Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71685 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by baralatie(m): 10:30pm On May 28, 2020
orumba:
3 days now haven't recovered ooooooooo. E gba mi o.
call ncdc
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Howyeh(f): 10:50pm On May 28, 2020
eleojo23:
The things we often take for granted are very important.

See how many people are looking for their sense of smell and taste.

After all this is over, let's learn to appreciate the little things.
Yes ooo.
*Appreciation" is the word.
The experience made me belief more in;
"Every single part of our body matters"!
Just loss of sense & taste, and I felt so unease.
Sickness ain't a good thing abeg.
May God heal all the sick.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by baralatie(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2020
Howyeh:
Yes ooo. *Appreciation" is the word. The experience made me belief more in; "Every single part of our body matters"! Just loss of sense & taste, and I felt so unease Sickness ain't a good thing abeg. May God heal all the sick.
amen

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Dinzelflash(m): 11:17pm On May 28, 2020
Shit!! I thought I was the only one experiencing this stuff. It started like a mild malaria me that don't get sick on a regular. But after I took malaria drugs I was better but I later discovered that I couldn't smell or taste anything.. Since Saturday! It's super weird..
Those that have passed through it please what drugs did you take to get ur sense of smell and taste back.. I'm not comfortable with this

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by dexla(f): 11:39pm On May 28, 2020
Breadfruit:

Well done. For going to the office with your symptoms and possibly infecting others.

Really!! FYI I told my boss I'd lost my sense of smell and he still insisted I continue working that's it's probably just a cold or something and who knows, maybe I even got it from someone at work and infected my sister who hasn't been out of the house since the lockdown started. One cant really be too careful and stop going about trading blames or guilt tripping people.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by omotolsy(m): 11:41pm On May 28, 2020
Oh boy
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by JonOlive: 11:59pm On May 28, 2020
my sore throat have refused to go for over 2months now. Our toilet is a bit public and smells so bad but I do sit there now and chat on WhatsApp for 45mins! No smell! My fine perfume and horrible armpit all have no smell or odour anymore. But surprisingly, no headache, fever or anything of that nature. I'm fit as fiddle. Could Africans be immune to Covid or is it God's mercies? I think most of us got Covid and survived it without any qualms. Thank you Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by nairamaniac: 12:08am On May 29, 2020
Is this thread a joke?

Are u all serious so?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Investnow2017: 12:12am On May 29, 2020
What strikes in all the responses is the question: WHY ARE PEOPLE HESITANT IN CALLING NCDC EVEN WHEN THEY STRONGLY SUSPECT THAT THEY MIGHT ALREADY HAVE THE CORONAVIRUS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by omotolsy(m): 12:44am On May 29, 2020
Honestly i am surprised
nairamaniac:
Is this thread a joke?

Or u all serious so?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by durodee(m): 12:52am On May 29, 2020
Because the COVID-19 response in Nigeria has been so heavily politicized and stigmatized. Unfortunately.

Investnow2017:
What strikes in all the responses is the question: WHY ARE PEOPLE HESITANT IN CALLING NCDC EVEN WHEN THEY STRONGLY SUSPECT THAT THEY MIGHT ALREADY HAVE THE CORONAVIRUS
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by anuma1(m): 12:53am On May 29, 2020
I have lost mine. See me chewing better cola like Grandnut
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Ibroleesky(m): 12:56am On May 29, 2020
Carchoice:
This one shock me. So you all were eating "anyhow" food the past days and not been able to tell if it was sweet or not grin
damn it what d op says it real, most of d people around me lost thier taste for food nd smell including me, even headache too buh tnks to Jah everything is under control now

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ajimotoke(m): 12:58am On May 29, 2020
iPopAlomo:

Return the money your parent spent on your education if you believe it is 5G.

No return yours, cos you can't read English.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by durodee(m): 12:58am On May 29, 2020
omotolsy:
Honestly i am surprised
I think this is one of the most truthful forum concerning the COVID-19 scenario in Nigeria.
There is massive community explosion and people are only able to talk freely because it's a faceless forum.
I have family members with loss of smell and /or taste as far back as February 2020. Never for once doubted it did not need an Italian to bring the virus to Nigeria ; Nigerians visiting China full ground!!

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by SirWarlock: 1:23am On May 29, 2020
Investnow2017:
That's one of the things the ncdc DG mentioned yesterday; people are not coming forward for testing. We don't believe in anything in this country sad
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by baralatie(m): 1:58am On May 29, 2020
durodee:

I think this is one of the most truthful forum concerning the COVID-19 scenario in Nigeria.
There is massive community explosion and people are only able to talk freely because it's a faceless forum.
I have family members with loss of smell and /or taste as far back as February 2020. Never for once doubted it did not need an Italian to bring the virus to Nigeria ; Nigerians visiting China full ground!!
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 2:06am On May 29, 2020
durodee:

They did not shut down flight. Covid19 might have entered nigeria as far bk as november

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On May 29, 2020
Obakovicho:
They did not shut down flight. Covid19 might have entered nigeria as far bk as november
grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Leecookie(f): 2:46am On May 29, 2020
my bro complained roo
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Leecookie(f): 2:47am On May 29, 2020
anuma1:
I have lost mine. See me chewing better cola like Grandnut
nawaoo is serious
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ghettochild(m): 3:07am On May 29, 2020
Judybash93:

How about Brazil, they also fall within the tropical zone but the virus has ended the lives of over 20,000...
So what makes Africa different..
Why it's just theory..
We shd come up with other theories
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ghettochild(m): 3:13am On May 29, 2020
Judybash93:

How about Brazil, they also fall within the tropical zone but the virus has ended the lives of over 20,000...

South America is the wettest continent and Africa is the third driest continent and the second driest inhabited continent. The Atacama is more scorching than the Sahara, although the South of South America (Patagonia) is much colder than the South of Africa (South Africa) because it is much closer to Antarctica.

I guess that shd explain it
Take a ruler, Google a map of the world n see the positioning of both countries and see that Nigeria is closer or the equator( than the whole of Brazil).. The entire Brazil as a whole..
Focus on the part below the equator...
Anyways the afformention wettness of South America has said it all..
No I still stand on this theory
But in all, we are so lucky in Africa.. Otherwise we will be counting millions of dead people considering our poor health facilities in Africa as whole...
Guys if u have other theories let's share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by maybet081: 5:38am On May 29, 2020
exactly what is happening in Anambra state ,a large percentage of Onitsha residents treat malaria with a similar symptom you mentioned with cold, and it happened within the same time.Honestly am asking can it be the same thing we are running from?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Aghans(m): 6:13am On May 29, 2020
Cheks5:
same thing happened to me. I had malaria symptoms, pains in my joints, slight headache, and a little chest pain.did not loose my breathe. but little climbing step and I will just be breathing like I ran 100 metres. I took malaria medicine and gradually it progressed to slight headache no chest pain and complete loss of smell and partial loss of taste. can taste salt and sugar but not the flavour in a meal. infact it's just like tasting the salt used to prepare any food. now I have regained the my tasting and smelling ability, but now I have mucous like feeling in my nose but no mocous and a feeling of coughing, but no cough.

The same symptoms, I took malaria drugs and I was fine but "I have mucous like feeling in my nose but no mocous and a feeling of coughing, but no cough" this still continues

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Aghans(m): 6:14am On May 29, 2020
Cheks5:
same thing happened to me. I had malaria symptoms, pains in my joints, slight headache, and a little chest pain.did not loose my breathe. but little climbing step and I will just be breathing like I ran 100 metres. I took malaria medicine and gradually it progressed to slight headache no chest pain and complete loss of smell and partial loss of taste. can taste salt and sugar but not the flavour in a meal. infact it's just like tasting the salt used to prepare any food. now I have regained the my tasting and smelling ability, but now I have mucous like feeling in my nose but no mocous and a feeling of coughing, but no cough.

The same symptoms, I took malaria drugs and I was fine but "I have mucous like feeling in my nose but no mocous and a feeling of coughing, but no cough" this still continues
What is helping me now is vit รง and fruits. I'm okay now
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Money4passion99: 6:21am On May 29, 2020
In all these complains and talk talk don do! Abeg what did you guys take to get those senses back? What drug, herb?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by abbiboy: 6:26am On May 29, 2020
czarr:
Almost everyone in my family and church have lost their sense of smell and taste and recovered recently....which is a symptom of corona virus.

Are we all infected and recovering on our own?
after all there is a 98% recovery rate.

My mum experience such recently but has recovered,a doctor said its acute malaria,did u go for test?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Endyjay(m): 6:34am On May 29, 2020
If any body is having such symptoms, do the following and u will be okay.
Get garlic, ginger ( say #100 each ), orange peel (skin of orange) and lemon peel.
slice and boil everything in a pot.
Inhale the steam while it is very hot. Drink a small quantity of the liquid (about half a glass) when it is warm.
Do it morning and night for three days.
If you want to continue, throw it away and buy another one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Nobody: 8:17am On May 29, 2020
Gilbertase:
It happened to me on 16 May, and was the ONLY symptom. Went for a test the next day and it came back positive as i had expected, cos i have never had Anosmia in my 35yrs on planet earth. Got my sense of smell back one week after without any medication aside my normal high strength vit c supplement i take daily. Isolated myself from family since then. No one else has any symptoms. Will retake the test by Sunday, and i'm confident it will be negative. Most people already have or had covid and have recovered without knowing. I already knew sha, even before the test.

But they said no one knows no one who knows anyone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / 74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje / Coronavirus: Panda Supermarket, Abuja Shut Down By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.