Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,888 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71749 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Mrlouis: 4:39pm On May 28, 2020
Babawale01:
I swearugod. Everyone I know are currently treating malaria fever or something similar to corona lately. It almost same symptoms like weak and joint pain. Zero sense of taste/smell and mid temperature coupled with headache.

Even me sef I've been down for 3days now. I can't smell shit. Could this be happening due to changes in weather or our China is here fully??

Now we dey drag herbal drink like food... I no won die oo
Alaye go do HIV test jare
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jakumo(m): 4:41pm On May 28, 2020
Mrlouis:

No be all man pikin been dey buy yansh 20-20 naira, come go carry HIV put for head.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Theevilone(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2020
MissEfe:
2 weeks ago
I was having serious sore throat, serious headaches,, and high temperature especially at night. Sense of taste and smell were gone and mucus mixed with little blood draining down at the back of my throat,
I treated malaria and typhoid,,, and I often giggle with warm water and salt...
Coupled with Iribotor soup, orange, mangoes and a lot of exercise to sweat out..

I'm fine now and every thing is back to normal... But I was very scared...

exactly how mine was tho i haven't regained my sense of test and smell , till I can't perceive the fragrance of my sure body spray and creed aventus perfume. I thought I was alone .

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by MissEfe(f): 4:51pm On May 28, 2020
Theevilone:

exactly how mine was tho i haven't regained my sense of test and smell , till I can't perceive the fragrance of my sure body spray and creed aventus perfume. I thought I was alone .

Take more of hot spicy soups to sweat out and take a lot of fruits... You'll be fine

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Period007(m): 4:52pm On May 28, 2020
Kylekent59:

People like you criticise the NPF for illegal arrest without proper scrutiny.

You are not in the medical line so just STFU

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Judybash93(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2020
Holy Ravioli. Y'all niggas got the Rona...Dayummm!!! But damn, y'all strong as f, wakanda forever!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Judybash93(m): 4:56pm On May 28, 2020
muazuk1:
I had similar experience too after treating malaria, cold nd catarrh..i completely lost my sense of smell not taste. At first i was scared but later said Bleep it., "We die here" currently i feel as strong and healthy as i could ever be nd my sense of smell have come back although not in full sha..
Your new name is Ronazuk grin
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ghettochild(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2020
Adeoye11:
Guy dt wrote this i believe wat u said cos i had like two people dt called me from lagos that felt exactly dt way..
They both lost their sense of smell and taste buh i wonder wat could be the cause..
It happtns mostly in lagos.
I hope obasa has nt sprayed lagos like dis?... grin
Cos Lagos has the highest covid cases n it hard to practice social distancing in naija oo unless everyone stays home n even with that there still won't be social distancing with our housing system of face me I face u
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ghettochild(m): 5:01pm On May 28, 2020
Guys here's my theory..
We know they said the virus can't survive in high temperatures..
Take for instance Nigeria... Its in the tropic zone. And I think the temperature has really weakend the virus which account for the mild symptoms people are experiencing..
I won't be surprised if these people build immunity to the virus... In such a way they won't have symptoms but will definitely pass the virus to other pending when it disappears from their system or the body immune system fights it

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Babawale01: 5:01pm On May 28, 2020
Mrlouis:

Send me money nah So me and my guys go fit do ham.. We are about 15 sha smiley

Make i send my aza?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jakumo(m): 5:02pm On May 28, 2020
Judybash93:
Holy Ravioli. Y'all niggas got the Rona...Dayummm!!! But damn, y'all strong as f, wakanda forever!!!!

RONA ha ha ha I never heard this new abbreviation before ha ha ha ha RONA RONA RONA

Talking 'bout dat RONA man ha ha.

All 'bout dat RONA.

Cain't nobody phuck with da RONA.

Fitna git me a dime bag of dat RONA. Sho y'right.

Wakandans in da house, dey be ready fo dat RONA y'all. Ready as a muffgug.

Peace out. RONA out !

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Judybash93(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2020
Jakumo:

RONA ha ha ha I never heard this new abbreviation before ha ha ha ha RONA RONA RONA

Talking 'bout dat RONA man ha ha.

All 'bout dat RONA.

Cain't nobody phuck with da RONA.

Wakandans in da house, dey be ready fo dat RONA y'all. Ready as a muffgug.

Peace out. RONA out !

Person wey sabi

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by AududuNine11: 5:06pm On May 28, 2020
Bixee:
This is strange

Bixee = kingoftech

Well-done...
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Mikymiky0(f): 5:08pm On May 28, 2020
Wow! Me too. It started with malaria symptoms, then I couldn't taste nor smell anything

I've recovered though.

But it's a scary experience[/quote]

Please what did you take. I'm really down here. We can't perceive anything.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by 3rdeyeNigeria: 5:10pm On May 28, 2020
Slyphil:
Before the first lock down started, I rushed through 2 different big markets in and around my state. During the first week of lock down I developed serious cough, terrible sore throat, that I can't swallow anything. Before I Knew it my 72 year old mum started her own and my 11 year old son. I was scarred to death. To prevent others I cut onions and filled the whole house. I started boiling dogoyaro leaf and covering with it. I drank hot scent leaf water. I treated malaria and typhoid. After about 2 weeks all of us became well. As in very healthy. My mum recovered faster than me. Though she is not the sick sick type. It could be ordinary malaria but bcoz Coro in in town, fear wanted to kill me.

It was actually COVID 19 but your family immune
system was stronger. Go and give Thanksgiving and celebrate God.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jung(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2020
czarr:
its not a total loss of taste but a significant loss of taste.
Mine was total. No smell. No taste.

Very weak and feverish. But I'm better now.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jakumo(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2020
Mikymiky0:
Wow! Me too. It started with malaria symptoms, then I couldn't taste nor smell anything

I've recovered though.

But it's a scary experience

Please what did you take. I'm really down here. We can't perceive anything.

https://www.nairaland.com/5872054/highly-effective-cure-advanced-corona

These two medications are available over the counter in Nigeria, and you lose nothing by trying them. Just phone your doctor to request the correct dosage for your body weight
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Judybash93(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2020
Abidx22:
Few points can be deduced from the forgoing:

Covid-19 is well and truly with us in Nigeria. For the naysayers and doubting Thomases, your cover has been blown away.

The virus is here for a long time, the earlier we key in to this new reality. The better.

It's amazing to find out that Nigerians and Africans are truly blessed with an extremely strong immune system compared with people from other climes. This indeed is a blessing.

The little things we take for granted (sense of smell and taste) are integral part of our lives which we should be grateful of.

My brother, words are not enough to express how much i agree with you. It's like Corona sef just weak for here. See as people are talking here as if it's just some kinda common cold. That virus has killed nearly 400,000 unofficially but omo men nothing survives in Nigeria. Let's thank our ancestors got bestowing the genes of badassry on us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Oblongatarh(m): 5:13pm On May 28, 2020
Wow! I actually thought I was alone on this o. I just got my sense of smell and taste back yesterday after about a week. It wasn't a good experience at all. I couldn't even feel the taste of salt. But thanks to vitamin C, ginger, lemon orange, and eggs which I used to treat myself.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by 3rdeyeNigeria: 5:14pm On May 28, 2020
Sparkle777:
Where are those that says Coronavirus isn't real, let them enter this thread. Where are the 5G exponents, I dnt think most people here have ever seen the 5G masts.
Am so grateful to God that we fought it off, imagine if everyone wit these symptoms had died?
Remember, that u can always contact it again if exposed. Now for the recoverees, pls isolate and dnt spread it the more.

Mr woman stop creating fear. You can't contact any of CoronaViruses twice.

Once it comes and you over power it, your body builds special immunity against it.
That's also how vaccines work.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by bizzibodi(m): 5:14pm On May 28, 2020
Loss of smell as in u cnt smell yur poo when fail open in d toilet? & cnt taste d sweetness in sugar?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Judybash93(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2020
ghettochild:
Guys here's my theory..
Take for instance Nigeria... Its in the tropic zone. And I think the temperature has really weakend the virus which account for the mild symptoms people are experiencing..
I won't be surprised if these people build immunity to the virus... In such a way they won't have symptoms but will definitely pass the virus to other pending when it disappears from their system or the body immune system fights it

How about Brazil, they also fall within the tropical zone but the virus has ended the lives of over 20,000...

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by litaninja(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2020
You're welcome.... Since covid-19 is now spread via whatsapp.

czarr:
we have a whatsapp group where we communicate, we do not gather oga. but thanks for the insult anyway
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Judybash93(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2020
3rdeyeNigeria:

Mr woman stop creating fear. You can't contact any of CoronaViruses twice.

Once it comes and you over power it, your body builds special immunity against it.
That's also how vaccines work.
According to some sources, there's a risk of reinfection

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by dingbang(m): 5:21pm On May 28, 2020
Lagosians sef. I am so not coming to Lagos anytime soon .
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by kimjessey2019: 5:27pm On May 28, 2020
I believed you .my sister in Lagos complained the same thing but she feels better now. She just treated malaria

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On May 28, 2020
ghettochild:
Guys here's my theory..
Has immunity been confirmed as far as the virus is concerned? How long does said immunity, if confirmed, last?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jakumo(m): 5:29pm On May 28, 2020
Judybash93:

How about Brazil, they also fall within the tropical zone but the virus has ended the lives of over 20,000...

This is the million dollar question whose answer may never be found.

Why has Nigeria, whose climate is the SAME as that of Brazil, thus far escaped the terrible fate of Brazil's population, due to this same virus ?

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On May 28, 2020
Judybash93:
good one!
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by leomarz007: 5:31pm On May 28, 2020
pls who knows where one can get original yoyo bitters in ph, delta, lagos or edo state. I have been having serious gastrointestinal issues and gases anyhow. Any doctor I can talk to in here

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Perfect888: 5:33pm On May 28, 2020
AmazingELixir:

undecided undecided

I guess you are amongst the lot that came here to brag that Corona virus cannot survive in Africa and Naija because of the weather ....now you've changed the narrative to strong immunity even while the death toll is increasing...keep deceiving yourselves.

One of my female friend is just recovering from it , when I called her today and she was like I shouldn't be scared I should come out it's not a death sentence that it is like malaria and that I will get it and recover....I was like " are you high on something"

Me that have not stepped out since the Corona virus made land fall, office people have been calling me to resume, i don't even have their time...all my system is still very much intact and i want it to remain that way.

You are seriously doing yourself more harm than good...
You think Coro Will finish anytime soon? Like Ebola
My dear... We are already living with it now.

I had this similar experience last two weeks.
My cousin called and told me that she can't perceive anything, immediately after the call, I tried to perceive sth but I couldn't. That was how I realized that my taste buds are dead also..

I immediately went to pharmacy shop and they gave me drug to build my immune system and also eat ginger most times.. Within three days, I recover.
The funny part was that during the period, I didn't have any symptom of Malaria or sickness. I was feeling much okay.

Now am very much okay
I can perceive sth very well now.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Ishilove: 5:34pm On May 28, 2020
Jakumo:

This is the million dollar question whose answer may never be found.

Why has Nigeria, whose climate is the SAME as that of Brazil, thus far escaped the terrible fate of Brazil's population, due to this same virus ?
They don't have Dr Iguedo Goko cleanser and other allied brew tongue grin tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply)

Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) / Belgian Hospital Cut Off Ajima Ogbole’s Cervix, Paralysed Her Sister (Photos) / Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.