Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,295 members, 7,954,173 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:38 PM

Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. (8250 Views)

Eziagu Festival Of Heritage Records Impressive Cultural Exhibitions, Masquerades / The Significance Of Oranmiyan Staff And Ife Immovable Heritage Resource. / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
Amujale,kindly provide more information to buttress the identity of Yoruba Nation did existed in Egypt.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by TAO11(f): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
Olu317:
[s]Like I had mentioned, you're the unsettled one because, your heart kept beating due to your ignorance. So I will stop because here because, there is no purpose engaging you any more or your superiors.

So, suddenly, your poor English knowledge has made you not to be vast in ,Yoruba's information anymore, which us due to typography error ? Anyway , your ignorance is grandeur because you are not conversant with the truth. Although,I desire to see you propound your information on Yoruba people as West Africa[/s]
What part of I’m uninterested in exchanging words with a deluded ignoramus like you did you not understand??

Anyways, I wasn’t expecting you to be able to string any coherent thought in your reply. And I’m glad you didn’t disappoint me. grin

Key takeaway for you: Going forward, be at least smart enough to stop the irony of presenting the very things that refute you as your evidence.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by TAO11(f): 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
Olu317:
Amujale,kindly provide more information to buttress the identity of Yoruba Nation did existed in Egypt.
Again, @Amujale was correct in his assertion of the historical fact that Yorubas are indigenous to West Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by ABULARdotCOM: 1:35am On Aug 14, 2020
This thread is very educative! I say, well done to all.

macof:

If you spoke Yoruba you would know that Obenga 's work is filled with flawed Yoruba translations
I wonder if he gave flawed translations for the Egyptian words too

EG. "ni" does not mean "exit" in Yorùbá
"bùsi" does not mean "to bless", "bose" does not mean "secretly", "busa" does not mean "to honor". "ama" is a loan word from hausa, so that doesn't count.
And more

Also i was hoping you would provide an independent egyptian dictionary that confirms this particular list you shared ealier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy14BdLm5JQ

https://medium.com/@Omokri/the-link-between-the-modern-yoruba-and-ancient-egyptians-b9d277c126c8

The reason I think some of the words in Obenga's work are strange to us is, because the Yoruba we speak today was not the same our ancestors spoke (there are lot of corruption). Same way various Yoruba clans speak Yoruba that have some differences.

cc Olu317

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 4:32am On Aug 14, 2020
ABULARdotCOM:

https://medium.com/@Omokri/the-link-between-the-modern-yoruba-and-ancient-egyptians-b9d277c126c8

The reason I think some of the words in Obenga's work are strange to us is, because the Yoruba we speak today was not the same our ancestors spoke (there are lot of corruption). Same way various Yoruba clans speak Yoruba that have some differences.

cc Olu317
I don't have problem with your assertion because, language is always continuum in nature or evolving,which Yoruba language isn't different. Although Yoruba language has been sustained over 10,000 thousands years ,which support the fact that new words are always recreated as synonymous for things, places, animals, people, etc which has not been in existence in such language, or as you have seen in Yoruba language.

Furthermore, words are recreated for things, places, people, animals in any language due non existence of such to fit into such environmental factor, which solemnly is due to contact with other newer groups in a community. So, such environment, group A and group B having reasons to living together either due to war or greener pasture purpose, would naturally affect both languages, which eventually will lead to dual languages spoken in such community that becomes switched interchangeably as both known as intimate and general languages.

Therefore the emigrants language, aboriginal's and the recreated words becomes fused in such environment, especially if the emigrants language is dominant or vice versa and alters the aboriginal or the new comers spoken language.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 5:06am On Aug 14, 2020
Amujale,

It is pertinent to assert here that when attempt through genetic links failed to prove presence of people in a community in the antiquity, either due to extinction or migration to other places,then one seek linguistic connection to identify places of such people's footprint.

Therefore, i advise you to find archeological evidence to support your claim on this thread and hopefully in real life and not a mumbo jumbo rhetoric. Further more, Yoruba language has cognates with words found among, Kemt and Arabic and Hebrews. My take on both Kemt and Arabic's words are just two example for now ,as follows:

1.Egypt: Akhat
Meaning: calendar, period , time

Yoruba: wakati
Meaning: time, period

Arabic: waqt
Meaning: time, season

2. Egypt: Liad
Meaning: chamber

Yoruba: Iledi
Meaning: chamber
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2020
Olu317:

Amujale:
Linguistic Similarities:

According to the semiotician Ferdinand de Sausurre in his 1972 book called General History of Africa, the surest way to prove a cultural contact between peoples is to adduce linguistic evidence.

In what is commonly known as the Saussure theory.

Identical/Similarities between Yoruba and Ancient Egypt/Kush.

ℹ Mi (to breath) - Mi (to breathe)

ℹBi (to become) - Bi (to become)

ℹOmi (Water) - Omi (water)

ℹOdo (river) - Do (river)

ℹTa (spread out) - Ta (spread out)

ℹTan (complete) - Tan (complete)

ℹOkan (one) - Kan (one)

ℹKumo (club) - Kum (club)

ℹEre (python) - Ere(python)

ℹFa (pull) - Fa (carry)

ℹOruwo (head) - Horuw (head)

ℹWu (rise) - Wu (rise)

There are over 100 identical words that have the exact same meaning in Yoruba as is present in the Ancient Egyptian/Kush dialects.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 6:59am On Aug 14, 2020
Olu317:

1.Egypt: Akhat
Meaning: calendar, period , time

Yoruba: wakati
Meaning: time, period

Arabic: waqt
Meaning: time, season

The above quote doesn’t apply to linguistic comparison as is what is known in grammatical construct as ‘Ede Ayalo’.

I hope that clears that up.

The Yoruba language predates Arabic in years that would amount in their hundreds and thousands.

As I have no intention to turn the discussion here into that of the perusal into the Arabic language; I will simply say this:

The Arabic language didn’t exist during the period of the Nile civilisation.

Furthermore, the Arabic language is said to be a derivative of the Chadic language system that was invented by African scribes; one which was eventually highjacked by olden days Arabian fundamentalists during their manufacturing of Islam.

The term Wakat isn’t Yoruba, ‘Iseju’ is; as in the speed of a blinking lid.

My advice is for you to actually read into the accurate comparison as described in my previous response.

Furthermore, you seem to find it hard to distinguish between the Kemetic dialects with that of the current stock that which aren’t original to the region.

The current stock of Egyptians originate from what can only be described in modern terms as an Arabic speaking stock.

Here, the discussion is regarding the language of the original communities that existed there prior to foreign distruption. i.e The Nubian communities (the original North African people).

These people migrated from various parts of the continent; East, Central, South and West; predominantly West African people that formed the train of delegations that would eventually found Kemit.

According to the Sassure theory, that which the evidence you seem to have overlooked:

According to the semiotician Ferdinand de Sausurre in his 1972 book called General History of Africa, the surest way to prove a cultural contact between peoples is to adduce linguistic evidence.

The term that resonates in Kemit pertaining to Akhat is infact “Akhenaten” also spelt Akhenaton also known as Amenhotep IV.

There’s no Kemit term Akhat that translates to the measurement of time.

For the record, the two pictographic symbols used for the commonly translated “time” and “eternity” are neheh (nhh) and djet (dt), respectively.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2020
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by macof(m): 8:20am On Aug 14, 2020
ABULARdotCOM:

cc Olu317

Languages evolve, fair enough but how did Obenga get words that the ancestors spoke but no Yoruba understands today. How can you verify that the words he gave mean what he said they mean in any Yoruba dialect or at any time in any Yoruba dialect.
Plus if he knew he was citing lost Yoruba words, don't you also think he would have stated that and provide a source to how he got those words?

About the video, much of that is very inaccurate.
1. Yorùbá do not call our Land, Ilẹ̀ Adúláwò. That is a recently formed word for "Africa". It does not belong to ancient Yoruba vocabulary.
2. Kemet does not mean "land of black people" but "black land" in reference to the black soil.
3. "Irawo" means Star in Yoruba, Irawo is not a deity, nor does it mean "rising sun"
4. Osun is not a moon god but a River Goddess
5. There are no records of Egyptians migrating South 1500 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by macof(m): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2020
TAO11:
You appear to be the Yoruba version of gregyboy. In other words, the very things which demolishes your point is what you always present as evidence. Ironic, isn’t it?

Your screenshot here (from Isaac Adeniji Ogunbiyi) made it clear that the effort to link Yoruba words to Arabic is simply an attempt, and by doctrinaire Islam scholars.

Do you even know what the English word doctrinaire means? You obviously don’t, because if you do, you certainly wouldn’t be making a mess of yourself like this.

Doctrinaire means: “seeking to impose a doctrine in all circumstances without regard to practical considerations.”

In other words, according to the same professor whom you seek to misrepresent; the attempt to link Yoruba words to Arabic is pseudo-academic, it is done by religious dogmatist, and it is against reality.

What else will refute you more than this same attachment you put forward with your own hand??

Stop bothering me with your bullshit. I hope I am clear enough.

Macof, please come and carry your illiterate and unteachable Hebrew/Arab wannabe.

grin that guy ehn.
I've never seen a Yoruba person be that oblivious to simple facts staring him in the face. So embarrassing

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by ABULARdotCOM: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2020
macof:

Languages evolve, fair enough but how did Obenga get words that the ancestors spoke but no Yoruba understands today. How can you verify that the words he gave mean what he said they mean in any Yoruba dialect or at any time in any Yoruba dialect.
Plus if he knew he was citing lost Yoruba words, don't you also think he would have stated that and provide a source to how he got those words?

Some of the words! Most of words in that in that journal are actually Yoruba.

I intentionally highlighted it in my last post. The only problem I have with the work is that I have no means to verify the Coptic words he compared Yoruba words with. But I don't know why obenga would lie, so I am more inclined to trust those Coptic words.

About the video, much of that is very inaccurate.
1. Yorùbá do not call our Land, Ilẹ̀ Adúláwò. That is a recently formed word for "Africa". It does not belong to ancient Yoruba vocabulary.
2. Kemet does not mean "land of black people" but "black land" in reference to the black soil.
3. "Irawo" means Star in Yoruba, Irawo is not a deity, nor doe in mean "rising sun"
4. Osun is not a moon god but a River Goddess
5. There are no records of Egyptians migrating South 1500 years ago.

The video was only provided to backup some points made my obenga and omokri's medium post.

The lack of records or evidence is what we are trying to recreate.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by macof(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
ABULARdotCOM:

Some of the words! Most of words in that in that journal are actually Yoruba.

I intentionally highlighted it in my last post. The only problem I have with the work is that I have no means to verify the Coptic words he compared Yoruba words with. But I don't know why obenga would lie, so I am more inclined to trust those Coptic words.

The video was only provided to backup some points made my obenga and omokri's medium post.

The lack of records or evidence is what we are trying to recreate.

Not lie. I wouldn't say that's a lie. But rather he was misled by his source or had no source

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by ABULARdotCOM: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
macof:

Not lie. I wouldn't say that's a lie. But rather he was misled by his source or had no source

You have a point here. He should have at the least provided us to the source of those Coptic words and Yoruba too. But he has set something rolling, that those in his field should investigate.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
Amujale:

The above quote doesn’t apply to linguistic comparison as is what is known in grammatical construct as ‘Ede Ayalo’.

I hope that clears that up.

The Yoruba language predates Arabic in years that would amount in their hundreds and thousands.

As I have no intention to turn the discussion here into that of the perusal into the Arabic language; I will simply say this:

The Arabic language didn’t exist during the period of the Nile civilisation.

Furthermore, the Arabic language is said to be a derivative of the Chadic language system that was invented by African scribes; one which was eventually highjacked by olden days Arabian fundamentalists during their manufacturing of Islam.

The term Wakat isn’t Yoruba, ‘Iseju’ is; as in the speed of a blinking lid.

My advice is for you to actually read into the accurate comparison as described in my previous response.

Furthermore, you seem to find it hard to distinguish between the Ancient Egyptian language with that of the current stock that which aren’t original to the region.

The current stock of Egyptians originate from what can only be described in modern terms as an Arabic speaking stock.

Here, the discussion is regarding the language of the original communities that existed there prior to foreign distruption. i.e The Nubian communities (the original North African people).

These people migrated from various parts of the continent; East, Central, South and West; predominantly West African people that formed the train of delegations that would eventually found Kemit.

According to the Sassure theory, that which the evidence you seem to have overlooked:

The term that resonates in Kemit pertaining to Akhat is infact “Akhenaten” also spelt Akhenaton also known as Amenhotep IV.

There’s no Kemit term Akhat that translates to the measurement of time.

For the record, the two pictographic symbols used for the commonly translated “time” and “eternity” are neheh (nhh) and djet (dt), respectively.

Sorry to disagree with you because is not a grammatical csl construct,since Iseju has an English interpretation,which is ‘blinking' or seconds in Yoruba language.This word is a koine word and extremely modern. So, don't see it adopted from Arabic or Egypt's because Yoruba Ifaodu has a lot of Arabic input or appropriately Semitic input, which Elias in in 1894, described the divination board and in later years , others such as , Rene Trautman,Bernard Maupoil,J.C Hebert scrutinise the relative relationship between Raml and Ramila-oramiela;Orumiela of Yoruba's.

Therefore, both are divination system and the origin of Yoruba's Ifaodu is in the void and not yet traceable to any mankind as Ifad(ephod) found amongst the Hebrew as well is not yet found .Though Ifad(ephod)exist but the interpreter of the Torah have difficulty in understanding the actual earlier meaning until further proofs, which prompted the belief that Ifad(ephod) is oracular more than a garment as speculated in some quarters

Secondly,you're the one that's guilty of assumption through your perception of using Akheten and Akhat which is false cognate.Perhaps, if you can be an Egyptologist ,then you will realise that the language of the Coptic Egyptians was only spoken by the Yorubas as Court language and when these people deserted that land, the language itself siezed to exist, until it arrived in West Africa.

Futhermore,let me emphasise here that I am extremely careful about ‘Yorubanisng' the Hebrew words that I have come across, unless I find the root words as true cognates across board. Besides, I can read the classic Hebrew's ideograms and their thoughts toward the language. So, it is beyond this platform.

Thirdly, Arabic language existed at per with Ethiopic language, Hebrews's, Ugaritic's Akkadians.So, don't make such mistake. In fact, Cuneiform was heavily discovered in Or; Mesopotamia ,which was of Sumerian origin. These Sumerians have been studied and recognised in the scholarly world as the pioneer writers on cuneiform before Egypt's. I hope you wouldn't claim, ‘biasness' towards Egypt ;Kemt because the Sumerians were not Oyinbos grin but blackhead people, naked in nature, who shave their heads to serve their king and his groups who were strangers,and also seen as demigods, due to herbology knowledge and civilization beyond the summerians knowledge.

And may be, I will share an excerpt from a Yoruba writer who recorded the account of Ooni and how he is seen as demigod by the shaved slaves in ancient IleIfe or antiquity, to reechoed the similarities between these demigods and the slaves; conquered people.

Lastly, the pictographs you posit for eternity in Egypt's antiquity ought be well described because, your information of description is amazingly not with weight. While the Yoruba's eternity is not strange to me.I hope you will post the screenshots...

Cheers.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
Amujale:

Those words you highlighted are actually the Classic Hebrew cognates and closely related to Arabic, Ugaritic,Ethiopic. This assertion indeed support the view that Aramaic was being adopted by Egyptians around 419BC.

Secondly, kindly read the era of Pharaoh Apries,who succeeded Psammechusis,in 589BC and the rebellious Upper Egypt at the later yeatse of reign because Pharaoh Apries allies were foreigners such as the Jews, or Arameans and others who fought as mercenaries for him. He was however defeated by Amusu in the upper Egypt after the later had been crowned as Pharaoh because he( Apries, favoured the foreign troops against his own people.

Perhaps, Yoruba military might as mercenaries in places like,Asante, Dahomey or Bini Kingdom etc will be reechoed in your heart. Interestingly, Aresa was once a king Yoruba's world view once panegyric is rendered to an ancestors with faceless lineage,in such a way to show respect for great king who did wonders in war times, or as great ruler in the antiquity.

Pharaos Ap-ries fought many wars and won many beyond Egypt land and further into the Levant land; Mesopotamia.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Olu317:
Sorry to disagree with you because is not a grammatical csl construct,since Iseju has an English interpretation,which is ‘blinking' or seconds in Yoruba language.

What are you disagreeing over, is it how you actually misconstrued what was being said, or the urge to simply continue a baseless argument.

Btw, Iseju is a generic Yoruba term, whilst Wakat isn’t.

One doesn’t need to hold a Ph.D in Yoruba and linguistics to be able to identify such fact, although that would definitely help.

In order words, what is the point of your argument?

Since you refuse to understand a simple fact, then there isn’t much for us to discuss.

The points that you disagree with are the subject of academia.

These aren’t mere opinions but indisputable facts.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
Olu317:
Those words you highlighted are actually the Classic Hebrew cognates and closely related to Arabic, Ugaritic,Ethiopic.

No they aren’t, those are from the Kemetic/Kush dialect.

Are you for real?

For the umpteenth time, Hebrew is a recent language that was concocted from a combination of German and Yiddish in the 1800’s.

There’s no evidence anywhere on planet Earth of the presence of Jews, Hebrews or any of the Abrahamic religions in Kemit.

Assuming you have such evidence, produce it here.

What historians did find however, is that the Abrahamic religions copied and plagiarised Kemetic history in an attempt to claim it as their own.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
Amujale:

What are you disagreeing over, is it how you actually misconstrued what was being said, or the urge to simply continue a baseless argument.

Btw, Iseju is a generic Yoruba term, whilst Wakat isn’t.

One doesn’t need to hold a Ph.D in Yoruba and linguistics to be able to identify such fact, although that would definitely help.

In order words, what is the point of your argument?

Since you refuse to understand a simple fact, then there isn’t much for us to discuss.

The points that you disagree with are the subject of academia.

These aren’t mere opinions but indisputable facts.

Iseju is a new or modern word adopted into Yoruba lexicon; otun oro (created or new word in Yoruba lexicon . Plainly, as relevant as the word in modem times of this 21st. Century, this word does not exist in 1913 dictionary of Yoruba language. So, don't be joke

Theefore, it is an opinion amongst people who recreate word or newer words in modern time because it iz a koine word. Ishe eyin oju is used to correspond with English's pattern of Gregorian calendar and clock . Tnis word in Yoruba language was absent in the medieval time.Therefore, it is derived from description of rapid eyes blinking or facial's eyes blinking , so don't make it look as if you're right because you're wrong.

Wakati is time or hour in Yoruba language and this is cognate with Arabic and Coptic Egyptians.This word is recognised as Yoruba language and not written even as borrowed from Arabic's lexicon. Word loaned from Arabic are noted in this dictionary as well. If you want the screenshot, I shall oblige.

Are you even aware that tse , -s- or z etc sound exist in Yoruba language? Kindly note it that Oyo dialect is not as old as the Eastern Yorubas. Thus,, it is not about Yoruba language continuum but the classic Yoruba language is the purpose of this thread of yours.

Cheers.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by ABULARdotCOM: 4:32am On Aug 15, 2020
Amujale:

No they aren’t, those are from the Kemetic/Kush dialect.

Are you for real?

For the umpteenth time, Hebrew is a recent language that was concocted from a combination of German and Yiddish in the 1800’s.

There’s no evidence anywhere on planet Earth of the presence of Jews, Hebrews or any of the Abrahamic religions in Kemit.

Assuming you have such evidence, produce it here.

What historians did find however, is that the Abrahamic religions copied and plagiarised Kemetic history in an attempt to claim it as their own.

Please could you share the source of your information? I would like to learn some new things.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2020
Olu317:

...kindly read the era of Pharaoh Apries...

There was never a Pharaoh named Apries in Ancient Egypt.

Eurocentric historians fabricated that story in an attempt to legitimise the fake Babylon and Judah narratives.

Point to us the pyramid built by this fictitious king known as Apries, or even a slab of two rocks built on top of other that had his inscriptions.

There’s nowhere in Kemetic history that mentions either Apries, Babylon or Judah, these are all fabricated by the mzungu.

Therefore, I wouldn’t have read about any king Apries in Egypt history due to the fact that such a character never existed.

I can give you an accurate chronology of all the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt and you won’t find the name Apries in that list.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2020
ABULARdotCOM:

Please could you share the source of your information? I would like to learn some new things.

The Hebrew Language was officially created on October 13th 1881 and was credited to Eliezer Ben-Yehuda.

That is to say, prior to the above date, there wasn’t a written form of the language anywhere on the planet.

“Yiddish is a High German–derived language spoken by the Ashkenazi Jews.”

Now go and check the similarities between Germanic /Hebrew/Yiddish.

Let me assist you, follow the link below:

https://www.yivo.org/Yiddish

It’s important to note that the name ‘yidish’ in Yiddish means Jewish.

Now, moving on,

According to www.yivo.org

The basic grammar and vocabulary of Yiddish, which is written in the Hebrew alphabet, is Germanic.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2020
Olu317:
Iseju is a new or modern word adopted into Yoruba lexicon; otun oro (created or new word in Yoruba lexicon . Plainly, as relevant as the word in modem times of this 21st. Century, this word does not exist in 1913 dictionary of Yoruba language.

You aren't serious, when did the 1913 dictionary start to exist, why, and for whom?

Dude, stop this nonsense already. Go and re-educate yourself regarding the Yoruba language.

I won’t be replying you on these simple facts that you seem unable to understand.

Assuming you insist on these kind of ignorance then create a new thread on Yoruba Grammar and then tag me, and then we’ll take it from there.

I’m certain that many people will be obliged to provide the necessary correction as deemed appropriate.

As for this thread, let’s concentrate our focus on the connection between Yoruba and the Nile Valley.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by ABULARdotCOM: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2020
Amujale:

The Hebrew Language was officially created on October 13th 1881 and was credited to Eliezer Ben-Yehuda.

That is to say, prior to the above date, there wasn’t a written form of the language anywhere on the planet.

“Yiddish is a High German–derived language spoken by the Ashkenazi Jews.”

Now go and check the similarities between Germanic /Hebrew/Yiddish.

Let me assist you, follow the link below:

https://www.yivo.org/Yiddish

It’s important to note that the name ‘yidish’ in Yiddish means Jewish.

Now, moving on,

According to www.yivo.org

The basic grammar and vocabulary of Yiddish, which is written in the Hebrew alphabet, is Germanic.

Okay, thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Olu317:

Lastly, the pictographs you posit for eternity in Egypt's antiquity ought be well described because, your information of description is amazingly not with weight. While the Yoruba's eternity is not strange to me.I hope you will post the screenshots...

Firstly, you misconstrued the point I was alluding, there was no intent to relate the Kemetic term for ‘ time’ and or ‘eternity’ with that of the Yoruba lingua.

The point was that ‘Akhat’ doesn’t mean ‘time’ in the Kemtic language, ‘neheh’(nnh) does.

Secondly, it’s as clear as day that you aren’t familiar with hieroglyphics.

Furthermore, anyone who’s conversant on the Kemetic/Kush dialect would know that ‘time’ and ‘eternity’ are deemed in a concept of dualism. They can’t mention one without mentioning the other.

Now look at the images below and tell us their meaning.

It’s ok if you don’t know, just say so rather than attempting veer off on a tangent.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
TAO11:
Thank you for stating these very important points in a very clear and succinct manner.

May you never get lost, feel inferior, or become fake.

Ase!, May the Almighty God grant you the same that you’ve wished for me.

Thank you for you kind response. It’s fair to say that you gave provisions to unlocked the final piece of the seeming puzzle.

In a way, this thread couldn’t have existed without your wealth of knowledge.

Kudos goes out to you guys for sticking to your guns and supporting the truth, asking the correct questions and never fearing to provide timely and balanced responses.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
Amujale:

You aren't serious, when did the 1913 dictionary start to exist, why, and for whom?

Dude, stop this nonsense already. Go and re-educate yourself regarding the Yoruba language.

I won’t be replying you on these simple facts that you seem unable to understand.

Assuming you insist on these kind of ignorance then create a new thread on Yoruba Grammar and then tag me, and then we’ll take it from there.

I’m certain that many people will be obliged to provide the necessary correction as deemed appropriate.

As for this thread, let’s concentrate our focus on the connection between Yoruba and the Nile Valley.

Lol. So, you're have isheju as classic word in Yoruba's lexicon ?Well, no dialects in Yoruba's lands have such because,it is new word. Yoruba use movement of the sunlight to predict time. Thus, you're not correct on dictionaries translation into English language, since, the oldest dictionary was written 1843-44 wbich wad documented by Ajayi's crowther's account where he blundered in traditional ritual words interpretation in Yoruba language. The second was written which didn't see the light of the day and the third is which I had mentioned to you. So you are funny!

On a serious note, I don't need to turn this thread into another Hebrew cum Yoruba saga.So , concentrate on Yorubas ancestors footprint in Egypt,which all of us are aware of, because Olumide Lucas had made that research to exist in his co-written book on Yoruba people as well as Dierk Lange information on such,to mention afew.

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
Amujale:

Firstly, you misconstrued the point I was alluding, there was no intent to relate the Kemetic term for ‘ time’ and or ‘eternity’ with that of the Yoruba lingua.

The point was that ‘Akhat’ doesn’t mean ‘time’ in the Kemtic language, ‘neheh’(nnh) does.

Secondly, it’s as clear as day that you aren’t familiar with hieroglyphics.

Furthermore, anyone who’s conversant on the Kemetic/Kush dialect would know that ‘time’ and ‘eternity’ are deemed in a concept of dualism. They can’t mention one without mentioning the other.

Now look at the images below and tell us their meaning.

It’s ok if you don’t know, just say so rather than attempting veer off on a tangent.

If indeed you can read Hieroglyphs then kudos to you though I have seen the Nun(Hebrew's alphabet for N), . Although, the Hebrew alphabets have some similar letters but different while others veer away from it. To you, I can't read it ? Smile. Hieroglyphs as you see them have been broken down by world's scholars so,I don't need to trouble myself on the Egyptians ancient inscription.

It is with sincerity that you should be able to show the interpretation of existence of Yoruba words with this knowledge of yours as I have been doing on a language classified as ’Isolate' in linguistic world's view. Do you even know what my position or world's scholars state on classic Hebrew ? grin

Futhermore, you have not affirmed to the fact, that Yoruba have hieroglyphs or pictographs of visual human heads with horn in West Africa to support your postulations as did by Kemt ; Ethiopians Nubians, in Egypt. Besides,you didn't explain the purpose of how the alteration of words in Kemt happened,which survived in Yoruba land, with hieroglyphs found in Yoruba lands so that you can can prove that Kemt account didn't mentioned Akhat was a word that serves as Calendar period in Lower Egypt as World's scholars did. Kindly get informed by doing research on it before egocentrism which is null and void before me.

Secondly, in as much as I have done a little here,then show with evidence tha Yoruba have hieroglyphs instead, obelisks,which have Near East replicas. And If you're indeed sure of your information, then show through modern Roman-Latin version of Arabic letters, to support your postulation.

Lastly, below screenshot is ons of the oldest inscription of ancient Hebrew,so stop misinformation that is based on assumptions.

Cheers

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
Amujale ,
With due regard to your view, hence, I will only post account of world's scholars book to point to some people who lived in Egypt in antiquity without ancient Hebrew's information. Although, if you have question on such, then the thread for it exist already.

Cheers.
Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Olu317(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2020
Below, is the screenshot of Egyptians alphabets. As you can see, the N is water which is differ from youbas N for na(ner) for light. Obviously, this affirm, to the reality that the supposedly spoken Yoruba language in Egypt was a franca lingua.

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
Olu317:
Below, is the screenshot of Egyptians alphabets. As you can see, the N is water which is differ from youbas N

Great post.

I’m familiar with these concepts, it’s an alphabetic construct used by many scholars, mostly used by the present day Egyptians.

The transliteration is Omi also spelt Umi both meaning water as in a body of water.

Yami is mist and or plasmid fluid.

Assuming you disagree with these facts, kindly tell us what you think is the meaning of ‘Omi’ in Kemetic/Kush dialect.

Furthermore, the ‘N’ refers to N - Nile.

Although some academics will say that Nu is actually the correct term to be used in that particular context. i.e Nu Ankh

It’s important to note that the concept of using an ark in these extremist ideologies and their flood stories was stolen from an African concept.

Nu Ankh is the metaphorical ship that the people of Kemit wrote about in terms of everyone should live a righteous, virtuous life in line with having a good attitude, adhering to the essence in Ma-aT, listening to our parents/guardians, elders and tutors.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nile Valley Heritage. by Amujale(m): 1:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Olu317:
If indeed you can read Hieroglyphs then kudos to you though I have seen the Nun(Hebrew's alphabet for N).

The Hebrew alphabet was invented in the 1800’s.

Olu317:

Lastly, below screenshot is ons of the oldest inscription of ancient Hebrew,so stop misinformation that is based on assumptions.

The oldest Hebrew manuscript was written in and around the 1800’s.

Authors of these collections includes a Professor in Arabic - Abraham Whelock commonly known as the Arabist, Thomas van Erpe’s, commonly known as Epenius, Isaac Faraji, commonly known as Pragi,
Richard Holdsworth, Henry Lucas, Edmund Castell, Claudius Buchanan e.t.c

Most historians agree that there’s no genuine Hebrew manuscripts that predate those of the above authors and that the fact that they are proven to be written by real people doesn’t by any means validate the rhetoric that they were peddling.

As in, similar to all the other Abrahamic religious text, they were peddling a false representation of history.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alhaji Abubakar Ali Appointed As The New Emir Of Yamaltu / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.