Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? (62809 Views)

Federal Job Or Private Job / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Why Do Doctors Start Federal Job On Level 12? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by drehdinho(m): 9:21am On May 23, 2020
omoluabiguy:

Before you take that flight to Canada. Just subscribe to this channel and learn these skills otherwise, Na hustle you go hustle for there ooo. IT and software engineering is the biggest career out there these days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw

I'm currently learning C#. I can tell from the short videos I watched that you have a lot to offer.

I can't wait to get seated and focus to tap from your wealth of knowledge.

I wouldn't mind to connect with you on WhatsApp brother.

Can I mail you please?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Idrismusty97(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2020
I have 4 siblings who are Canadian citizens and they have been on my neck to migrate. I never took the calls seriously until this lockdown period. My siblings are arguing about the uncertainty of the Nigerian economy post-covid and advising me to seize this opportunity to migrate and start a new career over there
This should answer your question. Most people migrate without even having anybody over there but here you are still contemplating with 4 siblings who are even Canadian citizens.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by omoluabiguy: 9:45am On May 23, 2020
drehdinho:

I'm currently learning C#. I can tell from the short videos I watched that you have a lot to offer.

I can't wait to get seated and focus to tap from your wealth of knowledge.

I wouldn't mind to connect with you on WhatsApp brother.

Can I mail you please?

Yes, you can also subscribe to the YouTube channel and join this Facebook group where I would be interacting with anyone with issues. I respond faster than WhatsApp on the group as well. You are welcome to join us on the journey to fullstack

https://www./738709033333419/?ref=share
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by fairwayboy: 9:46am On May 23, 2020
Guy move to Canada
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Beejay51: 9:49am On May 23, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5876884/decision-make-phone-buy-need

WHILE HELPING OUT HERE, I ALSO NEED ADVICE ON A TOPIC.....IF YOU CAN BE KIND ENOUGH TO CHECK IT AND COMMENT. THANKS
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by chubiyojo(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2020
bros leave oh the economy of the nation is nothing to write home about better opportunities are out there for u
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by arazanbal: 10:05am On May 23, 2020
datola:
This that every one is leaving for Canada. Who will now remain to fix Nigeria

Most of you people just like to reap from where you did not sow.

And you are not going to the Canada to solve any problem for humanity but just to get 'good employment' and now pray that Nigeria catches fire and averyone remaining there should go to hell.

For those of you badmouthing Nigeria. Remember 'ajo Ko le da bi ile' (Other people's country can never be.like your own country)

By God's grace Nigeria shall be great again in my life time.

please sir/madam wake up from that dream you having now, naija will never i repeat will neva be great nor to talk of again, the feature of this country has already been sold what will end it is conflicts like that of sudan and regions will be broken and more conflicts will continue in does broken region till the world finally stop spinning, this corona virus as showed alot of the wickedness in this country, it unfortunate that you are not seeing it,
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:11am On May 23, 2020
ayodayg:
Post COVID19 Nigeria has already said by the finance minister is going to be economically unstable.
my brother, Canada is the right call.
thanks sir
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by leosahm(m): 10:17am On May 23, 2020
them no dy tell wise person make e comot 4rm sun........ U dy very lucky, me i dy pray say make i graduate well next yr, then go service, i wan jus run comot 4rm dz nigeria, i get canada 4 mind even if i no get person there, i knw xay GOD go make am 4 me............ Abeg no waste tyme run comot as soon as covid 19 clearz........ I dy unical
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by drehdinho(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2020
omoluabiguy:

Yes, you can also subscribe to the YouTube channel and join this Facebook group where I would be interacting with anyone with issues. I respond faster than WhatsApp on the group as well. You are welcome to join us on the journey to fullstack

https://www./738709033333419/?ref=share

For sure, you just added 1 sub to your channel brother. And I requested to join your group now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:22am On May 23, 2020
AnthonyAk:

What are your skiils?
are they transferrable to Canada?
Where in Canada are your siblings?
Are they married? whats their situation?
How much money do you have?

If you can answer all these then it will determine your Canadian experience
Although I have garnered experience in the health and financial services sectors, my major experience in the civil service is mainly administrative. From my findings, my job classification is included in the Canadian NOC. My professional certifications are spread across HSE, EIA, Fire Safety and Prevention, CPR and First Aid, Oil and Gas Environmental Management, etc. I also have adequate knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office and some other statistical package like SPSS. I intend to enroll for more ICT related trainings though.

Three of my siblings over there are married save one. They all have their citizenship now. They are doing white collar jobs and are very okay. They reside in different provinces; Winnipeg, Ontario, Alberta.

I have quite some savings plus a land property in Abuja (cost about 3m) although my siblings keep reassuring me of picking up all necessart expenses needed to migrate successfully. Last month alone (despite the COVID-19), they sent me 120k altogether for my upkeep. Thanks
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:24am On May 23, 2020
ominirajj:

PLEASE GO TO CANADA AND TAKE ME ALONG .ABEGG
thanks bro grin
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:25am On May 23, 2020
Joshforeal:
@Op if you ignore this comment and keep waiting for God to speak from Heaven, na sorry be your case ooo. Nothing and I repeat Nothing is worth staying in Nigeria for if you have the opportunity to migrate to a serious minded country. No let your village people win this battle ooo. Leave and help some of us that don't have any family there. You can be a Ladder to many people ooo. Leave their stupid and useless Federal Job ooooooo. I warn you ooooooo.
hmmm...thank you for your advise Sir
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:25am On May 23, 2020
sisisioge:
I'm not gonna read...just leave for Canada biko. Federal job ke!
grin thanks Sis
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:26am On May 23, 2020
squad1:
Hey Bro move. If u are in doubt, apply for study without pay (you can get up to 2 or 3 years) then come back if you are not contented. But I believe going there will worth it than staying here.

This advise will really form a major part of my decision. Thank you so much for taking your time to comment. God bless you bro
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:28am On May 23, 2020
gregpee:
Leave
But make sure all traveling documents are 95% complete before submitting your compulsory letter of resignation
Sure I will....but I am more disposed to the suggestion of applying for a study leave or leave of absence without pay (just to test the waters over there). So that I can be left with the option of returning if things do not work as planned over there. Thanks for your time Sir. God bless you.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Mishydoo(m): 10:30am On May 23, 2020
Some people just make comments to ruin the life of others "...if e no better for me,e no go better for am".

Before I left Nigeria,I was earning close to 200k monthly, yet I wntd to leave. my friend who kept telling me trash about abroad got the opportunity and left his permanent job,wife and baby and travelled...next,I was kidnapped and nearly killed,lost everything. Luckily,I too travelled few months after him.

My advice, don't let bad belle people ruin your life!
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by tylesh(f): 10:30am On May 23, 2020
TallNigerian:
Hello Nairalanders,

I will be 30 years in a few months and I have never felt so much unease as I do right now. I work with one of the federal parastatals and I am currently on level 10 going to 12 next year. I have a Master degree athough it is not exactly relevant to my current job.

The problem is that my organisation uses the Ministry salary structure and my monthly net is below 80k even as a level 10 staff.

I am not married and I am academically inclined. Asides having a Master degree, I have over 8 professional certifications.

I have been trying to clinch a transfer of service to a better parastatal where the remuneration is better and where my knowledge/experiences as a science graduate will be better appreciated but it has been a bit difficult.

However, just before the COVID-19 episode in Nigeria, I got the right link for a transfer of service to a better parastatal but the process got stalled with the COVID-19 palaver.

I have 4 siblings who are Canadian citizens and they have been on my neck to migrate. I never took the calls seriously until this lockdown period. My siblings are arguing about the uncertainty of the Nigerian economy post-covid and advising me to seize this opportunity to migrate and start a new career over there?

My question therefore, "is it wise to stay back since I have gone quite far in my public service career and just wait for the opportunity to transfer my service to a better paying federal parastatal OR do I migrate to Canada and start a new career?

Your honest inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

@CrazyMan @1forall Please I need your help in pushing this forward for a wider view. Thank you.
Go to Canada
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:33am On May 23, 2020
lawalbo:
My advice is to stay with ur job.. your in level 12 now very soon u go reach level 16 where u will begin to enjoy the benefits... You have a very bright future with ur credentials... I will also advise you to write a lot of Articles in line with your parastatals... That Canadian will become a playing ground where you go in and come out easily later in future.
Thanks for your advise. But promotion from level 12 upwards is four years. So getting to level 16 or 17 is no child's play too. Although, I will also consider your submission but I am really worried about the remuneration. Anytime I think of marriage and children, it scares me because I want the very best for my family. Thanks a lot for your time. God bless you.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:35am On May 23, 2020
omoluabiguy:

Before you take that flight to Canada. Just subscribe to this channel and learn these skills otherwise, Na hustle you go hustle for there ooo. IT and software engineering is the biggest career out there these days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw
Thanks a million bro. I am actually looking at ICT or public health as a new career if I migrate. This video should really be helpful. I will make sure to digest it well. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:35am On May 23, 2020
Achizzy7:
Fly, jump, RUN my broda...

post covid-19 will be very bad...

RUN! RUN!! RUN!!!
Okay bro...thank you so much
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Poooo: 10:36am On May 23, 2020
You can get to ur destination b4 year end.
Just don't rush ur still on time
But I'll need ur prof services can we chat
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:36am On May 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Please escape to Canada and pls don't forget to carry me along...
Thank you sis. Sure, you are welcome to tag along wink
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:37am On May 23, 2020
sircatherine45:

the devil and the sea

choose where your heart lies...
okay. Thank you sir.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:39am On May 23, 2020
macmoyor:
Why not tag along with your fed Job while tidying up your visa, assuming you are yet to get one.. better you stay employed and visa in your hands.. Put in your resignation only when you have crossed the Canada port of entry...you can also take vacation to Canada, if you haven't.
of course Sir, I have no intentions of tendering my resignation until all is set. Even then, I will opt for the option someone gave here; to apply for a study leave or leave of absence for 2 years to buy some time, incase I dont find canada as promising as I thought. Then I can return and fall back on my previous job. Thabk you Sir
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:40am On May 23, 2020
Topmaike007:
Federal job keel you there
shocked shocked We dey fight?
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:41am On May 23, 2020
KaptainAfrika:
This is the most important reason why you should go to Canada - "I am academically inclined"

Please go to a place where your passion, is appreciated and rewarded.

Thank you Sir. Your input is highly appreciated and will form part of my decision making. God bless you.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by omodave(m): 10:42am On May 23, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:
Let me tell u the simple truth, I export Yam and kola nut. The money I get from it I can't get it from Canada or the US. Let me tell u the real truth....I apply for credentialing in Canada and they have been disturbing since Monday that am qualified, they will issue work permit and Visa but I don't need it.
I pm u
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:43am On May 23, 2020
tabaski:
Guy get out and very fast. Wish I have ur opportunity.
Thank you. Opportunities will come for you by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by TallNigerian: 10:43am On May 23, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Even agbero in Lagos is making far more money than you in Nigeria. You don't belong here bro.
grin Your first sentence though. Harsh but true. Thank you for your input bro.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Devops: 10:45am On May 23, 2020
softplace:

i actually work a lot with scripts
Lie.. you're not a software engineer. Maybe a wordpress user or an imposter hosting people scripts.
How can you not use Github

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) / 8 Professions In Nigeria That May Be About To Disappear / Why Masturbation Can Destroy Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.