Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,124 members, 7,953,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government (15138 Views)

We Are Still COVID-19 Free - Kogi Government Insists / COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / COVID-19: FG To Probe Kogi, Cross River Zero Case Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by wasi9ice: 12:48pm On May 22, 2020
TUANKU:

How did they know there are no cases without mass testing?
You lot will bring up sentiments and bigotry on each issue. How do you determine there's zero cases when you have zero testing?
okay, let's assume there's zero testing, has there been any death attributed to COVID 19 in Kogi State?

Covid isn't malaria, it spread very fast as much as l know,
I may not be an NCDC staff like you, but I am a friend and a good user of the internet ,do you know how many lives the likes of Italy, Spain USA France etc lost within a month?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Investnow2017: 1:17pm On May 22, 2020
TUANKU:

This is how a Caveman reasons. "Stop the testing and COVID-19 will vanish".This has to be the dumbest and most stupid thing one would read on the internet this year. People like you should be banned from procreating.

Now let me ask you. Nigeria with a population of some 205m and only 40k tests have been conducted so far, do you see your govt as prepared to effectively eradicate Covid-19? Same pandemic that many countries have each tested over 1m of their citizens, your country has only tested less than .000001% of it's citizens and you think with such paltry effort you can nurse any hope that this pandemic will be overcome any day soon?

I believe wholeheartedly in the fact that Covid-19 is very very present in Nigeria. My grouse is that the govt is not fighting the pandemic in a manner to give any hope to anyone relying on its effort. Look, if adequate testings were being executed, Nigeria right now can post no fewer than 50,000 cases. We are just advantaged that majority of the cases so far are mild to moderate and only a few need hospitalization.
My point in making my satirical statement is that the govt had better disband the agency responsible for managing this pandemic since we are not ready. Venezuela which is currently ravaged economically has executed over half million tests and your country is still leading from behind in Africa? Shame. If you think that Nigeria is going anywhere at this snail pace, it is to build hope in the wind.
Nature has helped the country so far, let's rely on nature, not a set up that is running here and there changing rules in the midst of the game. Treat Covid-19 like you would HIV and let us all have peace, after all it is clear we are not ready. If your hope is to get to that destination with this disjointed, snailed up method, think of something else.
Initially, they have to test to achieve double negative before discharging patients, now that has changed. Now they are thinking of having those who test positive to self isolate. What does that tell you?. Does it tell you that there has been any form of planning. Good planning projects into the future and attempts to apprehend all scenarios. I have not seen that here. I am keenly watching the space to see if we will not suddenly step back one day to say no let's go back to the statusquo, so that those shouting audio can change their tunes to video.
I am not a Caveman to pin my hope on this less than 0 effort of your government, because I'd o see what other nations are doing to fight this pandemic.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by rationalhuman(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2020
Some parts of India crosses 48 degrees.
There is no uniform weather in India, It is a subcontinent in itself, too too big.
In Northern Parts (Where i stayed during my study in India) In winters you can die freezing in snowfall while in summers you can die by heat.

Its expensive because you have to have Heating in Winter and Air conditioning in summer. Also Dehumidifier in rainy season.

Allwell96:
I don't think Kogi is the hottest state in Nigeria. By the way, no one says Corona Virus doesn't exist in hot zones. India sometimes goes up to 45°C, check out their rate of infection. I live in Kogi, we all need to be very careful by observing all the guidelines for safety as outlined by the NCDC.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Legendre2(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2020
Investnow2017:

If Covid-19 can be hidden without a test why waste money, I mean so much money, on testing? Stop the testing and Covid-19 will vanish. Lagos is getting higher figures because they are doing more testing. I think the whole exercise should be disbanded and let's face the economic depression that is already on hand.
Exactly. What is the essence of testing?. Kogi and Cross River have made us to understand that whatever the reason for testing is, it's overrated.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Legendre2(m): 4:20pm On May 22, 2020
TUANKU:

This is ridiculous. In Iceland people weren't dying but when the government tested all the citizens (Barely 400,000 population) and the results showed a quarter of the population were infected with many showing no symptoms.
That notion that people aren't dying in Kogi so no need for testing must be one of the dumbest thing one will hear all year long. People are not dying in Kogi but they are dying in other states. It's called being proactive.
Let me tell you what "being proactive" will get you. A new research suggests that some patients hospitalized with the coronavirus infection are likely to suffer from anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder months or years after they are released. The mental health impacts of COVID-19 will linger after the pandemic is over.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Legendre2(m): 4:25pm On May 22, 2020
kb83:

Well the fact remains that high temperature slows infection rate.
Fact from where?
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Hancycool111: 5:22pm On May 22, 2020
Rip
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by TUANKU(m): 5:47pm On May 22, 2020
Investnow2017:

Now let me ask you. Nigeria with a population of some 205m and only 40k tests have been conducted so far, do you see your govt as prepared to effectively eradicate Covid-19? Same pandemic that many countries have each tested over 1m of their citizens, your country has only tested less than .000001% of it's citizens and you think with such paltry effort you can nurse any hope that this pandemic will be overcome any day soon?

I believe wholeheartedly in the fact that Covid-19 is very very present in Nigeria. My grouse is that the govt is not fighting the pandemic in a manner to give any hope to anyone relying on its effort. Look, if adequate testings were being executed, Nigeria right now can post no fewer than 50,000 cases. We are just advantaged that majority of the cases so far are mild to moderate and only a few need hospitalization.
My point in making my satirical statement is that the govt had better disband the agency responsible for managing this pandemic since we are not ready. Venezuela which is currently ravaged economically has executed over half million tests and your country is still leading from behind in Africa? Shame. If you think that Nigeria is going anywhere at this snail pace, it is to build hope in the wind.
Nature has helped the country so far, let's rely on nature, not a set up that is running here and there changing rules in the midst of the game. Treat Covid-19 like you would HIV and let us all have peace, after all it is clear we are not ready. If your hope is to get to that destination with this disjointed, snailed up method, think of something else.
Initially, they have to test to achieve double negative before discharging patients, now that has changed. Now they are thinking of having those who test positive to self isolate. What does that tell you?. Does it tell you that there has been any form of planning. Good planning projects into the future and attempts to apprehend all scenarios. I have not seen that here. I am keenly watching the space to see if we will not suddenly step back one day to say no let's go back to the statusquo, so that those shouting audio can change their tunes to video.
I am not a Caveman to pin my hope on this less than 0 effort of your government, because I'd o see what other nations are doing to fight this pandemic.
Still you have failed to explain how stopping testing will make it any better.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Kaybaba5(m): 9:19pm On May 22, 2020
Covid na by force oya kogi governor receive power to have covid........
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Popularity(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2020
Na by force
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by supercase1(m): 12:29am On May 23, 2020
MoIbrahim:

For waiting until you start seeing dead bodies like Ganduje and Trump waited, your own foolishness is even more superb
Wallahi there is no way to help your case.i rest my case
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by MoIbrahim: 1:32am On May 23, 2020
supercase1:

Wallahi there is no way to help your case.i rest my case

Agreed, cos ur name says it all. You really need to rest ur case, ur neck must be hurting carrying number 1 supercase. Kpele
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Arizonaguy(m): 6:09pm On May 23, 2020
kb83:
Kano has an index that later led to the break out due to contact, even at infection rate is still slow and judging from what we heard Corona cannot survive a temperature above 26°C.
What you heard has long been discarded by WHO and leading medical scientists
You will do well to keep abreast of latest information and desist from peddling hearsays
Re: COVID-19: FG To Dispatch Experts To Re-Engage Kogi's Government by Arizonaguy(m): 6:15pm On May 23, 2020
wasi9ice:
okay, let's assume there's zero testing, has there been any death attributed to COVID 19 in Kogi State?

Covid isn't malaria, it spread very fast as much as l know,
I may not be an NCDC staff like you, but I am a friend and a good user of the internet ,do you know how many lives the likes of Italy, Spain USA France etc lost within a month?
It spreads very fast yet doesn't leave so much death in its wake
You seems not to be a good user of the internet like you claim else you would have remembered four suspected cases that died in FMC lokoja
Maybe its the retentive memory thing tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABUAD Signs Mou With Dubai Hospital To End Overseas Medical Tourism / Where Can I Donate Blood And Kidney And Get Paid / COVID-19 Update For September 28 2020 In Nigeria - (2,549 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.