Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow (40458 Views)

Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues / Ramadan 2019: NSCIA Releases 30 Contact Details For Moon-sighting Notice – FULL / Ramadan 2018: Searching Of The New Crescent - NSCIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by babtoundey(m): 4:03am On May 23, 2020
amiibaby:
Which yeye moon Muslims are not serious
Hope you can sleep now that you have expressed your ignorance on a public forum just to entertain ignorant bigots like yourself on a public forum you.

1 Like

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by BEEFIE: 4:12am On May 23, 2020
eleojo23:
This is funny sha.

So what if the moon refuses to come out for another one week? Fasting continua?...

Can't they just pick a date and stick to it every year? Why the stress of looking for the moon all the time?

religion is a celestial things not your scientific logic.
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by ayinde2020: 4:34am On May 23, 2020
All those making unnecessary comment should please tell me how months are counted during the time of Jesus?
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by tofkay: 4:34am On May 23, 2020
I read comments here and I can't stop laughing. Ignorance is a disease. What you don't know is more than you no matter how simple it is.
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by ayinde2020: 4:36am On May 23, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin
Everything about this region just dey make me laugh cheesy
can you please tell me how months are counted during the time of Jesus
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by ayinde2020: 4:39am On May 23, 2020
missimelda01:
Wait.. What!

You need the moon to stop fasting?? Didn't know that shocked
What if something happens and the moon doesn't show for the next 7 days undecided
I think you should ask ur pastor or make research on how it is done during the time of Jesus

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:07am On May 23, 2020
abdsamad:

One word: Ignorance
Most have barely read the bible, much less the quran.

To be fair, muslims also have an unhealthy obsession with xtians.
The whole thing amuses me
Without trying to hold brief for Muslims, you hardly find Muslims engaging christians in Christian thread
I stand to be corrected

It is exactly for this very reason NL mods introduced a barrier in Muslim thread before people can comment

3 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by ridwanlawal: 5:10am On May 23, 2020
Ramadan Kareem
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by yrex01(m): 5:12am On May 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Ain't it surprising that in a Muslim thread christians took over the entire front page

What's the Christian obsession with anything about Islam and Muslims
it's has stated in the holy book Quran nau !! They'd swear to be a Muslim but just to make a joke of it. And I know their problems, it's bcoz everything about their religion is irrelevant n fake !!

3 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Zeinymira(f): 5:13am On May 23, 2020
abdsamad:

One word: Ignorance
Most have barely read the bible, much less the quran.

To be fair, muslims also have an unhealthy obsession with xtians.
The whole thing amuses me

You can hardly see a Muslim comment on xtians thread, it is rare. You can check the religion section

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Heffe: 5:32am On May 23, 2020
YourNextLevel:
Hahahahha

Guys chill. The moon will appear before 6am tomorrow. Just wait for the update in few hours.

Quote me
Sho me de moon

1 Like

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by abdsamad(m): 5:41am On May 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Without trying to hold brief for Muslims, you hardly find Muslims engaging christians in Christian thread
I stand to be corrected

It is exactly for this very reason NL mods introduced a barrier in Muslim thread before people can comment

Perhaps I was wrong. I guess I was trying too hard to be balanced
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by abdsamad(m): 5:44am On May 23, 2020
Zeinymira:
[/b]
You can hardly see a Muslim comment on xtians thread, it is rare. You can check the religion section

Toor. I take back my comment then.

Xtian people, what's up? They said you've been stalking muslims up an down, is it a lie? Do we need to book a group counseling session? wink

1 Like

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by abdsamad(m): 5:48am On May 23, 2020
yrex01:
it's has stated in the holy book Quran nau !! They'd swear to be a Muslim but just to make a joke of it. And I know their problems, it's bcoz everything about their religion is irrelevant n fake !!

Umm, please try to be a little less animated about it. Christianity is neither irrelevant nor fake. It's been massively corrupted and misunderstood but there are a lot of genuinely good christians. Many of them better than you and I in many ways. May Allah guide us towards Jannah

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:07am On May 23, 2020
abdsamad:

Perhaps I was wrong. I guess I was trying too hard to be balanced
I understand bro

1 Like

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by sule17(m): 6:22am On May 23, 2020
eleojo23:
This is funny sha.

So what if the moon refuses to come out for another one week? Fasting continua?...

Can't they just pick a date and stick to it every year? Why the stress of looking for the moon all the time?

ELEOJO, FASTING IS EITHER 29 OR 30 AND TODAY MAKE IT 30. NO MONTH IN ISLAMIC CALENDA 28 OR 31

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Yunisa001(m): 6:46am On May 23, 2020
eleojo23:
This is funny sha.

ignorant at it's peak

1 Like

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Kakagiwa(f): 6:47am On May 23, 2020
Wait.. What!

What if something happens and the moon doesn't show for the next 7 days undecided[Even if it doesn't show, the month never exceed 30 days ]
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Kakagiwa(f): 6:53am On May 23, 2020
Predator1:
I read some comment but I can only conclude that is because they do not know. Every month in the Islamic calendar requires moon sighting and hence a new moon must be seen before the new month begins. If it is not sighted today it will be sighted tomorrow
Masha Allah
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Kakagiwa(f): 6:55am On May 23, 2020
[quote author=Dreyton36 post=89853477]ALHAMDULILLAH, I'm about to finish reading my Qur'an for the 5th time this Ramadan , and I'm on my fifth completion of the Qur'an, thank God we're fasting tomorrow , I'll have enough time to finish the few last pages left cool[/Masha Allah

1 Like

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by yusfatedeeprof(m): 7:05am On May 23, 2020
Pat081:
Abi nw ,why can they pick a date every year and b doing this and what of if there is 3days rain at night that means the fasting will goin on or stop
Lol, ignorance at it's peak.... Now you think to yourself that you are wise cheesy

Fasting for Muslims is always in the month of Ramadan which could be 29days or 30 days (Lunar calendar not your conventional Gregorian calendar... So there is a date and at a time

A Lunar calendar is one that is based on the cycles of the moon phases...... If after the 30th day the moon is not sighted, a new month starts automatically....

The lunar calendar is what Muslims all over the globe uses as oppose to the Gregorian calendar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_calendar
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by 1Sharon(f): 7:25am On May 23, 2020
missimelda01:
Wait.. What!

What if something happens and the moon doesn't show for the next 7 days undecided

grin

You see why he's called Allah the moon god?

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by babz11(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2020
Moon self dey on self isolation Almighty Allah surprised the world 80percent of Muslim believe this Ramadan will be 29 , grin grin grin
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:25am On May 23, 2020
missimelda01:
Wait.. What!

They will die well.. but muslim fast is not like Christian fasting. Its more relaxed and with surplus feeding hours so don't worry grin
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by Fordzzy(m): 9:37am On May 23, 2020
I wish they don't sight the moon...

I wana knw the resultant effect...

Whether the world will cease to exist.
Re: NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow by baajetu(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2020
just2endowed:

Scientifically, the Moon never rotate. It where it is. We are only seeing 40% of the moon but the remaining 60% is in the dark side where telescope can never see. It means that if appollo team had gotten to the other 60% of the moon side, they wouldn't have seen the earth until they move to the other side of the 40% of the moon that's facing the earth.

So this thread is lock again to swearing as a Muslim. Well I was able to reply before it was lock. For the guy below me... The moon is lock with the earth and that's why its the same position of the earth that's facing the world the earth.
yes we were thought that in school, but you are too far away from modern knowledge, go back to your modern science, the moon rotates, the earth rotates, and to shock you, the sun rotates. Ode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Islam And Exorcism / Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar / Kenyan Cancer Patient Goes To Hajj For His Last Wish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.