Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? (33462 Views)

5 Prophets Muslims And Christians Share Together In Their Holy Books. / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by desiredhome: 1:32pm On May 24, 2020
KomonSense:

Oga forget one God....

What the Muslim calls Allah is not what the Christians Call God ..

Don't be deceived

And how do you come to that conclusion?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bigtt76(f): 1:32pm On May 24, 2020
It's so annoying when I see all these narratives from people who have not interacted with them other than 'hearsay' etc. They're the ones causing disunity in the country.

I watched on BBC Igbo the other day fulanis and Hausas that were Bron and grew up in the east speaking Igbo fluently but unfortunately trust me the new generation of native igbos would still detest them

Rozz:
No wonder you have a better understanding.I have got nothing against muslims and accepting harmless meals from them
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by kcboy34(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2020
so what is the final conclusion here please... I am very hungry and I have a salah food from a neighbor but I am a Christian... should I eat it or drink my garri in peace... I wanted to eat it but this idol shit on this thread got me very scared... I also noticed they say something in Arabic while killing the ram... please Muslim brother/sister here should kindly explain what is being said before killing the ram.

sincerely I am very very hungry but I don't want to destroy my life because of food... kindly help.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by rationalhuman(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2020
All Religions are an made fantasies nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:34pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort

With what you wrote about the Yoruba,they are certainly not the problem of Nigeria. You fanatic lots should rather embrace Yoruba's views on religion and others which are, among many others, peaceful co existence, freedom, self and communal development etc.. You guys are just being stupid ! So because I'm a Muslim I should hate and detest other members of my family and Neighbours who are Christians, right ? Some of you religious fanatics can be so unreasonable.

Which religious holy book says you should hate your neighbours because of differences in faith ? The truth is that Yoruba people have advanced far beyond any religious pettiness and stupidity. Is religion not an opium of the people after all ? What values have these religions added to us as a nation if one may ask ?

How are the Yoruba your problem as a nation ? Is it because they do not believe in or share boko haramic kind of Islamic faith ? Or that they see themselves as Yoruba first whether as Christian or Muslim ? When you are properly educated,you see far beyond your nose and nobody can enslave in the name of any religion.

I am a Muslim and I owe nobody any apology for loving my Christian family members and Neighbours because they love me too !

Eid Mubarak ma salam.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Yes!
you just got into my trap!
Do you believe in John 3.17-18?
Anyone that doesn't believe in Jesus stands condemned right?
Or you want to disprove the bible too?
Now do muslims believe in Jesus?

You know little about muslims,they do believe in Jesus(Isah) but believe he's not a son of God and that's where they clash with christianity.Even Jehovah's witness align with them on this
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Farki: 1:37pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort

So because Yorubas are not full of religious hatred they are Nigeria's problem? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by lomprico(m): 1:38pm On May 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Here is what Jesus said about food.

Jesus has spoken -- eating food will not make you unclean. grin cheesy

QED!

case closed!
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 24, 2020
Rozz:
You know little about muslims,they do believe in Jesus(Isah) but believe he's not a son of God and that's where they clash with christianity.Even Jehovah's witness align with them on this
That's where they stand condemned according to the bible.
You think JW's make sense to me?
Jesus Said " I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life, No one cometh unto the father except by Me(Jesus).

Now do you agree with the above statement(Which invalidates Islam)
Or you disagree(Which validates Islam)?

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Bonapart(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2020
post=89901335:
Eating the food served by our muslim friends, neighbors, clients and well-wishers can be so delicious ehn, especially that grilled ram....oh la la! tongue

If you have a problem with this post as a 'Xtian', na ur wahala be dat!

We have to learn to respect others people's religion.
In so doing, our world will be beautiful.

Meanwhile,  
From all of us @[/b] : Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim Friends

You are always welcome brotherly.
BBQ will be ready for all of you after this pandemic time bro.
Enjoy your day with love.
One Love.

Barka de Sallah beautiful yarinya kiss
Do enjoy your day sis.
One Love.

You have said it all sir.
You are a very wise man.

Hi, We are fully into [b]BARBECUE CATERING
sir.
We moved on to catering for our clients at different kinda parties all over the nation and beyond.
We moved on from the shop thing.
Hope to come cater and celebrate with you next time God showers his blessings on you or any family members (we are sure it's gonna be soon, before the end of the year.)
Till then, stay safe bro.
Thanks for the heads up.
In Unity we stand.

*Singing* Baba 70 evergreen song....

"Omi olota ooo
Water, e no get enemy .
If u fight am unless u wan die...
Water, e no get enemy...."

12345, Happy Sunday ahead Baba
this one is indeed a sellout.you are xtian not us the Christians
God help you
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:40pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

With what you wrote about the Yoruba,they are certainly not the problem of Nigeria. Abomination ko,abomicountry ni ! You fanatic lots should rather embrace Yoruba's views on religion and others which are, among many other enviable traits , peaceful co existence, freedom, self and communal development etc.. You guys are just being stupid ! So because I'm a Muslim I should hate and detest other members of my family and Neighbours who are Christians, right ? Some of you religious fanatics can be so unreasonable.

Which religious holy book says you should hate your neighbours because of differences in faith ? The truth is that Yoruba people have advanced far beyond any religious pettiness and stupidity. Is religion not an opium of the people after all ? What values have these religions added to us as a nation if one may ask ?

How are the Yoruba your problem as a nation ? Is it because they do not believe in or share boko haramic kind of Islamic faith ? Or that they see themselves as Yoruba first whether as Christian or Muslim ? When you are properly educated,you see far beyond your nose and nobody can enslave you in the name of any religion.

I am a Muslim and I owe nobody any apology for loving my Christian family members and Neighbours because they love me too !

Eid Mubarak ma salam.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by olabodejinad: 1:42pm On May 24, 2020
DammyLucy:
Question is do Muslim do otherwise Check my Signature if you want to discover and fulfill your entrepreneurial purpose in life
I am a Muslim and we do celebrate Easter and Christmas with Christians, anyone who believes otherwise needs their brains resetted. Even my islamic school teacher who is well over 90 years old and Is knowledgeable in all things islam accept food from his christian neighbours.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by SaintChucks(m): 1:43pm On May 24, 2020
If it's hunger that is driving you to eat food given by a religion that doesn't acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Only Way, the Truth and the Life then you are a shame to Christianity.

Don't try to be religiously correct. By sharing in Iftar meals you are validating the Muslim faith which runs contrary to being a follower of Christ. Stop it Please!
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Canberra55: 1:44pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Guy repent please.
I was only complementing your post, and you had to say such an ungodly word to me?

Sent you a direct message. Plz respond via email
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

Thanks for saying the YORUBA'S are the best
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:46pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

I grew up Anglican but as of now, I've done away with doctrines peculiar to denominations.
I'm a Member of Rhema house church(no brances)
But the pastors preachings are yet to influence my stands.

Which of the Rhema? I think there are about three denominations with Rhema in their names?
I know Anglicans are not hardliners so I'm interested in the church you got your ideology from.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 24, 2020
Yenefer:
hate to break it to you. The only tribe I felt av evolve for the better is the Yorubaz. Thou I'm fulani
Exactly, that is because we are not fools roaming around with superiority complex, we are always reviewing our steps and actions. I'm proud to come from the most educated part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by RTSC: 1:50pm On May 24, 2020
If you prepare a Christmas food and give a real Muslim, he won't eat it.

But the so called Christians will eat anything eatable from muslims or even traditionalists.

The children of the world are more wiser than the children of the kingdom.

Keep eating.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:50pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
True! Infact as a Muslim, you can get killed worshiping or sacrificing to any idol

People need to understand that Muslims don't worship Muhammed but acknowledges his effort in spreading the word of Allah (God) the same way we acknowledge Jesus Christ. Muhammed is not an idol and there's been no figurine depicting him as such.

This is wrong. Christians don't "acknowledge" Jesus Christ the same way Muslims acknowledge Muhammed.
We Christians believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, the saviour of the world who died for all mankind.
Muslims believe, Muhammad is the last prophet of God who came to guide people back to Allah. Hope you can see the difference. There's still a lot more if you want.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 24, 2020
Nukilia:

The Yoruba's believe in peaceful coexistence with everyone, the idea of religion was a tool to control the minds of the people. The Southwestern Muslims are not that foolish, they apply wisdom on their daily living. Let us as a people stop the idea of pitting ourselves against each other.

The Jews won't allow you stay in their land in Israel because you're Christian from Nigeria. The Arabs won't allow you to stay in Mecca because you're a Moslem from Nigeria. The only land you have is Africa and your fellow black brother and sister are your friends.

The true religion is LOVE
Very true

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 24, 2020
kolaaderin:
And to your ignorant mind, that is supposed to be a problem or a problem solved and perfected. Been tolerant to others believe is a sign of mental advancement which lots of other tribes cant break through. Yoruba rocks as the best tribe on this continent surrounded by many tribes of collective idiots. Suck it up
This shows how stupid people are in 21st century, he actually thinks religious tolerance is a problem. Pathetic
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jasman1: 1:55pm On May 24, 2020
HOW CAN YOU CELEBRATE WITH SOMEONE WHOSE god WANTS YOU DEAD? THEY CAN CELEBRATE, EAT WHATEVER THEY WANT AND I SINCERELY WISH THEM WELL BUT WILL HONESTLY PREFER LIVING SEPARATELY FROM THEM. I DONT BELIEVE WE SHARE THE SAME VALUE OR HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by RTSC: 1:55pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
I lived and grew up with them. Schooled with them and shared a lot with them all. People are changing all of these narrative to something else. I especially hate it when issues such as these come up during festivals such as this. Do we only buy our beef or chicken from Christian butchers? No... but here we are people ranting about sharing harmless meals with a Muslim. Ar taya sef

The stand of the Bible is this.

Anything that has been openly sacrificed to any other deity except Jehovah is unclean.
Do not eat it.

But if you are not sure it has been sacrificed like buying from restaurants or butchers, you can buy freely and give thanks to God before eating.

It's in the Bible.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Which of the Rhema? I think there are about three denominations with Rhema in their names?
I know Anglicans are not hardliners so I'm interested in the church you got your ideology from.
My ideology evolved, it wasn't indoctrinated....I grew up in a place where spiritism and occultism was rife.
I've experienced demons in action.
My only solace was in God and in the "Word"
Even my mum is surprised by my utterances most times we talk about The Gospel anytime we meet.

I just joined the Rhema church Feb. 2020
before then i kept away from Church for over a year...
Am not a Church Boy.
I was home today too, i no go church maybe next week i go go.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 24, 2020
RTSC:

The stand of the Bible is this.

Anything that has been openly sacrificed to any other deity except Jehovah is unclean.
Do not eat it.

But if you are not sure it has been sacrificed like buying from restaurants or butchers, you can buy freely and give thanks to God before eating.

It's in the Bible.
Thank you for that!
These days we christains are our worst enemies, always twisting and turning the Bible.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by desiredhome: 1:59pm On May 24, 2020
Solatium:

It is not out of place for anyone to eat from either Christian or Muslim home during any of the celebrations,I am Muslim,one of my closest friends of over 30yrs is strong Baptist,he Comes around during big Sallah (iléyá) And I do go to his house during Xmas.
In the past I with another Muslim friend usually slaughtered their New year goat.
Food from other Religion body is not Sacrifice,Allah has never forbid me from eating their meal.
So if you find anyone who tells you otherwise,know for sure that they are these confused Pentecostals who are hell bent on destroying the interreligious relationship.

You are very correct,...these Penticostals are the people breeding these hates among Christians because of their greed... another method the Penticostal cabals are using to enrich themselves.... while you are there fighting over religion, they are eating and dining with them in high places .....they thought us not to unequally yoke with unbelievers but when it comes to collecting money from them they are no longer unequally yoke...
The schools they use our money to build are also been attended by the Muslim children yet some of us can not afford it...

I remember during workers in training in one of the Penticostal Church, the teaching was we should not be unequally yoke with unbeliever, and they were very strongly against the muslems.....I didn't abide by that teaching....I have worked with Christians and muslems and I can say strongly that muslems are very much better than Christians.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 24, 2020
Canberra55:

Sent you a direct message. Plz respond via email
Ok i will do that.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by RTSC: 2:01pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Thank you for that!
These days we christains are our worst enemies, always twisting and turning the Bible.
In the last days, the love of many shall wax cold.

They shall be lovers of themselves more than lovers of God.

They are the lukewarm Christians that Christ promised to spit out.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaylehk(m): 2:04pm On May 24, 2020
Please let us not have our write ups based ethno-religious sentiments. We all know how extreme the northerners can be. There is nothing bad in sharing and receiving food on the basis of love.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by demmy66: 2:10pm On May 24, 2020
kcboy34:
so what is the final conclusion here please... I am very hungry and I have a salah food from a neighbor but I am a Christian... should I eat it or drink my garri in peace... I wanted to eat it but this idol shit on this thread got me very scared... I also noticed they say something in Arabic while killing the ram... please Muslim brother/sister here should kindly explain what is being said before killing the ram.

sincerely I am very very hungry but I don't want to destroy my life because of food... kindly help.
because you have asked a valid question out of sincerity and to seek knowledge.. I will help you out.. As commanded by Allah (GOD), human has NO RIGHT to kill any living creature that he/she cannot create without seeking his permission.. so the prayer Muslims offer before slaughtering any creature is to say bismillah I.e in the name of Allah.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 24, 2020
RTSC:

In the last days, the love of many shall wax cold.

They shall be lovers of themselves more than lovers of God.

They are the lukewarm Christians that Christ promised to spit out.
Thank you!!!
One plate of Goat meat peppersoup for you!
The fact is that 90% of Christains are either entirely fake don't know who Jesus really is or what he stands for.
Just imagine some arguements christains are putting up in this particular topic.
Its appaling bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters / Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church / Wise Men From Synagogue Church Of All Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.