Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy (84500 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by don89(m): 12:53pm On May 22, 2020
Majority of a mans stress in life come from marriage related issues ,check well .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by JonCina(m): 12:53pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Studies show married men are happier and live longer than their single/divorced/widowed counterparts. Single/Widowed/Divorced men are more depressed and suicidal than their married counterparts.

On the other hand, studies show that Single women live longer than their married counterparts, they also retain their figures and beauty longer than their married counterparts.

These studies show that the main benefactors of marriage is the Men. Make of that what you want!!!

Where were these studies conducted biko?
Was any of them localized in Nigeria?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Naija246: 12:54pm On May 22, 2020
divorce her
Happyguy201:
I'm married and I can tell you marriage is a bondage I miss my single life . Will never marry a Nigeria woman of this generation again

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Ibechris2: 12:54pm On May 22, 2020
One of the guys here said,the worst is to marry Nigerian women...I just laugh!

Am not joking,Nigerian women are trained to tolerate shit from men and that is why men like that fellow could spew out his frustration.
Our women are the best in Africa...they love u even when u know no one cares.

Make una remain single and to all those who believe in marriage,do not despair,that what God has framed for humanity, shall not derail because of civilization.
Old age is real and can be devastating if not well planned,specifically,I am talking to all those who prefer to be single for life, u might be towing the wrong path. Is it the child u didn't nurture or emotionally contributed to his life that would be there for u at old age abi what are ur plans.

Let us be careful what we chose to represent in life because,although time shall reveal our outcome in life.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 22, 2020
ellapius:
the biggest mistake for a Nigerian girl is to marry a guy who is not ready to marry. a Bleep boy. a jobless Bleep boy who believes his big gbola is his selling point

Yet, your dp in your profile shows what you are looking for in men
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by comradeMOSHOOD: 12:56pm On May 22, 2020
it is a man's responsibility to take care of his family. it's not a mistake to marry a woman that is not working. don't run away from your responsibilities brothers
honest opinion though
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Liposure: 12:57pm On May 22, 2020
cnonyechi:
So marriage is no longer about love
which luv
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by twinycharis6(f): 12:58pm On May 22, 2020
And a woman that is employable even if she doesn't have a job at the time.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ProphetofOdin: 12:58pm On May 22, 2020
why will anybody want to be a full time house wife in this 21st century?
In a country like Nigeria where the life expectancy of a man is just 52 years, what if this man dies where will you start from?
I grew up under a mum who never waited for my dad to come home before i buy books and pay school fees, so of cos a woman should work for her own money too.

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by romanusebhodagh(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2020
Don't be a dreamer.
Naija246:
the biggest mistake in my opinion is to even consider marriage grin

Guys should know that you will enjoy your life far better when you are single than when married.
Being single affords you the luxury of:
-developing new skills
-saving a chunk of what you earn
-it affords you the opportunity to travel more.
-you will age slower(due to less stress)
Etc
The benefits of single life for a man far outweighs the pros of being married.
We men are doing Women a HUGE!! favor by marrying them. grin

guys, don't let any lady sell you the idea that marriage benefits you.. it's a scam!!
Marriage benefits Women not men!!
Hoard your ring!! cheesy
Don't be a dreamer
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by EdiskyHarry: 12:59pm On May 22, 2020
sexylassie2:
The biggest mistake a woman can make is marrying a man with no income.

The reality is most men want to eat their cake and have it, they want a traditional wife but cant carry the responsibility of marrying a traditional woman.

Shebi you are the man, why do you need a woman that works, aren't you guys the superior being.

The only reason why you need a working woman is to prey on her finance, to be realistic, only broke men want a working woman, a rich man wants a house wife.

Note: cry me a river, you won't get any reply from me.
I pray may God never punish me with a woman like you.

8 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Theoarhics: 1:00pm On May 22, 2020
The biggest mistake is marry a wife without character, empathy and courtesy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by OnyeFely: 1:01pm On May 22, 2020
An elderly man told me sometime ago that he can cope with a woman that doesn't respect his mama, but contributes to be family. That's a woman that knows wen d husband doesn't v n brings her own without complaining. But for a man to marry a STINGY woman will be a very grave mistake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by bullionman(m): 1:01pm On May 22, 2020
Obierika:
As a single guy in Nigeria who is about to select a wife the biggest mistake you could possibly make right now is to marry a lady who is either not working or is not earning any sort of income.

Do not ignore this warning if you plan to get married soon!

Should we divorce her if she gets sacked 3months into the wedding?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by AlhajaChinyere: 1:02pm On May 22, 2020
Akinbahm:

The biggest mistake in marriage for both party now is to marry who doesn't give him/her peace of mind irrespective of what both brings to the table...

Alaye, when you are ready you will give yourself peace of mind!
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by vasco01(m): 1:05pm On May 22, 2020
Sha if you get money like dangote you don't bother about this kind warning

Working or not i go just kukuma marry her if she tied

My problem be say make she Sabi spent my money

Ego dikwa too much

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Billygee2u: 1:06pm On May 22, 2020
Davash222:
That's not the biggest mistake..

The biggest mistake is to marry a Nigerian girl.
who has degrees in cheating
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by InvertedHammer: 1:06pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Studies show married men are happier and live longer than their single/divorced/widowed counterparts. Single/Widowed/Divorced men are more depressed and suicidal than their married counterparts.

On the other hand, studies show that Single women live longer than their married counterparts, they also retain their figures and beauty longer than their married counterparts.

These studies show that the main benefactors of marriage is the Men. Make of that what you want!!!
/
The weakest point in a debate is starting with "Studies show". What studies? Conferring authoriry where it doesn't belong to hoodwink half-baked minds. Who did the studies? What is the reference point?

/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by MrBen619(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2020
Is even better this way, at least she can care for her self and parents even if you don't care for her.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by NordicBrown(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2020
Are u married ?
Naija246:
most of these studies are propaganda in disguise.
in the real world, married men are more depressed, work more and are generally unhappy.

They are also easier to manipulate by employers since they have more to loose if they don't bring home the bacon.
A singles man's needs aren't much so you can't really manipulate him to work himself to death contrast that with a father with 3 kids and a wife to feed, such men will jump through hoops just to provide for their family.

PragerU published a video four years ago that was obviously propaganda encouraging men to marry, the backlash they got wasn't funny at all. grin
Men are wising up!! Especially men from the western world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtvfHnZMcOY

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by TheArchangel(f): 1:08pm On May 22, 2020
Gforce2015:

It's a lie. That was before.
Our generation ladies don't get strip-up because of marriage. All your preference is still intact if you have let him know before you start the relationship. The only thing that will strip off is your flat tummy...because of pregnancy....
You can still pursue your dream career before and after marriage. You can still maintain your maiden name before and after marriage
Talking about preference, marriage affects both man and woman preference. So no excuse...
However, it depends on the kind of perception you have about marriage, probably you are the housewife type.
You know nothing John Snow.
A man speaking for a woman is what I detest the most. Stick with your men point of view and preferences please.

In the modern world, being financially independent devoid of marital hassles is the greatest thing ever for women. With it, you have the choice of having kids without any man tagging along. Women can always juggle their careers and kids without the baggages and dramas a man brings.

Marriage has never favoured women from time immemorial. It has always been a man that seek out or ask a woman to marry him never the other way round. Have you ever asked why?

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Futurejoy(f): 1:09pm On May 22, 2020
pDudd:

That's right bro. You ain't lying.

All women bring to the table these days is an expired pussy or a kid or kids from her baby daddy. They are broke, lack zero skills, and from poor semovita backgrounds.

If she isn't Beyonce or Rihanna that can add value to my life, then let her carry her expired kpekus and baggage and commot from my front. Empty barrels.

Man must wise now. Days of dulling are over.
It is your type that will marry a baby mama of two and still pay their school fees while smiling in the open
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

Tell them.
They know they can't do without us no matter what they say. The smart ones are Manning up and getting married and today they happy and fulfilled at least to some extent. while the weak ones are wailing here but still feel empty and depressed cos no woman to make them complete and the fear of the unknown has robbed them of this wonderful experience..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Cosyfaith(f): 1:12pm On May 22, 2020
gypsey:
I don't know what a contant K means, tongue to be fair, you might be different but the problem is me. not the women i ve been married to or been in relationships with.

Would explain what a constant K means please, i am quite ignorant on this things. tongue

Lol, you already said it. You are the constant factor.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Advancedman(m): 1:13pm On May 22, 2020
ellapius:
the biggest mistake for a Nigerian girl is to marry a guy who is not ready to marry. a Bleep boy. a jobless Bleep boy who believes his big gbola is his selling point

Senseless.
This is not rivalry or gender banter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Billygee2u: 1:13pm On May 22, 2020
MJBOLT:
i just hope you wont get married to a working class lady with bad character undecided character should be the first thing you look out for in marriage.
once she has good character,she knows what to do to make the marriage work and enjoyable and not managing and enduring
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by 21cents: 1:14pm On May 22, 2020
bluefilm:

Who carried out these studies, biko?
Your argument sounds not only biased but it makes you look stupid as well.
Take your _fucking studies and go _fuck yourself.
LMAO grin
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by dahlen71: 1:15pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=Obierika post=89707620]As a single guy in Nigeria who is about to select a wife the biggest mistake you could possibly make right now is to marry a lady who is either not working or is not earning any sort of income.

Do not ignore this warning if you plan to get married soon]

what if you marry a working class lady and she get fired after marriage or don't you know that the lady that is not working today may have work after marriage?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by wonder233: 1:15pm On May 22, 2020
Best write-up ever! Our society has sold this idea that "you must get married" , they try to stampede you into getting married. Telling you you're missing something if you don't have your own kids. When You get married, you realize its all hogwash. Just a meaningless life of toil and strife. The so-called kids are separate humans in themselves, there is nothing that technically makes them yours. They become part of the world's 7billion population.
Naija246:
the biggest mistake in my opinion is to even consider marriage grin

Guys should know that you will enjoy your life far better when you are single than when married.
Being single affords you the luxury of:
-developing new skills
-saving a chunk of what you earn
-it affords you the opportunity to travel more.
-you will age slower(due to less stress)
Etc
The benefits of single life for a man far outweighs the pros of being married.
We men are doing Women a HUGE!! favor by marrying them. grin

guys, don't let any lady sell you the idea that marriage benefits you.. it's a scam!!
Marriage benefits Women not men!!
Hoard your ring!! cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by megareal: 1:17pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

My sister, from the experiences around me, the men benefit more than women in marriage. It was this imbalance in equation that made me decide not to marry when I was a kid.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:18pm On May 22, 2020
ellapius:

What is your selling point?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.