Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) (2552 Views)

Housewife, 31, Fights With Lady, 28 Over 19-year-old Yahoo Boy / My Sister Always Fights With Her Boyfriend / Ajah Lagos Prostitute Fights Publicly Because Her Money Was Not Complete (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Lalastica1: 12:54pm On May 20, 2020
This is a girl i watched grow up and then, she gave me the greatest surprise of my life yesterday.

Initially, i have been hearing complaints about how stubborn she has been, sneaking out to follow boys, disobedience at home and many others but i chose to ignore those complaints.

Yesterday, she did something very bad and when i tried to scold her, she just burst into laughter as i was walking away making me look like a fool. I went back to her and ask if she was just laughing at me or what? is she assuming with me?

I landed her a slap and before i knew it, she responded by saying "I should never try to slap her again that she has been overlooking me else she will slap me back and that she has been respecting me all this while but it seems i don't want the respect anymore". What, i was shocked to the bones, " You will slap me back?", This statement provoked me and i gave her another slap and more surprisingly, she slapped me back. I never knew when i pounce on her until i realised she was a woman and a junior sister of mine and stopped.

But then, i have been thinking what could have warrant this girl of yesterday to start talking and slapping back at me? Mum came back and was telling me one stupid "I should have realised she is now a woman."

This morning, she didn't greet me and was forming attitude for me. I have been trying to avoid her because i know that with what i have been thinking, if i should handle her again, if she don't pass out, then she will definitely lose a very sensitive part of her body maybe leg and that will be trouble for me too.

That is why i decided to come to ask if this is normal or something, i don't want to carry out further actions on her cause my mind is not good now.
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Nwodosis(m): 1:01pm On May 20, 2020
Behind every disrespectful woman, there is a big god!
You better allow her be o, your mother has said it all that she's now a woman, unless you didn't understand of what being a woman is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 20, 2020
Are you the right person for Ade?
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by godkiller(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2020
Don't reaact again please, you'll command respect by ignoring her. Anger is a destructive emotional response, be careful how you express it. No matter what, you are still her older sister.

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Prudency045: 1:03pm On May 20, 2020
She don dey chop prick of people older than you.

Don't hit her again. Just keep advicing her.

4 Likes

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by bmdmixer: 1:04pm On May 20, 2020
i wan sleep again, one artist song they give me headache wen i wake up, i go try another reverb.

now the above statement is an issue

not ur sister growing boobs and acting weird.
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by AfroKnight: 1:15pm On May 20, 2020
She will not respect you today, she will not respect you tomorrow. If she cannot respect your parents, don’t expect to be respected too.

Don’t let her antics get to you. Ignore her. Your self esteem and happiness are not tethered to her showing you respect.

1 Like

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Angelacruz: 1:17pm On May 20, 2020
Those behaviour could be as a result of onset of puberty or bad parenting
Lalastica1:
This is a girl i watched grow up and then, she gave me the greatest surprise of my life yesterday.

Initially, i have been hearing complaints about how stubborn she has been, sneaking out to follow boys, disobedience at home and many others but i chose to ignore those complaints.

Yesterday, she did something very bad and when i tried to scold her, she just burst into laughter as i was walking away making me look like a fool. I went back to her and ask if she was just laughing at me or what? is she assuming with me?

I landed her a slap and before i knew it, she responded by saying "I should never try to slap her again that she has been overlooking me else she will slap me back and that she has been respecting me all this while but it seems i don't want the respect anymore". What, i was shocked to the bones, " You will slap me back?", This statement provoked me and i gave her another slap and more surprisingly, she slapped me back. I never knew when i pounce on her until i realised she was a woman and a junior sister of mine and stopped.

But then, i have been thinking what could have warrant this girl of yesterday to start talking and slapping back at me? Mum came back and was telling me one stupid "I should have realised she is now a woman."

This morning, she didn't greet me and was forming attitude for me. I have been trying to avoid her because i know that with what i have been thinking, if i should handle her again, if she don't pass out, then she will definitely lose a very sensitive part of her body maybe leg and that will be trouble for me too.

That is why i decided to come to ask if this is normal or something, i don't want to carry out further actions on her cause my mind is not good now.
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Lalastica1: 1:27pm On May 20, 2020
AfroKnight:
She will not respect you today, she will not respect you tomorrow. If she cannot respect your parents, don’t expect to be respected too.

Don’t let her antics get to you. Ignore her. Your self esteem and happiness are not tethered to her showing you respect.
Thanks for this... i will just forget her kenan
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by SirMichael1: 1:30pm On May 20, 2020
Your parents did not install in you guys respect in hierachy. Chances are she's moving around with guys your age and talks to them rashly but these guys would mellow for her, then she brings the attitude home and you're her most recent victim. Lock her in a room and feed her through the window since she has chosen to behave like a dog. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Toxay(m): 1:33pm On May 20, 2020
You are not supposed to even slap at all.she is an adult for God's sake.
If she has offended you, withdraw any comfort you provide for her and completely ignore her
to preserve your respect

2 Likes

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by SirMichael1: 1:34pm On May 20, 2020
Lalastica1:

Thanks for this... i will just forget her kenan
do this and watch her come back home with a child or worse still, die.
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by SirMichael1: 1:36pm On May 20, 2020
Toxay:
If she has offended you, withdraw any comfort you provide for her and completely ignore her
to preserve your respect
An adult? I don't remember seeing where he gave out her age.
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by ut47(m): 1:38pm On May 20, 2020
The don start to eat big food
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Lalastica1: 1:39pm On May 20, 2020
Toxay:
to preserve your respect
he should be around 17 - 18, planning to write waec b4 dis pandemic...
is dat an adult. is she my senior?
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Lalastica1: 1:41pm On May 20, 2020
SirMichael1:
do this and watch her come back home with a child or worse still, die.
Her choice even if she die sef... the way i hate her now ehn
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by SirMichael1: 1:50pm On May 20, 2020
Lalastica1:

lol. Whatever you choose to make out of the situation...
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Lalastica1: 2:01pm On May 20, 2020
SirMichael1:
lol. Whatever you choose to make out of the situation...
her actions really hurted me bro. like where did she gather mind from to slap me back. flashbacks to the moment she slapped me have just been playing in my head since
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Kenoxman(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2020
Bro make I tell u the simple but hard truth, when u stay with ur parents for too long be u a man or woman but most especially a man, at a point ur younger siblings will get so used to you that they start losing respect for you. The situation is even worse if u don't have money. Even ur parents will belittle u and make u feel like a child. Familiarity they say breeds contempt. But if you are the type that comes and goes, u will always command respect. Maybe this lockdown is to be blamed. Move as soon as u have the chance and see how much respect u will command next time u come around.

3 Likes

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Reex12(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2020
op call me i go epp pin her down nd samankwe her she go learn lesson grin
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Toxay(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2020
Lalastica1:

he should be around 17 - 18, planning to write waec b4 dis pandemic...
is dat an adult. is she my senior?

She is an adult of some sort, you don't slap or beat a 17/18 yr old, you gain nothing from doing that but you can punish them through other means like not providing any financial support. That would actually hurt her
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Humanoid01(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2020
Wow!

There are some things you need to learn here. As weird as this seems, this might be an opportunity for you to get her to come back to her senses.

Don't think about the fact that she slapped you, this isn't about your ego, but her attitude. Also, ignore the fact that she doesn't want to greet or talk to you at all. That was expected, after beating her up and considering her attitude.

Right now, you need to humble yourself and walk up to her, then apologize for laying your hands on her. Tell her that you didn't mean to do that, and you were just surprised about her recent attitude. Please be really sincere. If you are sincere enough, chances are she'll consider your apology and be cool.

From there, you can tackle the issue by having a heart to heart talk with her, ask her questions that you think might have a thing to do with her attitude. Be prepared to hear the worst, and learn to be calm, so your reaction doesn't kick start another outburst of anger.

You didn't get close enough to her, and you were probably being too hard on her, that's one of the reasons she "grew wings" . So now is that opportunity to get really close to her and instill those values you intend for her to have. I don't need to be too explicit for you to know what I mean. Again, please be calm, nor go let your anger make mata worse o.

1 Like

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Mira4Ashawo(f): 4:33pm On May 20, 2020
Lalastica1:

it's because you're broke and still staying with your parents.
You better go hustle, make money and get a nice apartment and your younger sister will respect you.
God punish owu
Kenoxman:
Bro make I tell u the simple but hard truth, when u stay with ur parents for too long be u a man or woman but most especially a man, at a point ur younger siblings will get so used to you that they start losing respect for you. The situation is even worse if u don't have money. Even ur parents will belittle u and make u feel like a child. Familiarity they say breeds contempt. But if you are the type that comes and goes, u will always command respect. Maybe this lockdown is to be blamed. Move as soon as u have the chance and see how much respect u will command next time u come around.

gbam you said it all.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 20, 2020
Lalastica1:

nairaland is full of evil people , see them wishing your own blood sister die and u re accepting it
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by bencarson007(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2020
17-18

I am the eldest in my house and my immediate younger sister is just 2 years younger but she knows that a Bleep up from her, I dey treat am as war and all of them plus my brother respect seniority.

Now if this is a kid you really watch grow, bros leave all this bla bla bla advice of she being an adult and you being broke. Guy even if you broke, you no kill person. Abeg defend your honor first na. Show her you came to earth first.

Guy wear her multiple slaps and forget wetin momsi talk o... Shoe get size na
She dey mad or na relaxer dey her brain?

She won't dare that rubbish with me o...
You need to meet my sisters... They know when to draw the line because before I left home, I was war on my own. I take no prisoners.

Haba

WTF

2 Likes

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by bencarson007(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2020
Mira4Ashawo:
it's because you're broke and still staying with your parents.
You better go hustle, make money and get a nice apartment and your younger sister will respect you.
God punish owu

gbam you said it all.
God bless you.

Being broke is not a crime especially not among siblings. Everything and everybody get time and season. There is supposed to be honor among siblings and if the parents can't help him defend his honor, he should defend himself...the small witch even carry hand slap him sef... If na my younger age, she is finished. No be lie o
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by bencarson007(m): 5:45pm On May 20, 2020
Humanoid01:
Wow!

There are some things you need to learn here. As weird as this seems, this might be an opportunity for you to get her to come back to her senses.

Don't think about the fact that she slapped you, this isn't about your ego, but her attitude. Also, ignore the fact that she doesn't want to greet or talk to you at all. That was expected, after beating her up and considering her attitude.

Right now, you need to humble yourself and walk up to her, then apologize for laying your hands on her. Tell her that you didn't mean to do that, and you were just surprised about her recent attitude. Please be really sincere. If you are sincere enough, chances are she'll consider your apology and be cool.

From there, you can tackle the issue by having a heart to heart talk with her, ask her questions that you think might have a thing to do with her attitude. Be prepared to hear the worst, and learn to be calm, so your reaction doesn't kick start another outburst of anger.

You didn't get close enough to her, and you were probably being too hard on her, that's one of the reasons she "grew wings" . So now is that opportunity to get really close to her and instill those values you intend for her to have. I don't need to be too explicit for you to know what I mean. Again, please be calm, nor go let your anger make mata worse o.

Bros God no go shame us o.

There is a difference between discipline and allowing anger to get the better of you.

Abeg no vex, I go beat her mad and later call her and talk to her.

WTF
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by bencarson007(m): 5:48pm On May 20, 2020
Toxay:

She is an adult of some sort, you don't slap or beat a 17/18 yr old, you gain nothing from doing that but you can punish them through other means like not providing any financial support. That would actually hurt her

She is a kid...
Wetin she don see for life
She dey chop house food and go out go carry big manhood up and down no mean say she no go know where her boundary stops.

She is lucky she was not born as my sister... I no care o... Keep your respect but I will defend my honor to the last

What the hell
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by echibuogwu(m): 5:50pm On May 20, 2020
Don’t fight with her... beat sense into her
Lalastica1:

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Fidelismaria: 6:06pm On May 20, 2020
What can I say?

She's now chopping di!ck
Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by stanliwise(m): 6:11pm On May 20, 2020
Lalastica1:

The problem happened exactly to me but the solution and the source of the problem most time lies with the higher authority, for her to show you practical respect then some higher person in the house has to ensure the rules hold. If you don’t have the back up of your parent then don’t force it, it will cause more chaos.
The next thing is for you to start responding in a way that she don’t expect, anytime she starts a fight don’t react in a violent or aggressive way. Even if you will discipline her do it with a calm face. Refuse word exchange with her when she needed it.
This solution works because hence forth she will use what we call the game strategy. Which goes like this:

1. She does something bad
2. You complain
3. She ignores/ laugh/ or abuse you
4. You react violently
5. She does same too
6. And she blames you and the the day ends

This circle will continue, it is a chain of script

So what you do is to break that chain.
And this should be that you ignore one of those steps to break the chain and I recommend not doing 4 and 2.

Also avoid doing any childish act like she breaks your thing and you go break her things too. It is still same game strategy. Instead calmly report to higher authority or just ignore or tell her what she has done and what is means to you then don’t go any further.

In simple words your role right now should be that you ignore her and make her look stupid in any situation you can. An eye gesture is more painful than word exchange and laughing at some of her childish act is more painful than slapping. Do it with proper tactics.

You have to act as mature as possible and avoid any kind of activities that makes her your level including games, discussion, TV, you have to become unnecessary silent and careful around her. Anytime she is around you, hold yourself in high esteem and please please please never show that you are angry with her. Act so normal anytime you are around her but also act uninterested in anything she is doing. The more complex you appear to people, the more they respect you. Only hold your ground on issue that appear obviously wrong e.g she came into your room without knocking. Or eating your food or break your phone... aside this issue don’t waste time and don’t complain. Just express your opinion and Bleep off

And use the mirror strategy, the more she begin to respect your opinion the more you begin to take her seriously. Don’t fall for her on/off trap also, because she was nice to you once doesn’t prove she has change. Follow the mirror strategy until you know for sure she has changed

1 Like

Re: Pls. Help! My Sister Now Fights With Me (What Should I Do?) by Nuclear99(m): 7:10pm On May 20, 2020
Guy if you get small money, just rent 1 room leave that house asap, na my advise for you be that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Are Still Single / HIV Positive / Bbnaija's Erica Issues Stern Warning To Ayrra Starr On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.