Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71613 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jakumo(m): 5:36pm On May 28, 2020
Ishilove:

They don't have Dr Iguedo Goko cleanser and other allied brew tongue grin tongue

Maybe Brazil's babalawo witch doctors failed to take refresher courses in Africa, and failed to renew their operating licences.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by 3rdeyeNigeria: 5:42pm On May 28, 2020
Authoreety:
Lolzzz... So everybody in Naija had caught covid 19 and recovered?

I can't help but laugh, cos I also had same symptoms sometime last week... Anyways, I'm linking NCDC to this thread to come and have a field day by arresting y'all

Lol
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by adioolayi(m): 5:51pm On May 28, 2020
nachinaGod:
To regain ur sense of taste n smell......buy vitamine c....i mean the cup one thats being sold for 300 naira or 400 naira..
Leak it like sweet every day..infact if possible finish d full cup withing 2 days...by leaking continously .
Overdose...
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Kennedymac(m): 5:55pm On May 28, 2020
I swear to God I went through this last week,
I fell sick on Sunday and took anti malaria drugs
by Wednesday I lost my sense of taste and smell I googled tire because this was a first for me

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by seanjy4konji: 5:59pm On May 28, 2020
May God help us..I have been working in Lagos for the past three to 4 weeks in Lagos and I noticed this also since last week...no sense of taste or smell and this feeling of malaria bit not the usual type.I have energy but feeling cold.no cough or catarrh.. Work involves crowded place.I thought I was the only one not until I and my brothers and friends had a short break to travel for the Muslim festival and we only saw that day to drink and eat the ram we killed..over 24 of us all had anti malaria drugs in our purses and bags..every one was treating malaria for those three days codedly..

We are back in Lagos working and the taste thing is just coming gradually to me sha and cold getting milder.

May God sha help us..

Can't be coincidence every one individually went to different shops to purchase drugs cos of the unwell feeling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Legendguru: 6:00pm On May 28, 2020
Oh
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by LordofNaija: 6:07pm On May 28, 2020
seanjy4konji:
May God help us..I have been working in Lagos for the past three to 4 weeks in Lagos and I noticed this also since last week...no sense of taste or smell and this feeling of malaria bit not the usual type.I have energy but feeling cold.no cough or catarrh.. Work involves crowded place.I thought I was the only one not until I and my brothers and friends had a short break to travel for the Muslim festival and we only saw that day to drink and eat the ram we killed..over 24 of us all had anti malaria drugs in our purses and bags..every one was treating malaria for those three days codedly..

We are back in Lagos working and the taste thing is just coming gradually to me sha and cold getting milder.

May God sha help us..

Can't be coincidence every one individually went to different shops to purchase drugs cos of the unwell feeling.
Call NCDC helpline. It is what it is
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by blingmoney01: 6:07pm On May 28, 2020
I lost my sense of taste and smell last week wednesday also ...
anything i ate during those period taste so awkward and it was strange
but am okay now, my normal taste is back grin

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by kween01: 6:10pm On May 28, 2020
@op it's covid19. At the moment, I have lost smell sense too, and food doesn't appeal, with some other malaria symptoms.

I never thought much of it, but my brother who is regaining his gradually now, went for test at Lasuth on Saturday, they just replied him with his result now and he's positive.

We have all been taking anti malaria treatment both herbs and drugs in the house.
If this matter were to be more than this, even the government can't handle it. Today is Thursday and test was conducted on Saturday, Result just got to him. Out of five people in my house, I'm sure 3 already has/had it. The one who went with my tested positive brother was nt tested because they said they were only expecting one person. So test is by "pre order".
Now, if we rely on them for treatment, imagine what would have happened between Saturday and now.

My advice, everybody should start treating malaria at home especially with hot herbs. Take (fruits, NCDC recommended this sef) eat well. People on their own are overcoming it without knowing. I am able to confirm because my brother was tested.
We have pass the stage of fear, let's brace up and fight it with everything possible, this thing is plenty outside now, more than what they are reporting. Don't wait for them to come treat you, it might get out of hand.
God help us.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CalabarDude(m): 6:14pm On May 28, 2020
mehn same thing happened to me last week, i lost my senses both smell an taste, i had body pains in joints and mild cold, i took malaria drugs an typhoid amoxilin, since Tuesday my senses av started comin back gradually, mehn i was scared as Bleep, an am in calabar

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Olulinks(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
This simply shows you are still moving around with old knowledge of Corona virus.

VickyRotex:
If you feel/believe you, your family, and other people you know are infected with Covid19, whether you're recovering on your own or not, please isolate for the required number of days.

There are cases where people recover but still able to infect others because of the long incubation period of the virus.

Btw, I believe there are other things other than Covid that can cause collective loss of smell but if you cant test, then isolate as much as possible.

Try to update your knowledge of the virus.

11 days after being down with the virus, it cant be contacted from the victim anymore.

This is why isolation centers now release anyone in lockdown in their centers for over 11 days.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CalabarDude(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2020
Iamvetlander:
As anybody in Cross River or kogi state had such experince?

i had t bro, last wk i could nt taste an smell anything, even my soap an spray, i had body pains in joints an slight cold, i treated malaria, an typhoid, bt on Tuesday i felt my smell comin back an i can taste some food now

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 6:21pm On May 28, 2020
Judybash93:

My brother, words are not enough to express how much i agree with you. It's like Corona sef just weak for here. See as people are talking here as if it's just some kinda common cold. That virus has killed nearly 400,000 unofficially but omo men nothing survives in Nigeria. Let's thank our ancestors got bestowing the genes of badassry on us
I swear years of chloriquine, have saved us

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Olulinks(m): 6:26pm On May 28, 2020
Vitamin C doesn't have overdose!

adioolayi:

Overdose...
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Breadfruit: 6:34pm On May 28, 2020
HeadShot:

I thought it was only me... shocked
It started like malaria but it wasnt ... It was something different... Had a sore throat and a serious urge to cough...

At a point lost sense of taste... Evrything tasted like water.. Im in lagos

I have long recovered.. But i knew in my bones it was corona

To thine own self be true. Thank you for being honest.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by czarr(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2020
litaninja:
You're welcome.... Since covid-19 is now spread via whatsapp.

You are obviously lacking in brain matter...
You can see people sharing their experiences...do the needful, say something sensible or Fvck off

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Tochex101(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Has immunity been confirmed as far as the virus is concerned? How long does said immunity, if confirmed, last?
This is the burning question we should all be discussing.......anybody with qualified information should please share.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Breadfruit: 6:39pm On May 28, 2020
dexla:
I'm experiencing the same thing after treating malaria. The same with my sister, we both lost the 2 senses and we dont even know the real taste of what we've been cooking and it's been over a week. Some food taste really salty, some just blanch, yesterday I had sore throat and decided to get benylin for wet phlegm and septrin and this morning I could smell my damp clothe. I could just imagine if I didnt take a whiff of that smell and wore that smelly dress to office cry cry.
Well done. For going to the office with your symptoms and possibly infecting others.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by adioolayi(m): 6:57pm On May 28, 2020
Olulinks:
Vitamin C doesn't have overdose!

The fact it is water soluble doesn't mean it doesn't have limit....Nausea, Diarrhea are some of the overdose side effects

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 7:17pm On May 28, 2020
Stonewell:
my started fever after I when to the market without nose mask. I awoke up a fever in the morning, the next was head. Another day, I can't eat food no appetite. I was not taking it seriously because he doesn't hold me down. Another day I couldn't feel taste of food and same time I can't smell anything. I got some herbs, cook and take when it's hot. Just few days later I can perceived and taste food.

wow what an ordeal! Good to know you're feeling okay now. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 7:18pm On May 28, 2020
kbright911:

I love you already... You're a darling... An intelligent opinion

haha thanks!

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 7:20pm On May 28, 2020
Olulinks:
This simply shows you are still moving around with old knowledge of Corona virus.

Try to update your knowledge of the virus.

11 days after being down with the virus, it cant be contacted from the victim anymore.

This is why isolation centers now release anyone in lockdown in their centers for over 11 days.

Mr. new Knowledge undecided
What did I say, what are you saying?

Did I even mention number of days? Or is 11 days not a long incubation period compared to a normal cold that runs for 3 to 4 days?
Please next time read to understand ooo. I no vex! undecided
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by baralatie(m): 7:27pm On May 28, 2020
kween01:
@op it's covid19. At the moment, I have lost smell sense too, and food doesn't appeal, with some other malaria symptoms.

I never thought much of it, but my brother who is regaining his gradually now, went for test at Lasuth on Saturday, they just replied him with his result now and he's positive.

We have all been taking anti malaria treatment both herbs and drugs in the house.
If this matter were to be more than this, even the government can't handle it. Today is Thursday and test was conducted on Saturday, Result just got to him. Out of five people in my house, I'm sure 3 already has/had it. The one who went with my tested positive brother was nt tested because they said they were only expecting one person. So test is by "pre order".
Now, if we rely on them for treatment, imagine what would have happened between Saturday and now.

My advice, everybody should start treating malaria at home especially with hot herbs. Take (fruits, NCDC recommended this sef) eat well. People on their own are overcoming it without knowing. I am able to confirm because my brother was tested.
We have pass the stage of fear, let's brace up and fight it with everything possible, this thing is plenty outside now, more than what they are reporting. Don't wait for them to come treat you, it might get out of hand.
God help us.
thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Joshcoli(m): 7:38pm On May 28, 2020
It first came with body pains but no fever cuz my temperature was still between 36.0 - 36.4 and headache
I thought it was malaria

Letter it became catarh, starter sneezing and coughing slightly

Catarh stoped, coughing is gradually easing off

This is scary ooo

I heard the good news is that kids heals from it

I don Google symptoms of Corona tire and they all match

It's really becoming scary for me

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Villain7: 7:39pm On May 28, 2020
Hmmmm..... I dey list ooooo...

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ChelseaDr(m): 7:43pm On May 28, 2020
It appears loss of sense of smell and taste is a very good prognostic marker for survival and a marker of mild disease.

Hands crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by osepat: 7:46pm On May 28, 2020
I also experienced loss of taste just a week ago. didn't think much of it till I stumbled on this thread.
it is indeed strange I tell you.
What is really going on. something is definitely wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 7:52pm On May 28, 2020
ChelseaDr:
It appears loss of sense of smell and taste is a very good prognostic marker for survival and a marker of mild disease.

Hands crossed.
Apt.. We need to note it
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Rodwave: 7:58pm On May 28, 2020
AmazingELixir:

You got to know these how...this is the misinformation that keep derailing gullible folks, having gone through the experience doesn't make anyone immune, prevention and safeguarding oneself is the answer.

Corona virus is no chickenpox

So I should believe you instead experts abi? How do you want me to believe your assumptions as fact?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Daysbaba(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2020
Nothing to be afraid of. About 3 weeks ago I experienced same, when I complained to my friends, more than 10 people said same thing,.
I think most people who make use of the surgical nose mask had same thing, though not sure.
My recommendation, continue to use your nose mask and get treatment for malaria adding chloroquine and antibiotics.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by xolocious(m): 7:59pm On May 28, 2020
I'm wowed... That's exactly what I'm going. Feeling feverish, totally lost my sense of smell and taste but I'm gradually regaining it back. It's been over two weeks and I've been on malaria medication but there's been a great improvement in my sense of smell and taste compared to early last week. It's kinda funny seeing lots of people going through this same shit I'm passing through but I'm glad we're getting healed with or without medication...
Funny enough, within the space of two weeks, everyone in my dept (about 11 of us) have been experiencing this but I'm glad they're all fine after taking malaria medication. Everyone is totally healed.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by maasoap(m): 8:02pm On May 28, 2020
Slyphil:
Before the first lock down started, I rushed through 2 different big markets in and around my state. During the first week of lock down I developed serious cough, terrible sore throat, that I can't swallow anything. Before I Knew it my 72 year old mum started her own and my 11 year old son. I was scarred to death. To prevent others I cut onions and filled the whole house. I started boiling dogoyaro leaf and covering with it. I drank hot scent leaf water. I treated malaria and typhoid. After about 2 weeks all of us became well. As in very healthy. My mum recovered faster than me. Though she is not the sick sick type. It could be ordinary malaria but bcoz Coro in in town, fear wanted to kill me.

Malaria has nothing to do with sore throat or cough. U don overcome covid-19

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

Chinese Doctor Grows New Ear On Man's Arm To Restore His Hearing(photos) / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / 74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.