Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement (30283 Views)

Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions / Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by oluwadabira111(m): 9:51am On May 19, 2020
Iceberg3:

Shut up,what do you know? You know nothing..
They all are corrupt but the north should stop project other Nigerians as evil and only themselves as saints.
Does the jihadist have certificate?

Calm down bro read what I wrote down there again! and if you can't comprehend call a primary five student and let him read it aloud for u Nonsense!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Kuginzi: 9:51am On May 19, 2020
A worrisome trend in Nigeria today is that people consider it right for public officials of their ETHNICITY and RELIGION to amass wealth through corrupt means. In the process, they are supportive of bribery in the society and encourage the crooked through their indifferent behavior. What they forgot is that as Nigerians (fortunately and/or unfortunately), we are all united by corruption. Corruption has no class, no color, no ethnicity and no religion.

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by PigTormentor: 9:52am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

Exactly. Lebi Ayodele did the same thing and was sentenced to 2 year jail term. Why are they treating Chima Igwe differently?

Are you really surprised? I'm not.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 9:52am On May 19, 2020
naija4life247:

This is your summary of the who episode. I sorry for your bigotry. Note however that Ogbonaya Onu and his fraudster kindred China Igwe cannot win this fight because an Ibrahim Gwarzo is involved. So, tell Ogbonaya Onu to back out before he loses the integrity which he never has

Frustrations. grin
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 9:53am On May 19, 2020
Urchman200:
can u remind where and it has happened before?don't bring Nnamdi azikiwe story because it make no sense, apc government have been known for favouritism appointment, we know how adeosun was appointed with a forged certificate and other numerous cases since u want to be tribal.

What do you mean Nnamdi Azikiwe story makes no sense?

5 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 9:53am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

Exactly. Lebi Ayodele did the same thing and was sentenced to 2 year jail term. Why are they treating Chima Igwe differently?

What about aunty Kemi Adeosun?

Hypocrites
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 9:56am On May 19, 2020
Jack500:

They are known for that, forgery and short cut, and average man from that side is crook and want to make it by all means, even it means selling his parents. Tueh!

Yes,like a whole former minister of finance,Kemi and her forged Nysc certificate.

I'm sure she's Igbo!
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 9:58am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
Onu is Igbo so I’m not surprised. This is the same country where Adeosun was hounded out of office because of an irrelevant NYSC certificate.

Chima Igwe forged a PHD attestation to get rapidly promoted since 2002. He did not complete the PhD program until 2020, 18 years later. Demoting him shouldn’t even be an option in the first place, he should have been dismissed outrightly. But no, his Igbo brother want to keep him in office as DG of a federal research agency. The same people who cry about merit everyday are the ones doing everything to destroy merit in the public service.
An intelligent person should hear both sides of the story before leaping to conclusions...

But we are talking about you whom the thought of Igbo wakes up in the middle of the night...not that you can do anything about the momentum.

If you are not biased, will you not have been able to see that there appeared more than met the eye in the so-called investigation...

Was an investigation/inquiry supposed to be a witch hunt where the indicted party is deemed guilty before looking into the issue?

The Board Chairman is apparently trying to embarrass the minister and no-one will sit down and watch some disgruntled element hide under the guise of a probe to settle some base scores...
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by apexc1027: 9:59am On May 19, 2020
[color=#] 1072422[/color]
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Urchman200: 9:59am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

What do you mean Nnamdi Azikiwe story makes no sense?
oga I am among those that is trying to sanitize this forum from bigotry, I am not suppose to be having this conversation with u,weather the person is from east ,north, west and south it affects all us seriously, I don't know about u.

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 9:59am On May 19, 2020
The credibility problem Ibos have is when stuff like this happens they support it or keep quiet.
Imagine someone joined an organisation in 2001 claiming that he had a Phd.

A so called first class graduate of UNN going to do a Phd in University of Abomey ? Abomey? Beni Republic.

Next it turned out he never defended his thesis but on the strength of that Phd rose to become the DG of FIIRO.

This was discovered and he now comes back with another document dated 2020 to say he defended the 2001 thesis AFTER 19 years.

How can any Minister with ethics then say he should be reinstated AS DG?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by HRMK: 9:59am On May 19, 2020
SHULD THIS BE A SURPRISE?NO!CHIMA IGWE IS FROM SOUTH EAST LIKEWISE OGBONAYA ONU!CORRUPTION IS HERE TO STAY AND PERMANENTLY TOO!!

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 10:00am On May 19, 2020
Urchman200:
oga I am among those that is trying to sanitize this forum from bigotry, I am not suppose to be having this conversation with u,weather the person is from east ,north, west and south it affects all us seriously, I don't know about u.
Why do you say the Azikiwe story does not make sense.

I sincerely want to know what you mean by not making sense

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Racoon(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
Exactly. Lebi Ayodele did the same thing and was sentenced to 2 year jail term.Why are they treating Chima Igwe differently?
If the president and his government put his feet down right from 1984 as HOS till his return now to stamp out favouritism, nepotism and all manner of corruption then Nigeria would have been better for it.Alas! He promoted it with utter impunity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:03am On May 19, 2020
jumich1:
One of those many silent tribal wars ravaging the country,
Nigeria will never progress in the midst of all this stupid and sentimental pull him down syndrome raging on across departments of government institutions and many sectors of the economy occasioned by hate and unhealthy competition and jealousy
I don't wanna use a hard word on us southerners but we, especially the yorubas are very Stu.......!

The north has been doing this evil thing of bringing down anybody from the south in position, like they did to Kemi Adeosun,like that disgraced emir did to southern bank MDS when he was CBN Governor.

What's bad is bad but we southerners should be wise.
What baffles me about these Yoruba people is how they carry any reports,good or bad, about the Igbos for head like Agege bread.

They removed Adeosun but a Fulani woman replaced her.
Fowler was removed and a northerner replaced him but all they care about is Magana Igbo people!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Racoon(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:
The credibility problem Ibos have is when stuff like this happens they support it or keep quiet.Imagine someone joined an organisation in 2001 claiming that he had a Phd.....
I belong here but will never support any stupid, irresponsible and brazen act supporting corruption like what Ogbonnaya Onu is doing.The court should do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:05am On May 19, 2020
oluwadabira111:
Calm down bro read what I wrote down there again! and if you can't comprehend call a primary five student and let him read it aloud for u Nonsense!

A human being cannot comprehend the shyyyyt you post,thank you.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 10:07am On May 19, 2020
Iceberg3:

Yes,like a whole former minister of finance,Kemi and her forged Nysc certificate.

I'm sure she's Igbo!
No she is Yoruba she was removed or resigned and Yorubas did not support her. She got what she deserved, that is the point

On the other hand instead of doing that Ibos start playing games,start playing victim.

5 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:10am On May 19, 2020
Hotfreeze:
I don't know Onu's interest in this matter that he's behaving so stupidly and allowing this certificate criminal dent his image.

Just like Kemi was secretly denting the so called image of Mr integrity until she was exposed and disgraced out of service.

I doubt if you ever related to that story the way you are reacting to this, hypocrite.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Urchman200: 10:10am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

Why do you say the Azikiwe story does not make sense.

I sincerely want to know what you mean by not making sense
what is ur gain in bringing tribe into this whole story, tell me which tribe in Nigeria where favouritism is not the order of the day ? I don't know what u guy's gain in bringing tribal sentiment to issues that affect all us.for Nnamdi azikiwe issue, that was more than 40 years ago and yet u guy's are bringing into 2020 it shows we have not made any progress as a nation, I don't think u can swear with ur life that favouritism has not been going on after zik ?

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by AhoadaRivers: 10:10am On May 19, 2020
Exactly an 'oluwole' case where yorubas like Kemi Adeosun, Tunde Fowler, Bola Ahmed forge certificates to perpetuate themselves in position of authority.

I guess APC as a party is a fraudulent party and anybody who associate themselves with yorubas in APC will learn how to be fraudulent regardless of tribe.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:11am On May 19, 2020
GavelSlam:
Best settled by a law court.

Like they settled Kemi Adeosun Nysc certificate in law court. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 10:11am On May 19, 2020
Iceberg3:

I don't wanna use a hard word on us southerners but we, especially the yorubas are very Stu.......!

The north has been doing this evil thing of bringing down anybody from the south in position, like they did to Kemi Adeosun,like that disgraced emir did to southern bank MDS when he was CBN Governor.

What's bad is bad but we southerners should be wise.
What baffles me about these Yoruba people is how they carry any reports,good or bad, about the Igbos for head like Agege bread.

They removed Adeosun but a Fulani woman replaced her.
Fowler was removed and a northerner replaced him but all they care about is Magana Igbo people!!!!

Rubbish all of that kind of sentiment will not work

What has Fowler got to do with this?

This is an academic research institute.

Fowler was a political appointee.

The issue here is that a guy got a post that he was NOT QUALIFIED for based on false claims period.
He should go and ANY attempt to keep him will only be seen as nepotism

8 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:12am On May 19, 2020
Any matter that concerns Igbo yorubas will suddenly wake up from slumber and hibernation and carry matter for head like Agege bread.

What a people!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 10:12am On May 19, 2020
Urchman200:
what is ur gain in bringing tribe into this whole story, tell me which tribe in Nigeria where favouritism is not the order of the day ? I don't know what u guy's gain in bringing tribal sentiment to issues that affect all us.for Nnamdi azikiwe issue, that was more than 40 years ago and yet u guy's are bringing into 2020 it shows we have not made any progress as a nation, I don't think u can swear with ur life that favouritism has not been going on after zik ?

Why do you say the Azikiwe story does not make sense?

3 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:14am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

That is Eboes for you though I believe it was Sylvester Anieke not Ikejiani and while he indeed had a first degree in medicine he presented a fake Dsc

That's igbos for you, Igbos like Kemi Adeosun Nysc
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Bar1941(m): 10:14am On May 19, 2020
Guiness must hear this, the longest period to complete a PhD..... Oya Guiness, put am for record. Later they will be accusing Bubu of nepotism, awón eya Judah.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Alanpoza007: 10:16am On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
An intelligent person should hear both sides of the story before leaping to conclusions...

But we are talking about you whom the thought of Igbo wakes up in the middle of the night...not that you can do anything about the momentum.

If you are not biased, will you not have been able to see that there appeared more than met the eye in the so-called investigation...

Was an investigation/inquiry supposed to be a witch hunt where the indicted party is deemed guilty before looking into the issue?

The Board Chairman is apparently trying to embarrass the minister and no-one will sit down and watch some disgruntled element hide under the guise of a probe to settle some base scores...
It's the minister that's trying to embarrass himself. A guy that ought to be dismissed out of the service for fraud was granted favour by being demoted only, and the Minister is asking for him to be reinstated as DG of a whole Research institute. Do you know anything about academic integrity. Imagine defending same thesis of a research you started since 2001 in 2020 in a rapidly changing and dynamic field like the sciences. That alone should raise eye-brows to a sane person. What both sides do you want to hear when the story, correspondence and all are in the public domain from the said University in Benin Republic, ICPC and FIIRO. Igwe hasn't come out to dispute any. You dont go about defending people stupidly because they're from your tribe even when they're clearly wrong. There are fraudulent and honest people in every tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:16am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

I can but I choose to because that is how I see it.

It is tribal.
Ibos do this all the time

This did not start today

You cannot tell me how to see the world

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:17am On May 19, 2020
Racoon:

You're still a hypocrite.Corruption is still corruption no matter the format it takes.Not surprised.The APC you front for also said likewise. "The Nigerian presidency on Tuesday said that the case of the alleged certificate forgery of the Honourable Minister of Finance Kemi Adeosun was not a corruption matter.Mrs Adeosun was alleged to have forged a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate after an investigation by an online newspaper, Premium Times."
https://guardian.ng/news/adeosuns-alleged-certificate-forgery-not-a-corruption-matter-presidency/
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 10:17am On May 19, 2020
Racoon:
I belong here but will never support any stupid, irresponsible and brazen act of supporting corruption like what Ogbonnaya Onu is doing.The court should do the needful.
The citizens are doing the needful, likewise the Staff ,the Press and soon the National assembly. It will not happen

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Iceberg3: 10:18am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

Rubbish all of that kind of sentiment will not work

What has Fowler got to do with this?

This is an academic research institute.

Fowler was a political appointee.

The issue here is that a guy got a post that he was NOT QUALIFIED for based on false claims period.
He should go and ANY attempt to keep him will only be seen as nepotism

4kU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Okowa Betrayed Us!" - Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Tackle Delta Governor / I Am Working For Peter Obi - Governor Ortom / FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.