devil an inch it will take a mile.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Samcent: 8:12pm On May 18, 2020
@OP,
Forgive your enemies, but remember their names!
Enough said.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by lucianohase(m): 8:12pm On May 18, 2020
No don't ! He will bring you down , he will also bring problems to you. Never let him come close to you again .

But remember, always maintain contact with that person that helped u over there when your former bestie abandoned u.

3 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by TheKing4040(m): 8:12pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

He’s a human being like you and me,I don’t think ethnicity has anything to do with the heart of man

Bam reply to a nitwit and mind you I'm not even igbo...

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by maclatunji: 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

He is coming to finish the job he failed to complete in that African country. If you like fall mugu.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by babtoundey(m): 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
I stopped having best or close friends for quiet sometimes a go. The fact is, those you consider best or intimate friends may not feel the same towards you. They only play along, prey on your ignorance and extorting you each time occasions permit and taking to their heals when they have the time to do so.

Amongs

Like I said, I have friends (handful though) but I don't have best or intimate friends. The ones I trusted most are the one that disappointed me the most.

What I had experienced in the hands of trusted friends are not as bad as yours. Nonetheless, I don't give a betrayal or a backstabber any space around me. I may not be capable of hurting them back, I may not opt for making you regret what you have done to me, but I won't give you another chance to hurt me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by yappie11187: 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
My brother, I don't know your Age or experience one thing I will tell you from my own experience is this ...... He is a parasite and will be envious ..... Even if you cut your head for him, it won't satisfy you .... Mind you ... If you hadn't make it, he won't say he will stay at your place ..... He dosent give a Bleep about you .... He will destroy you, envy you and sell you out ..... All he want to know is how you eventually made it over there or who helped you .... Be careful and laylow ....how much is 2 million that you are making noise sef ..... Wise up ......he is not a true friend and will never be ... Forgiving him is for your own good but avoid him totally.... Don't let him stay at your place .... Arrange a babe when he is coming to stay with you and book a low cost hotel for him ...simple

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Redstone(m): 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
It’s good you have forgiven him, but I have to be very frank with you, I will advice you don’t allow him come to your apartment, never you try it because you will live to regret it. A word is enough for the wise. Stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by IMASTEX: 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
Davash222:

You've confirmed my curiosity. You see why I always say you don't have sense?
You dey fear the child. He doesn't have or he can never have sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman / Saheed Husaini & Fatima Musa Stabbing Update: Husband Speaks / Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.