Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? (33390 Views)

5 Prophets Muslims And Christians Share Together In Their Holy Books. / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jesmond3945: 10:56am On May 25, 2020
bigtt76:
I've lived in Northern Nigeria and the Muslim there are even more stricter than the Middle East Muslims. So what's your point?

end of discussion

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jesmond3945: 11:00am On May 25, 2020
rationalhuman:
Basamati Rice is Patented Rice of India.India fought 20 years battle with Americans in WTO.
There are few Brands like India Gate, Aeroplane etc sold Real Basamati rice, And serving to god etc is nothing but crap.
There are festivals in some parts of India for good harvest, thats all.

BTW What tehy sell here in the name of Basamati is actually hybrid , not teh real basamati, also sometimes they sell residual of Basamati or substandard Rice from pakistan.
I ate real Basamati in India and Singapore and trust me, what we eat here is carp, infact if you eat Basamati you will not like the rice we grow in this continent.

your own opinion. I don't even like it.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by rationalhuman(m): 11:54am On May 25, 2020
What was the brand of Basamati you had tasted??

jesmond3945:
your own opinion. I don't even like it.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by miftaudeen(m): 12:00pm On May 25, 2020
Chochovini:
. POINT OF Correction, I did not say Jesus Christ is God. He is the Lord and Saviour of the World.

Again what We Christian called God is far different from what u muslims called allah.
The God of the Christians is He who created the Heaven and the Earth and everything in them for short.
The Will of our God is to OBEY Him, keep all His commandments, believe on His Son Jesus Christ and accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour. Then live a holy life. Its called:- Being BORN AGAIN.
When all these are in place, thats when U can become a BELIEVER.

But the muslim god is the moon-god that has its symbol caged in kaaba in mecca. His will:- kill all non-muslim if possible in jihad war. Fight and kill in the name of allah anyone who does not practice islam or speak evil of the religion. And many other things too numerous I needn‘t go into details here. Sickning.

Mind you, No intended shade-throwing, No offence either. Its the bitter Truth.

This is false ideology!!! Neither God or Jesus said you should take Jesus as a personal Savior and lord, this is work of anti Christ Paul.

Open your eyes, read and reason
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 2:13pm On May 25, 2020
cry
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 2:20pm On May 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Sorry sir.

You did not. What you did is an expression of faith which is what led Christianity to the cocoon it presently finds itself. Even the Bible says faith without works is dead!! Very dead!!

You have not explained how Islam hopes to silence the atheists. Is it by beheading them? Do you really think a day will come in the West when beheading for apostasy will once again become the order of the day? Is that not part of the dark past of Christianity you pointed at? Or you mean it's dark when it's done by Christianity but acceptable when done by Islam. How exactly will Islam be able to convince the West to do away with atheists and scientologists? You think a jihad will do? Where missionaries have failed you think your sheikhs stand a chance?

I gave you an example of how Saudi Arabia is beginning to embrace liberalism. You don't think that's a threat to pure Islam. I'm sure you're smart enough to see how it's going the same route Christianity went. They're allowing Islam to Europe on their own terms. Soon, they'll begin to export their own brand of Islam.

Islam has never had a philosophical or propaganda angle. It's always been my way or Hades. I will really be interested to tell me how Islam intends to penetrate the West stealthily. Hope you know we now have gay Muslims, transgenders etc. They enter and pray in mosques over there without any hindrance. Heck. Bobrisky in Nigeria is of Muslim background. Same with the first openly gay Nigerian man. I tell you. You have not told me how pure Islam intends to fight these demons off!!

Well my brother.
Whatever you are expressing are your personal opinion which I am not obligated to change but time may. I don't want us to be going round in circles, cos you are already opinionated as a christian, I can only give my views as a Muslim.

It is not for me to give a detailed plan of how Islam intends to achieve Europe especially and America, I will be over reaching myself.
It is obvious in my opinion that Europeans have lost faith in Christianity, they want something different, something pristine and Islam is in the fore to give them those. They are now more open to Muslims, asking questions about Islam. Islamic scholars even from Nigeria are being invited to Europe and America to present papers on economics, governance, politics, science, society and culture from the Islamic perspective.

Islamic finances and investments are beginning to find acceptance in their systems. Muslim women with hijab are being accepted, worship centre and Islamic education are springing up etc. These were never permitted during the Christian era.

The philosophy? Islam won't compromise on it fundamentals. How possible? very possible.

Islam will make someone like Bobrisky know that he cannot be a gay or transgender whatever and remain a Muslim, no way!
Even if Bobrisky is from a Muslim background, that doesn't mean he is a Muslim and clearly what he does, said it all. Bobrisky cannot go to an Islamic society to claim he is a transgender or gay, the laws are there to take care of him and his likes.

Saudi Arabia reform is their problem, not the problem of Islam. The point should be how does women not allowed to drive affects the laws of Allah or the other way round. After all Muslim women are allowed to drive in other parts of the globe. Muslim women have been involved in sports form other parts etc. These are not fundamentals so they are subject to regulations by the society.

What does your evolve means?
That it will become acceptable that Muslims no longer worship five times daily, that they don't fast in Ramadan, that gays are permitted among us, that pilgrimage will be to America or elsewhere etc.
Sorry sir, these can never happen.

You are either a Muslim or you are not. perverts are totally unacceptable in Islam.

Yorubas ain't doing anything wrong by marrying Christian ladies, but it debatable if a Muslim lady should marry a Christian man.

Does Christianity permits Christians to marry non Christians?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 3:36pm On May 25, 2020
miftaudeen:

This is false ideology!!! Neither God or Jesus said you should take Jesus as a personal Savior and lord, this is work of anti Christ Paul.

Open your eyes, read and reason
. Hahahahahahaha U sound 4ny Sir. Accept Christ NOW as your personal Lord and Saviour while still you may and escape the judgement of God that is now hanging loose on the Earth and everlasting damnation in Hell Fire that is imminent too. Tomorrow may be too late.

Remember, Christianity does not save neither islam or any religion in the WWW. Only Jesus Christ does. John 14:6.

Many who have died without Christ now seriously wish they knew what you now know.but its too late for them.
Do not say I did not warn you. As the God the creator of Heaven and Earth to lead U through.
To encapsulate my point, Repent, and accept Jesus Christ into your life OR Perish.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by miftaudeen(m): 3:49pm On May 25, 2020
Chochovini:
. Hahahahahahaha U sound 4ny Sir. Accept Christ NOW as your personal Lord and Saviour while still you may and escape the judgement of God that is now hanging loose on the Earth and everlasting damnation in Hell Fire that is imminent too. Tomorrow may be too late.

Remember, Christianity does not save neither islam or any religion in the WWW. Only Jesus Christ does. John 14:6.

Many who have died without Christ now seriously wish they knew what you now know.but its too late for them.
Do not say I did not warn you. As the God the creator of Heaven and Earth to lead U through.
To encapsulate my point, Repent, and accept Jesus Christ into your life OR Perish.

That is the only song you people know, show where Jesus said am your Lord and personal Savior in your book ?

Your creator ( God) is your Lord and personal Savior how can a son marry be your Lord
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:11pm On May 25, 2020
mhmsadyq:

Well my brother.
Whatever you are expressing are your personal opinion which I am not obligated to change but time may. I don't want us to be going round in circles, cos you are already opinionated as a christian, I can only give my views as a Muslim.

It is not for me to give a detailed plan of how Islam intends to achieve Europe especially and America, I will be over reaching myself.
It is obvious in my opinion that Europeans have lost faith in Christianity, they want something different, something pristine and Islam is in the fore to give them those. They are now more open to Muslims, asking questions about Islam. Islamic scholars even from Nigeria are being invited to Europe and America to present papers on economics, governance, politics, science, society and culture from the Islamic perspective.

Islamic finances and investments are beginning to find acceptance in their systems. Muslim women with hijab are being accepted, worship centre and Islamic education are springing up etc. These were never permitted during the Christian era.

The philosophy? Islam won't compromise on it fundamentals. How possible? very possible.

Islam will make someone like Bobrisky know that he cannot be a gay or transgender whatever and remain a Muslim, no way!
Even if Bobrisky is from a Muslim background, that doesn't mean he is a Muslim and clearly what he does, said it all. Bobrisky cannot go to an Islamic society to claim he is a transgender or gay, the laws are there to take care of him and his likes.

Saudi Arabia reform is their problem, not the problem of Islam. The point should be how does women not allowed to drive affects the laws of Allah or the other way round. After all Muslim women are allowed to drive in other parts of the globe. Muslim women have been involved in sports form other parts etc. These are not fundamentals so they are subject to regulations by the society.

What does your evolve means?
That it will become acceptable that Muslims no longer worship five times daily, that they don't fast in Ramadan, that gays are permitted among us, that pilgrimage will be to America or elsewhere etc.
Sorry sir, these can never happen.

You are either a Muslim or you are not. perverts are totally unacceptable in Islam.

Yorubas ain't doing anything wrong by marrying Christian ladies, but it debatable if a Muslim lady should marry a Christian man.

Does Christianity permits Christians to marry non Christians?

Unfortunately you're reducing the quality of the debate. It was supposed to be a dispassionate discourse but you've reduced it to a forceful declaration of faith with no factual backing.

E.g. I showed you that gays now pray in mosques in the West. You neither denied or accepted that fact but insisted gays will never be accepted in Islam when all the facts prove otherwise.

Till now, you have not shown how any tactics or superior strategy Islam will use to conquer the liberal ideologies of the West. Your best bet which is the political divide has failed with the London mayor and the Muslim congresswomen in the US who have been effectively shut up.

You don't really seem to understand what the West does to religion. They don't care how many times you pray or fast or which tourism you take yearly. Just as Christians still go to church on Sundays, celebrate Xmas and Easter and go on pilgrimage to Jerusalem. But, at the advent of coronavirus, both churches and mosques were locked up. On the doctor's orders not imam or pastor. Gays and transgender are allowed into the places of worship regardless of what your religion thinks of them. Women are allowed to choose whether to wear hijab or not and not as a requirement. You can't marry a thirteen yr old girl in the West!! Neither can you choose polygamy. Or pass a fatwa on atheists. That's the reality of what I'm saying. You haven't shown how Islam will right these "wrongs".

To your question. While it is not ideal for a Christan to marry outside the religion, there's no law that expressly forbids that. If you're convinced in your spirit that she's the right one for you then go ahead. There's no compulsion in choosing a life partner where Christianity is concerned.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Brunicekid(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2020
yungcheda:
As a Christian, influence your environment. Dont let your environment influence you. Let your light so shine before men.
Exactly...Let your Light so shine before men!!!
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 5:08pm On May 25, 2020
miftaudeen:

That is the only song you people know, show where Jesus said am your Lord and personal Savior in your book ?

Your creator ( God) is your Lord and personal Savior how can a son marry be your Lord
. GO TO The Book of Acts 4:12, John 3:16l John 14:6.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jesmond3945: 5:33pm On May 25, 2020
rationalhuman:
What was the brand of Basamati you had tasted??

I don't know the brand. It is always cooked by my fellowship members who are from China and India and Europe.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by rationalhuman(m): 6:09pm On May 25, 2020
Its really strange and honestly you are the first person who doesnt like Basamati. Well individual choice i would say. We always request someone returning from India to bring atleast 5 kg of Basamati. lol

Till 60s Basamati was so scarce that it was available only in Black Market in HongKong and Shanghai. There were Smuggling syndicates who would bring Rice from Mainland India to Hongkong.

jesmond3945:
I don't know the brand. It is always cooked by my fellowship members who are from China and India and Europe.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Unfortunately you're reducing the quality of the debate. It was supposed to be a dispassionate discourse but you've reduced it to a forceful declaration of faith with no factual backing.

E.g. I showed you that gays now pray in mosques in the West. You neither denied or accepted that fact but insisted gays will never be accepted in Islam when all the facts prove otherwise.

Till now, you have not shown how any tactics or superior strategy Islam will use to conquer the liberal ideologies of the West. Your best bet which is the political divide has failed with the London mayor and the Muslim congresswomen in the US who have been effectively shut up.

You don't really seem to understand what the West does to religion. They don't care how many times you pray or fast or which tourism you take yearly. Just as Christians still go to church on Sundays, celebrate Xmas and Easter and go on pilgrimage to Jerusalem. But, at the advent of coronavirus, both churches and mosques were locked up. On the doctor's orders not imam or pastor. Gays and transgender are allowed into the places of worship regardless of what your religion thinks of them. Women are allowed to choose whether to wear hijab or not and not as a requirement. You can't marry a thirteen yr old girl in the West!! Neither can you choose polygamy. Or pass a fatwa on atheists. That's the reality of what I'm saying. You haven't shown how Islam will right these "wrongs".

To your question. While it is not ideal for a Christan to marry outside the religion, there's no law that expressly forbids that. If you're convinced in your spirit that she's the right one for you then go ahead. There's no compulsion in choosing a life partner where Christianity is concerned.

Sir.
The West is in the post Christianity era and in the pre Islamic era. All the vices you highlighted are what the Christians compromised to allow to fester side by side with Christianity. Christianity at a point dealt with these vices, maybe through whims and caprice, rather than scripture.

Now, the gays in mosques in Europe and America are guided by perversion and encouraged by the states. Muslims are gradually pushing for their rights as Muslims which they are gaining successes in some areas, some I mentioned in my earlier post.
The climax shall be the recognition of the Muslim laws, especially the social regulations. When these happens, all those perverts claiming to be Muslims shall have to look for another religion. They can call it Islam, but the Muslim population then will know what really Islam is.

The Mayor and congresswomen are still a drop in the ocean, but I am sure they will speak for Islam in parliament. You may think they have failed, cos you haven't heard much from them. Time like I always say will tell about that.

Once Muslims can regulate themselves according to the shariah of Islam, shikenan. Deviants can be handled according to Islam.

You are the one defining child marriage for Muslims yet you are not a Muslim or telling us why polygamy should be abolished bla...bla... are Muslims complaining? Yes. Can we see them?....

You have your bias as a Christian which I understand. Pilgrimage to Makka is a religious rite in Islam and not tourism as you alluded.

Yes, Myself wasn't happy with closure of worship places. Corona shall pass. Even at that, nobody said we shouldn't pray, we were only advised to do it in isolation. They are issues of concern but not to loose sleep over. After all those places are being reopened even in USA the worst hit.

I must say, I have learnt from you.
Thank you for your time and patience.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jesmond3945: 6:16pm On May 25, 2020
rationalhuman:
Its really strange and honestly you are the first person who doesnt like Basamati. Well individual choice i would say. We always request someone returning from India to bring atleast 5 kg of Basamati. lol

Till 60s Basamati was so scarce that it was available only in Black Market in HongKong and Shanghai. There were Smuggling syndicates who would bring Rice from Mainland India to Hongkong.

yea. Easy cook rice is better than basmati
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by miftaudeen(m): 6:17pm On May 25, 2020
Chochovini:
. GO TO The Book of Acts 4:12, John 3:16l John 14:6.

These are the work of reporters, is not word of God or Jesus himself
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 6:43pm On May 25, 2020
miftaudeen:

These are the work of reporters, is not word of God or Jesus himself
. BUT U Ask Me to show U in our Book. I did and U term it “The work of reporter? What kind of reporter? The one U employed?

Very well then. It appears U have hardened your heart and U are looking for some form of arguement that leads to nowhere.

As U can see, Im not cut out for that as I consider the Word of God is so SACRED for such.
Not like some political stuff.

So haven said that, I would like to add that - THE CHOICE is yours. Repent OR Perish.
Finally, pls never U address Christians as Kaafri again. U are not the Judge but God Almighty.
Take care Sir.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by AustineCJ: 10:51pm On May 25, 2020
demmy66:
I love how you have clarified false information as someone who have lived in the north.. for this reason, I will furnish you with reason why Muslims slaughter animals as sacrifice as it can be found in the bible and Quran.

This story is in both the Book of Genesis and, with some interesting variations, the Quran. In the story, Abraham receives a shocking injunction from God: He must offer his beloved son as a sacrifice. As a devoted servant of God, he agrees to obey and takes the child to Mount Moriah to slaughter him. At the last moment, God, satisfied with Abraham’s devotion, saves the boy by sending a ram as a substitute.

The point of the sacrifice is to kill something dear to man as an offering to the divine, as Abraham was prepared to do, serving as a reminder to followers of Islam not to become preoccupied by their possessions or lose sight of their spiritual compass.
As Allah says in the Qu’ran. “It is not their meat, nor their blood, that reaches GOD. It is their piety that reaches GOD. The sacrificed animal is cut into thirds: one portion is given to the impoverished, another to friends and relatives and the last retained and eaten by the family.

thanks a lot
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaymichael(m): 6:28am On May 26, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort
And that is the way we are supposed to live. Remember Jesus Christ our Lord said the Sabbath is created for man and not man for the Sabbath. Religion is created for man and not man for religion. Any man practising religion in a way that doesn't promote unity and peace coexistence among men isn't practising religion but cultism and terrorism. What is the essence of religion if it segregates and divides and we have the morality to classify some people as racist, etc.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaymichael(m): 6:50am On May 26, 2020
KomonSense:

Oga forget one God....

What the Muslim calls Allah is not what the Christians Call God ..

Don't be deceived
God has no name. The name we call God is the name we human give to God.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaymichael(m): 7:06am On May 26, 2020
Sultty:

To that effect, I think it's wrong to share in their feast (I even had a spat with my wife) it's because to what basis is their feast to what God?
In that same premise, even Easter Celebrations (originally a celebration dedicated to the god of fertility) and Christmas (a worship of the sun god) is idolatary. Sunday worship is idolatory, go back to Sabbath worship (from Friday evening to Saturday evening). The version of Christianity we practise now has pegan heritage. You see my man, no man can be religiously correct because one man's holiness is another man's abomination.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaymichael(m): 7:09am On May 26, 2020
truthfulperson:
islam belongs to satan so avoid all that comes from the devil and its worshipers. By eating their foods you give them the wrong impression that they are on the right path. They will hate you for it someday when they die and discover the truth that you failed to lead them to God.if you love them help them make heaven. Islam, paganism,hinduism, atheism all belongs to satan . Only christianity in Jesus christ leads to heaven.
Include also Judaism the religion of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ live, died and was buried as A JEW, so he shouldn't make heaven abi?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Jeetkool(m): 8:36am On Jun 07, 2020
goodnews777:

No where in the bible was it mentioned that Mohammed is last prophet. The bible says God will send us another comforter which is the Holy Spirit. That the comforter will abide in us for ever. If he is the comforter, what comfort has he brought on humanity other than killings? If he is the last prophet why did the Holy Spirit come in Acts chapter two and anoint believer making some prophets? Please stay in your Arabic lane and stop distorting the bible for satanic purposes.

What about this
Deuteronomy 18:15
The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen.
Deuteronomy 18:18
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

Isaiah 29:12
And when they give the book to one who cannot read, saying, “Read this,” he says, “I cannot read.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / Rev. Ladi Thompson's 2018 Prophecy About Nigeria: "Blood Will Spill" / HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.