Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Should I Expose Them? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Expose Them? (54847 Views)

An Expose On The Skills That Attract Highest Income / Is Their Any Processional Course That Can Expose Someone To Social Works.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Rheminix(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2020
My Advice: ask God for wisdom , most times we humans just like to rush, dont be impulsive in ur approach, we are humans and cant really tell left from our right if u are a christain its best u kneel and ask God for guidance, trust me he wont lead u wrongly. If u report your fellow colleagues to ur MD u never can tell if she herself is complicit in d crime too,it would shock you to later discover that she is just hiding under the guise of being a nice woman to deceive others.. Thats one part tho.. The other part if u dont report d company will fold up and then u loose ur job.. Best option ask God for guidance and also ask spirutual leaders for counsel so as to avoid errors..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Richsquad(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.

Bro ur issue is complicated..il advice u report to the owner somehow with evidence,but tell her to swear to u she wont reveal her source..she must give u her word b4 u give intel cos ur job will be lost if they keep stealling the money..if it was a big organisation id have said maybe mind ur biz but in this case pls do what is right..God help u goodluck

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by smiliyB(f): 6:44pm On May 21, 2020
AkuOlisa:
[color=#006600][/color]

You are not a trustworthy person.
I pray in my life time may I not be unfortunate enough to trust someone like you or have someone like you as a friend.

@op let your conscience lead you.
If truly you are a Godly person do the right thing and leave the rest to God.
Exactly, it's so unfortunate...I can't believe what I read sef embarassed
Re: Should I Expose Them? by grandstar(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15

You know the answer already. Report them
Re: Should I Expose Them? by gentlemate00: 6:45pm On May 21, 2020
No dilemma here bro if you are the owner of that business someone stealing from you, Please tell me you will be happy abi?

Fabulouzjoseph:
Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

either ways you are going to hurt people.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by CapodeCapouti(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2020
I'm disappointed that this is even an issue for you.As an accountant that you're ,your loyalty first and foremost is to your employer. I'm pretty sure from your write-up that your company does not have the internal control/audit unit. Which implies that the unit is part of what you're supposed to be doing.
These same people might not waste time in reporting you if they were in your shoes.
So in a nutshell you must report even though you're already an accomplice in the crime. Have evidence against them, reporting without an evidence is like shooting yourself on the foot.
You'll also come up with internal control policies and regulations to ensure such acts can not occur again or reduced to the minimum. I wish I could help with the policies, but time is the problem.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Internet247(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
better do the right thing, based on the fact say na you dey in charge of the funds generally , when shit goes down the company might hold you responsible , and would not want to listen to any story , that its one staff who has be running it !!!
That why you were put in charge in the first place!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by cooljr(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
It's not for deliberating, REPORT THEM.. what's bad is bad especially when it even involves where you get your daily bread from..
Re: Should I Expose Them? by WeRblessed(f): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
Yes. Di that quickly
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
praiseneo:
Join them
Behold one of the problems of Nigeria!!!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by WeRblessed(f): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
WeRblessed:
Yes. Do that quickly
Re: Should I Expose Them? by GloShare(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business

I wish you what you wish the MD.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by deji17: 6:48pm On May 21, 2020
If you think that exposing them might expose your life to danger, you should consider leaving the place and tipping off the owner anonymously. These guys are wicked and operates like a cult. They can do anything when they realize that their source of illicit funds is being threatened. The only thing that can stop them is if they run the company aground, the owner gets rid of them, or they kill the owner of the company.
That is why many Nigerians are scared to establish business at home sometimes.
Too many wicked and short sighted people.
Take a cue from this links to the news below:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/10/photosvideo-evil-staff-kidnap-and-kills-his-boss-after-he-was-sacked-for-stealing-eggs.html

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 21, 2020
Report it to the fraud department.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Ventura1: 6:48pm On May 21, 2020
rolams:

You better stay in your lane, there is a lot of gain in minding your business. Expose them and all of you get sacked!

Evil advice, I'm sure you are fasting o..

People like you needs to be identified
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Ghidey(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2020
you are not in a dilemma!
as the accountant you are the custodian of the companies finance and who have a duty to protect not only the owner but also the other people benefitting directly or indirectly including yourself.
you dont want to report. then you are not a professional. you re biased and likely to steal too or you are stealing in other areas.
why not put in mechanism to block all leakages?
if you know the job in and out and you have seen leakages then you should block it aside reporting anybody.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by frog12: 6:51pm On May 21, 2020
good post. go to police. get police advice!!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Jimgan8: 6:52pm On May 21, 2020
What is good is good & what is bad is bad. If you are clean & in charge of finances. Your duty is to report. Before doing that you should gather incontrovertible evidences to support your claim. Be truthful and use wisdom. Take a decision now before you become an alibi by association.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by EyenEkid(m): 6:52pm On May 21, 2020
Please report them and do it with evidence.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by feejay70: 6:52pm On May 21, 2020
Just tell them to stop it or else you will expose them
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Omonuejegbo(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2020
Op, your boss is not financially literate that is why she employed you who is financially literate to manage the company's funds for which you are being paid for. Not reporting them means you are not doing your job but you are being paid. Besides, sooner than later, your boss will discover it may be through an auditor. When that happens, all of you are in together. A word is enough for the wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 21, 2020
Either way all of you will go to jail when the investigation is concluded. How can you be an accountant and allow this go on and not sound the alarm?

You say she is a nice lady yet you are happy to see people rip her off??

I am sure your thieving colleagues complain about the decayed state of Nigeria and it's corrupt politicians, I am sure they also regularly attend church service 1-7x a week.Wicked creatures

Bosses be vigilant do the auditing and accounting yourself, do not hand it over to any old stranger.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by frog12: 6:55pm On May 21, 2020
how big is this company? how many employees? how are they able to do this ??
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 21, 2020
Bro don't mind your business oh. I am a living testimony. When i was still working for my ex ex boss, my colleague used to steal from her badly, and i used to warn them very well, but i never reported them to my boss cause i used to mind my business. Unfurnately for me, i found my self doing the same thing, and it later exposed after i had stopped working with her, i was now with my new boss when she came in and arrested me, i was detained by state cid Calabar. Thank GOD The issue was resolved but i spent 50k in bailing myself, and 180k for stealing, please secretly reveal it to your boss without your colleague's knowledge. Thanks. But i also stole my new boss money, and i later returned it unknowingly to her.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Jokerman(m): 6:56pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

either ways you are going to hurt people.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business.

A thief is supposed to be arrested and prosecuted, then sent to jail... Why must you steal to spoil another man business?? Don't you know you that support a thief is also a thief?? (Romans 1:28)

OP... Please report to the madam, and tell her not to mention your name
Re: Should I Expose Them? by AkuOlisa: 6:56pm On May 21, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
smiliyB:
Exactly, it's so unfortunate...I can't believe what I read sef embarassed

Unfortunately that is the mentality of majority of Nigerians.
As long as it doesn't affect us directly then it's none of our business.

The idiot is even more interested in saving the evil workers than the innocent woman who is unfortunate to employ thieves.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Omonete: 6:58pm On May 21, 2020
I'm fee you should expose them. Meanwhile I supply palm oil if you are interested call 08106073954
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nitah1: 6:58pm On May 21, 2020
KingsJohnson:
Lol! Funny World

No wonder Nigeria is still where we are today in the name of minding one's business sad

Op do not listen to people telling you to mind your business; your job is at stake here because of their actions and inaction which failure of you to report to the MD or appropriate authority might bring a lot of regret to you in the future.

So do not allow yourself to be part of their criminal act by the world's opinion of minding your business, speak out today and be free, beside, you owe yourself, MD and company a duty to report such actions.
Thank you sir,if he failed to expose them when the woman finally find out from another source he Inclusive will be suspect....and the police will say he know it all along but cos he's benefiting from it hence the need to keep quiet.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by AkuOlisa: 6:59pm On May 21, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Abbeylanre15:

Hmmmm.... I will consider this

Op if truly you are a Godly person as you claim please do the right thing and leave the rest to God.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by olumide4christ: 7:02pm On May 21, 2020
Okortor:
Bro pls go ahead and blow d whistle. Since u r hands are clean, whatever b d action later won't affect u because u will definitely b justified. I had similar experience in a commercial bank where I worked, I blew d whistle and even d bank's MD got to know, more Dan 300staffs were involved and lost their jobs, while d investigations were ongoing by d internal control, compliance and security Dept, d guys threatened to kill me, I received diverse calls, all day n night but I stood my ground because I was a strong man so threats na small tin. Las Las we went to onikan zone2 AIG office for invitation,all Account were put on PND including mine, we got there de told AIG i was involved but no evidence to back up..I kept all d mails of deir fraudulent activities. Eventually d banks lawyer stood for me and I returned back to my Job smiling, I was celebrated with a promotion..tho I had left for anoda bank but I kept referring people for job's and it's been granted cos Eva since d incident I av a cordial relationship with d MD, HEAD HR, and oda top mgt staffs. We chat on WhatsApp. I left because I was offered x3 pay in anoda bank and that's part of banking career progression. I wish u b best.

You have said it all... nothing much more to say. Like I always say, integrity pays!

I hope the OP understands what you have said and does the right thing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Pot-Bellied Nigerian Police Officers: Police Commission Worried / Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? / Lagos Police Officer With A Bottle Of Beer In Public Arrested. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.