Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement (30277 Views)

Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions / Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Jack500: 11:40am On May 19, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:

I will pardon you for lack of brain cells.....but I pray you get better out of pain soon....

Stop insulting our President Buhari and that woman who forged her NYSC certificate who came from the same side too....

Enough of this Insult to our President .....

U need sense.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 11:41am On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
See this comedian wannabe...

Zik of Africa...

Awo of where?

I will help you...

Ikenne!

Yet the Ikenne man sent him packing back to his village in Onitsha, and killed his fanatical dream of Igbo domination?

So much for Africa.

Any man can glory in his own delusional self worth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 11:41am On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
I even heard that Igwe didn't forge his Ph.D certificate, that it was actually the board that doesn't know that attestation means certificate in French universities, and that he also went back for them to revalidate it. We all don't know the truth until we hear from the minister. This is a country where somebody's reputation will be maligned on the pages of newspaper, but in the end he or she will not be guilty as said. So, don't jump into conclusion yet.

You people lie shamelessly.
Where is his Phd certificate.

The Phd certificate is normally issued in Benin by the Ministry

You talk as if we are illiterate here.

If you have a foreign language degree then there is a procedure for notarization and translation that is internationally recognised.

After nearly 20 years NO CERTIFICATE.?

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:42am On May 19, 2020
Jack500:

U need sense.

When you grow one, come let me take two that are bad from it
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 11:42am On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

Chairman of University council is not same as Principal or Vice-Chancellor.

The dude was a medical doctor who falsely held a doctorate degree from a foreign university, and when the truth was revealed, Azikiwe as Visitor to the school who had already appointed 2 Igbos previously, insisted he must have a 3rd Igbo Chairman of the School Council.

You're just a pathological liar. Ikejiani didn't falsely hold a doctorate degree from a foreign university. He only held a doctorate in medicine (MD) and you misinterpreted it to mean another thing. He first held B.Sc and master's degrees before he went back to medical school and became a medical doctor. Unlike Nigeria that awards MBBS, Canada and the US award MD (doctorate in medicine). It's not Ph.D. He didn't claim to have bagged Ph.D. It shall not be well with liars like you.

3rd Igbo Chairman of the Council? See another lie. This is a post occupied by just one person. There are no three positions or offices of a Pro Chancellor and Chairman of a Council in one university, and Ikejiani was the only one appointed for that period. Yorubas and lies are one.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by BLEMOSEDU: 11:44am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
Onu is Igbo so I’m not surprised. This is the same country where Adeosun was hounded out of office because of an irrelevant NYSC certificate.

Chima Igwe forged a PHD attestation to get rapidly promoted since 2002. He did not complete the PhD program until 2020, 18 years later. Demoting him shouldn’t even be an option in the first place, he should have been dismissed outrightly. But no, his Igbo brother want to keep him in office as DG of a federal research agency. The same people who cry about merit everyday are the ones doing everything to destroy merit in the public service.
Look how you brought tribalism to this thread, later you will claim to be neutral.

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by ozusteve: 11:45am On May 19, 2020
Nigeria, what a country - the man completed his study then attestation was issued but did not defend it to get certificate.. actually the ministry is after certificate and not attestation.. hence he went and defend it and was issued certificate with another attestation to prove that he has defended..so my question is was he promoted because he presented attestation in 2002 or he was promoted because he presented certificate.in 2002. If Mr.Igwe was promoted because he presented attestation of completion of his PhD in 2002 then he shouldn't be demoted but if he presented a certificate (forged) then he will be demoted to serve as example to in coming civil servants otherwise demoting him may be a witch hunt which minister may have found out..Nigeria is a very bad country that everybody is looking for nagetivity to gain relevance which might be the case here..Nigerians please let's remove tribalism to move forward..as for the permanent sec,he can win the war whether Fulani or not because he is answerable to the minister for now.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alanpoza007: 11:45am On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Reverse psychology you are trying to use is DOA, ogbeni...
What's my business with you to do reverse psychology on you. I've stated my position on how I view things.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 11:45am On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
I will not be surprised if indeed the man actually had a PHD as he initially stated.

Punch has a reputation as an anti-Igbo newspaper....I will be the last person to be surprised with their slanted reportage.

While would an educated man not know that he needed to defend a PHD thesis before the completion of the programme?

Hate and strife are dangerous: they becloud rational thinking...
https://t.guardian.ng/news/fiiro-dg-chima-igwe-lied-about-obtaining-phd-from-benin-republic-says-icpc/

Guardian is anti Eboe too?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 11:46am On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

Yet the Ikenne man sent him packing back to his village in Onitsha, and killed his fanatical dream of Igbo domination?

So much for Africa.

Any man can glory in his own delusional self worth.
Man pass man...

Zik had class.

It is inconceivable that Zik would have served under a little boy like Gowon...Your man jumped at it...

He was even even willing to be the fall guy of Hausa-Fulani idiosyncrasies...

I asked you not to go there, oremi...

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 11:47am On May 19, 2020
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 11:50am On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Somebody has addressed your question above...
No you are saying something different. I asked a different question

You can read and comprehend?

Are you the same person with a different handle?

You said anti Eboe which is entirely different?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 11:50am On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
You're just a pathological liar. Ikejiani didn't falsely hold a doctorate degree from a foreign university. He only held a doctorate in medicine (MD) and you misinterpreted it to mean another thing. He first held B.Sc and master's degrees before he went back to medical school and became a medical doctor. Unlike Nigeria that awards MBBS, Canada and the US award MD (doctorate in medicine). It's not Ph.D. He didn't claim to have bagged Ph.D. It shall not be well with liars like you.

3rd Igbo Chairman of the Council? See another lie. This is a post occupied by just one person. There are no three positions or offices of a Pro Chancellor and Chairman of a Council in one university, and Ikejiani was the only one appointed for that period. Yorubas and lies are one.

It is obvious you are a chronic illiterate.

The fraudster was the 3rd Igbo to hold such office in immediate succession because that was the domination agenda of Azikiwe.

Even Kenneth Dike that was made Principal was chosen by an Igbo led board of Louis Mbanefo, ahead of the more senior and more qualified Prof Oladele Ajose, who was the most senior Nigerian and African on the Academic Board, and the first African to be tenured as a professor in the University, and one of the first African professors on the whole continent.

But in that era, merit only meant to be Igbo.

Azikiwe as Visitor to the University, ensured he persisted with both a Igbo principal and an Igbo led School Council.

You are quoting wikipedia bio tales when we are discussing a fraud that was well reported then and can still be found online.

It has never been well with Igbo dominators like you who long for such nepotistic days, but now have to make do with wailings of marginalization.

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 11:53am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

No you are saying something different. I asked a different question

You can read and comprehend?

Are you the same person with a different handle?

You said anti Eboe which is entirely different?
Does the fact that The Guardian carried a similar narrative negate my assertion that The Punch is anti-Igbo?

Does the fact that the fact that the Guardian reported the story like the Punch make it factual?

Oga, no dey waste my time...

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 11:53am On May 19, 2020
PigTormentor:

Well according to the story that we just read. He just went back to the school in February of this year to finish the program. If that's true, then it means he didn't finish when he claimed that he did.
Somebody who knows him said that he didn't go back to finish the programme, but to revalidate the certificate.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 11:53am On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:

The person who forged the certificate was another medical doctor Dr, Sylvester Anieke.
Who forged a Dsc from Toronto not IKEJIANI

Anieke forged a Dsc
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by fergie001: 11:55am On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
I even heard that Igwe didn't forge his Ph.D certificate, that it was actually the board that doesn't know that attestation means certificate in French universities, and that he also went back for them to revalidate it. We all don't know the truth until we hear from the minister. This is a country where somebody's reputation will be maligned on the pages of newspaper, but in the end he or she will not be guilty as said. So, don't jump into conclusion yet.
Attestation doesn't mean Certificate.

He didn't defend his PhD thesis...hence he isn't a graduate.

What we should be asking is why Igwe would jettison defending since 2002?
If you don't defend your thesis/project, are you a graduate? NO.

I am still in shock why he will make that kind of silly mistake. He only defended his thesis 2 months ago.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 11:58am On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

It is obvious you are a chronic illiterate.

The fraudster was the 3rd Igbo to hold such office in immediate succession because that was the domination agenda of Azikiwe.

Even Kenneth Dike that was made Principal was chosen by an Igbo led board of Louis Mbanefo, ahead of the more senior and more qualified Prof Oladele Ajose.

Azikiwe as Visitor to the University, ensured he persisted with both a Igbo principal and an Igbo led School Council.

You are quoting wikipedia bio tales when we are discussing a fraud that was well reported then and can still be found online.

It has never been well with Igbo dominators like you who long for such nepotistic days, but now have to make do with wailings of marginalization.
You are calling someone an illiterate while you are the one reasoning like an unconscionable ignoramus...

Are we talking about the eligibility of the Ikejiani fellow or the supposition that three Igbos held the office in succession?

You stay in one corner of Gbongan and concoct some palm wine joint tales...

All Igbos who pioneered tertiary education in the South West Region were acclaimed scholars of international repute so you little/petty barbs are wide off the mark...

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Babatunde7109(m): 11:59am On May 19, 2020
vincent10:
Journalism in Nigeria is all about source.

"Our source"
"A reliable source"
"Un-named source"
"Source who does not want to be named"
"Anonymous source"
"Source within"

Whona Weldon.

Actually, this 'who becomes FIIRO DG' case has been on for a while now.

A formal DG, Dr Elemo, left by imposing on the FIIRO community Chima Igwe as the new DG. As at that time, he wasn't even the next inline - the right person to occupy the position. And instantly, the FIIRO employees cried out to the government on the issue but because of the patron-client-patronage setting that exist between Min. Onu and Dr Elemo (and Chima Igwe), nothing serious has been done to heed their cries.

Why did Dr Elemo impose Igwe as the new FIIRO DG?

Dr Elemo, (f), was the institute's DG for quite a time before she retired last year. And when she was there as the DG, some anomalies took place, particularly in the Accounting Dept. The anomalies got worse when she was about to leave last year.

On her way out of the system, Dr Elemo started selling some of the institute's properties to herself at a very, very cheap prices. Most notable - the ones I can recall - of the properties are some Air Conditioner (AC) belonging to the institute. After all these, to avoid been called for trial when she's gone, she needs a loyalist up there as the DG of the institute. She needs someone to cover her tracks.

Since then, the case has been going on and on, back and forth, and it has resurfaced again.

The institute's Board continues to fight Igwe on the ground that he doesn't have the qualification required for the post, as the Hon. Min. of Sci. and Tech. makes himself a stumbling block against stripping Igwe off the post.

I think Dr Elemo has the direct connection with the Minister not Igwe himself. Dr Elemo is promoting her own selfish interests (which include imposition of Igwe as the institute's DG) underground, and the Hon. Min. is their best bet of making this a reality.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 11:59am On May 19, 2020
fergie001:

Attestation doesn't mean Certificate.

He didn't defend his PhD thesis...hence he isn't a graduate.

What we should be asking is why Igwe would jettison defending since 2002?
If you don't defend your thesis/project, are you a graduate? NO.

I am still in shock why he will make that kind of silly mistake. He only defended his thesis 2 months ago.

Hear Danceg. He said that attestation means certificate in French universities and that he did a doctorate programme when the man did his, and that both of them collaborated in doctoral research then.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:00pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

The person who forged the certificate was another medical doctor Dr, Sylvester Anieke.

Anieke forged a Dsc
The Igbos have since moved on...

If you like keep dredging up names left, right and center...

Next time try Dr Osisinamiego...
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:01pm On May 19, 2020
This is page 178 of Wole Soyinka's book Ibadan.

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 12:02pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

Anieke forged a Dsc
So, you people have shifted from Ikejiani to Anieke? Show us the news link here, please.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:03pm On May 19, 2020
V

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by fergie001: 12:03pm On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
Hear Danceg. He said that attestation means certificate in French universities and that he did a doctorate programme when the man did his, and that both of them collaborated in doctoral research then.
The problem was that he didn't defend.
He started the programme.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:03pm On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
So, you people have shifted from Ikejiani to Anieke? Show us the news link here, please.
Look at the post above you
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by whoYouEpp(m): 12:05pm On May 19, 2020
Most of you here are saying what you don't know about this issue. I know FIIRO very well and **** there.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 12:06pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Man pass man...

Zik had class.

It is inconceivable that Zik would have served under a little boy like Gowon...Your man jumped at it...

He was even even willing to be the fall guy of Hausa-Fulani idiosyncrasies...

I asked you not to go there, oremi...

You mean lack of foresight due to unbridled ambition is class?

Awolowo used his position in Gowon's government to ensure the East Central state got all of its allocations that accrued during the war, and ensured that loan schemes were available to the Easterners in their own region after the war.

You should be happy that a liberal mind like Awolowo was in that government, else we would have been going to the museum to see the remainder population of an endangered tribe.

Once Awolowo's patriotic mission was over, he resigned from the Gowon government to lead a demand for an end to military rule.

Yorubas have no complaint about his role in the affairs of the tribe, and Nigeria that he served only have commendations and praise for his service.

As for the conquered rebels who had no choice but to make an unconditional surrender, they continue to lick their wounds.

Don't ask me not to go there when I was born there.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by fergie001: 12:09pm On May 19, 2020
Racoon:

You're still a hypocrite.Corruption is still corruption no matter the format it takes.Not surprised.The APC you front for also said likewise. "The Nigerian presidency on Tuesday said that the case of the alleged certificate forgery of the Honourable Minister of Finance Kemi Adeosun was not a corruption matter.Mrs Adeosun was alleged to have forged a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate after an investigation by an online newspaper, Premium Times."
https://guardian.ng/news/adeosuns-alleged-certificate-forgery-not-a-corruption-matter-presidency/

Well said sirs.
Please stop quoting myself and bigots (the person you quoted first) on the same line.....Thanks for understanding Sir
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 12:14pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
The Igbos have since moved on...

If you like keep dredging up names left, right and center...

Next time try Dr Osisinamiego...

Ouch!

Moved on with nepotistic infamy that has just reoccurred in this current matter?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:15pm On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

You mean lack of foresight due to unbridled ambition is class?

Awolowo used his position in Gowon's government to ensure the East Central state got all of its allocations that accrued during the war, and ensured that loan schemes were available to the Easterners in their own region after the war.

You should be happy that a liberal mind like Awolowo was in that government, else we would have been going to the museum to see the remainder population of an endangered tribe.

Once Awolowo's patriotic mission was over, he resigned from the Gowon government to lead a demand for an end to military rule.

Yorubas have no complaint about his role in the affairs of the tribe, and Nigeria that he served only have commendations and praise for his service.

As for the conquered rebels who had no choice but to make an unconditional surrender, they continue to lick their wounds.

Don't ask me not to go there when I was born there.

The trash you typed above will not elicit more than a cursory response. from me.

Awolowo's lifetime was all about fixation on the Igbos...Say something else, oga...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport / Farmer Hails President Buhari After Making Over One Million Naira This Week / Hausa And Fulani Clash In Bauchi, One Killed, Over 20 Houses Razed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.