Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! (15088 Views)

Biafra Quest Fuels Nigeria Conflict: Too Scared To Marry And Bury Bodies - BBC / Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement / Nigeria Conflict Stops Farmers’ Bid To Benefit From Us-China Trade War-Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by OfoIgbo: 12:25pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

The 1st question you should have asked is what political parties existed at the time? What clout did Zik have then? Who gave him his 1st political platform? When you have these questions answered 1st you will know there was no Igbo Party he could have used for his career. The North you look down on today was better poised politically than the Ndiigbo. Zik by the circumstances of his birth and career path should have been a unifier of the different regions of Nigeria but he went on to be a bridge burner. He sowed the seeds of discord and mistrust the Country is plagued with it is one thing to claim to be pan-African and another to act solely in the interest of tribe and tongue in a multiethnic Country.

There you go again, making unfounded allegations against Zik that your people couldn't prove at the Willinks commission hearing. The thing is that all these trumped up allegations you are still coming up with have been deliberated on, by a competent and super-neutral body, The Willinks Commission.

All the allegations against the Eastern Nigerian government were found to be frivolous, so please I am not impressed with you regurgitating them here again.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by RuggedSniper: 12:44pm On May 25, 2020
EzeAro:

Brother as an Igbo I'm not exonerating my people from any war
crimes they committed even if it was far and in between. Definitely war crimes were committed by troops on BOTH sides, the Biafrans weren't saints either but if the documented files on the crimes are anything to reckon with, then the Federal soldiers definitely committed far more war crimes than the Biafrans. The Asaba massacre of more than 700 civilians alone beats any documented records on the Biafran side. Are you also trying to imply that the Nigerian
soldiers didn't kill, pillage and rape minorities that they "liberated" in places like Calabar, Uyo and Rivers? cause I have loads and loads of available facts on that... I just find it strange you are trying to paintbrush the Biafran side in a bad hue, as if the Nigerian soldiers were any better if not worse on your people.
^^^ NOTE: From the video posted here, 12,000 Bakana indigenes were deported as punishment to the enclave and a little over 7,000 came back to Bakana alive! It means approximately 5,000 Ijaws of Bakana died in rebel hands. Asaba should never have happened because they welcomed Federal troops with open arms. It was a bad error of judgement which was against the military rules of engagement laid out by the FG in 1967 and it is good that Gen. Gowon has apologised... But did Col. Ojukwu apologise for the Bakana and Mid-West invasions and killings officially... NO! First off, many Niger Deltans took very active part in the liberation of Bonny, PH, Calabar, Ikot Ekpene, and even the Mid-West Region and the core Ibo enclave. So how is it possible that the gallant Niger Delta soldiers and officers of the Nigerian Army or military would encourage attacks such as rape and killings of Ijaws, Efiks, Ikwerres, Ibibios? Col. Ogbebor, Col. Etuk, Isaac Boro, and Capt. Elechi Amadi (who was later appointed as the PH administrator during the Nigerian Civil War) would have spoken against such acts. Since the early 1980s, I've read a lot of Nigerian Civil War books from both sides to gain a clearer picture, and to avoid propaganda. An Ikwerre man (in his late 60s) who I personally know told me that as a living witness, the first wave of troops who liberated PH in 1968 were hard because of the suspicion that biafra rebel moles could still be hiding within PH and environs, but other waves of Nigerian troops who came immediately after, treated the natives with kindness and there are several pictures and videos online that show many PH and even Benin City residents jubilating and welcoming Nigerian Federal troops! Last but not least, all rebel POWs were released at the end of the war... but Nigerian POWs in the rebel enclave were not and have not been accounted for till today violating international convention. Cc: PHijo, Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Sunshineg5, TonyeBarcanista

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by wingmanIII: 12:51pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

What is the fake news?

So how far? Are your people emancipated today?
The Ijaw lands still remain the most exploited and scorched in the country today.
Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by OfoIgbo: 1:13pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

I do not have the intention to reply all the nonsense you wrote here, but let me correct that false claim to the Ibani Islands like Bonny and other Ijaw communities like Ndoki the Igbos owned no strip of land along the Niger River. It is unfortunate people like you always need to be reminded of your history and place in Nigeria. That Ijaw Islands like Bonny and a host of other Niger-Delta Ports were vital exchange Ports in the transatlantic slave trade doesn't make them Igbo settlements. You still do not own the Americas because your forbearers were shipped over there. That is why after hundreds of years we still speak of the indigenous people of the Americas. Get it into your skull while African Americans were involuntarily resettled in the Americas Ndigbo never owned nor settled in any of the Islands, Ports or Pennisulas you are trying to claim. We Ijaws don't dream you have been dreaming Biafra since the 60s Porthacourt will become your nightmare. Shameless lowlifes that had to agitate for a country using other people's identity.

Nah, Portharcourt is now your nightmare since it is probably no longer your state capital. Ikwerres will burn you alive if you dare claim it.

Even Senator Magnus Abe, an Eleme man know that Bonny was founded by Ndokis from Azuogu https://www.nairaland.com/2391489/even-senator-magnus-abe-knows

And if you think Ndokis are not aware of their ownership of the place, well also check this site out https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1644407672497838&set=introductory-of-bonny-ndoki-disagreement-18th-centuriesgeorge-pepple-is-nominall

Obviously, I will back the umu Ubani claims, as it is well known, and any of your territory annexation plans will come to nought. There is no way I will support any group who use any opportunity to try and rubbish the Igbo name with their shadowy friends from the SW

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by PHijo(m): 2:15pm On May 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Nah, Portharcourt is now your nightmare since it is probably no longer your state capital. Ikwerres will burn you alive if you dare claim it.

Even Senator Magnus Abe, an Eleme man know that Bonny was founded by Ndokis from Azuogu https://www.nairaland.com/2391489/even-senator-magnus-abe-knows

And if you think Ndokis are not aware of their ownership of the place, well also check this site out https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1644407672497838&set=introductory-of-bonny-ndoki-disagreement-18th-centuriesgeorge-pepple-is-nominall

Obviously, I will back the umu Ubani claims, as it is well known, and any of your territory annexation plans will come to nought. There is no way I will support any group who use any opportunity to try and rubbish the Igbo name with their shadowy friends from the SW

First things first, Port Harcourt is my state capital. Secondly dem no born that Ikwerre man wey wan born me alive well! No mortal man can burn me or do me any harm.

Magnus Abe is not an Eleme man, stop talking about issues you know nothing about.

Magnus Abe is not qualified to tell any of us Ijaw history. He is not Ijaw, he is not from Bonny, he his not an historian by training.

Ndoki. Is Ijaw, I won't tell you the name in full. You spin masters are looking for clues to promote your expansionist agenda. As Ijaw people we are firm and resolute in our resolve to preserve our history and heritage.

Finally, it is no coincidence that from Bonny in Rivers state to Brass in Bayelsa state, we call our monarchs Amayanabo. Please leave us alone! You've caused enough trouble already. Even Ikwerre people who share linguistic ties with you are ashamed to share the same identity with you. Let Ijaw people be abeg!

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by sageb: 2:44pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

First things first, Port Harcourt is my state capital. Secondly dem no born that Ikwerre man wey wan born me alive well! No mortal man can burn me or do me any harm.

Magnus Abe is not an Eleme man, stop talking about issues you know nothing about.

Magnus Abe is not qualified to tell any of us Ijaw history. He is not Ijaw, he is not from Bonny, he his not an historian by training.

Ndoki. Is Ijaw, I won't tell you the name in full. You spin masters are looking for clues to promote your expansionist agenda. As Ijaw people we are firm and resolute in our resolve to preserve our history and heritage.

Finally, it is no coincidence that from Bonny in Rivers state to Brass in Bayelsa state, we call our monarchs Amayanabo. Please leave us alone! You've caused enough trouble already. Even Ikwerre people who share linguistic ties with you are ashamed to share the same identity with you. Let Ijaw people be abeg!
don't mind them. Their obsession with Niger Deltans is legendary.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by EzeAro: 2:50pm On May 25, 2020
RuggedSniper:

^^^ NOTE: From the video posted here, 12,000 Bakana indigenes were deported as punishment to the enclave and a little over 7,000 came back to Bakana alive! It means approximately 5,000 Ijaws of Bakana died in rebel hands. Asaba should never have happened because they welcomed Federal troops with open arms. It was a bad error of judgement which was against the military rules of engagement laid out by the FG in 1967 and it is good that Gen. Gowon has apologised... But did Col. Ojukwu apologise for the Bakana and Mid-West invasions and killings officially... NO! First off, many Niger Deltans took very active part in the liberation of Bonny, PH, Calabar, Ikot Ekpene, and even the Mid-West Region and the core Ibo enclave. So how is it possible that the gallant Niger Delta soldiers and officers of the Nigerian Army or military would encourage attacks such as rape and killings of Ijaws, Efiks, Ikwerres, Ibibios? Col. Ogbebor, Col. Etuk, Isaac Boro, and Capt. Elechi Amadi (who was later appointed as the PH administrator during the iigerian Civil War) would have spoken against such acts. Since the early 1980s, I've read a lot of Nigerian Civil War books from both sides to gain a clearer picture, and to avoid propaganda. An Ikwerre man (in his late 60s) who I personally know told me that as a living witness, the first wave of troops who liberated PH in 1968 were hard because of the suspicion that biafra rebel moles could still be hiding within PH and environs, but other waves of Nigerian troops who came immediately after, treated the natives with kindness and there are several pictures and videos online that show many PH and even Benin City residents jubilating and welcoming Nigerian Federal troops! Last but not least, all rebel POWs were released at the end of the war... but Nigerian POWs in the rebel enclave were not and have not been accounted for till today violating international convention. Cc: PHijo, Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Sunshineg5, barcanista
This reeks of emotionalism, your facts don't agree with your feelings as I can preen your bias and ignorance from a wide berth of distance. There were many documented records of far worse war comes committed by Federal soldiers on the minority areas they claimed to have liberated. If you want to educate yourself about the war, then read the book titled *Brother's war* by John De St Norte-the most unbiased and comprehensive account of the war written by a man who covered all the events of the war from both sides...rather than bask yourself in some half-baked facts culled from a video (you even claimed Biafrans deported 12,000 Bakana indigenes and presumably killed 5000 from the one that returned), why don't you post other articles and journals to collaborate that outlandish claim? Dude are you aware that thousands of Niger Deltans (men and officers alike) fought bravely with Biafra and several of them even died in the service of Biafra. The ogoni, Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio etc had hundreds of men that fought for Biafra FACTS, don't make it seem like Igbos were these evil occupying tribe that wiped out generations of non-Igbo minorities, until you bring me balanced facts to your preposterous nonsense (I mean the claims of massacres of Niger Deltans by Igbos on a grand scale blah blah blah), then I'll just dismiss your arguments as mere insufferable rubbish.

As for the Asaba massacre, when did Gowon apologize? Why didn't the main officers who masterminded the worst massacre in the Nigerian civil war- the likes of Col Taiwo Ibrahim, Murtala Muhammed etc apologize for that gruesome massacre of Asaba people? How many Nigerian officers and men apologized for the massacre of nearly 3 million deaths through starvation policies of Eastern Nigerians (Igbos and non-Igbo included)? Why singling out the few occasions of oppressive acts by Biafran troops against the tons of documented cases of atrocities perpetrated by the Nigerian side? your disingenuous tendencies are palpable. I read from an Izon article published a while ago that Isaac Boro was actually killed by Adekunle, I'll post it for you to read if you want...it was a revealing piece written by Izon people.

For the records after Boro was killed by Adekunle, his 15th and 16th brigade which formed the core of Rivers and other Niger delta men fighting on the Nigerian side were all disbanded. So your claim that Niger Delta soldiers were involved in the "liberation" of core Igbo areas is just plain nonsense.

Have Nigeria apologized for the Ogoni killings, the hanging of Ken Saro wiwa, the siphoning of your oil wealth and utter neglect of your communities, the brazen killings of your people under the guise of ridding of militants, has OBJ apologized for the Odi massacres? why are you so hell bent on demonizing the Igbos as if Nigeria hasn't done far worse to your people? Meanwhile, can you provide DOCUMENTED facts that Biafran POWs in Federal hands were released after that war, and the Nigerian POWs all killed by Biafrans? please provide a source to that claim. I'm officially calling you out on that!

And before I forget this was the article written by an Ijaw on who killed Isaac Boro, keep distorting history as it suits you, the facts of history will always dim your agenda.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.unitedijaw.com/tribute_boro.htm&ved=2ahUKEwjt-Pbslc_pAhUWv54KHe1KAyIQFjALegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2WzpMD8R4Zz_0gdSnbYsBe&cshid=1590415110228

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by OfoIgbo: 2:52pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Magnus Abe is from Rivers state and not an Ndoki-Igbo, neither is he Ijaw, so he occupies a neutral ground in this argument. Don't discount his stipulations because he doesn't favour your land-grabbing ambitions. And by the way, he is from Eleme according to this article https://allafrica.com/stories/201908140047.html

The word OBIGBO (The Igbo Heart), clearly states what Ndokis are. That your expansionist leaders then decided to change it to OYIGBO, so that you guys can commence this latter day "Ndokis are Ijaws" crap won't wash.

Even Ken Saro Wiwa referred to them as Ndoki Igbos, and Igbo is the language that Ndokis speak, and their culture is Igbo. The former president of my Igbo youth group in the UK, was an Ndoki man. So you will have an impossible time, convincing people that Ndokis are Ijaws. I am aware your Ijaw people have been making clandestine visits to Ndoki territories seeking that they tolerate the notion that they have Ijaw affinity. Good luck with that, but Ndokis are Igbos.

So Bonny Island and Opobo are Ndoki-owned towns and are Igbo grin grin grin Deal with that
Ehm, well Opobo is owned by the Jaja descendants, according to a supreme court ruling

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by EzeAro: 3:03pm On May 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Magnus Abe is from Rivers state and not an Ndoki-Igbo, neither is he Ijaw, so he occupies a neutral ground in this argument. Don't discount his stipulations because he doesn't favour your land-grabbing ambitions. And by the way, he is from Eleme according to this article https://allafrica.com/stories/201908140047.html

The word OBIGBO (The Igbo Heart), clearly states what Ndokis are. That your expansionist leaders then decided to change it to OYIGBO, so that you guys can commence this latter day "Ndokis are Ijaws" crap won't wash.

Even Ken Saro Wiwa referred to them as Ndoki Igbos, and Igbo is the language that Ndokis speak, and their culture is Igbo. The former president of my Igbo youth group in the UK, was an Ndoki man. So you will have an impossible time, convincing people that Ndokis are Ijaws. I am aware your Ijaw people have been making clandestine visits to Ndoki territories seeking that they tolerate the notion that they have Ijaw affinity. Good luck with that, but Ndokis are Igbos.

So Bonny Island and Opobo are Ndoki-owned towns and are Igbo grin grin grin Deal with that
Ehm, well Opobo is owned by the Jaja descendants, according to a supreme court ruling
You dey mind these idiots, even their Opobo was founded by an Igbo man, we basically defined a section of their most notable part of history for them. Ndi iberibe.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by EzeAro: 3:13pm On May 25, 2020
RuggedSniper:

^^^ NOTE: From the video posted here, 12,000 Bakana indigenes were deported as punishment to the enclave and a little over 7,000 came back to Bakana alive! It means approximately 5,000 Ijaws of Bakana died in rebel hands. Asaba should never have happened because they welcomed Federal troops with open arms. It was a bad error of judgement which was against the military rules of engagement laid out by the FG in 1967 and it is good that Gen. Gowon has apologised... But did Col. Ojukwu apologise for the Bakana and Mid-West invasions and killings officially... NO! First off, many Niger Deltans took very active part in the liberation of Bonny, PH, Calabar, Ikot Ekpene, and even the Mid-West Region and the core Ibo enclave. So how is it possible that the gallant Niger Delta soldiers and officers of the Nigerian Army or military would encourage attacks such as rape and killings of Ijaws, Efiks, Ikwerres, Ibibios? Col. Ogbebor, Col. Etuk, Isaac Boro, and Capt. Elechi Amadi (who was later appointed as the PH administrator during the iigerian Civil War) would have spoken against such acts. Since the early 1980s, I've read a lot of Nigerian Civil War books from both sides to gain a clearer picture, and to avoid propaganda. An Ikwerre man (in his late 60s) who I personally know told me that as a living witness, the first wave of troops who liberated PH in 1968 were hard because of the suspicion that biafra rebel moles could still be hiding within PH and environs, but other waves of Nigerian troops who came immediately after, treated the natives with kindness and there are several pictures and videos online that show many PH and even Benin City residents jubilating and welcoming Nigerian Federal troops! Last but not least, all rebel POWs were released at the end of the war... but Nigerian POWs in the rebel enclave were not and have not been accounted for till today violating international convention. Cc: PHijo, Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Sunshineg5, barcanista
The bolded has clearly exposed your pathetic agenda grin. So it's a call of bad judgement for Nigerian troops to have hundreds of people who actually welcomed them with open arms lined up and mercilessly machined gunned in broad daylight? how's is that plausibly logical or worth rationalizing when you try to justify that act of bloodletting vs the claim of Biafran troops deporting and killing thousands of Ijaws from Bakana... like even when you juxtapose the two scenarios together, which act of war crime is worse? the international community and various war correspondents know and have on record the Asaba massacre, barely anyone knows the Bakana incident took place, and yet every sane Igbo who is now aware of these incidents against Ijaws definitely empathize with the situation and are ready to apologize to our Ijaw/Niger delta brothers.

Nigeria has and WILL never apoloze for its atrocities against your people, those are your real enemies not Ibos. Biafra as it has been made clear is wholly an Igbo affair, the few elements who are in the business of forcing non-Ibos into Biafra don't speak for the greater Ibo nation. We are not your problem, we are not interested in you lots, we just wish you fight for your people and their interests without trying to paint rope us into this false narrative of persecution complexes like we are the ones responsible for the poverty in your lands, direct your anger to the North.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by PHijo(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

I laugh at your ignorance!
Jumbo jumbogha otherwise known as Jaja is an Ibani Ijaw just like anyone else. Oyigbo you erroneously refer to as Obigbo is Ijaw. In fact, if you are conversant with history you would know that the Ibani and Okrika clans of the Ijaw nation are deeply intertwined that the Ndoki cannot be separated from the Ibani or Okrika Okrika Ijaw. You are confused by what it means to be Ibani, Okrika, Ndoki or Oyigbo.

We Ijaws are not about to teach you revisionist Igbos our history.

The rubbish you are talking is like telling a Jew he is no Jewish because he is European or North American. Like I told you before, claim America, Brazil , Colombia or Mexico where you sold your kinfolk to. Supreme court ruling or not, Jumbo jumbogha left Bonny island for Opobo as an Ibani Ijaw. He died an Ijaw man. There is no evidence that Jaja had ever been an Igbo man. Every record of Jumbo jumbogha was in Ijawland and of him being Ijaw. Anybody can claim to come from any part of Nigeria, we know how many Igbos claim to be Saro-Wiwa 's father's sister's brother just to be given stay in foreign countries so we don't care about your union chairman. For all we care, no indigenous Oyigbo or Ndoki person would claim to be Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by Daddysidhan: 3:27pm On May 25, 2020
The Igbos on this forum are beginning to irritate me, even with the video documentary most are still arguing and subconsciously defending the outrageous betrayal of trust melted on the minorities such as pakana people. You guys should learn to accept defeat sometimes abi you guys want to know people more than they know themselves

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by EzeAro: 3:27pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Jumbo jumbogha otherwise known as Jaja is an Ibani Ijaw just like anyone else. Oyigbo you erroneously refer to as Obigbo is Ijaw. In fact, if you are conversant with history you would know that the Ibani and Okrika clans of the Ijaw nation are deeply intertwined that the Ndoki cannot be separated from the Ibani or Okrika Okrika Ijaw. You are confused by what it means to be Ibani, Okrika, Ndoki or Oyigbo.

The rubbish you are talking is like telling a Jew he is no Jewish because he is European or North American. Like I told you before, claim America, Brazil , Colombia or Mexico where you sold your kinfolk to. Supreme court ruling or not, Jumbo jumbogha left Bonny island for Opobo as an Ibani Ijaw. He died an Ijaw man. There is no evidence that Jaja had ever been an Igbo man. Every record of Jumbo jumbogha was in Ijawland and of him being Ijaw. Anybody can claim to come from any part of Nigeria, we know how many Igbos claim to be Saro-Wiwa 's father's sister's brother just to be given stay in foreign countries so we don't care about your union chairman. For all we care, no indigenous Oyigbo or Ndoki person would claim to be Igbo.
Cc:Amarabae, Pazienza

Nne come and see what this Ijaw minority idiot is posting oooo grin grin cheesy, Ijaw wan claim Obigbo! According to the minority ogogoro drinking scum King Jaja, a proud Amaigbo son from Imo state isn't Igbo shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by OfoIgbo: 3:36pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Typical expansionist. I have found you out. This is what you had in mind before you came up with that concocted video of yet another Igbo crime. But it will not work for you this time around. Igbanis are Igbanis. Ndoki Igbos are Ndoki Igbos. The date, video recording and time of the new name Oyigbo can be easily derived, and it happened during the reign of Melford Okilo. So it will never be a name like Obigbo, which is antiquated and shrouded in ancient mystery, much like the names of most places.

Jaja was from Amaigbo and his biography is well known, so this your new attempt will not even stand, when put through the test.

Search for Oyigbo (previously Obigbo) and see what language is ascribed to that LGA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_State

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by PHijo(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2020
EzeAro:

Cc:Amarabae, Pazienza

Nne come and see what this Ijaw minority idiot is posting oooo grin grin cheesy, Ijaw wan claim Obigbo! According to the minority ogogoro drinking scum King Jaja, a proud Amaigbo son from Imo state isn't Igbo shocked

To start with, Ijaw is NOT a minority and being a minority is not wrong neither is it a proof of if you are telling the truth or not.

In comparison to the population of Nigeria the English was a minority, yet they colonised you.

Imo is the weakest strain to lay claim of anything. Is unfortunate your history is too shameful for your fathers to tell you. The only Igbos that had history that is worthy of mention are certain parts of Anambra. That is why you barely see people from Anambra engage in the folly the likes of Nnamdi Kanu have been engaged in.

King Jaja never claimed to be Igbo and he never came limelight as an Igbo man.

If I was in your shoe I would be ashamed to claim Jaja was sold to Ijaws by NdiIgbo. It is obvious shame is a scarce word in the lexicon of Igbo like you.
I can't sink into the pit with someone that claims to be speaking on behalf of a tribe named and known for their involvement with narcotics.

I ADVICE you to focus on HISTORICALLY verifiable FACTS !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by OfoIgbo: 3:44pm On May 25, 2020
EzeAro:

You dey mind these idiots, even their Opobo was founded by an Igbo man, we basically defined a section of their most notable part of history for them. Ndi iberibe.

He is being exposed little by little
He partnered with SW almajiris to try and rubbish the Igbo reputation with an unverified video. He is gradually coming clean and for people to see what he was all about.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by PHijo(m): 3:51pm On May 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Typical expansionist. I have found you out. This is what you had in mind before you came up with that concocted video of yet another Igbo crime. But it will not work for you this time around. Igbanis are Igbanis. Ndoki Igbos are Ndoki Igbos. The date, video recording and time of the new name Oyigbo can be easily derived, and it happened during the reign of Melford Okilo. So it will never be a name like Obigbo, which is antiquated and shrouded in ancient mystery, much like the names of most places.

Jaja was from Amaigbo and his biography is well known, so this your new attempt will not even stand, when put through the test.

Search for Oyigbo (previously Obigbo) and see what language is ascribed to that LGA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_State

It has ALWAYS been Oyigbo!
No wonder you are not tolerated the North.
If not for our natural kindness, none of you would have returned after all you did during the war. This rubbish you are talking is probably what caused the pre war pogrom. Calling people thieves for what is rightfully theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by IDENNAA(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Your attempts at rewriting history won't work! Chief Harold Dappa Biriye, God bless his soul. The grand Bonny kingdom, the Ijaw nation and the Niger Delta region needs to do more in remembrance of him. He was a visionary, he saw the Igbo problem long before the rest of the society caught up with it.

The sad thing is, like your grandfathers and fathers, there is no remorse in you for the crimes you committed. Today Nnamdi Kanu makes it known to anyone who cares to listen that you will adopt same human rights abuse methods.

You keep on living in denial! Willinks report encompassed Ijaws in both the Eastern and Western region. Why is it that the Igbo were strongly against a region for the Ijaw? Willinks admitted that the Ijaws had genuine concerns due to their peculiar nature.

To their credit, the resistance from Awolowo's action group was indifferent. Azikiwe was the one who forcefully opposed Biriye.

That eventually led to Biriye leaving the NCNC to form the NDC.

Spreading these false narratives will not help you lot. We have the facts and you are wailing. Write all the nonsense you write and we will still debunk and trash it. Senseless black ffools

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by OfoIgbo: 3:56pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

To start with, Ijaw is NOT a minority and being a minority is not wrong neither is it a proof of if you are telling the truth or not.

In comparison to the population of Nigeria the English was a minority, yet they colonised you.

Imo is the weakest strain to lay claim of anything. Is unfortunate your history is too shameful for your fathers to tell you. The only Igbos that had history that is worthy of mention are certain parts of Anambra. That is why you barely see people from Anambra engage in the folly the likes of Nnamdi Kanu have been engaged in.

If I was in your shoe I would be ashamed to claim Jaja was sold to Ijaws by NdiIgbo. It is obvious shame is a scarce word in the lexicon of Igbo like you.
I can't sink into the pit with someone that claims to be speaking on behalf of a tribe named and known for their involvement with narcotics.

I ADVICE you to focus on HISTORICALLY verifiable FACTS !

Nwokem stop all these your division attempts. I am from Anambra and a solidly conscious Igboman from the Nri clan that introduced much of the cultural practices that people as far as Benin, still practice. I am not an Ikwerre man you can dangle things at to force to deny his Igboness.

Harold Dappa Biriye, your god of yesterday, was fighting for MINORITY RIGHTS. Nothing wrong with being a minority.

Jaja's biography is very clear on the fact that he was from Amaigbo in Imo state

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by EzeAro: 3:57pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Dude are you mentally re.tarded or something? Firstly you're a BLOODY minority, Ijaw nation is a minority ethnic nationality and if the Nigerian census figures are anything to reckon with, you are not even up to the Ibibios in population.

Secondly Ijaw are homeless sojourners in Nigeria just like the Fulani, even the small Bayelsa state you have was because Igbos like Ebitu Ukiwe and Zik pushed you minority Ijaw scums from dominating the politics of River state, and handed that privilege to the Ikwerre who despite their Igbo denial, are linguistically a subgroup of the Igbo nation. Are you getting my drift now? Igbos have ALWAYS put you in your little minority place where you rightfully belong, whenever you tried punch above your height.

Thirdly I have to reiterate my question about your mental status cause I can't seem to understand for the life of me what you mean by this outrageously dumb submission, "Imo[b] is the weakest strain to lay claim of anything. Is unfortunate your history is too shameful for your fathers to tell you. The only Igbos that had history that is worthy of mention are certain parts of Anambra. That is why you barely see people from Anambra engage in the folly the likes of Nnamdi Kanu have been engaged in.[/b]" like WTF does that even mean? I definitely lost some brain cells reading that inanity, please stop embarrassing yourself like this, I'm sure the Ijaws aren't there stupid.

Lastly there is nothing to even argue about, Jaja of Opobo is an Igbo man from Imo state, and his family compound can still be found in Amaigbo with all the documented facts to back it up. An Igbo man founded one of the kingdoms of your people, he have your otherwise inconsequential tribe a sense of limelight and history by establishing Opobo. We defined a very key part of your history, and that's a fact you have to live with as a minority man all your life.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by PHijo(m): 3:58pm On May 25, 2020
IDENNAA:

Spreading these false narratives will not help you lot. We have the facts and you are wailing. Write all the nonsense you write and we will still debunk and trash it. Senseless black ffools

You have NOTHING to say!
You debunked nothing.

Albino Jew wannabe! I am black and proud.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by EzeAro: 4:00pm On May 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

He is being exposed little by little
He partnered with SW almajiris to try and rubbish the Igbo reputation with an unverified video. He is gradually coming clean and for people to see what he was all about.
The guy is an idiot, I can tolerate historical revisionism here and there but a brazen and shameless distortion of historical fact and even common sense has to be the highlight of stupidity. Imagine that product of militancy claiming Obigbo, much worse implying that Jaja wasn't an Igbo man? grin even when records of his birthplace are easily accessible for any half-wit to verify? honestly I'm beginning to think half of the people on Nairaland have some sort of mental disturbance of some sort.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by OfoIgbo: 4:01pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

It has ALWAYS been Oyigbo!
No wonder you are not tolerated the North.
If not for our natural kindness, none of you would have returned after all you did during the war. This rubbish you are talking is probably what caused the pre war pogrom. Calling people thieves for what is rightfully theirs.

Yet again, we cannot be blackmailed. You think by rolling out an unsubstantiated video, you will get Igbos to come crawling. Keep on waiting.

This is a different set of Igbos. Unshakeable

Bonny is ours, and we will dredge the River Niger up to Kainji, and make sure the full length of the river is utilised by the people God placed at her banks. This will include the Igalas, Tivs, Hausas e.t.c

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by ekesol: 4:15pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

Bros what would an Igbo man with vast land grab in a waterlogged area in Bakanna, Okrika. Many Okrika are even praying to have an inch of dry land to build a small house.
All of you peddling these lies. The same way these fools of saboutour went to kill many families of Effiong in Ikotekpene because he supported Biafra and Biafra Army had to retaliate.
These lies were concocted by loyalist to Adaka Boro to gain sympathy from his struggle for fighting against his brothers.
The same Biafra was named by an Ijaw man.
All lies.
Lies!
In case you don't know. I am from one of those Ijaw clans you listed. Bakana, Abonemma, Ogu etc can't be saying the same thing about Biafran rebels and you call that lies.

The victims of the evacuation say it was a land grabbing move.

You people disrespect the memories of our loved ones you murdered in a gruesome manner by denying it.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by PHijo(m): 4:22pm On May 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Nwokem stop all these your division attempts. I am from Anambra and a solidly conscious Igboman from the Nri clan that introduced much of the cultural practices that people as far as Benin, still practice. I am not an Ikwerre man you can dangle things at to force to deny his Igboness.

Harold Dappa Biriye, your god of yesterday, was fighting for MINORITY RIGHTS. Nothing wrong with being a minority.

Jaja's biography is very clear on the fact that he was from Amaigbo in Imo state

I am not interested in your Igbo unity or division. It is the Igbo that are overtly interested in Ijaw issues and I can understand why certain Igbos want to be associated by all means with history of non-Igbos and that's what i referred to.

The Benin or any other group you claimed adopted your culture can respond to that, that's none of my business.

You have comprehension issues, it is rather unfortunate. The Ijaw were to be split across regions and that was what Biriye was fighting against. The term minority was used loosely by the Igbo to refer to non-Igbo under the defunct eastern region. It doesn't mean those were significantly fewer than the Igbo.

Ijaw did not dangle anything at the Ikwerre, even your greed today is still pushing people away from you. From the North to South, from the South to West and even as far as Thailand, they are all complaining about Igbos. Are the Thai also Nigerians that want to divide Igbo because land or anything else?
It is high time you guys tell yourselves the simple truth and make amends. There is nothing wrong in being a minority but the facts is the Ijaw are not a minority.

Which biography? Written by who?
Anyway, Jaja did not find Opobo, he was made the first monarch of Opobo because you Igbos had no institutionalised system of governance until the white created the warrant chief system for you, you will be challenged with the process of setting up kingdoms, chiefdoms and royal dynasties.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by PHijo(m): 4:32pm On May 25, 2020
EzeAro:

Dude are you mentally re.tarded or something? Firstly you're a BLOODY minority, Ijaw nation is a minority ethnic nationality and if the Nigerian census figures are anything to reckon with, you are not even up to the Ibibios in population.

Secondly Ijaw are homeless sojourners in Nigeria just like the Fulani, even the small Bayelsa state you have was because Igbos like Ebitu Ukiwe and Zik pushed you minority Ijaw scums from dominating the politics of River state, and handed that privilege to the Ikwerre who despite their Igbo denial, are linguistically a subgroup of the Igbo nation. Are you getting my drift now? Igbos have ALWAYS put you in your little minority place where you rightfully belong, whenever you tried punch above your height.

Thirdly I have to reiterate my question about your mental status cause I can't seem to understand for the life of me what you mean by this outrageously dumb submission, "Imo[b] is the weakest strain to lay claim of anything. Is unfortunate your history is too shameful for your fathers to tell you. The only Igbos that had history that is worthy of mention are certain parts of Anambra. That is why you barely see people from Anambra engage in the folly the likes of Nnamdi Kanu have been engaged in.[/b]" like WTF does that even mean? I definitely lost some brain cells reading that inanity, please stop embarrassing yourself like this, I'm sure the Ijaws aren't there stupid.

Lastly there is nothing to even argue about, Jaja of Opobo is an Igbo man from Imo state, and his family compound can still be found in Amaigbo with all the documented facts to back it up. An Igbo man founded one of the kingdoms of your people, he have your otherwise inconsequential tribe a sense of limelight and history by establishing Opobo. We defined a very key part of your history, and that's a fact you have to live with as a minority man all your life.

Go and claim America!
The Ijaws and their neighbours bought your children you could not care for just save them from ending in the soup pot. Today they call it international adoption.

Jaja would never have been king if he was Igbo. Ijaws had laws and institutions. They were at par with monarchies of that era across the known world. That you had no history until 1960 does not mean what I am saying is not known facts. You will find our history in many countries across the globe. So I am not shocked that you are overwhelmed by the facts as you depend on hustlers the likes of Nnamdi Kanu for your 'history ' lessons.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by PHijo(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Yet again, we cannot be blackmailed. You think by rolling out an unsubstantiated video, you will get Igbos to come crawling. Keep on waiting.

This is a different set of Igbos. Unshakeable

Bonny is ours, and we will dredge the River Niger up to Kainji, and make sure the full length of the river is utilised by the people God placed at her banks. This will include the Igalas, Tivs, Hausas e.t.c

The water will swallow you!

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by Eastlink(m): 5:04pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

[s]First things first, Port Harcourt is my state capital. Secondly dem no born that Ikwerre man wey wan born me alive well! No mortal man can burn me or do me any harm.

Finally, it is no coincidence that from Bonny in Rivers state to Brass in Bayelsa state, we call our monarchs Amayanabo. Please leave us alone! You've caused enough trouble already. Even Ikwerre people who share linguistic ties with you are ashamed to share the same identity with you. Let Ijaw people be abeg![/s]
Are you sure you're really from Rivers state? I deliberately saw this thread an moved on until you started showing your crass bigotry.

You've been calling for this battle and yet nobody took you serious until now. If this is not madness what else would you call it? What will you gain in looking for Igbo people trouble? And if they lash back at you, you start wailing like a lily livered child? I've been holding myself back for a while now.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by Eastlink(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

[s]Go and claim America!
The Ijaws and their neighbours bought your children you could not care for just save them from ending in the soup pot. Today they call it international adoption.

Jaja would never have been king if he was Igbo. Ijaws had laws and institutions. They were at par with monarchies of that era across the known world. That you had no history until 1960 does not mean what I am saying is not known facts. You will find our history in many countries across the globe. So I am not shocked that you are overwhelmed by the facts as you depend on hustlers the likes of Nnamdi Kanu for your 'history ' lessons[/s].
Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by Eastlink(m): 5:10pm On May 25, 2020
There are no Ijaws in Rivers state? Land grabber, focus on your Bayelsa. Even Nembe and Brass are beginning to deny the Ijaw origin you foisted on them. The origin of Amanayabo came from Ndoki and spread to Bonny, Kalabari and Nembe.
Amanayabo has no meaning in Ijaw, Pere is the name for King in Ijawland.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! by Amarabae(f): 5:48pm On May 25, 2020
PHijo:

you must be on high cocaine to label Ndokis as Ijaws, very high cocaine,
as a full blooded ASA/Ndoki breed from oyigbo and likely older in age than you, the little ijaw impurity in ndoki came as a result of ibani migration into ndoki land, they were migratory fishermen who intertraded with ndokis and a mixed up occurred.
An attempt to ijawnise ASA/Ndoki will end up in total failure, I have seen some funny move by IYC.
we are not ijaws, the aminadokari crap your iyc forged is firmly reject in ndoki land, Ndoki by origin are one of the offshoots of Okpulu Ngwa who had an admixture with some ibani migrants,
ndoki is an anglicized form of Ndi-Oki(Bamboo People) a name given to ndokis by the ngwa neighbours
I have seen you ranting mouth like a gay against Igbos , I keep hearing crap like slave bla bla bla,
slave trade occurred among the Jews,Yoruba's,Igbos,ibibioss etc ,is that a basis for one to be misyearning.
In all ramifications, Igbos and Ijaws are not in the same level both in academics,money,business,international exposure and recognition etc
and for your info, Oyigbo indigenes like me don't have identity crisis,
Go to any village in oyigbo and conduct a survey ,ask them if they are ijaws,ccome here and tell us the result.
even opobo is ndoki Land but thats story for another day.
ijaws lack a cohesive centralized identity to be considered as an ethnic nation, its just a grouping of riverine clans whose language are not mutually intertwined.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Is Wike Still A PDP Member? / The Ijaw National Congress Unanimously Endorse Peter Obi For President / 30 Nigerian Oil Cargoes Dumped Over Sluggish Demand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.