Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. (7567 Views)

Eziagu Festival Of Heritage Records Impressive Cultural Exhibitions, Masquerades / The Significance Of Oranmiyan Staff And Ife Immovable Heritage Resource. / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 2:10am On May 24, 2020
There have been many historians from Dr Clarke, Cheikh Anta Diop, Clyde Winters, Prof. Akintoye, that have shown a substained link between all Africans to and fro the Nile region.

Are we saying Nigerians found the Nile Valley?

No, what the evidence shows however, is that West Africans are among the communities who helped create the Nile Valley civilisation.

This was a huge project that involved various cultures from all around the continent, Nigerians simply happened to be one of these ethnicities that has a presence there.

According to all the data, civilisation moved down the Nile, using these understanding, we know that West Africans experienced civilisation before North Africans.

#macof
#TAO11

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 3:26am On May 24, 2020
The new information from.TAO11 actually puts Yoruba as the founding Kings of the Kush kingdom, hold that thought for a while.

Me, Rashidi Runoko, Dr Ivan Sertima, Cheikh Anta Diop, Dr Henrik Clarke arent the first historians to suggest that there's a connection with the Nile Valley; olden day Arabians and Eurocentrics are the first to suggest this.

Below is a potrait of Nubian silk and produce traders.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 3:37am On May 24, 2020
macof:

New trend would be a good idea

But to that picture... Ask yourself, A nubian from Tunesia?

It's a well established fact that the original Tunisians are Nubian.

All the original communities in North Africa was Nubian communities.

Its important to note that apart from the modern definition of Nubian that the original North Africans belong, this term was used loosely to describe all melanated communities similar to the way Ethiopian, Kush, Blacksic and we would eventually adopt our given name Africa.

The name Africa predates any foreign intervention.

The evidence suggest that our ancestors, 'the phenoms', named our continent 'aphrike' whilst they occupied Asia and Europe, calling their origin 'the land that is free from cold and horror', that was later Romanized into 'Africa'.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 3:41am On May 24, 2020
Amujale:

Its important to note that apart from the modern definition of Nubian that the original North Africans belong, this term was used loosely to describe all melanated communities similar to the way Ethiopian, Kush, Blacksic and we would eventually adopt our given name Africa.

The claim is that our parents 'the phenoms' named the continent Africa, from 'aphrike' whilst they occupied Asia and Europe, calling their origin 'the land that is free from cold and horror'.

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 3:44am On May 24, 2020
Runoko Rashidi is one of the foremost scholars in the field of research into melanated communities all over the world. 

He is not the kind of academic who sits in an ivory tower only studying manuscripts, he meets with many communities in over 100 countries and visited countless museums and historical sites and given thousands of lectures. 

He has taken beautiful photographs, some of which feature in his other books published by Books of Africa, Black Star, African Star over Asia e.t.c
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 3:55am On May 24, 2020
Dr Ivan Sertima was an author, linguist, poet, anthropologist and associate professor of Africana Studies at Rutgers University in the United States.

He's best known for his best selling book 'They Came Before Columbus'.

A few of Dr Ivan Van Sertima's books that are good reads.

ℹ[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://metaphysicspirit.com/books/They%2520Came%2520Before%2520Columbus.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiwy-ibqvXpAhUTThUIHS7FCFEQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0oaew_cS9j9um839CP87bc] They Came Before Columbus[/url]. 1976

Note: clicking on the above link will take you to download the e-book version of the history textbook.

ℹBlacks in Science: Ancient and Modern. 1983

ℹAfrican Presence in Early Europe. 1985

ℹGreat African thinkers: Cheikh Anta Diop. 1986

ℹBlack Women in Antiquity. 1988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjhxeYRw2n4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 4:09am On May 24, 2020
Dr Cheikh Anta Diop, a distinguished historian, anthropologist and physicist who studied the human race’s origin and pre- colonial African culture.

Some of Dr Cheikh Anta Diop's books that are a good read include:

ℹThe African Origin of Civilisation

ℹPrecolonial Africa

https://books.google.be/books/about/The_African_Origin_of_Civilization.html?id=dHnDH-m9UQYC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button&redir_esc=y

[flash=250,250]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYk8cm_aREA[/flash]

Its important to note that although Diop speaks fluent French, is immediately translated from French into English by the translator in the video.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 4:23am On May 24, 2020
Dr John Henrik Clarke was an historian, professor, and a pioneer in the creation of Pan-African and Africana studies, and professional institutions in academia.

Here are some of Dr Henrik Clarkes books that are a good read:

ℹAfrican people in World History

ℹBlack Man of the Nile and His family

ℹWorld's great Men of Colour

ℹChristopher Columbus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmei-hUQUWY

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 4:30am On May 24, 2020
macof:

Can you direct me to the source of this information. i would like to read more on this "Yoruba King who founded ancient Kush"

There is a narrative in precolonisation history, pre-Egyptology, that suggest a ruler who travelled to a distant place to be crowned.

Both the monach and the distant land became legend, that royal bears the same name as the founding King of the Kingdom of Kush.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Obalufon: 1:44pm On May 25, 2020
Amujale:

The evidence suggest that our ancestors, 'the phenoms', named our continent 'aphrike' whilst they occupied Asia and Europe, calling their origin 'the land that is free from cold and horror', that was later Romanized into 'Africa'.

i told them the whites there now are arabs and turks Jordanese, Syrian origin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 8:33pm On May 27, 2020
Amujale:
The new information from.TAO11 actually puts Yoruba as the founding Kings of the Kush kingdom, hold that thought for a while.

Me, Rashidi Runoko, Dr Ivan Sertima, Cheikh Anta Diop, Dr Henrik Clarke arent the first historians to suggest that there's a connection with the Nile Valley; olden day Arabians and Eurocentrics are the first to suggest this.

Below is a potrait of Nubian silk and produce traders.

The tribal mark you screenshot and posted isn't Yoruba tribal mark. Absolutely not.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 2:38pm On May 28, 2020
Olu317:
The tribal mark you screenshot and posted isn't Yoruba tribal mark. Absolutely not.

I wouldnt be too certain.

These have been verified by various modern historians.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2020
Amujale:

I wouldnt be too certain.

These have been verified by various modern historians.

They are not bro. You can google picture of all Yoruba scarification. Beside, there are Yoruba descendants who don't wear scarification on their faces, except if one is abiku linked. I am sure Ileife art work has prove such exist at one time in that cosmopolitan city....

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Obalufon: 7:36pm On May 29, 2020
Olu317:
They are not bro. You can google picture of all Yoruba scarification. Beside, there are Yoruba descendants who don't wear scarification on their faces, except if one is abiku linked. I am sure Ileife art work has prove such exist at one time in that cosmopolitan city....

Cheers
scarification is recent in yoruba history my own lineage is a taboo to have scarification
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 8:42pm On May 29, 2020
Olu317:

Cheers

You're wrong.

The people who published that evidence (my sources) are professionals that actually travelled to these places and affirmed for themselves.

These body arts are well known and documented by the real time historians that i posted earlier.

Furthermore, i'm Yoruba and can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the images are absolutely correct.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2020
Olu317:
They are not bro...

Lets cut to the chase.

What are you disagreeing with here?

Dont use body art as your excuse for a pointless argument.

Check the title of the thread, and let me know what you disagree with.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Obalufon: 12:51pm On May 30, 2020
Amujale:

You're wrong.

The people who published that evidence (my sources) are professionals that actually travelled to these places and affirmed for themselves.

These body arts are well known and documented by the real time historians that i posted earlier.

Furthermore, i'm Yoruba and can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the images are absolutely correct.

The image of supposed Yoruba woman is not yoruba woman but kokobiri woman of northern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 2:13pm On May 30, 2020
Obalufon:
The image of supposed Yoruba woman is not yoruba woman but kokobiri woman of northern Nigeria

I have checked that myself, there are Yoruba who have that body art.

Yes Northern Nigerians have these. i.e Kokobiri, Gara e.t.c Yoruba use these as well. i.e Highlanders

I wouldnt post it without the correct verification.

Perhaps it goes to show how closely related the people of Nigeria actually are and that once we get rid of these foreign extremist ideologies, what remains is a lovely communion of brothers and sisters.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 2:55pm On May 30, 2020
Linguistic Similarities:

According to the semiotician Ferdinand de Sausurre in his 1972 book called General History of Africa, the surest way to prove a cultural contact between peoples is to adduce linguistic evidence.

In what is commonly known as the Saussure theory.

Identical/Similarities between Yoruba and Ancient Egypt/Kush.

ℹ Mi (to breath) - Mi (to breathe)

ℹBi (to become) - Bi (to become)

ℹOmi (Water) - Omi (water)

ℹOdo (river) - Do (river)

ℹTa (spread out) - Ta (spread out)

ℹTan (complete) - Tan (complete)

ℹOkan (one) - Kan (one)

ℹKumo (club) - Kum (club)

ℹEre (python) - Ere(python)

ℹFa (pull) - Fa (carry)

ℹOruwo (head) - Horuw (head)

ℹWu (rise) - Wu (rise)

There are over 100 identical words that have the exact same meaning in Yoruba as is present in the Ancient Egyptian/Kush dialects.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 3:35pm On May 30, 2020
Amujale:

You're wrong.

Well, I am Yoruba too and scarification is a taboo in my own lineage too though I will post Yoruba scarification.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 3:38pm On May 30, 2020
Obalufon:
scarification is recent in yoruba history my own lineage is a taboo to have scarification
I am from that kind of lineage too. Oyo group were one of the pioneer to it.

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Obalufon: 9:42pm On May 30, 2020
Olu317:
Well, I am Yoruba too and scarification is a taboo in my own lineage too though I will post Yoruba scarification.
our ancestor forbid it ..our deity forbid it
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Obalufon: 9:44pm On May 30, 2020
Amujale:

Yes Northern Nigerians have these. i.e Kokobiri, Gara e.t.c Yoruba use these as well. i.e Highlanders

Perhaps it goes to show how closely related the people of Nigeria actually are and that once we get rid of these foreign extremist ideologies, what remains is a lovely communion of brothers and sisters.
that woman is not yoruba

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Obalufon: 9:54pm On May 30, 2020
Olu317:
What part of yoruba land are you from why is it facial scarification a taboo in your lineage ... ..my ancestors my forebears didn't have scarification..

Our deities forbid people with scarification they are unclean if go to ile-Ife you will know scarification is recent..
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 10:18pm On May 30, 2020
Obalufon:
that woman is not yoruba

You keep making this assertion, when i have categorically told you that the woman is Yoruba.

Amujale:

The woman in the photo is 100% Yoruba.

There isnt a Yoruba region in Nigeria that i havent visited and spent at least a full calendar month. The photo is intentionally labelled in that way due to the fact that the produce trader is infact who it says.

Apart from reasearching, studying and reading extensively, i actually spend most of my time on the field.

Soon as the global situation improves, i will continue my field work.

So you can argue all you want but i maintain that there are highlanders that use similar body art. All you need to does is travel around our country more and you will come to the same conclussion.

Furthermore, lets not turn this thread into a discussion about body art.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 10:28pm On May 30, 2020
Olu317: ..I will post Yoruba scarification...

Dont bother.

Kindly create a new thread for posting body art of sorts and #tag me.

This thread isnt about body art, rather its about the evidence that suggest that Yoruba are among the Nigerians and other West Africans who migrated towards the North of Africa in order to create the Nile Valley civilisation.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 10:32pm On May 30, 2020
Obalufon:
our ancestor forbid it ..our deity forbid it

For goodness sake, you are missing the point.

This thread isnt concerned about the argument about body art.

Nothing goes to waste, rather than search for a negative connotation, we seek to exploit in a good way the very clues meant as a means of identification.

Btw, assuming there are no body arts, how are we to determine that the Nubian woman is indeed Nigerian? Our parents knew that these things will come in handy today.

The history here is that Nigerians are amongst the West Africans who help create the Nile Valley civilisation.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 10:52pm On May 30, 2020
Amujale:
Linguistic Similarities:

According to the semiotician Ferdinand de Sausurre in his 1972 book called General History of Africa, the surest way to prove a cultural contact between peoples is to adduce linguistic evidence.

In what is commonly known as the Saussure theory.

Identical/Similarities between Yoruba and Ancient Egypt/Kush.

ℹ Mi (to breath) - Mi (to breathe)

ℹBi (to become) - Bi (to become)

ℹOmi (Water) - Omi (water)

ℹOdo (river) - Do (river)

ℹTa (spread out) - Ta (spread out)

ℹTan (complete) - Tan (complete)

ℹOkan (one) - Kan (one)

ℹKumo (club) - Kum (club)

ℹEre (python) - Ere(python)

ℹFa (pull) - Fa (carry)

ℹOruwo (head) - Horuw (head)

ℹWu (rise) - Wu (rise)

There are over 100 identical words that have the exact same meaning in Yoruba as is present in the Ancient Egyptian/Kush dialects.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Obalufon: 12:32am On May 31, 2020
Amujale:

For goodness sake, you are missing the point.

This thread isnt concerned about the argument about body art.

Nothing goes to waste, rather than search for a negative connotation, we seek to exploit in a good way the very clues meant as a means of identification.

Btw, assuming there are no body arts, how are we to determine that the Nubian woman is indeed Nigerian? Our parents knew that these things will come in handy today.

The history here is that Nigerians are amongst the West Africans who help create the Nile Valley civilisation.
you are right bro

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 8:46pm On May 31, 2020
Obalufon:
What part of yoruba land are you from why is it facial scarification a taboo in your lineage ... ..my ancestors my forebears didn't have scarification..
Smiles. We have gone through my lineage story in the previous post. I am sure it was last year or thereabout.

Well, a taboo because, we are known as descendants of the gods. An Osayin practioner, or vast man in both Ifaodu priest is the only who can ordain such to be done if need be, as result of premature death of a child ( abiku) or more. Interestingly, we are a unique breed of Yorubas whose history is associated with Odudua.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 8:52pm On May 31, 2020
[quote author=Amujale post=90140209][/quote] Well, the West Africa has no human fossil that's older than Morocco, Ethiopia even Israel. So how is the migration from West to North Africa?

Which time amongst the era Egypt was invaded that Yoruba ever lived in Nile River ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Was Ezechime? / Nigerian Mother In Law Could Be Trying To Break Up My Marriage / The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.