Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

"COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says (90344 Views)

COVID-19 In Nigeria Is A Scam – Discharged Delta Patient Says / COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by erico2k2(m): 7:41pm On May 18, 2020
Aditkd:
Hmmn, am in the medical profession and I can tell you that this virus is real, already I have 2 of my good friends in isolation so pls everyone be careful. Finito.
Question for you as a medical professional who is meant to go with facts and results only,
Q: Did you or ur friend see the test results
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by erico2k2(m): 7:43pm On May 18, 2020
urchcoded:

Rubbish. There is no cure for Corona yet more than 1k people have recovered fully and tested negative after receiving some form of treatment? This is not the first patient to say that she didn't see her result. I have videos in my phone of patients that said they never saw their results. Only audio results. How will you be Ill and not see your own lab results? Does it make sense? People don't use there brain to reason Sha. Corona is in Nigeria but highly over hyped and politicized
I agree it's not as widespread as they portray it if not nah like 3k people died in a day with the level of compliance we see!

1 Like

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Darlingboy4sure(m): 7:43pm On May 18, 2020
Enoch07:
no be scam o this shiit is very real

He that allergies, must proof! So what is ur proof that it is real, judging by what the patient said
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Enoch07: 7:45pm On May 18, 2020
Darlingboy4sure:

He that allergies, must proof! So what is ur proof that it is real, judging by what the patient said
Bros I don rest my case
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by clumsydyna: 7:46pm On May 18, 2020
Roon9:
Lols! Just watch how NCDC officials, WHO mugus and the likes would start attacking her for daring to speak the truth.

All of a sudden nobody is talking about Ventilators no more. Even Sahara reporters is tired of reporting on the " 768 mysterious deaths in a village in Kankara, close to Nigeria public".

Let's learn to think and not what to think undecided
That's true, do we now have enough ventilators for the growing convid 19 cases? No one is talking about it anymore.

1 Like

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by braveheart77: 7:49pm On May 18, 2020
You guys should stop being silly.

So.WHO that declared thr virus a pamdemic is lying? Just pray you don't get the virus for you to believe
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Yungmil: 7:51pm On May 18, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Did u read what she wrote, he mother bathed her and slept on the same bed with her. Coronavirus is highly contagious, there's no way her mother could not have contracted the virus if she (the girl) actually has it.
Coro is real l
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by braveheart77: 7:52pm On May 18, 2020
clumsydyna:

That's true, do we now have enough ventilators for the growing convid 19 cases? No one is talking about it anymore.

Not everyone has a severe case

You guys should educate yourself.

Only 5% of cases need ventilators.

Nigerians don't read why? Y'all just jump to saying everything is conspiracy

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by MCIU1: 7:52pm On May 18, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Did u read what she wrote, he mother bathed her and slept on the same bed with her. Mega Churches In United States Coronavirus is highly contagious, there's no way her mother could not have contracted the virus if she (the girl) actually has it.

Na naija we dey ooo
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Reference(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
bellachibaby:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/covid-19-is-a-scam-discharged-delta-patient-alleges/amp/

There is not one thing she said to dispute the fact that was positive.

Show you result, what result, the reagent strips or you want to be issued a certificate of attendance or what. It is an isolation centre not a GP appointment.

You interacted with people and none of them is infected. How do you know this. We all know the influenza virus acts on people differently and the immune system of people vary. So you may contact ten people and five do not get infected, three out of the five remain asymptotic and go onto recover without medication while just one will manifest symptoms.

If everyone who came in contact with a single mosquito develops malaria and everyone who comes in contact with somone who coughs and sneezes catches the common cold, the world will be empty by now. What concerns the authorities about Covid is that the virus is not understood, period.

No one is after anyone for any reason. By the time a precise drug therapy or vaccine is found Covid 19 will be forgotten as quickly as it came only to be remembered as part of the shots required by international travellers just like yellow fever.

But as long as it continues to spread like wild fire and dumps bodies in the morgue in record numbers, please donot deceive the gullible public. Coronavirus is a clear and present danger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Darlingboy4sure(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
Enoch07:

Bros I don rest my case

Ok oo. Make I join u rest my own case too. Coz I can't come and kill myself! Las Las, we go survive by God's grace.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by braveheart77: 7:53pm On May 18, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Did u read what she wrote, he mother bathed her and slept on the same bed with her. Coronavirus is highly contagious, there's no way her mother could not have contracted the virus if she (the girl) actually has it.

The figures might be inflated for political purposes. But Covid 19 is real and a pandemic even in Nigeria
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by EnaibeSam: 7:54pm On May 18, 2020
Covid19 is real in Nigeria. But I'm sure the figures NCDC quote are not accurate in some places. Many States governors are only using it to make money.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Enoch07: 7:54pm On May 18, 2020
Darlingboy4sure:

Ok oo. Make I join u rest my own case too. Coz I can't come and kill myself! Las Las, we go survive by God's grace.
amiii o
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by braveheart77: 7:55pm On May 18, 2020
bellachibaby:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/covid-19-is-a-scam-discharged-delta-patient-alleges/amp/

Stop deceiving gullible people (they are a lot in Nigeria).

Covid 19 is real!!!

Infor like this will make things worse. Many people will become careless about proper protection!!!!
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by braveheart77: 7:58pm On May 18, 2020
urchcoded:

Rubbish. There is no cure for Corona yet more than 1k people have recovered fully and tested negative after receiving some form of treatment? This is not the first patient to say that she didn't see her result. I have videos in my phone of patients that said they never saw their results. Only audio results. How will you be Ill and not see your own lab results? Does it make sense? People don't use there brain to reason Sha. Corona is in Nigeria but highly over hyped and politicized

Many of those complaining of not seeing results did Awoof tests in government hospitals. And you're expecting government to still issue an official result on top the Awoof test they did?

If NCDC tells you are positive through SMS, if you like don't believe.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by galax1: 8:05pm On May 18, 2020
Don't mind her ,she is a diff type of person, imagine she is lying she was ok,she even requested she wants to see the commissioner of health b4 she was admitted.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by 9isguy(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Acute hypoxic respiratory failure. The patients have higher need for oxygen. The nasal canula we see or even simple mask will not cut it. You can tell there is poor oxygen exchange in the lung by the presence of patchy interstitial infilterates as seen in chest X-ray of the lungs. Even those serious to be placed on ventilators (breathing machines) are given the same protocol as ARDS. Most times the machines will be showing peak pressure because of poor lung compliance.
Fever, shortness of breath, fatigue put you under investigation but swab and analysis is the confirmatory test. Nigerian health officials are making mockery of Covid-19. The QC of their kits comes to question or they are being mischievous for pecuniary gain. It is one or the other.

ALL OF THEM HAVE THIS PROBLEM
/

Thanks sir
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Reference(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2020
clumsydyna:

Once again all this is because the virus remains an enigma. No one is talking about ventilators again because it was recently discovered that patient mortality was considerably higher with intubation as against ordinary oxygenation. Patients in the States began to reject the sedation that comes with intubation. Even the drug therapy has continued to evolve from drug to drug, treatment to treatment methodology.

Folks this is a NOVEL (CORONA) VIRUS. It is highly unintelligent to assume that the changing news around its administration means it is all false. That is being too simplistic and will only endanger the bearer of such thoughts if he or she lets his or her guard down.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by mooyi: 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
This virus is real oh government are even losing more now self so I see no reason why it's a scam and a means to embezzle money by the government
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Aditkd(f): 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
Investnow2017:

Check the bar where you have like, share report. You will find "modify". Click on it and it will take you to the original page of your comment.

Thanks for your informed contribution so far. I keep saying it, until the taskforce kill the virus of ignorance about this contagion they may win the war but for sure they will lose the battle. The level of stupidity spread by people about this virus is annoyingly irksome.

To push her lame argument someone was saying "why did the chief of staff die and Atiku son did not die if you say that there is Covid-19? in nigeria". And with that STUPID comparison and reasoning she expect sane people to count her among human being and not among unreasoning animal. So disappointing.
Done the correction, Wow thanks for that, though it took me some time to actually get it. Not too long i joined the forum and still trying to get my
footings. Peace bro.

1 Like

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by felixawe(m): 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
Many twist & many questions...
1:How do they know you where infected
2: where u forced to go-to isolation centres
3: when did hospitals begin to issue test results
to patients other than filing.
4: Did u pay for the bills
5: Did ur parents or friends raised alarm against the COVID19 claim b4 or while in isolation
6: How manage do you have encounter with
NCDC
7: Are you to tell whether u are positive or negative without test.
8: Are you honest with ur claim ❓
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
We can't tell
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by urchcoded(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
braveheart77:

Many of those complaining of not seeing results did Awoof tests in government hospitals. And you're expecting government to still issue an official result on top the Awoof test they did?

you clearly don't know what you are saying. This people complaining are in government isolation centres and were taken there against there wish sef. Which test in the world is the result given by sms? Are you reasoning fine?
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by dahnimoh(m): 8:26pm On May 18, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

1. The woman is most likely in denial

2. As has been seen time and again, not every contact with a covid case tests positive

3. Even if they showed her the paper work around her test she won't believe it.

4. Many cases are asymptomatic. El rufai and atiku's son are two classic examples, and there are cases that have tested positive for longer than that.

5. The reason for denying that she is positive? A) avoiding stigma b) she feels upset that she was placed in isolation.

My opinion.

SO the ones that had it and were later discharged what medicines were they given since the virus does not have cure yet?

I am beginning to suspect Nigeria

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Olulinks(m): 8:26pm On May 18, 2020
But you medical practitioners in this country are one of the problems we need to really pummel back and forth.

Why did I say so?

Aditkd:
Hmmn, am in the medical profession and I can tell you that this virus is real, already I have 2 of my good friends in isolation so pls everyone be careful. Finito.

You know the truth but you won't say it. I watched videos, where your counterparts abroad were voicing thier grievances when the government wanted to scam them.

Or it only when it's time of allowances payment that you strike and seek public sympathy on your side? Why are you just not serious in this part of the world?

This Covid is blown out of proportion and you know it. You. Yes, you. You know but you won't talk. It is real, yes. It is in Nigeria, yes. But not as scary or deadly as you as your people in NCDC make it look it. Why lying to us!

By now we thought people will be dying on the road with the way they handled social distancing poorly in banks and markets, yet our people ain't dying. Why the lies?

Our people aren't dying for lack of knowledge here. I think they have the full knowledge of your deceits. Shame on you people!
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by erico2k2(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2020
braveheart77:

Awoof or no Awoof, its a standard procedure to have a result in print or sent to ur fone
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by braveheart77: 8:29pm On May 18, 2020
urchcoded:
you clearly don't know what you are saying. This people complaining are in government isolation centres and were taken there against there wish sef. Which test in the world is the result given by sms? Are you reasoning fine?

Stop acting like you don't know covid 19 is an unexpected national emergency and pamdemic. Do you know the cost of issuing official results of Covid 19 to millions of people in Nigeria? Why spend so much on test results when we still need funds for text kits.

My first Covid 19 test result was sent through SMS and was negative!!

Educate yourself please!

2 Likes

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by erico2k2(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2020
urchcoded:
some test results are given by SMS,This is fact
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by urchcoded(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2020
felixawe:
Many twist & many questions...
1:How do they know you where infected
2: where u forced to go-to isolation centres
3: when did hospitals begin to issue test results
to patients other than filing.
4: Did u pay for the bills
5: Did ur parents or friends raised alarm against the COVID19 claim b4 or while in isolation
6: How manage do you have encounter with
NCDC
7: Are you honest with ur claim ❓
I have seen videos of patients in isolation centres talk about there experience therefore
1 NCDC did community testing, they came to their community and collected their samples. They now call this people and tell them that they are positive then they come to carry them to the isolation centre

2 more or less yes. They don't have an option than follow the officials.

3 are you serious? There is no text you will conduct in a lab that you are not entitled to your result.

4 no they didn't pay. They didn't request for the test anyway

5 I don't know

6 they are the ones that come to pick you up and take you to the isolation centre

7 I don't know

2 Likes

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by chukasson(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2020
MVLOX:
Like we don't know already... Delta state na scam
hey!!!!!!....stop dat
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by ddippset(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2020
fortran12:

Number 8 is not scientific cos you dont isolate healthy people
If you have no means of isolating the infected people in one swoop, the next sensible thing to do is to isolate the healthy ones to prevent them from contracting it while waiting for the infected ones to manifest the symptoms, fall sick or even die.

America Italy Spain China all did it. You don't know better than them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Plants And Their Uses / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). / Doctors Remove 526 Teeth From 7 Year-old Boy's Jaw (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.