Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,505 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? - Career (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? (62764 Views)

Federal Job Or Private Job / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Why Do Doctors Start Federal Job On Level 12? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by mydeporch(f): 9:26pm On May 30, 2020
jojoseph:

My brother sorry to about your troubles with American embassy and nothing your father could do about it? Nobody will advise you not to travel, I'm just trying to advise based on my experience and what i see everytime i visit U.S. There's nothing anybody can tell you about U.S. until you come to see it for yourself.
The only way i will advise anybody to travel abroad is if you're the poorest of the poor and you can't afford to feed yourself. Then you can travel, I'm saying this base on my experience and seeing some of my colleagues that are still over there.
We all can not run away from the country and also remember where you're running to, those people doesn't want you. They are only trying to accommodate us.

In all ur submission sir, you are right but due to the situation an average nigerian youth find themselves, we just wanna go out but I know it's not easy. We believe it's always better out there....We all cant leave the country
Many are outside and regretting it but they cant come back...I cant really go into the details but With my story and where I am coming from....God help us to accept where he wants us to be...

I do tell my parents that they should never expect the whites to see them as one of them...My mum had a court case once cos of some issues at her place of work....THANK god it all ended well nd she won
Had to leave uk after MBA due to change of rules for PSW visa....One of my sec school mate in d UK there once told my husband if truly my parents gave birth to me or my real parents because dey couldnt do everything possible to make sure I stayed back...
I know I could not stay back illegally ....

Most things u said are BITTER TRUTH...
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by studentofTruth: 10:15am On May 31, 2020
JIREN01:
This has been my concern as well. I will be rounding up NYSC in a couple of month's time; few months into service year, I was able to get hold of some relevant info, which spurred me to test the waters of freelancing. Luckily enough for me, I succeeded and have been consistently raking nothing below 1000$ for the past few months; I earned above 2000$ at some point. The problem is living life after NYSC. I studied a medical-related course; however, no job in my field can afford to earn me my current earnings for a start; Heck, I'm even earning salaries of workers in managerial roles of multinationals. Given how primitive minded Nigerians are, especially the elderly civil servants, most of whom grin with envy when they see a young lad living the life. Most of them spent several years in service before they could afford a decent car (corolla sports) and a 3-bedroom flat built on loan, which they end up paying back through their noses for several decades.

My brother, if I tell you what I'm facing right now, you won't believe it. The envy, bitterness, rancour, and campaign of calumny is just unbearable.

My advice is to be mindful of where you live. A friend advised me to move to the Island. Though the cost of living is higher over there, I'm considering that seriously. So, live where there are predominantly more people earning above your income!

One more thing, on no occasion should you make your earnings public — even under false accusations of fraud. That's my greatest mistake. I was stupid to think that showing them how I make my money would make them stop. It got worse — they started calling Upwork fraud. Every day, they masturbate over my Upwork profile, checking how my earnings are increasing! I started displaying Upwork profiles of Nigerians who are earning far more, but they don't care. The bitterness is boiling by the day! It has turned to a tribal thing — they now discuss in Yoruba, planning what to do to me.

I know I may get killed at any moment. I hope I make it to Lekki alive!
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by studentofTruth: 10:49am On May 31, 2020
jojoseph:

I was about 19years old when i left Nigeria and i left because of education. At that time, we only have 4 universities in the country as a result some of us do not have a choice but to travel out of the country. My children were brought back to Nigeria and 3 of them finished thier secondary school education in Nigeria.
Hey, i pray for you IJN to grant you opportunity to travel to U.S. or Canada and in about 20 to 30years now, you will comprehend what I'm trying to convey to you. As I'm typing this message, I'm in Los Angeles stuck because of corona virus and i will be leaving once the boarders are opened. I will not even mind to sponsor you, just for you to go experience what I'm talking about.

I read all your comments Sir, and I agree with all of them. But you're overlooking one very important point — the collective poverty of the populace and the security issues it causes. Right now, I'm living in fear!

1 Like

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Rules7: 5:13pm On May 31, 2020
studentofTruth:

My brother, if I tell you what I'm facing right now, you won't believe it. The envy, bitterness, rancour, and campaign of calumny is just unbearable.

My advice is to be mindful of where you live. A friend advised me to move to the Island. Though the cost of living is higher over there, I'm considering that seriously. So, live where there are predominantly more people earning above your income!

One more thing, on no occasion should you make your earnings public — even under false accusations of fraud. That's my greatest mistake. I was stupid to think that showing them how I make my money would make them stop. It got worse — they started calling Upwork fraud. Every day, they masturbate over my Upwork profile, checking how my earnings are increasing! I started displaying Upwork profiles of Nigerians who are earning far more, but they don't care. The bitterness is boiling by the day! It has turned to a tribal thing — they now discuss in Yoruba, planning what to do to me.

Which niche Sir, are you a Dev?, just curious.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by JIREN01: 7:19pm On May 31, 2020
studentofTruth:

Looool, you are only overthinking. Nobody is killing you at the moment. I appreciate the heads up by the way.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by MasterJD(m): 9:24pm On May 31, 2020
Am impressed,am optimistic,I believe you
TallNigerian:
Thank you for your submission. I really appreciate this. We can keep in touch, hoping all things work out well.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by MasterJD(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2020
This is very disheartening
mamatwiny:

The same way we have not forgiven my mum for not migrating to yankee cos she was the first daughter. The chance was given to her younger one and she has forgotten how she travelled and insults anybody cos na she get the money

My brother, make hay while the sun shines.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by olumide006: 11:50pm On May 31, 2020
WANT TO START A PROFITABLE BUSINESS?
WANT TO GAIN A USEFUL SKILL?

LEARN HOW TO START A PROFESSIONAL CLEANING BUSINESS IN THIS INTENSE, ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE!

PROMO! PROMO!
₦35,000
NOW: ₦9,900

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by jojoseph(m): 3:51am On Jun 01, 2020
studentofTruth:

I read all your comments Sir, and I agree with all of them. But you're overlooking one very important point — the collective poverty of the populace and the security issues it causes. Right now, I'm living in fear!

Why are you living in fear?
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by studentofTruth: 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
JIREN01:
Looool, you are only overthinking. Nobody is killing you at the moment. I appreciate the heads up by the way.

They camped in front of my house yesternight, shouting owo, owo
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by studentofTruth: 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
jojoseph:

Why are you living in fear?

A neighbor leaked my Upwork profile to the youths in the community. Seeing the total earnings over the last 17 months got their poor heads swollen. Ignorant them can't use their heads or even ask Google to understand that total earnings doesn't mean that the money is intact — I have been using that money for feeding and other needs. After the incident last night, I upgraded to the Plus plan to keep my earnings private. Now, they think I withdrew all the money at once — I have started hearing their comments. I really don't know how this night will be.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by studentofTruth: 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
I saw some people surveying my house. I had to run out of my house. As I type now, I'm in a friend's house.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by BelieverDE: 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
studentofTruth:
I saw some people surveying my house. I had to run out of my house. As I type now, I'm in a friend's house.
embarassed embarassed

This is getting serious, please don't go back there at night. If you need to go there, please go with a friend........... jealousy is a disease angry
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by jojoseph(m): 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
BelieverDE:

embarassed embarassed

This is getting serious, please don't go back there at night. If you need to go there, please go with a friend........... jealousy is a disease angry

Please be careful.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by JIREN01: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
studentofTruth:

They camped in front of my house yesternight, shouting owo, owo
grin grin grin You might get robbed anytime soon. Abeg leave ooo.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by JIREN01: 12:04am On Jun 02, 2020
studentofTruth:

A neighbor leaked my Upwork profile to the youths in the community. Seeing the total earnings over the last 17 months got their poor heads swollen. Ignorant them can't use their heads or even ask Google to understand that total earnings doesn't mean that the money is intact — I have been using that money for feeding and other needs. After the incident last night, I upgraded to the Plus plan to keep my earnings private. Now, they think I withdrew all the money at once — I have started hearing their comments. I really don't know how this night will be.
Haaaa shocked shocked Mehn! The lord be with you Chief!! You absolutely need nobody to tell you to leave momentarily this does down.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by JIREN01: 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
AlphaT1:

Weldone Rx. The field is great...Int'l NGOs pay more than multinationals I believe....and sometimes the experience from a particular job is worth more than the salary (at entry level).....it is quite difficult getting into those juicy MDAs but not impossible....and as a Rx you'll attain managerial position in about 12 yrs (all things being equal)............Like motivational speakers will say; opportunities meet preparation (an acquired skill), sometimes those juicy MDAs might be looking for a skill that they can't get from Polithiefians' children, and you may just be that fit! ....I applied for a position with one of them and becos govt works like a snail, by the time they shortlisted (after several months) for interview I was busy with a project and couldn't attend....they kept calling me after the interview date had passed... And eventually rescheduled another date for me with all expenses paid (very unusual)......I left the interview with my appointment letter; I guess they did this to prevent me from changing my mind.....I was to resume in a month's time or the offer would lapse (stated boldly on the offer letter) but I resumed after 4 months and nothing happened....
Laughs at the last statement; that's Nigeria for us.
Can I send you a mail? I have a few enquiries to make.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by AlphaT1(m): 12:30am On Jun 03, 2020
JIREN01:
Laughs at the last statement; that's Nigeria for us.
Can I send you a mail? I have a few enquiries to make.
Yeah, you can send me a mail.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by JIREN01: 10:50am On Jun 03, 2020
studentofTruth:
How's the situation now boss?
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by obowunmi(m): 11:45am On Jun 08, 2020
TallNigerian:
Thank you Sir. Do you have a reason why you emphasised on getting married before migrating because I am not in a relationship presently? I also do not think I can get married that soon before leaving.

Its very lonely in Canada.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by dgee1(m): 7:48am On Jun 09, 2020
Still hoping to hear from you on this, please.
Onlyonebuhari:
Let me tell u the simple truth, I export Yam and kola nut. The money I get from it I can't get it from Canada or the US. Let me tell u the real truth....I apply for credentialing in Canada and they have been disturbing since Monday that am qualified, they will issue work permit and Visa but I don't need it.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Onlyonebuhari: 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
dgee1:
Still hoping to hear from you on this, please.

Give me a pm.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by dgee1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
I have sent you an email, thanks
Onlyonebuhari:

Give me a pm.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by studentofTruth: 7:15am On Jun 11, 2020
JIREN01:
How's the situation now boss?

Thanks for your concern bro. I later went back home. Now, I want to believe that things are getting calm, though I overheard 3 of them talking yesterday (a 60+ old man living opposite my house across the street, one jobless young man living beside him, and another 60+ old man living down the street) — the first man telling them something like "owo still waa laptop"

Though my rent not due until October, I'm planning to leave the place to an area where people are making better income.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by frontliner065(m): 9:06am On Jun 11, 2020
@StudentofTruth, I don't know how to message you directly on this platform. If you see this, try to reply me. I will help out. I have been in this situation before.

studentofTruth:

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by frontliner065(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2020
@StudentOfTruth I have been on this platform for a long while but seldom frequent here so I am struggling on how to send a DM.

Your post caught my attention. I would definitely help you out. I have once been there. Try sending me a DM. I can't share my no. or mail cos of the devils here.

Best regards,

studentofTruth:

Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Scholar212(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2020
TallNigerian:
Hello Nairalanders,

I will be 30 years in a few months and I have never felt so much unease as I do right now. I work with one of the federal parastatals and I am currently on level 10 going to 12 next year. I have a Master degree athough it is not exactly relevant to my current job.

The problem is that my organisation uses the Ministry salary structure and my monthly net is below 80k even as a level 10 staff.

I am not married and I am academically inclined. Asides having a Master degree, I have over 8 professional certifications.

I have been trying to clinch a transfer of service to a better parastatal where the remuneration is better and where my knowledge/experiences as a science graduate will be better appreciated but it has been a bit difficult.

However, just before the COVID-19 episode in Nigeria, I got the right link for a transfer of service to a better parastatal but the process got stalled with the COVID-19 palaver.

I have 4 siblings who are Canadian citizens and they have been on my neck to migrate. I never took the calls seriously until this lockdown period. My siblings are arguing about the uncertainty of the Nigerian economy post-covid and advising me to seize this opportunity to migrate and start a new career over there?

My question therefore, "is it wise to stay back since I have gone quite far in my public service career and just wait for the opportunity to transfer my service to a better paying federal parastatal OR do I migrate to Canada and start a new career?

Your honest inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

@CrazyMan @1forall Please I need your help in pushing this forward for a wider view. Thank you.
Imagine you even have siblings that will accomdate you and make transition to Canada smooth as against those that enter without any direction and you are contemplating over salary that you can make in a week over there. No let your village people hold your destiny
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by studentofTruth: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
frontliner065:
@StudentOfTruth I have been on this platform for a long while but seldom frequent here so I am struggling on how to send a DM.

Your post caught my attention. I would definitely help you out. I have once been there. Try sending me a DM. I can't share my no. or mail cos of the devils here.

Best regards,

I've replied you.
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Enculer: 11:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
Lesve the zoo
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by DEmejioba1: 11:13am On Jun 15, 2020
drehdinho:

Brother, go and learn one programming language.

This will pay off in the end.

Join StartNG or contact me through email, I'm ready to put you through without collecting a dime.

Nigeria is such a useless country.
bro I tried to search for this online but i couldn't fine anything. Help me out pls
Re: Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? by Scholar212(m): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2020
DEmejioba1:
bro I tried to search for this online but i couldn't fine anything. Help me out pls
the website is Startdotng ,replace the dot with "." it is beginners programming online training cohort by Mark Essien the owner of hotelsdotng. Currently I don't know if it is still open but you can always check the site to know when the next batch will open

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) / 8 Professions In Nigeria That May Be About To Disappear / Why Masturbation Can Destroy Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.