Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement (30282 Views)

Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions / Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:41pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

You are beginning to troll.

Time for you to go and do what you are good at
Trolling how?

You were to check up the meaning of memoir...

You are yet to do that...

We are trying to get somewhere and your evidence is a memoir written by Soyinka, a Yorubaman...

You expect Soyinka views to be different from an average Yoruba person?

Ogbeni, you can do better na...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Gmama49(f): 12:42pm On May 19, 2020
dancewith:

This matter was investigated by ICPC and they cleared this man. The board was not satisfied and when they got a new letter from the Uni with a language confusing explanation, they latched on it and claimed the attestation means the former DG hasnt defended his thesis
This has been cleared up that the attestation means certificate and you cannot even get statement of results which most schools issue before certificate unless you have completed the programme

I am not Igbo but I know the facts of this case well because I was doing my Phd when this fellow too was doing his and our paths crossed many times during our related research.

From all understanding the Board has an ax to grind with this guy and all they are holding on to is an unfounded claim that the Attestation is Not a certificate. Nothing more

The school itself has issued a new attestation when they were pressed to confirm if the man graduated. several media outfit has also confirmed the man graduated as claimed but many refused to publish the report. Can the board show us the letter they got from the school showing the 2001 certificate or attestation was forged so that French experts can interpret it and conclusively prove this allegation

This is simply a hatchet job by punch, pandering to the wish of the board chairman who clearly wants his own guy on the seat. A similar thing is playing out between the VC of unilag and Babalakin, the chairman of the governing board, and this power play is fast tearing the university apart

Its a good thing the honourable minister is towing the path of honour and refusing to allow this baying mob board enjoy their spoils of war
How come lgwe later brought an attestation dated 16th of February that he defended his thesis on 14th of same February,2020? Can you defend that?

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:42pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

What more do you want from me ?I

Stop making a fool of yourself
You have lost the plot...

Insults is the straw man's pastime...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 12:45pm On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
Remember you have not named the two Igbos who held the chairmanship of the Council of UI before Ikejiani. Note also that you have not shown the publication that said that Ikejiani held a fake PhD. Post all those news here, please. It'll be a disgrace to you if you don't do that.

Pro-Chancellors/Chairmen of Council.
The University has also benefited greatly from the services of high calibre men who as Pro-Chancellors and/or Chairmen have led its Governing Council.
Between 1948 and1967, there were five Chairmen of Council:
· Professor Kenneth Mellanby CBE, Sc.D (1948-1951)
· Sir Sydney Phillipson KBE, CMG, M.A. (Manc.) (1951-1958);
· Sir Francis Akanu Ibiam CMG, MB (1958–1961)
· Dr. Okechukwu. Ikejiani, B.Sc., (New Bruns.) M.Sc. (Chic.), M.D. (Toronto), L.M.S. (Nova Scotia), Sc.D. (Lincoln) (1961-1965)
· Sir Louis Mbanefo, M.A. (Cantab), LL.D (Lond.) (1965-1967).
Thereafter, the post of Pro-Chancellor and that of Chairman of Council were syncronised by the Federal Government, presumably, for ease of administration .

https://www.ui.edu.ng/uihistory

Now you see why the Louis Mbanefo mix up happened.

Also, it wasn't Ikejiani that was the certificate fraudster, but Sylvester Anieke.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by fergie001: 12:47pm On May 19, 2020
Gmama49:

How come lgwe later brought an attestation dated 16th of February that he defended his thesis on 14th of same February,2020? Can you defend that?
Please Ma, don't waste your time.

I am shocked a young man with Igwe's pedigree will be this daft.

People are making me believe you don't need a thesis to be a graduate.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by pasol4real(m): 12:49pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
Onu is Igbo so I’m not surprised. This is the same country where Adeosun was hounded out of office because of an irrelevant NYSC certificate.

Chima Igwe forged a PHD attestation to get rapidly promoted since 2002. He did not complete the PhD program until 2020, 18 years later. Demoting him shouldn’t even be an option in the first place, he should have been dismissed outrightly. But no, his Igbo brother want to keep him in office as DG of a federal research agency. The same people who cry about merit everyday are the ones doing everything to destroy merit in the public service.
You of all ppl should shut your mouth.
You that have been defending a certificate-less President. You that defended kemi adeosun have no moral justification to talk on this matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:52pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Trolling how?

You were to check up the meaning of memoir...

You are yet to do that...

We are trying to get somewhere and your evidence is a memoir written by Soyinka, a Yorubaman...

You expect Soyinka views to be different from an average Yoruba person?

Ogbeni, you can do better na...

The meaning of memoir is irrelevant.
So you can stick to your line that his account is discredited because he is Yoruba
though I do recall he spent many months in prison for "supporting Biafra" not exactly mainstream Yoruba opinion.

I am not really addressing my remarks here at you but for those who would come after otherwise I would have ignored you long ago

Fact is he published his book in 1994. By any account the remarks against Anieke are libellous.
Till date NOT ONE EBOE person or member of Anieke's family has called him out
Achebe who was part of the Eboe intelligentsia in Ibadan never called him out.

None of the Eboes who worked in Ibadan called him out.

For those interested in research, according to Soyinka there was a court case reported in the contemporary newspapers
That is all there is to say on the matter

Suggesting I look up the meaning of memoir is just desperate idiocy
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:55pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
You have lost the plot...

Insults is the straw man's pastime...
You were beginning to troll and act foolishly.

I have provided documentary evidence from a witness in the person of Nobel Laureate who worked there at the time.
There is nothing more to say.

I cannot indulge your foolishness for ever can I?

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Afamed: 12:57pm On May 19, 2020
I really doubt if Minister can be involved in this kind of a mess.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

Chima Igwe forged a PHD attestation

Where in the op did you get this?

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
irrelevant NYSC certificate.

Unfortunately, it is so irrelevant that she had to forge it.

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 1:08pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
You see as the guy dey carry you wipe floor?

Because he corrected a name who still happened to be the 3rd Igbo chairman of the School council, as opposed to the 1st Igbo Chairman I had stated?

How does it erase the fact that there were 3 consecutive Igbo chairmen of school council at the same time an unworthy Igbo was made Principal which he doubted, but I have provided him the evidence of Igbo nepotism?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by londonzona: 1:11pm On May 19, 2020
He has no certificate , de same Onu wrote to the board for demotion. Now he has gotten the certificate is not right he should be reinstated.Ofonja and their hatred

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 1:23pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
The trash you typed above will not elicit more than a cursory response. from me.

Awolowo's lifetime was all about fixation on the Igbos...Say something else, oga...

Awolowo spent his life living for the betterment of his region, and achieving many firsts in Africa for the Western region, without recourse to the bush men that lay by the East.

He had no domination agenda and already saw the cracks that existed in the Nigerian structure, at a time his fellow Igbo politicians with unbridled domination ambitions were blind to the chaos that would ensue and costume their tribe.

He served his nation with distinction and showed mercy to the conquered rebels from the East.

Instead, the bush men from the East were fixated on catching up with Awolowo's tribe, rather than achieving their own glory in Africa, they were satisfied to aspire to a Yoruba standard.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 1:28pm On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

https://www.ui.edu.ng/uihistory

Also, it wasn't Ikejiani that was the certificate fraudster, but Sylvester Anieke.
You see why you should verify your information before posting. Ikejiani was even the second Igbo contrary to your earlier comment that he was the third Igbo to hold that post. Besides, they eminently merited it. But Anieke has nothing to do with this or was he also a Pro-Chancellor, University of Ibadan? Was there any business or appointment that Zik facilitated for Anieke?

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 1:31pm On May 19, 2020
fergie001:

We are perhaps on the same page....

This is a case I have followed religiously in the last two years....You can check my FTs.

The whistleblower used the Punch newspaper..and the person is loyal to a Director who also wants to climb up the ladder (names with-held).

Igwe commenced the programme, finished research but didn't defend his thesis. That doesn't make you a graduate even at UG level.

He re-registered as expected for the following two sessions and also didn't defend his thesis.

The Dean PG school of that Univ was also contacted, and he insisted the young man have neither defended his thesis nor graduated.

His Supervisor also insisted that the young man is through with his research but hasn't defended his thesis.

He went back this year, Feb/Mar to defend same thesis. How can someone be this gullible?

It is true certain persons don't want Chima Igwe whom I think from my home State and an excellent student, for reasons you and I know....but he played into their hands. He has no-one to blame.

I also do doubt Onu will want to interfere..........if indeed he is, let him step back now. He is a good man, a first class student and a first class tutor. Igwe isn't worth the trouble.

PS: If you want attestation letter for MSc or PhD in Benin Republic, my brother you will get it.
Thanks. I now believe you. He's guilty as charged.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by fergie001: 1:35pm On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
Thanks. I now believe you. He's guilty as charged.
Always welcome Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 1:37pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

You were beginning to troll and act foolishly.

I have provided documentary evidence from a witness in the person of Nobel Laureate who worked there at the time.
There is nothing more to say.

I cannot indulge your foolishness for ever can I?
You condition is now pathetic...

I cannot help you...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 1:40pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

The meaning of memoir is irrelevant.
So you can stick to your line that his account is discredited because he is Yoruba
though I do recall he spent many months in prison for "supporting Biafra" not exactly mainstream Yoruba opinion.

I am not really addressing my remarks here at you but for those who would come after otherwise I would have ignored you long ago

Fact is he published his book in 1994. By any account the remarks against Anieke are libellous.
Till date NOT ONE EBOE person or member of Anieke's family has called him out
Achebe who was part of the Eboe intelligentsia in Ibadan never called him out.

None of the Eboes who worked in Ibadan called him out.

For those interested in research, according to Soyinka there was a court case reported in the contemporary newspapers
That is all there is to say on the matter

Suggesting I look up the meaning of memoir is just desperate idiocy
I will arrange a crash course for you on logic and critical thinking/reasoning...

You are sounding like a dull student, though...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by eagleu: 1:56pm On May 19, 2020
vincent10:
Journalism in Nigeria is all about source.

"Our source"
"A reliable source"
"Un-named source"
"Source who does not want to be named"
"Anonymous source"
"Source within"

Whona Weldon.

That's why the whole story reeks of Lagos-Ibadan media conspiracy!!!

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alwaysachick: 2:14pm On May 19, 2020
Gmama49:

Gosh!!! I now understand why Nigeria has remained stagnant for years. I work with FIIRO and I know all what this is about. Igwe didn't complete his thesis in 2002 as claimed. No one and I repeat no one is witch-hunting him for being Igbo.

Kindly tell that to the Minister for information and technology angry

If I may ask how did you get employed into FIIRO?.......................................................
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alwaysachick: 2:30pm On May 19, 2020
fergie001:

Please Ma, don't waste your time.

I am shocked a young man with Igwe's pedigree will be this daft.

People are making me believe you don't need a thesis to be a graduate.

For various reasons, people submit but don't defend their thesis. A lot of people have been in his position.

Its only when you have people around you with sinister moves that such things become a criminal offence and they feed the others with lies just like that one that quoted me. How will you deny someone that is well schooled of such position because of this type of excuse when people get honorary degrees.

Ndi Yoruba, we know them.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by adedayoa2(f): 2:31pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

He’s now out of jail.
Goodnews
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by frog12: 2:36pm On May 19, 2020
the man didnt have his phd , so the position is null and void. the minister is corrupt
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by fergie001: 2:41pm On May 19, 2020
Alwaysachick:
Let's be honest to say whomever advised Igwe to not defend his thesis this long, isn't a friend he should keep.

For various reasons, people submit but don't defend their thesis. A lot of people have been in his position.
No matter the reason, if you submit and don't defend your thesis, you aren't a graduate. No matter the reason.
I had my MSc with the HR of one of the big 3 communication giants.
A day before defence, she was to get to the US on an official trip.
She begged for another date, and it was rebuffed.
She didn't defend with us.
She simply did the following year.

Its only when you have people around you with sinister moves that such things become a criminal offence and they feed the others with lies just like that one that quoted me. How will you deny someone that is well schooled of such position because of this type of excuse when people get honorary degrees.
This is Civil Service and a public institution where qualifications is a major requirement for growth in the Service.
No matter what, that he didn't defend his thesis means he didn't graduate.

No matter how intelligent you might be in a research institute....you grow with your papers. Haven't you see ln even in Universities where sound lecturers are static whilst lesser intelligent ones climb them because they partner with others to get published works.

IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT FOR THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE COURSE..
Nobody uses honorary doctorate degrees for growth in the Service.
Honorary doctorate degree is like Chieftaincy title.
The Civil Service care not.

Ndi Yoruba, we know them.
After all Adeosun went to a foreign school and usually we would have looked away if she didn't present a forged Nysc Cert in the first place unlike Shittu.
People didn't want him in the first place
He would have been the first Igbo to head FIIRO. Unfortunately, he left himself open.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alwaysachick: 2:46pm On May 19, 2020
faceURfront:

Unfortunately, it is so irrelevant that she had to forge it.

That guy is a big fool, He called NYSC cert irrelevant. NYSC cert is next to our national symbol.

Forging any NYSC cert is criminal.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alwaysachick: 2:52pm On May 19, 2020
fergie001:

This is Civil Service and a public institution where qualifications is a major requirement for growth in the Service.
No matter what, that he didn't defend his thesis means he didn't graduate.
After all Adeosun went to a foreign school and usually we would have looked away if she didn't present her Nysc in the first place just like Shittu.
No matter how intelligent you might be in a research institute....you grow with your papers. Haven't you see ln even in Universities where sound lecturers are static whilst lesser intelligent ones climb them because they partner with published works.

IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT FOR THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE COURSE..
Let's be honest to say whomever advised Igwe to not defend his thesis this long, isn't a friend he should keep.

Kemi's case is criminal. Are you aware that most people submit thesis but don't defend. Whenever they are ready the school will surely attend to them.

Will such a person call him self a drop out? Will you call your self a dropout if you schooled and submitted your thesis but for reasons like accident you didn't defend?

The case against Igwe is one of the ills or tools of bureaucracy. its normal and allowed.

The minister has spoken and he has been reinstated Kpomkwen

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by fergie001: 2:54pm On May 19, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Kemi's case is criminal. Are you aware that must people submit thesis but don't defend. Whenever they are ready the school will surely attend to them.

Will such a person call him self a drop out? Will you call your self a dropout if you schooled and submitted your thesis but for reason like accident you didn't defend?
Does that also mean, you are a graduate?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mechanics(m): 2:56pm On May 19, 2020
I just don't know the interest of the Minister of science and technology on this case, why should he overule the decision of the board when they the representative of the president?

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alwaysachick: 2:57pm On May 19, 2020
fergie001:

Does that also mean, you are a graduate?

Then I go back to the uni and collect my certificate. Simple

The man has done that let peace reign. I won't loose a PHD holder for one Ist degree holder that probably got C or B grades because he was licking the feet of one Alfa lecturer.

Onu has made a better decision.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Babatunde7109(m): 2:57pm On May 19, 2020
manontree:

You may well have a point. The politics of what goes on in the institute doesnt interst me. What I find very insidious is painting someone in grease so as to call him a pig. Its akin to calling your enemy 'Ole' such that a mob can kill him

I am sure people have Googled what "Attestation" also means certificate in French. Just because the people of this institue me the board doesnt want the man shouldn't make them claim he is a certificate forger. That's a serious allegation jst so you push an innocent man away. People do reap what they sow

If tomor such is done to his wife or kids I am sure those making these false allegations would scream

Yeah, I got your point. But if you look closely, their argument - aside from the obvious fact that they don't want his butt on the mantle of leadership - was that he claims to have been certified as PhD holder when really he hasn't defend his thesis in the school. And the norm in academics, for degrees with long essays, is to defend your project before certification; the project is in for evaluation, and attracts a score - which will determine what you graduate with. It is a simple process.

However, on the contrary, Igwe already has an attestation for a degree he is yet to conclude. That is something to ponder about. And going to back to the institution after, say, 18yrs, for another attestation, that's another thing entirely to be concerned about.

I don't know if you have experienced a PhD thesis defence before. It is a real deal. Bombardments on bombardments, corrections on corrections during every defence session.

Verily, you cannot write a very good research report writing and still present it well in the presence of different professors with diverse ideology. Never! You can be so intelligent in your essay writing and write it once, but presentation of the research report will still take you almost a year. This is because: you will keep having corrections after every presentation and presentation after every corrections, under a specific interval of time. 'No be beans'.

So, how did he defend his thesis so fast, and in a short space of time?

That is something to consider about that, too.

Relating with precedence, a former Min. of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, was accused of using a fake NYSC Exemption Letter/Cert. After so much pressure, she was asked to resign - in what looks like she did herself.

There are Organizational Ethics guiding the conduct of these institutions, as well as those individuals working in them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Okowa Betrayed Us!" - Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Tackle Delta Governor / Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances / Osinbajo And IGP Idris In Closed-Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.