Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Should I Expose Them? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Expose Them? (54848 Views)

An Expose On The Skills That Attract Highest Income / Is Their Any Processional Course That Can Expose Someone To Social Works.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Expose Them? by NosaHenry(m): 7:03pm On May 21, 2020
If you truly fear God and you choose not to participate, there is no reason why you should not tell. Know that God is watching you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by squad1: 7:04pm On May 21, 2020
Send an anonymous/random person to the woman. The person will explain, give all the details and walk away.

Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by tot(f): 7:05pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

either ways you are going to hurt people.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business.

They put themselves in trouble when they decided to start stealing!!! Jeez. How can you be trying to emotionally blackmail the OP like this?!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by prigoz(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2020
KingsJohnson:
Lol! Funny World

No wonder Nigeria is still where we are today in the name of minding one's business sad

Op do not listen to people telling you to mind your business; your job is at stake here because of their actions and inaction which failure of you to report to the MD or appropriate authority might bring a lot of regret to you in the future.

So do not allow yourself to be part of their criminal act by the world's opinion of minding your business, speak out today and be free, beside, you owe yourself, MD and company a duty to report such actions.
I concur with you. No matter how deep a river might be and you eat banana there, it's a question of time, the peel will float.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Frankoso(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2020
Ningen:
Drop an anonymous letter (or text) to the MD.
Or tag EFCC on Twitter.
This is a good option.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by DAYTOR: 7:06pm On May 21, 2020
Kindly look for a way to block the loop hole, then make it as suggesting to your MD.. Let her see reasons why you made that suggestion, that the company might grow more financially.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by tot(f): 7:06pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.

If this was YOUR cimpany, would you want to be told or not? Therein lies your answer.

No one is saying you shouldn't be tactical in how you go about it but keeping silent is absolutely wrong and makes you as guilty as the perpetrators.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nigerfine3: 7:07pm On May 21, 2020
Oga you are not God fearing as claimed, you said you are in charge then you can’t schedule a meeting with the MD to put things right and get honored
Re: Should I Expose Them? by crafteck(m): 7:08pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business

You would be an md one day...talk to the womans husband or talk to a police boss,work with them....he who ses evil and does nothing sometimes does more damage than the evil doer
Re: Should I Expose Them? by tot(f): 7:08pm On May 21, 2020
realtalk19:

Telling them of his intentions is risky .they can set him up or harm him.

Exactly. Very unwise.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by kayoxygen: 7:08pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Message me on 08058949814
Re: Should I Expose Them? by olumide4christ: 7:08pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Oga... you are the accountant and the custodian of all the money. If alarm blow, you think you will be free??
Na accountant police dey first arrest when alarm blow in money matters. Don't listen to those saying you should mind your own business, when you are the accountant of the company.
Blow the whistle now or else prepare for jail time ahead. I won't mince words here though you're in a dilemma.
In addition, integrity is critical in life... keeping quiet is evil and helping others to do evil (Read Romans 1:31-32).
A word is enough for the wise!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by foolbuster: 7:08pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
[s]Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business[/s].

You are talking trash

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Casper21: 7:08pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

But this woman is too nice to everyone of us for her to suffer such fate. What if she goes bankrupt? We will all find another job,but she will be left alone to lick her wound
Trust me, that's the best advice. The moment u expose names, bad things cometh to u
Re: Should I Expose Them? by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:08pm On May 21, 2020
Ningen:
Drop an anonymous letter (or text) to the MD.
Or tag EFCC on Twitter.

should be the first thing to do instead warning !

but make sure you can defend your self first
Re: Should I Expose Them? by xeundun(m): 7:10pm On May 21, 2020
I will advise you should gather enough evidence against them and present it to your MD.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Kayceenaz(m): 7:10pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Your real fear is losing your colleagues' friendship, not your job. If it is truly the latter, expose them immediately. Wait no longer! Having people who heartlessly steal is enough reason to cut off ties to them and underscore your integrity. Exonerate yourself now while you can. Save your boss' business, keeping mute makes you an accomplice to a great extent. Prove to your madam being good pays. Spill the beans now, tonight!

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by tot(f): 7:11pm On May 21, 2020
Gforce2015:
If she also didn't thief the money from someone, she can't be rich. Allow them to thief from the thievery remnant...after all we are all thief, it is only those that get caught that are criminals.

But my singular opinion is to do all you can to separate yourself from their shady dealings

Abeg, own your thievery alone, which one is we are all thieves? You and who? You all think everyone shares the same low morals Nigerians are known for.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by harsysky(m): 7:11pm On May 21, 2020
I don't want to read what others have told you because many will advise you mind your business. weigh it on a scale. does doing bad to people a good way of life? how would I feel if I were to be in the woman's shoe and someone gets to reveal this to me?

In this world of ours, God is the only one who rewards for good deeds. The best will be to look for ways to cut off those leeches trying to kill your boss. I don't care if your boss is wicked. let God judge her. If you can't cut off the medium those leeches siphon money, just tell your boss the truth. Mind you, you could mind your business and still get implicated. which is better?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by eventsmallchops: 7:11pm On May 21, 2020
is that not part of your job as an accountant ? report them, it will help you secure your job, if that company fold up now, you will all be jobless and suffer, remember you are in that position to know and protect that organization and that is why you are there, it's part of your job that you are being paid for, this is a foolish question.

I doubt you aren't part of the stealing though , may be you are only worry because others are stealing with impunity , stealing more than you because I see no reason why you should be encouraging thieves if you aren't one yourself.
you should be ashamed, you will all regret it! just wait for it.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Bluffly: 7:12pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

If you are in charge of all accounts, then develop a system that will block loop holes and educate your boss to be involved in control and approvals. If I may know at what point is the stealing been perpetrated? What nature of business? buying and selling....

Do not report anyone as you need to take your society into cognisance first before deploying any approach. Create events that will make the MD aware of transactions.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
For me minding your business is the best.
Na thief they know im fellow thief grin you might incriminate yourself while trying to report them undecided

I have seen where people put their self in trouble for trying to help others.

in simi's voice: mind your business wether you no like am mind your business.

You're not serious! angry
Re: Should I Expose Them? by skyfather09(m): 7:13pm On May 21, 2020
Sarkin:
that's street rule not fvcking corporate rule!
works both ways Bruh!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 7:13pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:

whoever you are, your an asshole, a coward and you probably can't make it in life past a certain level with this mindset.
dear op, report the bastards and damn the consequences, if you were the boss you'd want to be told if such is been done to your coy.
never joke with what feeds you....report them or you block such leakages yourself since you're in charge of account

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by teemy(m): 7:14pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business

Da shit is going down and you are going to be in the very center of it.
Let me help you break it down.

You said 'sooner or later', the company will crash down financially. Means right now a huge hole in the finances has been dug and it cannot be missed.

The company will crash and madam will go crazy that what should be a money maker, became a money loser. This corona season will easily expose things.

Whether by herself or through one of her big friends she will want to know the root of the matter and an external audit will be done and you become one of those to be scrutinized. As a matter of fact, you become the first person to be because if you had done your job well, it wouldn't have gotten to that stage of external audit. How you will state you did not join them to eat from the money will not even be entertained at that moment. Sha expect at least six months in the jail (this is despite you not being involved but you did not break the news).

It doesn't matter if you resign or relocate, if the fraud was done at a time you were there, you will be called to come and state things. Run and see your fine face on wanted list.

It is not your business how madam will handle things. If it is already this bad she will want them to vomit everything they swallowed. Still you will get blamed for being late but be sure you have enough evidence to show your non involvement.

All through, it is shit you have to cleanup.

An accounting student once told me that for a company to fold up, the accountant is the first person who is suspect. After all you are ACCOUNTABLE. Who will even employ you with that CV?

Banky W. ended it with Luke 16:12
And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

Do the right thing and do it well. Cheers bro.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Premiumwriter: 7:14pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:

I've never read anything as trashy as this.

My God!

Is this how you reason?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by DAYOODS(m): 7:15pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Don't mind your business report,you will not die. If company collapses,you will loose your Job. There is no job out there .
Re: Should I Expose Them? by trutht828: 7:15pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:

You are among the most sensless humans I've encountered in my life.

Imagine for a while if you are the owner of the business and someone who witnesses fraud in your company refuses to tell you because he is minding his own business.

You mean you don't want him to hurt his fellow workers who are intentionally hurting their boss by stealing her company dry?

Those who are stealing, didn't they think of the consequences of their actions on themselves and their families before they started robbing the poor woman? Snap out of your senselessness for a while and put yourself in the shoes of that woman, you dumb idiot!

You are a useless human being and people like you should be given the most painful of deaths. You don't deserve to be alive. Your living is a curse and and a cankerworm to everything that is good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Randy100: 7:15pm On May 21, 2020
praiseneo:
Join them
You are the only person that made sense to me.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by OsuIgboIpob: 7:15pm On May 21, 2020
Makavelli25:
earn up to 5k daily,check link in my signature

I hope you're extremely wealthy already?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

In such a small establishment, d mind ur business trick no go work. Expose them, if not when they are eventually caught, you guys will go to jail together & Surfer the owners curse together. Block leakage & expose the fuvckers
Re: Should I Expose Them? by ajl: 7:16pm On May 21, 2020
Do the right thing without being afraid of the consequences. You already know what the right to do is. Just do it without fear and be wise about it. A brain and a heart are God's gift. Use both complimentary.

The fact you already aware about it may make you an accomplice. It's called conspiracy in law court.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Pot-Bellied Nigerian Police Officers: Police Commission Worried / Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? / Lagos Police Officer With A Bottle Of Beer In Public Arrested. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.