Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,688 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry (62330 Views)

Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child / Lady Laments As Late Husband's Family Members Abscond With ₦20 Million (Video) / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Jabioro: 2:56pm On May 19, 2020
Give to him sex and food only,to you and your children planning for tomorrow is now ... don't give him money whenever he broke..get your land include your children name..He would soon realize he is not yet financially stable to accommodate the world in his personal experiences..When you get the land don't informed him,build it .. soonest he shall listen to you in tears..then he would love you more than before..Keep praying dear..May the good Lord crown your efforts..
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by 12345baba(m): 2:58pm On May 19, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Mtcheeew rubbish post. I pray that your husband even die sef!
see prAyer o. Nawa o
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by mojojay(m): 2:58pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=Anni3e post=89699273]Hi, I have been married for 9 years now, the problem I have with my husband is that his family members
I have saved enough to buy a land and I am not planning to include his name in the property. I don't know what to deal with, his family entitlement mentality or the way he neglects the kids and I and treat us like outsiders.

I am really pissed off and tired.

You are justified to run a parallel investment for your security and your children's future. This is because the family with this character may be unreasonable if any uncertainties happen to your husband especially if he has not deliberately taken steps towards protecting his family (such as; Trust or Will). Albeit, you may inform your husband out of courtesy, respect and oneness. Although, you know him better and can suggest how he would feel. It is better he knows now than later especially if he will not turn on you for his needs nor abandon his responsibilities on you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Cryxtal(f): 2:59pm On May 19, 2020
bukatyne:
Instead of telling your husband to stop 'spending on his family', point him to projects he can spend money on.

E.g. 'My friend said there is one cheap land at Igbo Tutu' or 'how I wish we had our house, we wouldn't be bothered about Baba Mulika asking for rent every year' or 'there is one mutual funds that the entry is N200k and you get 15% returns per year. We can be paying Junior's fees from the interest'. You can also bring up investment for your kids etc.

You know what works with your husband so explore that. Also appreciate him for what he does so far.

@buying your land: I am not a fan of spouses buying stuffs behind each other so I will say deposit the money in mutual benefit/Chapel Hill/Piggybank for now while you try to make him see reason

You should also understand where your husband is coming from: in some cultures, the 'worth' of the first son/husband of the first daughter is their ability to fund everyone's lifestyle without complaint while their own immediate family suffers.

It is a recurring theme so you re-orientate him in love and harmony to see that his family can and will survive without his handouts.

Wow. So much wisdom. Well-done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 19, 2020
Anni3e:
Hi, I have been married for 9 years now, the problem I have with my husband is that his family members keep sucking him dry and the way he neglects us his immediate family.

He is the first child of 7 children, his siblings even the married ladies keep asking him for money. He keeps spending money on them and their husbands. His brothers keep crying they are broke, they keep leeching off him.

His two junior brothers that always ask him for money, one of them built a house in Port Harcourt and the other one built a big house in the village. Still they won't let him rest.

His married sisters are the worst. If they cough they would call him to send money, every minor thing they would expect money. Just this evening his sister called him to ask for money. We don't have a house of our own, I keep telling my husband to stop giving in to all their demands and invest the money on something, he would say I am turning him against his family.

We have 2 kids and I have told him we need to start saving for their future, I pay the electricity bill, foodstuffs, and most times the children school fees, he pays the house rent and rarely keeps money for home upkeep, he sometimes drops two thousand and that's it for the whole week. He always complains he has no more, but once his family calls him he sends money immediately.

I have saved enough to buy a land and I am not planning to include his name in the property. I don't know what to deal with, his family entitlement mentality or the way he neglects the kids and I and treat us like outsiders.

Sorry for the long post.
WHY DO MARRIED LADIES always complain about their HUSBAND'S FAMILY all the time.
Meanwhile, when the LADY'S SIBLINGS visit, it's always bed of roses.

LADIES are always fond of this.
There is this HIDDEN WICKEDNESS towards the man's family immediately they get married. Why...?
U don't ever hear HUSBANDS talking about their WIFE'S siblings....
Many children trained by Nigerian Men are always
kids from the Lady's side.

The MAN dares not bring someone from his side.
What manner of BEHAVIOR is this.
Take your TIME and visit every Nigerian HOME.., you will see that most occupants of apartments are usually from the WOMAN'S SIDE....
yet you won't allow these MEN have peace of mind.
Some visit the man's house with the intention of staying for a week, but end up becoming permanent Residents. Some end up chasing husbands out of their houses. Yet no complain
RUBBISH.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by bluemansion: 3:00pm On May 19, 2020
Women and their wahala. They always don't want to see a man spending even a kobo on his family members.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 19, 2020
Bluehill1051:

Jesus Christ.
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by WINDSOW(m): 3:00pm On May 19, 2020
If the man doesn't put his house in order, his children ll suffer.
Now he need to test his siblings loyalty. Let him come up with a massive false problem n see if they ll be kind-hearted to go extra Miles for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by chloride6: 3:00pm On May 19, 2020
Ozioma49:
What you fail to understand is that the fact your husband keeps making enough money might be as a result of the Goodwill he has with his family..most times we don't understand what we don't know..do not try to make him stop helping his family but rather help him tone it down in order to save...that money might stop coming in the moment he stops helping his family.

Which kind talk be this?

Goodwill from family that him make you insecure your own seed?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by samboyo: 3:01pm On May 19, 2020
You cannot change a man that is not aware that he is doing bad and ready to be changed.

My advice for you is to buy the land in your children name, even if you are not developing it yet. keep buying properties in their names, it will come to your favour in future.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Trillyonaire: 3:01pm On May 19, 2020
You married someone who finds it hard to say no.
You likely saw it before you guys got married.
You have to live with it.
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by tojahh(m): 3:01pm On May 19, 2020
make friends with a member of the family and start collecting your money from there.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Joedave25: 3:02pm On May 19, 2020
Bluehill1051:

You are Wicked and very irresponsible. Quote me anywhere. Why would you wish her husband dead. Must you vomit stuff like this?.Must you comment?

Well empty vessels they say makes the loudest noise.
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by FGonline: 3:02pm On May 19, 2020
bukatyne:
Instead of telling your husband to stop 'spending on his family', point him to projects he can spend money on.

E.g. 'My friend said there is one cheap land at Igbo Tutu' or 'how I wish we had our house, we wouldn't be bothered about Baba Mulika asking for rent every year' or 'there is one mutual funds that the entry is N200k and you get 15% returns per year. We can be paying Junior's fees from the interest'. You can also bring up investment for your kids etc.

You know what works with your husband so explore that. Also appreciate him for what he does so far.

@buying your land: I am not a fan of spouses buying stuffs behind each other so I will say deposit the money in mutual benefit/Chapel Hill/Piggybank for now while you try to make him see reason. I particularly don't like the fact you want only your name on the land; recipe for disaster as your husband is not hiding his own funds; he is just not spending it wisely.

You should also understand where your husband is coming from: in some cultures, the 'worth' of the first son/husband of the first daughter is their ability to fund everyone's lifestyle without complaint while their own immediate family suffers.

It is a recurring theme so you re-orientate him in love and harmony to see that his family can and will survive without his handouts.

Also note that if he goes 360 and stops funding his siblings, it can cause problems for you'all.
she is very foolish but need some1 like u to learn 4rm.
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by ModestGal(f): 3:02pm On May 19, 2020
promzy555:
Buying a land won't solve the problem, instead you want to cause problem for your self. Someone advise you to engage him on a project. I think is a good advise, think about that very well.

My wife has away of engaging me into buying properties, she will take me there and tell me " Hot let buy this, don't worry, take and add to what you have. And one thing about me, is.. I always want to complete any project I start.

Women, she still find away of collecting her money back. My sister you know your husband weak point, quarrying won't solve anything.
so it is the wife that should study psychology before you know what is best for both of you? She should be the one to be doing all the tricks just for you to the right things?
I don't blame you, I blame the senseless women doing all that nonsense, if you like don't use your brain to know you should have a land and create a good future for your children. Abi is she a full housewife?
You people will make all our women go into depression by giving them too much responsibilities to carry. I cant even Imagine this nonsense you just typed and even proud of.

She needs to trick you before you do what is best for your family. She needs to take you to a land before you think you should get a land to build house? You are a shame to humanity

Women stop marrying fools please, marry responsible people so you can grow and nyuse your energy and brain to be plotting tricks for your husband to do best thing.

10 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Monaco2(m): 3:02pm On May 19, 2020
Anni3e:
Hi, I have been married for 9 years now, the problem I have with my husband is that his family members keep sucking him dry and the way he neglects us his immediate family.

He is the first child of 7 children, his siblings even the married ladies keep asking him for money. He keeps spending money on them and their husbands. His brothers keep crying they are broke, they keep leeching off him.

His two junior brothers that always ask him for money, one of them built a house in Port Harcourt and the other one built a big house in the village. Still they won't let him rest.

His married sisters are the worst. If they cough they would call him to send money, every minor thing they would expect money. Just this evening his sister called him to ask for money. We don't have a house of our own, I keep telling my husband to stop giving in to all their demands and invest the money on something, he would say I am turning him against his family.

We have 2 kids and I have told him we need to start saving for their future, I pay the electricity bill, foodstuffs, and most times the children school fees, he pays the house rent and rarely keeps money for home upkeep, he sometimes drops two thousand and that's it for the whole week. He always complains he has no more, but once his family calls him he sends money immediately.

Sorry for the long post.

Buy ur land n don’t include his name, if u do u will regret it... it’s funny ur story is just like dat of someone close to me, they have no land of their own yet the husband bought a big plot of land for his brother... the story many but let me not let the cat out of the bag.... truth is chances of him changing anytime soon are slim

4 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by bluemansion: 3:03pm On May 19, 2020
EVILFOREST:

WHY DO MARRIED LADIES always complain about their HUSBAND'S FAMILY all the time.
Meanwhile, when the LADY'S SIBLINGS visit, it's always bed of roses.

The thing tire me bros. What is wrong with a man spending money/helping his siblings as long as he is using his head? Married women no just wan make their husband's people benefit from the husband.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by imam07: 3:03pm On May 19, 2020
I know I will see a lot of women and ladies on this trend condemning the man for financially assisting his siblings. Despite this same ladies can also sucking dry their boyfriend they met marry to. These same ladies and women complaining here are doing the same thing to their married brothers but they can condemn others.
The woman should be happy her husband has money to help out. What if your husband doesn't even have money to take care of u. What will u do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Xisnin(m): 3:03pm On May 19, 2020
bukatyne:
I particularly don't like the fact you want only your name on the land; recipe for disaster as your husband is not hiding his own funds; he is just not spending it wisely.
Your general advice is good but the part above doesn't consider the future.

If anything happens to the husband, his family will throw her out regardless of joint ownership.
We have seen these happen to people in real life.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by MrTechy(m): 3:03pm On May 19, 2020
Anni3e:
I am not buying behind his back, I would tell him but I am not including his name. Do you know how many times I have told him to buy a land and start a project. He won't, he prefers spending all the money on his siblings.
Include his name but don't let him know, do everything possible not to let him know
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Amebaba01(m): 3:04pm On May 19, 2020
Am not surprised that just the way most women are,they don't always be pleased when their husband send to his family.
Why,why in this generation women are using every means to control men,either through marriage expert or pastor.
They always saying two will become one,which means your salary will become one but her salary will always remain her own.
Please and please ladies you need to understand that before you see this fine boy,note that his family such as mother,father,sisters or brothers
are the one investing on him before you,that is the reason most of the marriages are packing up these days.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Olarewaju89: 3:05pm On May 19, 2020
Bluehill1051:

Somebody husband should die! Are you OK?

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Evercurious(f): 3:05pm On May 19, 2020
Madam, your husband will DEFINITELY regret his actions. But I ll advise you STOPPED SPENDING for the family.. Save your money before you hear story and your family will be put to shame.

Just try as much as possible to safe your money and make him start paying the bills in the house.. Atleast yours can be a fall back should there be any issue (God forbid sha)
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Lamanii22(f): 3:05pm On May 19, 2020
God knows I can't marry a first son/born.... Too much burden from his family... He'd answer you last....

My dad's family did the same thing... They sucked him dry... He was at the verge of selling our house.. Thank God my mom was smart enough to hide the documents... Maybe I'd be in the village by now sef.....

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by clemmonce(m): 3:05pm On May 19, 2020

Sorry for the long post.[/quote] Dont do this ooo, it will destroy own home. I tell you. Look for other means to handle the situation not this one. If you do that how will you explain it. Make sure you tell him about it as well.... My little advice though.
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by ModestGal(f): 3:06pm On May 19, 2020
Jabioro:
Give to him sex and food only,to you and your children planning for tomorrow is now ... don't give him money whenever he broke..get your land include your children name..He would soon realize he is not yet financially stable to accommodate the world in his personal experiences..When you get the land don't informed him,build it .. soonest he shall listen to you in tears..then he would love you more than before..Keep praying dear..May the good Lord crown your efforts..
I don't know we still have reasonable people like this. Thanks.
These women will continue to marry fools and enslave themselves in the name of wifey. Someone who doesn't care for his kids but love his family more, you are still asking if you should include his name?
No, she should kuku include the husband's sister as the owner of property

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by pensacola: 3:06pm On May 19, 2020
Anni3e:
I am not buying behind his back, I would tell him but I am not including his name. Do you know how many times I have told him to buy a land and start a project. He won't, he prefers spending all the money on his siblings.

Sorry. Just do your best to invest something for your husband and kids. I hope his people don't try to put confusion between you and your hubby over your land.

It is your decision whether to tell your husband or not, having considered what might be the reaction of your in-laws if they hear about your land-owning plans.

One woman kept a secret investment from her husband. After he wasted his money on a fruitless venture and was down and dry, she surprised him and he was very happy and grateful.

Another woman hid her investment and when the husband found out, he was angry.

May God help you in your decision.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Zombiekiller010: 3:06pm On May 19, 2020
Pls don't support your husband with any money regards home upkeep, buy your own land and start building your house behind him.
Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Dalby(m): 3:06pm On May 19, 2020
Anni3e:

Sorry for the long post.

I am the eldest child and had this same problems until someone told me that till date she had never seen anyone that died with another person. She further asked if l thought that if l drop dead that life will stop for anybody
People are adaptive and will find new ways of surviving!!!
Certainly no one will say they will die because you have died. It hit me...
The good book says love your neighbour or brother as you love yourself, not more than you love yourself.

13 Likes

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by Kajiang02(m): 3:06pm On May 19, 2020
bukatyne:

@buying your land: I am not a fan of spouses buying stuffs behind each other so I will say deposit the money in mutual benefit/Chapel Hill/Piggybank for now while you try to make him see reason. I particularly don't like the fact you want only your name on the land; recipe for disaster as your husband is not hiding his own funds; he is just not spending it wisely.

Also note that if he goes 360 and stops funding his siblings, it can cause problems for you'all.

This is one sensible, matured and wonderful post.
@OP, Please look at this very critically.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry by megareal: 3:08pm On May 19, 2020
eazzzy1:
Women do not always like it when their spouses give other people money, the 5000 or 10000 your husband gives his siblings is not the cause of his lack of investments.

There are lots of other ways your husband can cut cost but you are fixated on him not giving his family. Expunge that idea from your mind, it will always be seen as trying to put a wedge between him and his family.

If truly your husband is irresponsible with his money, love him through it and one day he will come to realization, if you can’t do that leave the marriage. You are already solely taking care of your immediate family, I’m sure you won’t miss him anyway?
They never ever come to the realization. I have four cases I have witnessed growing up over the years. Till date, those men are still taking care of their siblings who all are in their sixties with grandchildren.

Need I add that the children in these homes hate their fathers like kilode.

One even went as far as burying his brother and wife the same year, meanwhile this dead brother has two children working in major oil companies while the third one is an IT guru in a company in the US. Meaning they are all financially stable. Funny thing is, none of them has ever given this Father Christmas Uncle not the sufferhead cousins N5 for anything despite their monies.

The women in these marriages have aged faster than their mates, always borrowing to run the home and now even though they live with the so called husbands, they are totally oblivious of their presence. I guess, this is the definition of a successful marriage in Nigeria. undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis / Before & After Photos Of Habeeb Babatunde, Now Noni Salma A Transgendered. / Man Discovers Unclad Photos & Love Chat From A Woman On His Wife’s Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.