Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow (40454 Views)

Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues / Ramadan 2019: NSCIA Releases 30 Contact Details For Moon-sighting Notice – FULL / Ramadan 2018: Searching Of The New Crescent - NSCIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Temysteve(m): 10:26pm On May 22, 2020
datola:
I'm not sure Yoruba Muslims will follow their aboki counterpart's directives.
They have been following the Aboki long time ago, always looking for the moon that didn't lost.

1 Like

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 10:27pm On May 22, 2020
Unbelievers can be funny, they had to swear before they comment on Islamic thread but they wouldn't mind.

Hardly will you see Muslims on others religion related stuff.

12 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 10:28pm On May 22, 2020
Temysteve:
They have been following the Aboki long time ago, always looking for the moon that didn't lost.
Our business ,not yours.
How does it affect you?

4 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Dreyton36: 10:28pm On May 22, 2020
Abujalandlord:

May Allah SWA reward you abundantly for your exceptional efforts during this month of Ramadan
Ameen and you too

6 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Kingrefreshed: 10:29pm On May 22, 2020

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by IslamVIRGINS(f): 10:29pm On May 22, 2020
Ohh My God, Sultan Where Is The Moon grin

1 Like

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by imrany20(m): 10:31pm On May 22, 2020
Nawa oo, I still don't know why some confused and lost people cannot ignore a thread that does not concerns them.pls, if u dont have something positive to say do wake pass and stop killing yourself all because of the Islamic religion.we are committed, devoted and always ready to observe the fasting even if the moon is not sighted tomorrow. Masalam Ya Ramadan.

4 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:33pm On May 22, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin

Everything about this region just dey make me laugh cheesy
Of course, because you are very ignorant
I'm 100% sure that if you are asked to say something about the lunar calendar, you will be looking like an emptyheaded slay queen olosho that you are

11 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by yusfatedeeprof(m): 10:36pm On May 22, 2020
DrChukki:
But what if the moon decides to come out in December...?
Its called the lunar calendar. A Lunar calendar is one that is based on the cycles of the moon phases...... If after the 30th day the moon is not sighted, a new month starts automatically....

The lunar calendar (Islamic calendar) is what Muslims all over the globe uses as oppose to the Gregorian calendar

13 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:38pm On May 22, 2020
Ain't it surprising that in a Muslim thread christians took over the entire front page

What's the Christian obsession with anything about Islam and Muslims

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by yusfatedeeprof(m): 10:42pm On May 22, 2020
eleojo23:
This is funny sha.

So what if the moon refuses to come out for another one week? Fasting continua?...

Can't they just pick a date and stick to it every year? Why the stress of looking for the moon all the time?

Its called the lunar calendar. A Lunar calendar is one that is based on the cycles of the moon phases...... If after the 30th day the moon is not sighted, a new month starts automatically....

The lunar calendar (Islamic calendar) is what Muslims all over the globe uses as oppose to the Gregorian calendar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_calendar
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by yusfatedeeprof(m): 10:43pm On May 22, 2020
missimelda01:
Wait.. What!

You need the moon to stop fasting?? Didn't know that shocked
What if something happens and the moon doesn't show for the next 7 days undecided

The lunar calendar is what Muslims all over the globe uses as oppose to the Gregorian calendar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_calendar
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2020
Abdulmujeeb52:
Unbelievers can be funny, they had to swear before they comment on Islamic thread but they wouldn't mind.

Hardly will you see Muslims on others religion related stuff.
I'm telling you

Their obsession with Islam and Muslims is just sickening

7 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by luluman: 10:49pm On May 22, 2020
PHfinest:

Will the holidays still hold?
Even holiday don lost.
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:50pm On May 22, 2020
this 2020 en,

soliemani
Iran is USA
Kobe Bryant
Liverpool attempted to win league, corona say na lie, the moon follow hide.

were are those people saying "2020 is my year"..
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by MurphyG1(m): 10:51pm On May 22, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin

Na you be the joke here! angry
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Fabkimzzy1: 10:57pm On May 22, 2020
Predator1:
I read some comment but I can only conclude that is because they do not know. Every month in the Islamic calendar requires moon sighting and hence a new moon must be seen before the new month begins. If it is not sighted today it will be sighted tomorrow

You don't hold them any explanation, you should just have left them....bunch of fools

7 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Pat081: 11:03pm On May 22, 2020
Lol d fasting will go on and is better we shuld nt try this wen we are in d month of rain
DrChukki:
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by HeroicMeastro: 11:07pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=eleojo23 post=89852993]This is funny sha.

So what if the moon refuses to come out for another one week? Fasting continua?...

Can't they just pick a date and stick to it every year? Why the stress of looking for the moon all the time?

By tomorrow, the Islamic month (Ramadan) will be 30, no further moon sightseeing would be necessary because the month will end at 30.
Seek knowledge to clear your ignorance, don't just sit and be saying trash.
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by HeroicMeastro: 11:07pm On May 22, 2020
missimelda01:
Wait.. What!

What if something happens and the moon doesn't show for the next 7 days undecided
By tomorrow, the Islamic month (Ramadan) will be 30, no further moon sightseeing would be necessary because the month will end at 30.
Seek knowledge to clear your ignorance, don't just sit and be saying trash.

6 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Pat081: 11:13pm On May 22, 2020
Abi nw ,why can they pick a date every year and b doing this and what of if there is 3days rain at night that means the fasting will goin on or stop
Temysteve:
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Fabkimzzy1: 11:15pm On May 22, 2020
just2endowed:

Scientifically, the Moon never rotate. It where it is. We are only seeing 40% of the moon but the remaining 60% is in the dark side where telescope can never see. It means that if appollo team had gotten to the other 60% of the moon side, they wouldn't have seen the earth until they move to the other side of the 40% of the moon that's facing the earth.

Wrong!!!
Scientifically, moon rotates just like earth does. An observer from the earth could not notice this rotation just because the moon is tidally locked to the earth. That's why there is lunar day(24hr 50min appr. 27 days 7hr) and solar day(24hr appr. 29days 12hrs). Get your facts right

4 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:15pm On May 22, 2020
Ma sha Allah !
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by cronsberg: 11:19pm On May 22, 2020
eleojo23:
This is funny sha.

Please no one should reply comments like the one I am quoting. It is an exercise in futility. They are asking these questions, not to know, but to create jest of the whole thing.

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by uthlaw: 11:25pm On May 22, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin

sure but we actually pray in one way all of over the world,the moon we follow is from God...some Religion don't have directive,some celebrate Esther while others don't..the system of practice is different and they condemn one another,even the person they follow never practice any of the religion way!

3 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by spiralwedge(m): 11:26pm On May 22, 2020
If una like, make una no sight am till next year. Your public holidays can not exceed 2 days. Yẹyẹ

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by 21savages: 11:27pm On May 22, 2020
Abdulhakeem78:
Alihamdulilah, Allaah has added a day of more rewards to all Muslims. May He accept it from you and me as act of ibaadah (worship).
Amin

3 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by abdsamad(m): 11:32pm On May 22, 2020
missimelda01:
Wait.. What!

It's a lunar calendar. Emphasis on LUNAR.
I think someone needs to brush up on their astronomy
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by abdsamad(m): 11:35pm On May 22, 2020
cronsberg:
Please no one should reply comments like the one I am quoting. It is an exercise in futility. They are asking these questions, not to know, but to create jest of the whole thing.

As in ehn...

To read up on stuff, they won't do. That's how people end up saying stuff like the earth is flat when they refuse to be properly educated.

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by babayaro7: 11:36pm On May 22, 2020
DrChukki:

It will never happen guy, and in Islam, month will not exceed 30 days, we don't have 31 days month. I hope with this, you have a better understanding

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Fuckingmallam45(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2020
amiibaby:
Ugly guy like u living the ancient life... una go look for moon uwa ekpuo Unu
Na that guy fuc.k up, you Know fine at all, wallai na packaging, no natural beauty. Get out ugly thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by abdsamad(m): 11:39pm On May 22, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Ain't it surprising that in a Muslim thread christians took over the entire front page

What's the Christian obsession with anything about Islam and Muslims

One word: Ignorance
Most have barely read the bible, much less the quran.

To be fair, muslims also have an unhealthy obsession with xtians.
The whole thing amuses me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Islam And Exorcism / Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar / Kenyan Cancer Patient Goes To Hajj For His Last Wish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.