Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement (30280 Views)

Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions / Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:16pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Man pass man...

Zik had class.

It is inconceivable that Zik would have served under a little boy like Gowon...Your man jumped at it...

He was even even willing to be the fall guy of Hausa-Fulani idiosyncrasies...

I asked you not to go there, oremi...
Zik and class do not belong in the same sentence. He served under Balewa.
What is little boy??
The same Zik that cowardly abandoned Biafuro and joined Nigeria.

There was no offer for him from Gowon

The same Zik that called himself publicly a BRIDE to Shagari in1979 and went into coalition with NPN Shagari??

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:16pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:
This is page 78 of Wole Soyinka's book Ibadan.
Soyinka's memoir...
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:18pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Soyinka's memoir...

Yes ?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:19pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Soyinka's memoir...
I look forward to your desperate and predictable retort
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 12:20pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are calling someone an illiterate while you are the one reasoning like an unconscionable ignoramus...

Are we talking about the eligibility of the Ikejiani fellow or the supposition that three Igbos held the office in succession?

You stay in one corner of Gbongan and concoct some palm wine joint tales...

All Igbos who pioneered tertiary education in the South West Region were acclaimed scholars of international repute so you little/petty barbs are wide off the mark...

I can see it hurt you to be reminded that when Azikiwe held sway, he used his federal office to perpetuate Igbo nepotism that is historical and can never be swept asidecas his tribe new daily lament about marginalization in the same country.

The many non-Igbo Nigerians that are appointed to positions that Igbos feel they should also have, are they not duly qualified academically?

So why lament about marginalization when qualified Nigerians are appointed at the expense of Igbos?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 12:20pm On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

It is obvious you are a chronic illiterate.

The fraudster was the 3rd Igbo to hold such office in immediate succession because that was the domination agenda of Azikiwe.

Even Kenneth Dike that was made Principal was chosen by an Igbo led board of Louis Mbanefo, ahead of the more senior and more qualified Prof Oladele Ajose, who was the most senior Nigerian and African on the Academic Board, and the first African to be tenured as a professor in the University, and one of the first African professors on the whole continent.

But in that era, merit only meant to be Igbo.

Azikiwe as Visitor to the University, ensured he persisted with both a Igbo principal and an Igbo led School Council.

You are quoting wikipedia bio tales when we are discussing a fraud that was well reported then and can still be found online.

It has never been well with Igbo dominators like you who long for such nepotistic days, but now have to make do with wailings of marginalization.
You're a stark illiterate. You said it was well reported and can still be found online? Then, post it here for all of us to see and read. Also, name the other two Igbos that held the office in immediate succession before Ikejiani. I like evidence. Post it here.

To show that you're a stark illiterate and a pathological liar too, Louis Mbanefo didn't head the board that appointed Dike as the indigenous principal of the University College, Ibadan. It was Dr Akanu Ibiam. You're a liar! Besides, being a professor before another lecturer attains professorship isn't a criterion for making the former a Vice Chancellor before the latter. That shows that you're an illiterate. Rather, it's based on administrative and managerial acumen and other vital qualities. If the post of VC is based on years of professorship, so many young VCs wouldn't have occupied it ahead of the old professors, some of whom even thought those Vice Chancellors.

Also, before Dike's appointment, Akanu Ibiam visited Kenneth Mellanby the immediate outgone principal, in the UK, to seek his advice and he recommended Dike ahead of Ajose. You Yorubas like revisionist history turned upside down always, just to suit your whims and caprices.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Modikko(m): 12:21pm On May 19, 2020
Yes. And that fulani man will not collide with the Igbo man to cheat the system. Fraudulent people kawai. Nonsense
Cyberterror:
Unfortunately for Onu, he can't win this battle. The chairman of the FIIRO board is a fulani.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:22pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

Zik and class do not belong in the same sentence. He served under Balewa.
What is little boy??
The same Zik that cowardly abandoned Biafuro and joined Nigeria.

There was no offer for him from Gowon

The same Zik that called himself publicly a BRIDE to Shagari in1979 and went into coalition with NPN Shagari??
Zik was the President...go and dust up your School Cert Government, oga...

Study also the politics of the Congo (Kinshasa) in the early 60s to understand the role of the President in the parliamentary system of government.

Zik was the beautiful bride in 1979...you should know what he was referring to politically speaking...

He was not suppose to speak only to make the Yorubas happy...

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:23pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are calling someone an illiterate while you are the one reasoning like an unconscionable ignoramus...

Are we talking about the eligibility of the Ikejiani fellow or the supposition that three Igbos held the office in succession?

You stay in one corner of Gbongan and concoct some palm wine joint tales...

All Igbos who pioneered tertiary education in the South West Region were acclaimed scholars of international repute so you little/petty barbs are wide off the mark...

Not true
Dr Anieke was a "scholar" of international disrepute.

The first recorded Nigerian to forge a doctorate degree
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:23pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

Yes ?
Google up the word "memoir " before coming to argue blindly...
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:24pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Zik was the President...go and dust up your School Cert Government, oga...

Study also the politics of the Congo (Kinshasa) in the early 60s to understand the role of the President in the parliamentary system of government.

Zik was the beautiful bride in 1979...you should know what he was referring to politically speaking...

He was not suppose to speak only to make the Yorubas happy...

That is class ?
Shagari was a big boy?
Was he not old enough to be his father?

Why is Gowon a little boy?
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 12:25pm On May 19, 2020
fergie001:

The problem was that he didn't defend.
He started the programme.
Read the earlier comments, and you'll see the guy's comment about that. I think his moniker is danceq.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:26pm On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

I can see it hurt you to be reminded that when Azikiwe held sway, he used his federal office to perpetuate Igbo nepotism that is historical and can never be swept asidecas his tribe new daily lament about marginalization in the same country.

The many non-Igbo Nigerians that are appointed to positions that Igbos feel they should also have, are they not duly qualified academically?

So why lament about marginalization when qualified Nigerians are appointed at the expense of Igbos?
It is your problem to choose to be fixated on the Igbos...

We are moving forward and there is nothing you can do about it...
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Idadurun: 12:26pm On May 19, 2020
oluwadabira111:
He cheated the the system. he was indicted, but because the accused and the minister are from the same region they want to settle it like they will settle family affair problem! The law are made for the poor not the rich I repeat they are made for the poor!
they are coping the north who are the grand patron of ethnic and religion sentiments.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Throwback: 12:26pm On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
You're a stark illiterate. You said it was well reported and can still be found online? Then, post it here for all of us to see and read. Also, name the other two Igbos that held the office in immediate succession before Ikejiani. I like evidence. Post it here.

To show that you're a stark illiterate and a pathological liar too, Louis Mbanefo didn't head the board that appointed Dike as the indigenous principal of the University College, Ibadan. It was Dr Akanu Ibiam. You're a liar! Besides, being a professor before another lecturer attains professorship isn't a criterion for making the former a Vice Chancellor before the latter. That shows that you're an illiterate. Rather, it's based on administrative and managerial acumen and other vital qualities. If the post of VC is based on years of professorship, so many young VCs wouldn't have occupied it ahead of the old professors, some of whom even thought those Vice Chancellors.

Also, before Dike's appointment, Akanu Ibiam visited Kenneth Mellanby the immediate outgone principal, in the UK, to seek his advice and he recommended Dike ahead of Ajose. You Yorubas like revisionist history turned upside down always, just to suit your whims and caprices.

I agree it was Akanu Ibiam not Louis Mbanefo.

Kenneth Dike himself alluded to the fact that he was told barefaced by Akanu Ibiam, that if he does not accept the position, it will not be given to any other Nigerian.

Why?

Because there was no other senior Igbo in a pool of senior qualified Nigerians where Dike himsef was not the most qualified.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 12:26pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

Look at the post above you
Mention me in the post, please.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 12:29pm On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

Kenneth Dike himself alluded to the fact that he was told barefaced by Akanu Ibiam, that if he does not accept the position, it will not be given to any other Nigerian.

Why?

Because there was no other senior Igbo in a pool of senior qualified Nigerians where Dike himsef was not the most qualified.
Post when Dike said that about Akanu Ibiam. You've started another lie again. Post the evidence here, please.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:29pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:

grin

Ibologism

You can do better.

This is a whole new low of shamelessness for Eboes
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by DexterousOne(m): 12:30pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
Onu is Igbo so I’m not surprised. This is the same country where Adeosun was hounded out of office because of an irrelevant NYSC certificate.

Chima Igwe forged a PHD attestation to get rapidly promoted since 2002. He did not complete the PhD program until 2020, 18 years later. Demoting him shouldn’t even be an option in the first place, he should have been dismissed outrightly. But no, his Igbo brother want to keep him in office as DG of a federal research agency. The same people who cry about merit everyday are the ones doing everything to destroy merit in the public service.

This one has brought tribalism into the discussion

When will you people have sense for goodness sake?

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by manontree: 12:31pm On May 19, 2020
Babatunde7109:

Actually, this 'who becomes FIIRO DG' case has been on for a while now.

A formal DG, Dr Elemo, left by imposing on the FIIRO community Chima Igwe as the new DG. As at that time, he wasn't even the next inline - the right person to occupy the position. And instantly, the FIIRO employees cried out to the government on the issue but because of the patron-client-patronage setting that exist between Min. Onu and Dr Elemo (and Chima Igwe), nothing serious has been done to heed their cries.

Why did Dr Elemo impose Igwe as the new FIIRO DG?

Dr Elemo, (f), was the institute's DG for quite a time before she retired last year. And when she was there as the DG, some anomalies took place, particularly in the Accounting Dept. The anomalies got worse when she was about to leave last year.

On her way out of the system, Dr Elemo started selling some of the institute's properties to herself at a very, very cheap prices. Most notable - the ones I can recall - of the properties are some Air Conditioner (AC) belonging to the institute. After all these, to avoid been called for trial when she's gone, she needs a loyalist up there as the DG of the institute. She needs someone to cover her tracks.

Since then, the case has been going on and on, back and forth, and it has resurfaced again.

The institute's Board continues to fight Igwe on the ground that he doesn't have the qualification required for the post, as the Hon. Min. of Sci. and Tech. makes himself a stumbling block against stripping Igwe off the post.

I think Dr Elemo has the direct connection with the Minister not Igwe himself. Dr Elemo is promoting her own selfish interests (which include imposition of Igwe as the institute's DG) underground, and the Hon. Min. is their best bet of making this a reality.

You may well have a point. The politics of what goes on in the institute doesnt interst me. What I find very insidious is painting someone in grease so as to call him a pig. Its akin to calling your enemy 'Ole' such that a mob can kill him

I am sure people have Googled what "Attestation" also means certificate in French. Just because the people of this institue me the board doesnt want the man shouldn't make them claim he is a certificate forger. That's a serious allegation jst so you push an innocent man away. People do reap what they sow

If tomor such is done to his wife or kids I am sure those making these false allegations would scream

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:33pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:33pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

That is class ?
Shagari was a big boy?
Was he not old enough to be his father?

Why is Gowon a little boy?
Blind argument yapa!

when did Zik make the remark? before or after the elections?

Zik was trying to enter a coalition which will advance his cause politically....the other man was serving a young man barely in his thirties who can barely string correct sentences together....

In 1979, Zik was 75 while Shagari was 54...
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by slowice(m): 12:33pm On May 19, 2020
The word IGBO will never depart from the mouth of some people. Apc has always fielded fraudulent people in positions of power so it's nothing new..... Even our oga bubu has his own certificate scandal and so does many apc appointees

The party is fraudulent from top to bottom and pdp is not an option... We need genuine change
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by mannyiyke: 12:34pm On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

Why?

Remember you have not named the two Igbos who held the chairmanship of the Council of UI before Ikejiani. Note also that you have not shown the publication that said that Ikejiani held a fake PhD. Post all those news here, please. It'll be a disgrace to you if you don't do that.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:34pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

lol...

The meme will not save you...

Come clean and communicate ....
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:36pm On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

grin

Ibologism

You can do better.

This is a whole new low of shamelessness for Eboes
You dont have to behave like a clown...

Do the needful...I mean now!
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:36pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
lol...

The meme will not save you...

Come clean and communicate ....
What more do you want from me ?I

Stop making a fool of yourself
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by omonnakoda: 12:37pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
You dont have to behave like a clown...

Do the needful...I mean now!
You are beginning to troll.

Time for you to go and do what you are good at
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by maestroferddi: 12:37pm On May 19, 2020
Throwback:

Why?

You see as the guy dey carry you wipe floor?

2 Likes

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by Gmama49(f): 12:38pm On May 19, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Im not surprised too,Yoruba's don't like Igbo's heading parastatals in their states no matter the qualification. Since legal failed now, they will go fetish. May God protect his life in that office.

A close friend of mine works in FIIRO Oshodi, He couldn't say what they have against that man except the same "He is Igbo"

Can't you people change? angry
Gosh!!! I now understand why Nigeria has remained stagnant for years. I work with FIIRO and I know all what this is about. Igwe didn't complete his thesis in 2002 as claimed. No one and I repeat no one is witch-hunting him for being Igbo.
Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by DexterousOne(m): 12:39pm On May 19, 2020
Kuginzi:
A worrisome trend in Nigeria today is that people consider it right for public officials of their ETHNICITY and RELIGION to amass wealth through corrupt means. In the process, they are supportive of bribery in the society and encourage the crooked through their indifferent behavior. What they forgot is that as Nigerians (fortunately and/or unfortunately), we are all united by corruption. Corruption has no class, no color, no ethnicity and no religion.

Tell them o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement by fergie001: 12:41pm On May 19, 2020
mannyiyke:
Read the earlier comments, and you'll see the guy's comment about that. I think his moniker is danceq.
We are perhaps on the same page....

This is a case I have followed religiously in the last two years....You can check my FTs.

The whistleblower used the Punch newspaper..and the person is loyal to a Director who also wants to climb up the ladder (names with-held).

Igwe commenced the programme, finished research but didn't defend his thesis. That doesn't make you a graduate even at UG level.

He re-registered as expected for the following two sessions and also didn't defend his thesis.

The Dean PG school of that Univ was also contacted, and he insisted the young man have neither defended his thesis nor graduated.

His Supervisor also insisted that the young man is through with his research but hasn't defended his thesis.

He went back this year, Feb/Mar to defend same thesis. How can someone be this gullible?

It is true certain persons don't want Chima Igwe whom I think is from my home State and an excellent student, for reasons you and I know....but he played into their hands. He has no-one to blame.

I also do doubt Onu will want to interfere..........if indeed he is, let him step back now. He is a good man, a first class student and a first class tutor. Igwe isn't worth the trouble.

PS: If you want attestation letter for MSc or PhD in Benin Republic, my brother you will get it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sit-at -home Enforcement In Imo: Gunmen Kill Commercial Tricyclist, Passerby / Atiku’s Daughter-In-Law, Grandchildren Test Negative TO COVID-19 / Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.