Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Did I Marry The Wrong Person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Marry The Wrong Person? (2973 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by ManofGod3(m): 11:29am On Jan 18, 2011
Someone called me for a counseling, so i need more facts to support what i want to tell her.

A young lady was about to get married but didn't have enough love for the guy she was to get married to. Thinking that may be after marriage she will develop a strong love for him since people say LOVE GROWS.

2 months now in marriage she still struggles to love the man, but no way. She is now asking what she will do since she can't divorce her husband.

Pls what do i tell her. She is seriously crying everyday.

Pls don't make a jest of this. Someone needs our help. God bless u
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Seun(m): 11:32am On Jan 18, 2011
Let's leave love. What does the man do that she doesn't like? What does she want him to do more? She should use contraceptives until the problem is ironed out. Divorce is not so bad if there are no children involved.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Orton10(m): 11:36am On Jan 18, 2011
Marriage is for Better n for worse she must have known dat.
No one forced her into it.
Afterall its just 2months huh?
Man-of-God:

[size=12pt][color=#990000]
She is now asking what she will do since she can't divorce her husband.

Says who??
In that case, Then let her enjoy her marriage
and stop complaining.  sad
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Areaboy2(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
at above,

I second your statement undecided
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by hasyak(m): 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
if it is that bad and she believe she cant cope, then divorce is the best option. but if she wants to die of heart attach, then let her stay for better for worst.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by oreme(m): 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
Lmao!!!, ,, so did anyone force her into the marraige, am sure she probably married him cos the guy had a good job or sumtin and probably even dumped a guy she realy loved for this present guy , does this her husband beat her or abuse in any form?, so what is now the problem?, am sure in her youth age she probably must have toyed with guys and must have broken innocent hearts thinking she can have it all in then honestly this is the kinda s-h-i-t that comes after, if she no one divorce d guy then make she dey there na
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Atreides(f): 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2011
People need to stop viewing marriage as transitory,something they can walk out of whenever they feel like it. Marriage is a sacred bond of union,and she needs to respect it. As long as the man isn't abusing her in any way or being unfaithful,then she cannot just get up and say oh i'm tired after barely two months of being with him. She knew she wasn't in love with him before she married him. She knew what she was going into when she married him and now she just wants to up and leave the guy? A guy who has married her and is trying to build his home,a guy who probably loves her a great deal-she just wants to destroy his happiness because she's tired of making an effort after barely 2 months? That's not just selfish-it's cruel. She needs to realize that she must live up to her responsibilities and do the right thing. She has made her bed and so she must lie on it.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by maclatunji: 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
Atreides:

People need to stop viewing marriage as transitory,something they can walk out of whenever they feel like it. Marriage is a sacred bond of union,and she needs to respect it. As long as the man isn't abusing her in any way or being unfaithful,then she cannot just get up and say oh i'm tired after barely two months of being with him. She knew she wasn't in love with him before she married him. She knew what she was going into when she married him and now she just wants to up and leave the guy? A guy who has married her and is trying to build his home,a guy who probably loves her a great deal-she just wants to destroy his happiness because she's tired of making an effort after barely 2 months? That's not just selfish-it's cruel. She needs to realize that she must live up to her responsibilities and do the right thing. She has made her bed and so she must lie on it.

Where did you get this from your Hardley Chase Novels or your teenage friends?
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by hasyak(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
Atreides:

She has said she is not happy, she has made mistake, so you want her to die for it? the world is not perfect and we have such a short time to live so if she is not happy let her leave.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Atreides(f): 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2011
maclatunji:

Where did you get this from your Hardley Chase Novels or your teenage friends?
And what do novels or friends have to with me believing that marriage is a serious commitment? Excuse me for thinking it's wrong to just walk out on a commitment you made just because you don't feel like it anymore.
hasyak:

She has said she is not happy, she has made mistake, so you want her to die for it? the world is not perfect and we have such a short time to live so if she is not happy let her leave.
Well my own opinion is that she should honor the commitment she's made. As long as he's not abusing her in any way and he's a good guy,i think she shoould try harder.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by SALady(f): 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
I cant blame people who have harsh words for your friend, yet in th esame token I feel reeeeaaly sorry for her and her husband. Imagine the thought of spending the rest of your life with someone you really really dont love. Tough sometimes when you paly it by societal rules. She probably did this under pressure of friends, family and the man.

For what its worth I hope she finds true happiness in or out of her marriage she needs to make up her mind about what truely works for her.

What could be so wrong about the husband? could he be like a hundred years old? See now this is the only reason why a woman should not be happy in a new marriage undecided
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by 677ano(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2011
She should sit with the husband and let him know how unhappy she is in the marriage she jumped into with her eyes wide open
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Seun(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
Love is a transient state. If someone treats you right you will eventually love the person.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by calyx: 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
You must not marry who you love. Just try and love who you have decided to marry.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by omega25red(m): 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
Man-of-God:

Someone called me for a counseling, so i need more facts to support what i want to tell her.

A young lady was about to get married but didn't have enough love for the guy she was to get married to. Thinking that may be after marriage she will develop a strong love for him since people say LOVE GROWS.
2 months now in marriage she still struggles to love the man, but no way. She is now asking what she will do since she can't divorce her husband.

What was her reason for marrying someone she didn't love to begin with? Like Seun suggested she might need to figure out what it is that is stopping her from Loving the man e.g what is he not doing or what is he doing that stops her from connecting with him. She also would need to have a heart to heart with her husband if she can identify why she feels the way she does. Divorce is not the worst thing in the world if you are unhappy. Happiness is paramount
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Dsense(m): 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
OP.
If there is something her Husband does which she doesn't like,Then she can figure it out and make things right if that's the prb.
At the sametime divorce is not too late and might solve the prb. . . . Keep using contraseptive like Seun just prescribed!
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by calculusx(m): 2:28am On Jan 19, 2011
She should stay and make it work. They made vows on their wedding day and that have to be respected. She could have pulled out long ago before getting married rather than waiting till now. Marriage is all about sacrifices,whatever she feels is wrong with the marriage can be worked out. What the lord had join together,let no man put asunder. I will never be a part of DIVORCE so i will advise her to stay and make the marriage work out if she is so determined.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Winnergal(f): 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
Man-of-God:

She should have gone for counselling before saying 'i do'. Don't know what to tell her since every case is peculiar so you wouöld need to give us more details about their relationship.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Busybody2(f): 9:53pm On Jan 19, 2011
^^^

I am sure it was part of the initial counselling she attended they told her to go ahead and marry him as "LOVE GROWS", lol.

Na wah oh, eeyah shocked
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Winnergal(f): 2:12am On Jan 20, 2011
Busy_body:

^^^

I am sure it was part of the initial counselling she attended they told her to go ahead and marry him as "LOVE GROWS", lol.

Na wah oh, eeyah shocked

Yeah, That's also a possibility.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by 190: 2:32am On Jan 20, 2011
Nigerians and arranged marriages

she must have seen money and dived in

not knowing she was diving into a well
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by blakbarbie: 4:02am On Jan 20, 2011
If she had doubts she shouldn't have gone through with it, but then again which one of us is perfect? So since she has ruled out divorcing him I guess she has to deal with it, for THE REST OF HER LIFE! learn to love him.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by breathless(m): 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
Simple. Marry who you love or love who you marry.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Avi8r: 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2011
There is more to this marriage than what we have been told. Why did she marry this guy if she had no feelings for him?
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 4:48am On Jan 21, 2011
@poster
since the gal has ruled divorce out then what is there for her to do apart from sticking to this bloody sham?!
what else would you advise: suicide?!
i suggest she turn s back and go ask the %$#&* people who told her this big lie: LOVE WILL GROW rotflmao!!!!

any person who thinks that spending time with someone "you dont really love" will make you eventually love them is a damn fool and deserve whatever they bargained for!
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by tpia6: 5:11am On Jan 21, 2011
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by hottottie(f): 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
This is kind of weird, why can't she divorce him? . Is this like a christian couple?. Sorry to sound harsh but she married him,its now her bed and if it's that uncomfortable she needs to get out of it.

I am sensing this is religion related,aaahh! i don't know! when will people see sense?
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by dayokanu(m): 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2011
You dont love a man yet you married him? Why did you marry him to start with?

Now you have conned a man into marriage Imagine that!! All these women sha?

Maybe the guy prayed and hoped never to divorce until he met a con-woman like you.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by hottottie(f): 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Dayokanu

Like attract like, maybe he got whay he prayed for?
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by N101: 12:49am On Sep 29, 2011
She should go to her parents house and stay there until she's ready to grow up.

So people told her "love will grow" and she believed that - does she always do what people tell her?

Why did she marry him in the first place? That's the question you really need to ask her.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 29, 2011
@atreides, it's what u get when children try to answer serious questions.
Re: Did I Marry The Wrong Person? by adamsrib(f): 6:17am On Sep 29, 2011
I have never understood people who set themselves up to fail. Your friend has sabotaged not only her future but the future of her husband and both their families. It's a sad situation and she is now stuck in a marriage that was never intended for her. Her husband deserves a wife who genuinely loves him and she has robbed him of that. Yes love does grow over time, but before you marry there should already be a strong foundation of love and friendship. God gave us our feelings for a reason and while we should not let feelings rule our lives, they are there for a reason. She did not listen to her inner voice and now she is trapped. There is nothing you can do for your friend. She must fix this herself and in the process of doing that she may learn some valuable life lessons that will prevent her from making other bad choices. Pray for her, support her as a friend, but you cannot soften this blow for her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Are Treasure That Should Be Valued / Ladies Do You Think This Guy Got Game? / What Is That Thing That Makes You So Happy In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.