Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? (33473 Views)

5 Prophets Muslims And Christians Share Together In Their Holy Books. / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bigtt76(f): 1:02pm On May 24, 2020
True! Infact as a Muslim, you can get killed worshiping or sacrificing to any idol

People need to understand that Muslims don't worship Muhammed but acknowledges his effort in spreading the word of Allah (God) the same way we acknowledge Jesus Christ. Muhammed is not an idol and there's been no figurine depicting him as such.

Rozz:
exactly,most of the people with negative comments here have had little or no interactions with muslims,they can be very nice and they don't involve in any form of idolatry actions as some persons stated above
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Psalmist1: 1:02pm On May 24, 2020
ransomed:

Gluttony has blindfolded many Christians to the point of eating meat sacrificed to an Arabian deity that was housed in Kaaba about 1441 ah.
You are eating meat that they slaughtered with Islamic recitation in other name. Whereas Acts 4 v 12 has given you the final verdict. Apiri ogologo.

The only thing I would to say regarding your opinion is, what do know about your neighbour and the food he has brought to eat or have invited you to eat?. What is your thought concerning the said food- is it an idol food and do you call the food defiled? If so it is defiled, and if not so it's not defiled. What you know and battle with your thought gives you what you fear and reject or accept and bless because accepting someone gift and wasting it it's also a sin.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by luluman: 1:04pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort
How can there be a day without you being dumb? So because yorubas want to please you big headed yeebos they should not accept food from moslems? For the umpteenth time get it straight: yorubas have kins/ relations that are moslems & we cannot deny & forsake them for one yeye dubious bid headed traitor of Igbo.By the way, You think we dont know that some of your brothers in the East decided to become moslem & change their names & you could not do anything about it but look for one tribe to blame. Shege,dan iska kutuma buroubanka.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bskyb(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2020
jesmond3945:
go to middle east were their is money and invite them to come and eat. You would see the way they would insult you. There is poverty bro. so even amadioha cook fried rice and invite Nigerians they would still go and eat.

My brother, the folks who eat at my place are not street urchins nor are they poor people. They are people who have built their own houses, have their own cars and can afford the basic needs of life.
Now, I have not been to the middle east except on holidays so I can not say much about how they would react. The discussion here is about Nigeria and Northern muslims in particular, so I don't think the middle East is an important factor here.
Secondly, it is about whether Christ permits eating such foods or not. No body has shown me where that is stated in the Bible. The verses and chapters quoted are quite explanatory. It is sure that If Jesus was here today, we would have castigated him for being friends with Zaccheus and Mathew. These things we often do thinking that this is what God wants. Now let anyone who has proof that God said otherwise present it
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by kenny160: 1:05pm On May 24, 2020
sbaks:
Religious extremism is never ideal for true enlightenment
na u know that one o.. Me i don talk my own. Av u ever reach heaven before? And before all these religions come na traditional religion all our forefather they practice no problem but as xtian and muslim enter our country.. Hatered comes in lack of trust comes in killing and bad bad thing enter may God help us...

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by LordShiva97(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort

And who made you the judge of who's a real Christian and who's not?
Across the North, I have seen and heard of countless occassions where Muslims accepted meals from their Christian neighbors and friends during Christmas and Easter celebrations. I have also seen it in the Southeast.

You also had to bare your deep-seated ethnic bigotry by dragging your tribalism into it, not surprised. What does Yorubas have with the personal decision taken by the the OP? Only a tribalistic human like you can make such a connection where none exist.

We should prioritize religious tolerance and peaceful coexistence between Muslims and Christians over doctrinal purity. There's absolutely nothing wrong with partaking in Islamic celebrations as a Christian or in Christian celebrations as a Muslim. Any act that builds bridges and strenghtens bonds should be highly welcomed.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by awoluyi(m): 1:06pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

I can see why students don't make good grades in their examinations while in school.
Please read the question again and go through your answer!
Then score yourself.
This is one the problems studying in this era of handouts.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
True! Infact as a Muslim, you can get killed worshiping or sacrificing to any idol

exactly,having related and interacted with muslims over the years, I can really say some things confidently about them.my dear there's enough meat and drinks at my disposal only if you were close lol

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by demmy66: 1:07pm On May 24, 2020
AustineCJ:
Well, let me drop my opinion on this. i grew up in the north, maiduguri to be precise. during christmas, my muslim sxhool mates do visit me at home n eat with me ..... during sallah, though i don't go to their houses but they bring me drinks, chinchin, cakes etc in class. the only food i ve issue with is the Meat, which is gotten from the ram n its believed was dedicated to their God before slaughter...though i dnt knw how true its ....but neither those things affected my faith in Christ jesus or killed me. in fact good muslims r very nice n understanding.
I love how you have clarified false information as someone who have lived in the north.. for this reason, I will furnish you with reason why Muslims slaughter animals as sacrifice as it can be found in the bible and Quran.

This story is in both the Book of Genesis and, with some interesting variations, the Quran. In the story, Abraham receives a shocking injunction from God: He must offer his beloved son as a sacrifice. As a devoted servant of God, he agrees to obey and takes the child to Mount Moriah to slaughter him. At the last moment, God, satisfied with Abraham’s devotion, saves the boy by sending a ram as a substitute.

The point of the sacrifice is to kill something dear to man as an offering to the divine, as Abraham was prepared to do, serving as a reminder to followers of Islam not to become preoccupied by their possessions or lose sight of their spiritual compass.
As Allah says in the Qu’ran. “It is not their meat, nor their blood, that reaches GOD. It is their piety that reaches GOD. The sacrificed animal is cut into thirds: one portion is given to the impoverished, another to friends and relatives and the last retained and eaten by the family.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by enemyofprogress: 1:07pm On May 24, 2020
Person dey reject food in this Nigeria of today?

Happy birthday sallah to my Muslim friends like lalasticlala ajepako, mynd44, Ishilove, vickyrotex,folake4u(fokoke4u)seunmohmoh, funjosh, funkebabe, Alfa seun and all other Muslims on nairaland that are so numerous to mention
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
No I'm not mocking except Amy be I didn't understand the point you were trying to make. Please clarify more.

Ok then!
God has reasons why he told us in 2cor.6:14-18(pls read it urself)
Muslims worship a daemoon(error intended) called allah, and before any feat or occasion they dedicate it to this daemoon, When a christain participate in such, wether he prays or not he becomes spiritually unclean with that demon.
A lot of demons are hovering looking for who to cling on to, that's why a true christain always needs to watch and pray!
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 24, 2020
Rozz:
Only when you know what Allah means,Jesus christ does not represent harshness,stiffness,hatred,and any other negative attitude,Hes all about love and anything short of that is anti Christ
My sister, go better church abeg!
I can't convince you, you need a spiritual re-awakening!
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bskyb(m): 1:10pm On May 24, 2020
[quote author=kenny160 post=89907185][/quote]

Intelligent response. Seeing responses such as this is refreshing.
We all claim to be the only person with the true knowledge. They ask us why we are so sure of this and we say it is written in our books. Now, most of the religions have books, most have prophets, priests or leaders of theirs. Based on these claims, we fight among ourselves, we kill and maim; To make matters worse, some people claim their God is the all powerful, yet they fight on his behalf (what an Irony!!).
Make I go follow you sef.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bigtt76(f): 1:11pm On May 24, 2020
I lived and grew up with them. Schooled with them and shared a lot with them all. People are changing all of these narrative to something else. I especially hate it when issues such as these come up during festivals such as this. Do we only buy our beef or chicken from Christian butchers? No... but here we are people ranting about sharing harmless meals with a Muslim. Ar taya sef

Rozz:
exactly,having related and interacted with muslims over the years, I can really say some things confidently about them.my dear there's enough meat and drinks at my disposal only if you were close lol

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Canberra55: 1:11pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by desiredhome: 1:12pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

Nobody or no one person is the problem of Nigeria,..... when you see yourself as the only good person and every other person are bad then you are the problem....
A lot of us have allowed religion to blindfold us....
Christianity is the practice of love...

Even some of the Christians (same religion) don't even love themselves

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by hennylove(f): 1:12pm On May 24, 2020
omonnakoda:
Do you know that virtually all beef sold in Nigeria is killed according to Islamic rites?
Yes they will never even buy meat from a Christian.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:14pm On May 24, 2020
Caseless:
Thank you, bro.

You de pepper dem today. Smoke and pepper at the same time.
Why don't you change the case to brain and have a more befitting moniker wink cheesy
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by SenorFax(m): 1:14pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

You just can't help it can you?

Tribalism fall on you like building

You just proved my observations about Igbo poeple, Self absorption

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 24, 2020
Canberra55:
I really don't care how many dickzz your mums bleeped before she had you.

Guy repent please.
I was only complementing your post, and you had to say such an ungodly word to me?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bigtt76(f): 1:17pm On May 24, 2020
I disagree with you. I'm not a Muslim but I'm a Christian.

Allah is the equivalent name of God in arabic. Arabic is a language just like Latin or English used for worship by either Muslims or Christian.

If you go to countries in middle-east where there are Christians and Arabic is the language, the word Allah is used when referring to God.

The Koran is basically the same as out old testament... My point is, Muslims don't worship demons nor sacrifice to demons. Rather they pray for the soul of the animals being slaughtered because they believe anything that has live in it does not deserve to die in pain.

Poloyanabo1:

Ok then!
God has reasons why he told us in 2cor.6:14-18(pls read it urself)
Muslims worship a daemoon(error intended) called allah, and before any feat or occasion they dedicate it to this daemoon, When a christain participate in such, wether he prays or not he becomes spiritually unclean with that demon.
A lot of demons are hovering looking for who to cling on to, that's why a true christain always needs to watch and pray!
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Canberra55: 1:21pm On May 24, 2020
Im truly sorry my bro. Forgive me please. My bad. quote author=Poloyanabo1 post=89907502]
Guy repent please.
I was only complementing your post, and you had to say such an ungodly word to me?
[/quote]
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Psalmist1: 1:23pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:

On this assertion you can't be 100% correct because I know many Muslims who are very diabolical and they take it as part of the religion, and I also know many who don't want to involve themselves in such and what they always call on and talk about is the creator of the universe that He has all powers and protection therefore they can't do such acts with idols. Now you ask yourself who are the Scholars and teaches that preaches to these classes of humans?. And this still goes down to what impact or personal understanding we have in our faith and the interpretation we give them. Recognising God as the first and the last by honouring God first is the only thing that can establish good morals and value I ones life. And this makes one to be careful in your choice of action because you have a question to answer later, and can only be you.
We need not to play ourselves thinking that we are playing God. My being a Christian was orchestrated by God as I was born into a Christian family, and my neighbour as a Muslim is also not his making but God because he's born into a Muslim family. Our action is determined by what we know believe in, and how serious we take them. God is the rightful Judge.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by desiredhome: 1:25pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

So because of hunger, you are ready and willing to sell your birthday as Esua.
I understand it hunger and the aroma of the coming moslem festival that inspired you writeup.
Before you exchange your soul with 2pieces of meat and a plate of amala or rice, please kindly read 2Cornth 6:14-18 "

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Lol
So funny how religion have blind you, with all you typed here you don't need to be on this Earth grin grin grin grin grin

Such ignorant thought
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:25pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

No mind them bro, especially christ embassy and winners members...They all say the same shit that we are serving the same God, the difference is just the mode of worship: Taaah! who told you that?
Islam is Idolateery! and 90% of Christains are Fake!
No apologies.
What denomination are you?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by libertrust: 1:26pm On May 24, 2020
IF U ARE A GENIUE CHRISTIAN U WONT EVEN TOUCH IT TALK MORE EATING. ONLY LONG THROAT PEOPLE WILL EAT ANYTHING THEREAFTER TWIST THE BIBLE VERSE TO SUIT THEIR GREED.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by luluman: 1:27pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

How can there be a day without you being dumb? So because yorubas want to please you big headed yeebos they should not accept food from moslems? For the umpteenth time get it straight: yorubas have kins/ relations that are moslems they accept our Christmas food & we cannot deny & forsake them for one yeye dubious bid headed traitor of Igbo.By the way, You think we dont know that some of your brothers in the East decided to become moslem & change their names & you could not do anything about it but look for one tribe to blame. Shege,dan iska kutuma buroubanka.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 24, 2020
Canberra55:
Im truly sorry my bro. Forgive me please. My bad. quote author=Poloyanabo1 post=89907502]
Guy repent please.
No problem bro...
I too am of the opinion that muslim feasts are already dedicated to the demons they worship and as such true christains shouldn't participate in such feasts according to 2cor.6:14-18.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bigtt76(f): 1:28pm On May 24, 2020
I tell you for fact that what they do is basically exploit some verses or prayers in the Koran (the Bible also have its fair share of these verses and prayers) and either use it for good or evil which in most cases rely on the target's beliefs in it being harmful to them.

We have Christian sects who do same too... Are they also diabolic?

Psalmist1:

On this assertion you can't be 100% correct because I know many Muslims who are very diabolical and they take it as part of the religion, and I also know many who don't want to involve themselves in such and what they always call on and take about is the creator of the universe that He has all powers and protection therefore they can't do such acts with idols. Now you ask yourself who are the Scholars and teaches that preaches to these classes of humans?. And this still go down to what impact or personal understanding we have in our faith and the interpretation we give them. Recognising God as the first and the last by honouring God first is the only thing that can establish good morals and value I ones life. And this makes one to be careful in your choice of action because you have a question to answer later, and can only be you.
We need not to play ourselves thinking that we are playing God. My being a Christian was was orchestrated by God as I was in a Christian family, and my neighbour as a Muslim is also not his making but God because he's born into a Muslim family. Our action is determined by what we know believe in, and how serious we take them. God is the rightful Judge.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by luluman: 1:28pm On May 24, 2020
Futuragetty:

does this verse ring a bell?
"You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall
reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin
because of him".
Yeebos are known with hatred now.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
I lived and grew up with them. Schooled with them and shared a lot with them all. People are changing all of these narrative to something else. I especially hate it when issues such as these come up during festivals such as this. Do we only buy our beef or chicken from Christian butchers? No... but here we are people ranting about sharing harmless meals with a Muslim. Ar taya sef

No wonder you have a better understanding.I have got nothing against muslims and accepting harmless meals from them

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What denomination are you?
I grew up Anglican but as of now, I've done away with doctrines peculiar to denominations.
I'm a Member of Rhema house church(no brances)
But the pastors preachings are yet to influence my stands.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Wise Men From Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Stingy Men Association: What The Bible Says / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.