Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (60248 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / My Experience As A Married Woman Being Best Friends With A Married Man / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Darlingboy4sure(m): 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
Wisdom is the principal thing.

Like u said, forgive. But remember that when a dog bites u the first time, it's d dog's fault, but when it bites u again, it's ur fault!

Use ur discretion sir.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Xone3(f): 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?
Very Easy. Bros, no vex o. No be only me they stay and I no go like inconvenience the other person. I fit run hotel bills for 3 days for you sha as you be my person. Also, stop flaunting your wealth on social media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by flokii: 8:14pm On May 18, 2020
igbarasdynasty:
Keep your friends CLOSE and your enemies CLOSER... He's your friend, keep him close and not closer...... Your enemy doesnt know much about you, your friend does!!!

You are not far from the truth.. human beings are extremely wicked.

The OP's case is even mild. What of those sold into slavery in Libya and Europe by their supposed bestie. Most didn't survive the torture talk more of making it out alive.

We all gotta be careful with friends.

5 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by andyanders: 8:14pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:
Please don’t let him stay in your house.
You have forgiven him but be wise.

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.

Exactly my thought.
Op, his coming could be devilsh. You have forgiven him, godly good on this, but allowing him into ur house at this hr, I will tell you not to. For having u travel to meet him, only to force u out on the street where u know nobody, is to tell u how wicked he is. A wise man feeds/dines with the devil with long spoon. If he comes to Nigeria, have him at a distance. Never leave ur food, water or drink with him and step out.

Be wise as serpent.

5 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Hezmatosky: 8:14pm On May 18, 2020
All I see here is laziness. Imagine you went there without any intention and became obsolete. At the end you made 2m naira and came back to naija, rented a good apartment probably in Lagos with almost a million naira, not even establishing a business. In a nutshell, you can imagine what your friend was going through, when you decided not to go back. If I were you ehn, I will stay there, make more money, infcat, make big money and help your frnd
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by kingthreat(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2020
You simply made the wrong friend. He must have been giving you signs but you overlooked and learnt the hard way. If the stranger you met were your best friend you would have gone way farther than where you are now.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by maclatunji: 8:14pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Thanks for this,my thoughts exactly, but I do not know how to tell him to back off,should I remind of him of what he did?

"I am sorry, you cannot stay in my house"- shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Ade3131: 8:15pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

If you can afford it, pay for his hotel accommodation at a place not too far from your house. At least for a week. Don't tell him anything yet. Allow him to come around then take him straight to the hotel room. You can host him in your house as a guest but do not cohabit with him and don't be too forward to reveal your source of wealth or what you do to him. That guy will blow you up at the slightest chance he smells anything shady. Watch your back. He's not a friend, but a foe.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Hifeylove: 8:15pm On May 18, 2020
What if you have died in the street? Will you be asking this corona question ?
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by decasey(m): 8:16pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

Guess what? I did not stay up to 5 days with him!!!

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Now my fellow Nairalanders, I am asking, how should I go about this?

I have forgiven him but should I allow him into my home?
hmmmm I pity for you.God
have all already shown you the kind of person his, you still want 2 drow him close, na u Sabi. Anything you c you bear am, you can be his friend but don't drow close, na second Jonny kill mongo park.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by remele2(f): 8:16pm On May 18, 2020
My brother,,, talking from experience....
Your frnd will keep calling u and telling you how u are wasting your time here in Nigeria, and tell you to look for a Way to get out of the country, that they will help you out, they will follow you up on every step until the day you take the flight to the country where he or she is..... Only den u will realise that his phone number can be switched off for weeks......

My advise is..... Always have a plan B... And take your plan be more seriously than your plan A

2 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by sacajawea: 8:16pm On May 18, 2020
Davash222:
I've seen worse than this, believe me.

I'll advice you, don't keep any grudge. If you think you want him around you, fine, if you think otherwise, fine. No one is gonna tell you what to do, you're an adult. Remember, don't keep any grudge.
Why shouldn't you keep grudge?
Why are you Hammering on that I wanna Know
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by lekki1444: 8:16pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Lol,you are funny but right,the venom in me was aimed at that guy because he does not know the pain I passed through and he spilled rubbish about it,truth is nothing about him is drawn to me,I mean we were once friends but not anymore to me,maybe my weak point is apologies and too much of conscience on my part...but that’s why I came for advice,and I think I will go with majority here
And PS,I am perfectly sane
well if you are sane you better sever all ties with this evil person. i know people who moveed abroad to live with ffamily members and the family members turned toxic because they got the upper hand. these guys cut all ties with their family members and dont even associate with them again. talk less of a friend who is not a family member. i mean you did say anytime he came back home you were scared. i can only imagine the terror he put you through to make you so scared of him coming home. to even be entertaining the idea of housing him is mind boggling to me

4 Likes

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by tomdon(m): 8:16pm On May 18, 2020
If this story is true then this is my advise to you.
Under no circumstance should you give him your real address. when he's about coming, tell him something came up and you had to travel. Block him on every platform. One don't need those kind of people in ones life.
He might be under financial duress too back then, but under no circumstance should one forsake ones friend in a strange land.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 18, 2020
pay for hotel accommodation for him for 2 to 3 days.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by elijahozzy(m): 8:17pm On May 18, 2020
Of
Course forgive him, let me stay the night but when it’s 6am the next morning, wake him up the morning talk to him about how your guys were friends and you had your family was in money before they died, tell me of so many memories that would make him laugh because I presume is was your friend before your parents kick the bucket, Good.

Now ask him what you did to deserve the way he treated you when you went to meet him when you travelled to meet him.

Make sure he gives you a good reason, he doesn’t give you a good reason.

He’s mind will judge him

And he will leave

If he doesn’t leave and you understand he is sorry

Because there is a difference between showing you are sorry and just acting you are sorry

That my advise.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Spray(m): 8:17pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:

He’s clearly jealous. He’s coming to your house to see things for himself. You can’t predict what he will do after that.

op, if you love yourself go with this advice. that guy is coming to destroy you
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by mickelkingz(m): 8:17pm On May 18, 2020
Davash222:

You've confirmed my curiosity. You see why I always say you don't have sense?

Sometime it does
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by rettashine2812(f): 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
I like this brother. Sure learnt from ur advice too.
Davash222:
I've seen worse than this, believe me.

I'll advice you, don't keep any grudge. If you think you want him around you, fine, if you think otherwise, fine. No one is gonna tell you what to do, you're an adult. Remember, don't keep any grudge.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by airminem(f): 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:
Best friends or closest friends as some people term it is quite normal in the life of 80% of world population, I had one too.

We grew up as teens together, matured as adults together, he came to our house always and ate all his meals with us. My mom was really nice to him when she was alive. He wore my clothes and never returned them. I did not ask because my parents always provided for me although they were average citizens.

Then the worst thing in my life happened. I lost both my parents within the space of four years.
Things turned downhill for me (orphans do suffer a lot.. Too much suffering for you to believe there is even God in heaven who takes care of the fatherless and motherless).

My friend travelled to an African country. He kept telling me to come over there to work that things are better there. I kept declining but after a year of constant pressure, I decided to man up, packed my bags and travelled to meet him.

His attitude changed by the second day, he yells at me at every given opportunity, from his best friend, I turned to his boy, the heat he was given me was so bad that when he leaves the house and he comes back, I get scared just by hearing his footsteps. I virtually turned to a nonentity to him. I had no money on me because the little I had left, he collected it when I arrived. I knew no one, I felt so miserable and alone and I started regretting why I left Nigeria.

On the fifth day ,I woke up early in the morning and shook him up. I don’t know what got into me (but I am glad it did), I told him I can’t stay with him anymore and I want to leave. He did not even feel bad about this, he did not think of the fact that I know nothing and nowhere in this country. He let me go.

I packed my bag amid tears and went into the street. Mind you, I had no one to call back in Nigeria... It was tough on me but as a naija guy and as God will have it, I did not spend even a night on the streets. I was shocked that a total stranger took me in, clothed and fed me. He taught me everything he knows. I worked for 6 months and was able to make 2 million Naira. This was like a dream to me (If you get money ehn, to praise God Dey sweet o)

I came back to Nigeria, rented an apartment, furnished it and continued working from here.

This so called best friend of mine saw my posts and pictures on Facebook and video called me to check on me (I guess his eyes did not believe what he was seeing) he asked me if I am in a hotel, I said no, I am in my apartment. He was shocked (me I nor keep any grudge against you) he told me he was coming to Nigeria and that I should please forgive him and forget everything that happened. I told him I can forgive but can’t forget.

What surprised me most are this exact words he said “my guy, if I come, na your house I go relax first abeg”

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Dipville(m): 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:

You right, he can kill!

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
The mind of people are desperately wicked. Some of those who will comment here can do worst than your friends.
My brother, life is like a teacher. It keeps on teaching you new things every day.
Naija people are generally wicked. Trust nobody.

Whenever you are traveling to a far country, always have plan A, B, C don't just trust in somebody. Human being are prone to fail you irrespective any kind work you could have done for them....wickedness rules among humanity..

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by spiralwedge(m): 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
Slyfox35,

I came here late.

I've seen worse... Infact between siblings of the same father and mother. It also happened to me, but mine was an uncle. It is rampant in the UK especially.

Now, from experience this is what will happen if you let him back into your life. He will misinform people that he was the one who made you. That he sheltered you and showed you the way. And he will let people believe you are an ingrate, esp when it is glaring he is not doing well. He will also be jealous and will do you harm, either subtly or aggressively.

You see, you were a fool to want him to know how you are doing and even chatting with him. I bet you love the show off. The best thing to do is to cut off totally and enjoy yourself with sense. Select the people that you want to see and monitor you. Don't flaunt on FB, use Twitter more, or make your IG private. But if you're not a private person, just deliberately block him and all mutual friends.

Now that you are already in touch. Tell him and emphasise that you have forgiven him... Then cut him off. Never ever take him into your house, never.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by morinto: 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
I dey fear that kind people. For me u can go out with him and flex him but don't allow him into your house. If he keep insisting then u can tell him that u can book hotel for him to lodge but not your house. I don't trust that nigga and also be extra careful and prayerful about that guy
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
uncle did worst to me here in Nigeria
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Daveedoo: 8:19pm On May 18, 2020
He wants to poison you....

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by STARGREEN(m): 8:19pm On May 18, 2020
Humanoid01:
Please don't let that guy into your home. If you want to help him, do that from afar, don't let him get close to you. The fact that someone seeks forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean that they have changed. It's clear from the way he made that request that he's only putting up a façade.

He will destroy your home at any given opportunity. In case you don't know yet, the reason you had to go through those rough times in his home was for you to know who he truly is, you should have learnt your lesson by now. I'm not saying you shouldn't help him, my point is don't get close to him anymore to the point of cohabiting with him.

Put him in a good hotel not your home.
Pay the bill and if need be his feeding as much as you can....i repeat never house him.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Steps185: 8:19pm On May 18, 2020
Never allow him to stay with you, he can poison you.
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by excel1960(f): 8:19pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Don't let him stay in ur house..
Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by tkgindofa(m): 8:20pm On May 18, 2020
slyfox35:

Welcome him; but get another accommodation for Him!; For he can't be trusted. For him to change after two days of your stay with him,shows there's something bad he couldn't succeed with you, and that prompted the anger in Him.

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by omorttee4u(m): 8:20pm On May 18, 2020
Humanoid01:
Please don't let that guy into your home. If you want to help him, do that from afar, don't let him get close to you. The fact that someone seeks forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean that they have changed. It's clear from the way he made that request that he's only putting up a façade.

He will destroy your home at any given opportunity. In case you don't know yet, the reason you had to go through those rough times in his home was for you to know who he truly is, you should have learnt your lesson by now. I'm not saying you shouldn't help him, my point is don't get close to him anymore to the point of cohabiting with him.

Op follow this comment. I wonder what do you you think you will gain from his friendship. I believed he lured you to come over, just to get the kobo you had left with you. Afterward he change. What else will you get from someone that hardly spare his things with you, buh want to access your things freely.

You have for forgiven him fine. Meet outside your house, when he's coming let him know you are not around.

1 Like

Re: Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country by Inferno001(m): 8:20pm On May 18, 2020
cococandy:

Op if you're smart o, just jejely take this advice..would he have called you to apologize if you didn't make good of your life? One thing for sure is this..don't eat with the devil at all because even with a long spoon, he can still break it and harm you...wisdom is profitable to direct!!! Use your head...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman / Saheed Husaini & Fatima Musa Stabbing Update: Husband Speaks / Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.