Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? (33367 Views)

5 Prophets Muslims And Christians Share Together In Their Holy Books. / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by demmy66: 2:12pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

That's where they stand condemned according to the bible.
You think JW's make sense to me?
Jesus Said " I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life, No one cometh unto the father except by Me(Jesus).

Now do you agree with the above statement(Which invalidates Islam)
Or you disagree(Which validates Islam)?
when moses was given thr old testament or the 10 commandment.. was moses not the way..the truth or the light to GOD?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by tipscogreen: 2:12pm On May 24, 2020
Righteousness89:
As far as I am Concerned Food is food!

As long as it is not Sacrificed to idol

As long as it does not Affect the Faith of those Around you

Lastly as long as your Conscience does not Judge you.
Let me address you last sentence first.
What judgment can one expect from a death conscience?

How can a Christian whose conscience is death differentiate between good and bad?
I'm wondering if you had ever read the book of Daniel?
If you had, you supposed to know what single him out among the Jews (believers) of his time.
It may interest you to know that he refused to ate what you are now excited about.

Why not read Daniel 1:8 "But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king`s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself"
It not yet late, you can still chose to be among the Daniels of our time or the Esuas of our time.
Note: Esua sold his birthrights for a plate of food while Daniel did not allowed the aroma of the king's food to make him loss his focus
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 24, 2020
RTSC:

In the last days, the love of many shall wax cold.

They shall be lovers of themselves more than lovers of God.

They are the lukewarm Christians that Christ promised to spit out.
Thank you!!!
One plate of Goat meat peppersoup for you!
The fact is that 90% of Christains are either entirely fake don't know who Jesus really is or what he stands for.
Just imagine some arguements christains are putting up in this particular topic.
Its appaling bro.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 24, 2020
demmy66:
when moses was given thr old testament or the 10 commandment.. was moses not the way..the truth or the light to GOD?
Show me where its written in the bible.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by demmy66: 2:18pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

This is wrong. Christians don't "acknowledge" Jesus Christ the same way Muslims acknowledge Muhammed.
We Christians believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, the saviour of the world who died for all mankind.
Muslims believe, Muhammad is the last prophet of God who came to guide people back to Allah. Hope you can see the difference. There's still a lot more if you want.
Do you know that Muslims believe in all the prophets and messengers right from Adam to Jesus Christ and prophet Muhammad as the last messenger after Jesus Christ.. the difference is that Muslims belief Jesus is a messenger and prophet of GOD and not a son of GOD.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by ramatintin(m): 2:21pm On May 24, 2020
KomonSense:

Oga forget one God....

What the Muslim calls Allah is not what the Christians Call God ..

Don't be deceived
how do you know this
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by kcboy34(m): 2:21pm On May 24, 2020
demmy66:
because you have asked a valid question out of sincerity and to seek knowledge.. I will help you out.. As commanded by Allah (GOD), human has NO RIGHT to kill any living creature that he/she cannot create with seeking his permission.. so the prayer Muslims offer before slaughtering any creature is to say bismillah I.e in the name of Allah.
thanks alot for the explanation but I don't think what they said while killing the ram was just bisimillah o... I think its more than that... the sentence was long like a prayer but I don't understand it because its Arabic language.

can you please tell me the full prayer in English. Thanks A lot again.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Jeetkool(m): 2:25pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

So because of hunger, you are ready and willing to sell your birthday as Esua.
I understand it hunger and the aroma of the coming moslem festival that inspired you writeup.
Before you exchange your soul with 2pieces of meat and a plate of amala or rice, please kindly read 2Cornth 6:14-18 "

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Did u just referred Muslim as unbelievers.
Don’t you know muslin believe in all prophet including Jesus u are d people that did not believe in the last prophet. And he said it clearly in your Book that another prophet is coming after him.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:26pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

My ideology evolved, it wasn't indoctrinated....I grew up in a place where spiritism and occultism was rife.
I've experienced demons in action.
My only solace was in God and in the "Word"
Even my mum is surprised by my utterances most times we talk about The Gospel anytime we meet.

I just joined the Rhema church Feb. 2020
before then i kept away from Church for over a year...
Am not a Church Boy.
I was home today too, i no go church maybe next week i go go.
Maybe you should go more.
2 Cor 6 which you quoted was written by apostle Paul to the Corinthians. The same Paul wrote 1 Cor 8 to the Corinthians. It's simple logic that if he thought what he wrote in the first epistle was wrong, he would have corrected it. That said, Jesus Christ our saviour himself never discriminated in terms of food. He only condemned gluttony. As a matter of fact, he agreed Peter to not call anything unclean in Acts.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by goodnews777: 2:28pm On May 24, 2020
Don’t defile yourselves with food dedicated to the Arabian spirit. It will bring you bad luck all year round. It happened to my brother a few years ago. He is yet to recover. The Antichrist spirit in Islam is very strong and dangerously misleading to many. Stay far away from them.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2020
demmy66:
Do you know that Muslims believe in all the prophets and messengers right from Adam to Jesus Christ and prophet Muhammad as the last messenger after Jesus Christ.. the difference is that Muslims belief Jesus is a messenger and prophet of GOD and not a son of GOD.
They also don't believe in salvation through Jesus Christ. No rapture as far as they are concerned. The concept of sonship of God thru Jesus Christ is unacceptable to them. Etc etc

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2020
Jeetkool:

Don’t you know muslin believe in all prophet including Jesus u are d people that did not believe in the last prophet. And he said it clearly in your Book that another prophet is coming after him.
Jesus Christ never said another prophet is coming after him. Besides, Jesus was not just a prophet. He was priest and king and the only begotten son of God.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 2:31pm On May 24, 2020
KomonSense:

Oga forget one God....
What the Muslim calls Allah is not what the Christians Call God ..
Don't be deceived
. May GOD richly bless U 4 this comment. I keep telling people this.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by desiredhome: 2:34pm On May 24, 2020
Farki:

So because Yorubas are not full of religious hatred they are Nigeria's problem? undecided

Don't mind those dingbats who are blinded by religion.....they are even confused.....a deeper life Church goer will despise a Christ embassy Church goer.....etc
Bunch of deceivers deceiving themselves.,.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:36pm On May 24, 2020
Rozz:
You know little about muslims,they do believe in Jesus(Isah) but believe he's not a son of God and that's where they clash with christianity.Even Jehovah's witness align with them on this
This is false. Jehovah's witness believes Jesus is the son of God. Muslims don't believe in Jesus. They only mention him in an obscure way in their scriptures. Stop turning things upside down because of food. You can eat it. Nothing wrong there. You can love Muslims. It's allowed. But don't try to normalise fallacy.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by goodnews777: 2:36pm On May 24, 2020
Jeetkool:

No where in the bible was it mentioned that Mohammed is last prophet. The bible says God will send us another comforter which is the Holy Spirit. That the comforter will abide in us for ever. If he is the comforter, what comfort has he brought on humanity other than killings? If he is the last prophet why did the Holy Spirit come in Acts chapter two and anoint believer making some prophets? Please stay in your Arabic lane and stop distorting the bible for satanic purposes.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
It's so annoying when I see all these narratives from people who have not interacted with them other than 'hearsay' etc. They're the ones causing disunity in the country.

I watched on BBC Igbo the other day fulanis and Hausas that were Bron and grew up in the east speaking Igbo fluently but unfortunately trust me the new generation of native igbos would still detest them

The world will be a better place if we all live in peace in the beauty of our multiplicity.I will never hate anyone because of differences in religion.Christ lived and preaches love so I don't and won't accept anything less.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Maybe you should go more.
2 Cor 6 which you quoted was written by apostle Paul to the Corinthians. The same Paul wrote 1 Cor 8 to the Corinthians. It's simple logic that if he thought what he wrote in the first epistle was wrong, he would have corrected it. That said, Jesus Christ our saviour himself never discriminated in terms of food. He only condemned gluttony. As a matter of fact, he agreed Peter to not call anything unclean in Acts.
I knew it would get to this, I'm done arguing maybe we can do this tommorow.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 2:41pm On May 24, 2020
francisduru:
We are all One Family in the sight of God.
. GOSPEL According to U right?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:43pm On May 24, 2020
RTSC:
If you prepare a Christmas food and give a real Muslim, he won't eat it.

But the so called Christians will eat anything eatable from muslims or even traditionalists.

The children of the world are more wiser than the children of the kingdom.

Keep eating.
I don't know what you mean by real Muslims but my Muslim neighbour held me by the neck that I must celebrate last Easter for him. Same with last salah, he brought meat for me. People take things differently and just as we have fanatics in Christianity so are there fanatics in Islam. Don't generalise.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

That's where they stand condemned according to the bible.
You think JW's make sense to me?
Jesus Said " I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life, No one cometh unto the father except by Me(Jesus).

Now do you agree with the above statement(Which invalidates Islam)
Or you disagree(Which validates Islam)?
Like I said earlier you know little or nothing about muslims as you've lived almost all your life in Niger delta(if I'm not mistaken).If Christ lived and preaches love, then I can't and don't have that right to write anyone off because of the difference in religion
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by MandalorianCree: 2:46pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort

So because Northern Muslims are more fanatical with their religion, the Yoruba muslims should follow suit. Baba, religion is just a tool of oppression. Enjoy ur life, eck a good and honest living, leave a legacy behind for your children, this is what life is all about, your happiness.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

This is false. Jehovah's witness believes Jesus is the son of God. Muslims don't believe in Jesus. They only mention him in an obscure way in their scriptures. Stop turning things upside down because of food. You can eat it. Nothing wrong there. You can love Muslims. It's allowed. But don't try to normalise fallacy.
lol,do you think I'm hungry? My emphasis has been on love and peaceful coexistence irrespective of our religion.Christ preached love and peace and He never condemned anyone
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 2:47pm On May 24, 2020
truthfulperson:
islam belongs to satan so avoid all that comes from the devil and its worshipers. By eating their foods you give them the wrong impression that they are on the right path. They will hate you for it someday when they die and discover the truth that you failed to lead them to God.if you love them help them make heaven. Islam, paganism,hinduism, atheism all belongs to satan . Only christianity in Jesus christ leads to heaven.
. MAY THE good Lord bless U richly 4 this truthful comment. One love.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by tee4naija(m): 2:47pm On May 24, 2020
Our biggest problem is not so much about religion but about ignorance. Islam and christianity are both less than 300 years old in Africa. Our forefathers had lived peacefully together for thousands of years before the division came upon them. Some Christians hate Islam and muslims, yet they go to Dubai and respect their rules and regulations which is largely Islamic. Same way,our so called fundamentalist muslims in the North travel to the UK and the US for education and abide strictly with their laws. Back home,they create the division. It is also among the poor and the downtrodden that religion still remains a divisive tool. Ganduje daughter married Ajimobi's son who is only a Muslim by name. His mother is a Christian married to a Muslim. Tinubu's wife is a Christian, so is Aregbesola's wife. When you get to heaven and discover that God does not judge by religion, it would have been too late. Enjoy your life and be good to your fellow man.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:47pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

I knew it would get to this, I'm done arguing maybe we can do this tommorow.
Don't bother arguing tomorrow. Drop fanaticism. Jesus Christ himself denounced it when Peter went that route. Be open to receive all with Christ's love as he himself did to zaccheus, Matthew the tax collector, the woman of tyre and the Roman centurion. Love covers multitude of sins. Read and live the Bible from an angle of love.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:52pm On May 24, 2020
Rozz:
lol,do you think I'm hungry? My emphasis has been on love and peaceful coexistence irrespective of our religion.Christ preached love and peace and He never condemned anyone
Good. Stay that lane. But don't try to normalise Islamic beliefs. The Muslims you know and are friends with, maintain the healthy relationships with them. But don't go believing all Muslims are like that or that they share your beliefs. Islam is totally different from Christianity. But it's ok. Doesn't mean we're enemies. Just be careful so you don't end up becoming a fifth columnist.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 2:52pm On May 24, 2020
Orpe7:
Why isn't any declaration before one can comment on a Christian post?
. I BELIEVE The founder of this very forum is a muslim.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Don't bother arguing tomorrow. Drop fanaticism. Jesus Christ himself denounced it when Peter went that route. Be open to receive all with Christ's love as he himself did to zaccheus, Matthew the tax collector, the woman of tyre and the Roman centurion. Love covers multitude of sins. Read and live the Bible from an angle of love.
I do have muslims at my work place as friends...
am not a fanatic, I'm just trying to draw a line between christainity and idolatry as the topic demands.
Am not a fanatic
Am not a fanatic
Am not a fanatic
Do have a nice day.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 24, 2020
Rozz:
Like I said earlier you know little or nothing about muslims as you've lived almost all your life in Niger delta(if I'm not mistaken).If Christ lived and preaches love, then I can't and don't have that right to write anyone off because of the difference in religion
Why did you avoid the question?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

I do have muslims at my work place as friends...
am not a fanatic, I'm just trying to draw a line between christainity and idolatry as the topic demands.
Am not a fanatic
Am not a fanatic
Am not a fanatic
Do have a nice day.
Poloyanabo1 you are a fanatic,its obvious
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:57pm On May 24, 2020
desiredhome:

Don't mind those dingbats who are blinded by religion.....they are even confused.....a deeper life Church goer will despise a Christ embassy Church goer.....etc
Bunch of deceivers deceiving themselves.,.
What about the shiites and sunnis? Dem dey gree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? / Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / Rev. Ladi Thompson's 2018 Prophecy About Nigeria: "Blood Will Spill"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.